View Poll Results: Who do u think has more internal energy?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shi Potian

14 22.95%
  • Xu Zhu

39 63.93%
  • Zhang Wuji

8 13.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who has more internal energy?

I dunno if JY necessarily wrote himself into a corner there. If the SM wasn't there there could theoretically be the all time ultimate jianghu battle as Xiao Yuanshan and Xiao Feng fight with Murong Bo, Murong Fu, and Jiumouzhi and maybe Xu Zhu and Duan Yu arrive and JMZ gets sucked while XYS and MRB get killed and a mass fight occurs or whatever. There are multiple ways to solve it, not necessarily Buddhist ways, but it's not like it was an unresolvable situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Ehh I still can't believe it. Even in the world of wuxia jumping over a WHOLE sea is crazy...
    It's not the WHOLE sea. He was on a boat heading home. He jumped over a portion of the sea but not the WHOLE sea.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-12-06 at 08:56 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I dunno if JY necessarily wrote himself into a corner there. If the SM wasn't there there could theoretically be the all time ultimate jianghu battle as Xiao Yuanshan and Xiao Feng fight with Murong Bo, Murong Fu, and Jiumouzhi and maybe Xu Zhu and Duan Yu arrive and JMZ gets sucked while XYS and MRB get killed and a mass fight occurs or whatever.
    You mean, JMZ gets leeched by DY while XZ finds himself stuck between MRB and XYS and suddenly absorbing all their energies? And of course, MRF gets undivided loving attention from our big hairy Khitan.

That may very well be the case. But remember that at first Duan Yu would kowtow like crazy to everyone and beg them to stop fighting, until finally giving up and trying to pull JMZ out of the way, at which point JMZ would try to hit him and would get sucked through great luck. And of course than XZ would run between MRB and XYS and by a freak accident absorb their energy too, at which point he can take naval artillery blasts without sustaining damage.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

XuZhu wouldn't be able to absorb the energies of MRB and XYS. they power wasn't XYP base. in fact if he did get between them, even with his ultra high inner power, he would probably be killed, possibly all three of them. Duan Yu is the only one with proper absorbing abilitybecause he learned BMSG. in fact XuZhu should only be able to absorb the energy from LQS and TSTL because both were injured and already lost quite a bit of qi before hand and his qi was at that moment the highest.(can some one confirm if this was in the novel). in the adaption, TSTL got XuZhu to strike LQS with life death talisiment and weaken her qi base.

but a point. earlier someone expressed doubt wherther Duan Yu was up there with XuZhu and XF, it was already stated in the novel that the combination of the fire frog essence, BMSG and LBWW made him invincible(unbeatable) through he couldn't hurt others. later as he masterd 6MDS, he was equal to XuZhu and XF.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Xu Zhu will win. But if Duan Yu was up there, maybe he could try absorbing SPT's interna enegy.:P

I dont know much about whether DY can absorb XZ energy, but I think DY should b in the poll. After all, he has absorbed the energy of quite some people.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh
    Xu Zhu will win. But if Duan Yu was up there, maybe he could try absorbing SPT's interna enegy.:P

I dont know much about whether DY can absorb XZ energy, but I think DY should b in the poll. After all, he has absorbed the energy of quite some people.
    Beiming Shengong only allows you to absorb from people at a lower energy level. Duan Yu would definitely not be able to absorb from Xuzhu. He might not be able to absorb from Shi Potian either.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Is that right? How did he absorb Jiu Mozhi's energy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Is that right? How did he absorb Jiu Mozhi's energy?
    Duan Yu's energy level was already superior to Jiumozhi before the incident.

DGSD chapter 46:

鸠摩智本来神昏迷糊,内息既有去路,便即清醒,心下大惊:“啊哟!我内力给他这般源源吸去,不多时便成废人 ,那可如何是好?”当即运劲竭力抗拒,可是此刻已经迟了,他的内力就不及段誉浑厚,其中小半进入对方体内后,此消彼长,双手更是强弱悬殊,虽极力挣扎,始终无法凝聚,不令外流 。
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

My Chinese is bad. But I think Duan Yu was sucking Jiu Mo Zhi's energy when Jiu Mo Zhi was knocked senseless. By the time Jiu Mo Zhi had come to his senses and started to fight back, Duan Yu had already sucked enough of Jiu's energy where Duan's was stronger. Can a person with better Chinese verify?

Jiumozhi's inner strength was confirmed to be inferior than DY when he was leeched at Celestial Dragon Monastery. (Chapter 10)

Okay, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Beiming Shengong only allows you to absorb from people at a lower energy level. Duan Yu would definitely not be able to absorb from Xuzhu. He might not be able to absorb from Shi Potian either.
    Then, how can a zero energy Duan Yu at the beginning absorb the energy of others?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Then, how can a zero energy Duan Yu at the beginning absorb the energy of others?
    Good point.

But maybe Beiming gave him some energy? Since he absorbed some low level people's energy. Though I think their energy might be higher, its a possiblity.

It was never specifically stated that you can't leech from a higher power source. The wording on the Xiao Yao Scroll only cautioned against it and vaguely hinted that you may end up reversing the flow. This point was never clarified properly in the book.

Given the XZ had Bei Ming Zhen Qi, its quite possible that if DY opened the channel between them, DY's energies _might_ flow into XZ instead of the other way around.

As for XZ leeching others, generally its not possible. But freak accidents happen.

DY leeched others with higher energy early on in the book thru accidents too. They tried to hit him etc etc. It also caused him to nearly fire deviate.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    It was never specifically stated that you can't leech from a higher power source. The wording on the Xiao Yao Scroll only cautioned against it and vaguely hinted that you may end up reversing the flow. This point was never clarified properly in the book.

Given the XZ had Bei Ming Zhen Qi, its quite possible that if DY opened the channel between them, DY's energies _might_ flow into XZ instead of the other way around.

As for XZ leeching others, generally its not possible. But freak accidents happen.

DY leeched others with higher energy early on in the book thru accidents too. They tried to hit him etc etc. It also caused him to nearly fire deviate.
    Well if Duan Yu can leech Xu Zhu's energy, he would have the highest energy's ever. He would basically leeched everybody he fights and win. Until his body cant stand the energy and he fire deviate.

Lightbulb XZ better than SPT?

I m kinda surprised most felt that XZ is better than SPT but I wonder how many of the voters have actually read Ode to Gallantry. Is it possible to compare the 2 lords of xie ke island with the greats as they are the next best fighters whom SPT defeated them with ease?

Btw DY is not included as I m pretty sure his internal strenght is lower than XZ and besides I dun like him
    Last edited by shen long; 07-08-06 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    I m kinda surprised most felt that XZ is better than SPT but I wonder how many of the voters have actually read Ode to Gallantry. Is it possible to compare the 2 lords of xie ke island with the greats as they are the next best fighters after SPT whom he defeated them with ease?
    Both Lord Long and Lord Mu should be around a Great level or slightly lower. But both WCY and ZBT should definetly be stronger than both Lord Long and Lord Mu.
    ..ext88

So spt much > XF ?

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    So spt much > XF ?
    I assume you never read Ode of Gallantary.
    SPT beated the Long and Mu Island Owners without even breaking a sweat.