Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 傲剑江湖 (Yu Bo, Kathy Chow, Ray Lu)

I have watched both Ao Anh Than Tram (with Noel/Vivian Leung) and Kiem Ngao Giang Ho (or something like that).
    I was not too impressed by YuBo's acting, in fact, I was quite disappointed by his really bad acting in these series. His acting has not changed a bit since Thuy Nguyet Dong Thien. Allways the same, he still fails to express complex emotions. I have hoped, that it might have changed now that he might have gained some expriences. But unfortunately, YuBo does not seem to have worked on acting improvements .
    When watching Ao Anh Than Tram his pathetic mimics got me really annoyed! I was so waiting for him to express something, to bring the character to life, but it just looked like he was lamenting his lines and that's it! I couldnt even see his love for this doctor girl, if I havent read about their love before I would not say he was in love with her
    He seems more at ease with Chau Hai My, they sure look cute together, however CHM does look somewhat too old for her character. But at least, she was kind of funny and lovely.

Last but not least, I really think, after all, YJY is the better actor of the two (YuBo and YJY), at least he has improved a lot, his characters showed depth and feelings. Definetely a good actor

Would anyone recommend this series?
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by meo_trang
    I have watched both Ao Anh Than Tram (with Noel/Vivian Leung) and Kiem Ngao Giang Ho (or something like that).
    I was not too impressed by YuBo's acting, in fact, I was quite disappointed by his really bad acting in these series. His acting has not changed a bit since Thuy Nguyet Dong Thien. Allways the same, he still fails to express complex emotions. I have hoped, that it might have changed now that he might have gained some expriences. But unfortunately, YuBo does not seem to have worked on acting improvements .
    When watching Ao Anh Than Tram his pathetic mimics got me really annoyed! I was so waiting for him to express something, to bring the character to life, but it just looked like he was lamenting his lines and that's it! I couldnt even see his love for this doctor girl, if I havent read about their love before I would not say he was in love with her
    He seems more at ease with Chau Hai My, they sure look cute together, however CHM does look somewhat too old for her character. But at least, she was kind of funny and lovely.

Last but not least, I really think, after all, YJY is the better actor of the two (YuBo and YJY), at least he has improved a lot, his characters showed depth and feelings. Definetely a good actor
    Totally agree!!

That is most definitely true. I liked YJY's role in Paradise (Shui Yue Dong Tian), and this series is another one where he is actively conveying a complex character. It's so great to see him fight on Yu Bo's level in the beginning scenes haha.

His character, Huo Liang, goes through a lot of conflictions and changes. Fang Xu is just blah. Goody goody. I also prefer YJY thn YuBo

could someone spoil the ending thanks

does anyone kno who sings the opening and the ending themes, what the song titles are called, or whether there is/will be a soundtrack? also, does anyone have the mp3s for the themes?

Agree with you about yang jun yi. Love his character in this series and he is a better actor then Yu Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by gorunktenks
    That is most definitely true. I liked YJY's role in Paradise (Shui Yue Dong Tian), and this series is another one where he is actively conveying a complex character. It's so great to see him fight on Yu Bo's level in the beginning scenes haha.

His character, Huo Liang, goes through a lot of conflictions and changes. Fang Xu is just blah. Goody goody. I also prefer YJY thn YuBo
    Agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie
    almost finished. its good, the beginning is good... the middle is more about character development and relationship developments and some secrets starts be come out -> not that u'll be surprised, but its getting to the good parts about 10 espisodes into the second set of dvds. the plot starts to thicken!! hehehe...

i have to say that xiao li is bugging me --> even if she was losing her eye sight, no way will a real person in life gives up her lover/fiance so that the other girl can feel better about herself!!! its a wonder huo lian got so angry at her for it...

i hate yang guang! i havent seen her play any good roles apart for wesi li with nicky...

who is xiao li and huo lian .

i think xiao li is yuki and huo lian is YJY. i do like them but sometime their love is tiring with her being so self rightouse

Quote Originally Posted by tae
    i think xiao li is yuki and huo lian is YJY. i do like them but sometime their love is tiring with her being so self rightouse

you are correct. i realli prefer YJY instead of YB & i also think hes actually quite cute as well... anywayz... anyone got the songs? or know who sings them?

I think that they should give yubo are other role...because his role are repeating since Thuy Nguyet Dong Thien.
    -Dong Bat in Thuy Nguyet Dong Thien, and also in Ao Anh Than Tram and know in this serie, his characters are same, i don't see any improve of his acting since Thuy Nguyet Dong Thien althought i am his fan.

About YJY, i can say that he have alot chance than yubo, yet, he is second lead actor, but his role aren't repeating....so, he improve alot until the first serie that i seen him (ummm...Tieu Thap Nhat Lang, it is the first serie that i seen yubo and YjY)
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

how many chapters does this series have?

Default Spoilers WARNING

I just summarize the last part really briefly. So Ray accepts YJY and finally hugs him. Ray commit suicide after making Yubo promise to always uphold justice. YJY swllows the posion pill to go on the same path as his father. However, YJY doesn't die because the emperor (his blood father) really did want him to die. Flash to one year later at Ray's grave site. Yuki and YJY have a son. They have come to visit and the emperor comes as well. Basically he accepts YJY and gives both YJY and his son names. Yubo is working for Justice Bao now and he comes hand in hand with Kathy. The series ends with Yubo and YJY talking about their father.

Oh, I actually watched the series twice because I really did love it. Especially YJY performance. I loved the storyline about the whole father son thing with Ray + Emperor + YJY. I sort of expected it to go in a diffeent direction but I am glad it ended the way it did.
    Last edited by Kolab; 11-18-06 at 02:23 AM.

Well, i finally got to see this series and must say, i like it so far (i'm on episode 7-Giang Ho Ngao Kiem is the viet title and you can find it on both google video and youtube). Anyways, i was amused that the voice dubbed ppl are the same as those in paradise (thuy nguyet tam kiem khach). Kathy's character had Ada's dou dou voice, which was a bit disturbing and hard to get used to. the fact that the two characters were both simple and supposedly adorable made me forget which show i'm watching when i'm looking away from the screen. Here's my thoughts on the show so far:

-I do like the voice dubbed b/c it was easy to watch and matched the characters more in comparision to the voice dubbed ppl of Ao An Than Tram (i think they generally dub Korean series and maybe some taiwan), which sounded highly annoying and over dramatic.
    -i like yjy character in here b/c he's so well-rounded and the fact that he likes the girl (is it yuki?) to the point of being obsessive is a plus in my book
    -i dislike yubo's character in here; not only does he possess bad hair (why does every1's wig look better than his), but also very bad clothes. furthermore, he's not too smart and he's a bit too square. all in all, a very boring character that is not as heroic as in thuy nguyet tam kiem khach (w/ Ada Choi and Norman Tsi), adorable-looking as in Ao An Than Tram (w/ Irene Wan and Noel Leung), or suave as in Tieu Thap Nhat Lang (w/ Nicky Wu and Athena Chu)
    -i also dislike Kathy Chow in this show. I like the character, but I think she's a miscast, not b/c she's a bad actress, but she just doesn't possess the look to play the role. First she looked too old and when she's acting cute, she's merely acting, you don't see the cuteness; 2nd, she did not match yubo b/c i see no chemistry; third, her eyes looks puffy making her constantly looks like she's been crying causing her to look more fitting in sad roles rather than this happy, innocent, money-loving role and her mouth is unnatural when she's pouty or tries to look cutsey. I like Kathy as an actress but i feel she is more fitting in sad roles; I like her in Plain Love w/ Gallen Lo and Eddie Cheung b/c she fit that role more (mind you she was younger then too).
    -Last, I want to express my surprise on how young and suave Ray Lui looks (sans the mustache). Wow. In the flashbacks scenes, he looks soooo young, even younger looking than Yubo and YJY and he's 10-20 years their senior (b-day: 12-22-1955). weird.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 12-06-06 at 03:25 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Just finished this series and I love it. It's been a very long time to see Kathy Chow and Ray Lui in the same series. Love them so much

wow i just finish this series. I totally love YJY character, he smart, rutheless yet is heroic, and he love with his whole being and he potray so good. He may not be good looking but he just drawn me in. Yubo character bore me and his acting is kinda bad. In thuy nguyet tam kiem khach, i love YJY character more than yubo. I tire of alll the perfect hero. a very good series.
    Last edited by tae; 12-15-06 at 09:33 PM.

Finished this series last week. I enjoyed it from start to end. The only thing that I would haveliked to see was for the foreign princess to also ended up with JYJ. BUt he only loves Xiao Li

I just finished watching this not long ago and have to say I loved it. Yu Huo Lian is such a fantastic character! I've become a big fan of Yang Jun Yi after watching this series. He did a great job!
    "And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart." answered the soul.

Great news. the official YUBO international website will be opened recently, and the english forum had been opened today but it's still in building!

There are every kinds of information on Yu BO, from biography and filmography to pictures and videos. it also has the latest news and reports on Yu Bo.You can also post your own works (words,images and multimedias) to the forum or talk about the series.

The forum website address is: http://yuboclub.com/bbs/index.php

but you can also directly enter the english forum use this address: http://yuboclub.com/bbs/index.php?gid=46

To view the content or add post, you must registrate. Now the forum hasn't the function for english registration, but I'll post figures to explain how to registration.

For the registration, the first page is the rules of the forum, and you can choose from agree (left button)and disagree (right button).

if you choose agree, then you go to the next step.for this page, you need fill in confirmation number, your user name, password, e-mail address. And there is a line of words in red, you need copy it and paste it to the blank beside it. and then click the "summit button". and finish your registration
    Last edited by bella7003; 06-30-07 at 03:52 AM.