Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smile Again Review

I have to admit, though, that I like the music so far. I wouldn't mind getting the OST for this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Shoes
    I have to admit, though, that I like the music so far. I wouldn't mind getting the OST for this.
    Yes, I love the OST too . The serie is getting a little more interesting.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I am not a fan of Kim Hee Sun, although I don't dislike her either, but how I'd wish that LDG has been paired to some younger or new face korean actress. And they are far many to choose from.
    Sorry to break to you, but "Smile Again" is a Kim Hee Sun drama; everybody else exists to support Kim Hee Sun's character. Yi Dong Gun never had a hit series in his career and does not have enough clout in the industry to demand his own series...

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Sorry to break to you, but "Smile Again" is a Kim Hee Sun drama; everybody else exists to support Kim Hee Sun's character. Yi Dong Gun never had a hit series in his career and does not have enough clout in the industry to demand his own series...
    i have to disagree with that......LEE dong gun is not the top actors out there but has made a name for himself......ever since "lovers in paris".....LEE dong gun has grace us with his presence and hot handsome face.........

I finished the series........i must say...........it was so goood>>>>>>>>>>>>>> i was hesitant at first to see how Kim hee sun would fit to play with LEE dong gun but it was great.......though............Lee dong gun character is so manipulative ...sort of like his character in "lovers in paris".....but he's still loving and caring...........awesome awesome series.....too bad it has low ratings.........

I've just finished watching this series over the weekend. And, I must say that it's a good series. It has a happy ending. But, it could have been more satisfying if they still add one more episode for the viewers to know the reason behind the outcome of the succeeding scenes after LDG was mugged leaving him halfdead and was taken to the hospital. I felt that the finale was a bit rushed. I want to know if LDG eventually found out who killed her mother, and why that girl who made life miserable for LDG and KHS was with Oh Dan Hee's mom seemingly came from abroad? Did LDG give up being the protegee of Dan Hee's mom? What happened to the President of Nine Cosmetics? Why is it that during the softball final game the, there were no other spectators, except for their relatives and friends? This is supposed to be one of the highlights of the series.

Lee Dong Gun is a very good here. He's quite good looking except when he is smiling (or rather smirking). I hope LDG learns how to smile that warms the heart of female audiences, the way Jin Ji Hee and Go Su do. Hope to see him again in another series doing a boy next door type role.

I like Kim Hee Sun here better than her role in Sad Sonata. She looks charming and cute with her sports outfits.

In spite of the flaws, I still recommend for others to watch it!

I have finally finish this serie.

The ending was totally a mess. Other than that the leading characters did a great job. The plot was ordinary. There could have done a better job with the storyline but the acting was great . The OST also attracted me.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle
    I like Kim Hee Sun here better than her role in Sad Sonata. She looks charming and cute with her sports outfits.
    I like her better in here as well compared to Sad Sonata where her character is just not so likeable and weak

I thought the ending was OK and it's a happy ending, right?

KHS's character in here is the most likeable I've seen of her so far. She's quite charismatic in this one.

BTW, what's exactly KHS's break-out show? I heard she's the number one beauty in korea for years, but I don't understand why she's so popular, since I thought her beauty isn't really that outstanding, but she's photogenic and you don't feel sick looking at her.

what's exactly KHS's break-out show?
    Mr. Q and Tomato.

I heard she's the number one beauty in korea for years, but I don't understand why she's so popular, since I thought her beauty isn't really that outstanding
    Kim Hee Sun@21 was the most stunning-looking actress in Korean entertainment industry history, whose look has yet to be matched by another since. What you are looking at right now(approaching 30 officially, 31 unofficially)is a seriously degraded version of herself.

Wink

Mr. Q and Tomato.

Kim Hee Sun@21 was the most stunning-looking actress in Korean entertainment industry history, whose look has yet to be matched by another since. What you are looking at right now(approaching 30 officially, 31 unofficially)is a seriously degraded version of herself.
    I couldn't help smiling at your comment. Well, every star has their own prime time of good looks. I saw her in "The Propose" (didn't finish the series) and she really looks good there. However, you can't say that nowadays, because the new batch of Korean actresses (with or without surgery) are really stunning. Do I have to mention their names...no more for there are quite a lot of them. And, most of them are really good in acting....

because the new batch of Korean actresses (with or without surgery) are really stunning.
    None of current batch of actresses in 16~21 age bracket could match Kim@21.

And, most of them are really good in acting....
    Of course they are much much better actresses than Kim ever was. Yet none of them ever developed the star-power that Kim enjoyed even with her clumsy acting skills and zero hit movies, not even Wang Ji Hyun ever arose to Kim Hee Sun's level. Why? What did Kim Hee Sun have going for her in the first place anyway?

Default Worth watching?

The response here seems to be lukewarm on the show and more of how great Kim is. Am I right? I saw her in a series with Go Soo, oh oh oh... Any one has a picture of her at 21? Not my idea of a raving beauty in the series with Go Soo or sad Sonata. Lee Young Aye is 30+, she's beautiful (my idea of beauty). is this worth buying?
    Last edited by bella25; 11-01-06 at 05:58 AM. Reason: wrong word

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data3/bingo_65/imgbingo_12/knight865/39420/knight865_17.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data/bingo_0/imgbingo_45/nj77y/29687/nj77y_56.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://reviewstar.net/data/broad01/kbonkhss0622.jpg')
    Last edited by JonDoe; 11-01-06 at 08:38 PM.

Default OK

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder eh? She seems pretty enough. I'll KIV this show since I'll be watching Heaven's tree in the next few weeks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data3/bingo_65/imgbingo_12/knight865/39420/knight865_17.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data/bingo_0/imgbingo_45/nj77y/29687/nj77y_56.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://reviewstar.net/data/broad01/kbonkhss0622.jpg')
    Wow, I must agree with you that she was really a beauty during her younger days. I don't think she even needs a surgery with that kind of features. Did she ever have one? I mean surgery...This forum is about the series "Smile Again", but I can't help but notice the age gap between her and LDG.

hey can someone please help me find some pics for tis movie??..

Kim Hee Sun officially announced her marriage and retirement in October. Smile Again is indeed her last drama as she foretold at the start of this series.

Kim Hee Sun's choice of husband was surprisingly modest, he is a rather humble dude with a modest wealth(less than $10 million), since people expected her to wed a billionaire... Her reasoning might be that since he is so humble, he wouldn't dare to look around and cheat after marriage....

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    Kim Hee Sun officially announced her marriage and retirement in October. Smile Again is indeed her last drama as she foretold at the start of this series.

Kim Hee Sun's choice of husband was surprisingly modest, he is a rather humble dude with a modest wealth(less than $10 million), since people expected her to wed a billionaire... Her reasoning might be that since he is so humble, he wouldn't dare to look around and cheat after marriage....
    That's good news. I think the timing is right. Wish her luck and happiness on her forthcoming marriage.

I thought I would go back and watch some of Lee Dong Gun's dramas so I gave this one a try. I think it's the worse one I've seen so far of his. I was expecting more from this since he and Kim Hee Sun were in it. The storyline wasn't very interesting, quite boring. I ended up fast-forwarding a lot it and finishing it up in two days. I only bothered to continue with it for the sake of finishing it. Lee Dong Gun looked extremely skinny here. Did he lose weight for this role?
    Last edited by botan; 03-05-10 at 05:18 AM.

Exclamation Smile Again Episode 11 Song

Hi

Would like to find out on a song in this old drama (Smile Again,2006) which is not in the OST tracks.

In episode 11 at around 31:47min, Lee Jin Wook sang a song in the karaoke, does anyone have any idea of the song name and artist?

Appreciate alot and Thanks in advance for any clues.

Its seem like a really nice song, really interested in it.