Thread: Yue Fei's war tactics

Default Yue Fei's war tactics

At the end of HSDS ZMJ had Yue Fei's war tactics manual, but he left the ming sect. I assume he also left the manual behind?

Did the manual ended up in the hands of Zhu Yuanzhang? If so do you think this was the reason why he was able to drive the mongolians out of china?

Also why wasn't GJ with the help of HR and Yue Fei's manual able to do what Zhu Yuanzhang did?

Guo was mostly defending and had very little on resources, as opposed to Zhu who had an actual army under him.

That's my thinking anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    Guo was mostly defending and had very little on resources, as opposed to Zhu who had an actual army under him.

That's my thinking anyway
    I agree. Guo Jing couldn't have afforded something like that. He's got a lack of resources, and most importantly, lack of manpower. It's just not very possible.

And one great difference is that the Mongols at Guo Jing's time were at their peak of military prowess whereas by Zhu Yuanzhang's time, the Mongolians' military power had faded, and not as good as before. :\

That's the power of peace for you.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I agree. Guo Jing couldn't have afforded something like that. He's got a lack of resources, and most importantly, lack of manpower. It's just not very possible.
    How about those entire Beggar's Union? They are powerful. They know how to fight. And there are a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    How about those entire Beggar's Union? They are powerful. They know how to fight. And there are a lot.
    You still need to feed and equip them for them to be effective. Gwok Jing was getting no official support from the Sung government at all (which was playing "ostritch" and hoping that if they ignored the Mongols long enough, maybe they'd go away). Gwok Jing and company were doing what they could with a limited, self-sufficient guerilla force, but they were forever on the defensive. They weren't outnumbered (Mongolians *never* outnumber Chinese; heck, *nobody* ever outnumbers Chinese), but they were pretty much on the losing end of every other resource. The most significant dealbreaker was morale: the Mongols felt that it was their destiny to conquer China; Gwok Jing's people only knew that they would hold out as long as they could (which was not forever).

One hundred years later, the situation was different. The Mongols had grown soft and corrupt after a century's occupation of China. The relentless drive that had characterized the Mongol military during the eras of Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan was gone, and the Mongols had become as decadent as the Sung had been before them. Meanwhile, the Chinese people, fed up with a hundred years of foreign domination and the miseries that came with it, found the willpower to stand against the weakened Mongol regime.

Sometimes, humanity's best laid plans take a backseat to circumstances beyond their control.