Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ROCH Characters in all ROCH Versions

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    again, solely on biased opinions

SOme people watched the older ones and ROCH 06 and still believed it is crappy .
    We may never know how ROCH 06 would have been if it hadn't been edited to death. Also, the CGI folks in mainland China should be sent to the US or somewhere to learn how to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    again, solely on biased opinions

SOme people watched the older ones and ROCH 06 and still believed it is crappy .
    9/10 newcomers will like '06 than the previous version...true or not?

I dont find anything good about '95 or '98

'83 was good because I enjoyed Andy's YG. Love his acting skills.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 05-26-06 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Keyword,new comers. What about hardcore JY or older members?
    Maybe i am getting old or something. Just because ROCH 06 has better graphics,it didn't necesarrily attracted me. Just like new RPGs , graphics are good and all. but gameplay had gone down I guess i am just old school.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Newcomers would like ROCHo6 due to the fancy over the top CGI, not caring how crap the storyline had been mutilated. I agree why don't they send the CGI editing to the U.S ... ROFL@ the brother condor was hilarious...
    fancy pansy stuff don't interest eveyone, substance does

Just some thoughts....regarding the comparions bet the 3 YGs to say who's the best, I have seen a little of Louis and Andy's and can't say they make any impact on me. I prob should try and watch them properly this time, the past adaptations to get a better picture. i.e like when some commented that 83 was the best, to understand why was it so. I wonder if its because I watch Yi Tian 86 before ROCH83, that's why I did not like it. The only thing about 83's adaptation though is that I like the theme song, it make the strongest impact on me as far as this serial went. Its much better than ROCH06's theme. I had high hopes for HXM's YG because I felt he had the look and charisma that YG needed unfortunately, the final product let me down. But I have been looking at the 3 YGs again and I got to say that HXM has the most hen look. When he gives you a stern look, he looks the most charismatic and strikes the most fear in you. will post more comments on the other YGs when I see the earlier adaptations. But, definitely, all 3 are good-looking guys.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123

I dont find anything good about '95 or '98

'83 was good because I enjoyed Andy's YG. Love his acting skills.
    That's true. They will like ROCH 06 because of the flashy effects, eye candy.

If you want something less superficial, you definitely have to start going back to the 83 or 95 versions, where beauty was not everything

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Just some thoughts....regarding the comparions bet the 3 YGs to say who's the best, I have seen a little of Louis and Andy's and can't say they make any impact on me. I prob should try and watch them properly this time, the past adaptations to get a better picture. i.e like when some commented that 83 was the best, to understand why was it so. I wonder if its because I watch Yi Tian 86 before ROCH83, that's why I did not like it. The only thing about 83's adaptation though is that I like the theme song, it make the strongest impact on me as far as this serial went. Its much better than ROCH06's theme. I had high hopes for HXM's YG because I felt he had the look and charisma that YG needed unfortunately, the final product let me down. But I have been looking at the 3 YGs again and I got to say that HXM has the most hen look. When he gives you a stern look, he looks the most charismatic and strikes the most fear in you. will post more comments on the other YGs when I see the earlier adaptations. But, definitely, all 3 are good-looking guys.
    have to agree with miss strawberry here... i like 83's soundtracks...damn soundtracks still stuck in my head.

Like I'd said in one of my earlier post here that ZJZ has mistaken fluff for substance and storyline which were utterly lacking due to the bad editing. ROCH83 has a very similar problem with bad bad editing of the vcd version. Whole chunks were ripped from the chapters that were broadcasted and were only reinstated in the latter DVD edition.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    That's true. They will like ROCH 06 because of the flashy effects, eye candy.

If you want something less superficial, you definitely have to start going back to the 83 or 95 versions, where beauty was not everything

I'm very disappointed with the bad editing of '83's vcd set. Too much was also cut out. Think I'll watch the Carmen version after I finish with the '83.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    I'm very disappointed with the bad editing of '83's vcd set. Too much was also cut out. Think I'll watch the Carmen version after I finish with the '83.
    the 95 version has IMO good chemistry between the main characters, however the low budget and lack of fighting skills make it an overall less enjoyable series.

It does, however, have Maggie Chueng as Cheng Ying, and she did the most fantastic job ever

i like all the versions of ROTCH..even richie ren and jaqs version. imean everyone had there good points bad points... its just feels better to watch different ones w/different characters and graphics.. like richies was way different from all others but it was okay to watch... andy,louis,chris,hxm, version stayed about the same just each one had better graphics then the other and some actors portrayed the character better than the other but still each actor left a mark as yg of that year pretty fairly..i'm open minded just watch everything and don't think negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    i like all the versions of ROTCH..even richie ren and jaqs version. imean everyone had there good points bad points... its just feels better to watch different ones w/different characters and graphics.. like richies was way different from all others but it was okay to watch... andy,louis,chris,hxm, version stayed about the same just each one had better graphics then the other and some actors portrayed the character better than the other but still each actor left a mark as yg of that year pretty fairly..i'm open minded just watch everything and don't think negatively.
    YG wise, i felt Andy and Louis both were ok. HXM started off terribly but did get better. Richie Ren's version was painful for me to watch, although Fann's XLN was really painful too.

Yes. I don't recall Andy screaming his head off at any point in his series, except when his arm was cut off by GF.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    YG wise, i felt Andy and Louis both were ok. HXM started off terribly but did get better. Richie Ren's version was painful for me to watch, although Fann's XLN was really painful too.

I think Andy was just a good YG overall. but Louis had better chemistry with his Long Er.

HXM didn't act kiddy enough but certain emotional scenes was nicely done.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

hmm, we're talking about "best characters" in the story right? I'd have to go with Xiao Long Nu and Lau Wan Tong as my overall favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123 View Post
    If ROCH '06 was your first ROCH series, then the previous adaptations will look crappy for you. Bad move if you want to watch the previous series. You should watch the previous series first then this series afterward. I've tried it and all I did was laugh. It's just isn't the same anymore.
    ROCH 06 certainly did look prettier, what with ALL the female characters wearing bows of some sort. Must have been the trend back in those days, according to this version. Too bad they couldn't make good use of all the prettiness. Everything else was crap. There were too many matrix-like close-up shots of YG/XLN that it got really annoying. HXM also did a horrible job. As much as I like Yang Mi, the scene when GX finally saw YG's real face was ridiculous. This is wuxia, not anime.

XLN - Carman Lee ROCH 95
    YG - Andy Lau ROCH 83 (young)/Louis Koo ROCH 95 (older)
    HR - ROCH 83
    GJ - ROCH 83
    LMC - ROCH 06
    GF - ROCH 95/ROCH 06
    GX - ROCH 95/ROCH06
    Gong Sun Lu Er - ROCH 83
    Old Man Gong Sun - ROCH 95
    GLGS (Flying Wheels) - ROCH 06
    Wu Bros - ROCH 83
    LWS - ROCH 95
    CY - ROCH 95

One and only.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.asiantown.net/members/92054/guo_xiang.jpg')

I absolutely adore Idy and Andy as XLN and YG. The cream of the crop.

it seemed most ppl like cy in the 95 version. so do i! maggie cheung was the best. she was cute, pretty gentle and looked smart too. so perfect. she almost outshined carman from my point of view. only if her role got as much screentime as carman.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    ROCH 06 certainly did look prettier, what with ALL the female characters wearing bows of some sort. Must have been the trend back in those days, according to this version. Too bad they couldn't make good use of all the prettiness. Everything else was crap. There were too many matrix-like close-up shots of YG/XLN that it got really annoying. HXM also did a horrible job. As much as I like Yang Mi, the scene when GX finally saw YG's real face was ridiculous. This is wuxia, not anime.

XLN - Carman Lee ROCH 95
    YG - Andy Lau ROCH 83 (young)/Louis Koo ROCH 95 (older)
    HR - ROCH 83
    GJ - ROCH 83
    LMC - ROCH 06
    GF - ROCH 95/ROCH 06
    GX - ROCH 95/ROCH06
    Gong Sun Lu Er - ROCH 83
    Old Man Gong Sun - ROCH 95
    GLGS (Flying Wheels) - ROCH 06
    Wu Bros - ROCH 83
    LWS - ROCH 95
    CY - ROCH 95
    in my opinion carman was too stiff and cold. i know in the story XLN is supposed to be like that but on screen you need to show emotions on the face so that it is more pleasant to the audience.

I still think crystal liu did a better job overall.