Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: What did you just watch?

saw hunger games and white vengeance

both are ok
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

korean movie voice of the murderer. the last word sounds a bit confusing because it is not shown/deduced that the victim was murdered. he was kidnapped. so it seems that voice of the kidnapper is more appropriate.

Watch 'Dark Shadows' yesterday in cinema. Very very strange movie, but, entertaining nonetheless. If I didn't know beforehand that Johnny Depp is in this movie, I wouldn't have recognised him in the beginning. He looks so different here.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Empress and Her Warriors - Donnie Yen, Kelly Chan and Leon Lai. Interesting show.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Watch 'Dark Shadows' yesterday in cinema. Very very strange movie, but, entertaining nonetheless. If I didn't know beforehand that Johnny Depp is in this movie, I wouldn't have recognised him in the beginning. He looks so different here.
    That's why i find JD so charming. He can fit into the most queer character/role. Unsurprisingly weird.

The Avengers. Lots of humour and the characters have a fair share of action. I like the Hulk in this movie.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I recently watched the movie, Love at Four Size, A Thai Movie.It shows the Four different song that have four different stories to tell about the love. Love has nothing to do with age, needs patience, needs to be clear, but might make you lose a friend.

White Vengeance. When Zhang Liang said "you made the greatest mistake", is he referring to Xiang Yu (who is willing to let Liu Bang go) or Liu Bang (who is being flexible to kill a friend to protect himself)?

happy.gif

A few days ago I watched the second X Files movie, after re-watching the entire TV season and first movie on DVD over the last year.

I thought it was darker in mood and even as far as lighting goes, which is saying something because the series was notorious for the flashlight scenes.

I liked it, and I thought it had a noticeably different feel than the series or even the first movie.

Watched Red Cliff and Red Cliff 2.

Punished. The motive for the kidnapping is not very clear. Is it only for $$?

Warring States. Bring out a lot about human nature.

'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. Great movie. I thought the movie I watch the night before 'The Private of Lives of Pippa Lee' was pretty good, but, this was even better. Very unusual movie and I like Jim Carrey playing serious character better.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-10-12 at 05:20 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Life without principles. HK movie. There could be a part 2 easily - Life with principles perhaps.

Watched The Dark Knight Rises and it was a great movie,especially a nice twist at the end of the movie. Although, I don't think it was worth dying for after the incident at the Colorado movie theatre shooting.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. Great movie. I thought the movie I watch the night before 'The Private of Lives of Pippa Lee' was pretty good, but, this was even better. Very unusual movie and I like Jim Carrey playing serious character better.
    Oh I have Eternal on DVD, its a lovely film, its one of its kind.

I recently just watched The Four with Diao Chen and Liu Yi Fei. It was a meh film, feels like they were setting up the characters rather then creating a proper story. There is obviously a second part to this.

It would have helped if they actually showed something akin to decent storytelling instead of assuming we know who's who and we would understand pointed looks.

They shouldn't assume we understand the story when they obviously changed it to fit Liu Yi Fei in. She's suppose to be a dude. It's like having to re-adjust and think Ron Ng and Raymond Lam have the hots for each other.

It does have it's good moments so I will be checking out part 2 just to hope they lived up to whatever it is they were trying to promise.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Abraham Lincoln The Vampire Hunter

Despite cheesy title, it was better than expected. Stunt choreography was exceptional - I can appreciate the finesse for swinging around an axe. Even though it can't be helped, I still found the Chinese martial arts element in the fighting scenes kind of jarring. It's as if no other kind of fighting style is as dramatic as Asian martial arts. For all it's Hollywood style bashing, I found Troy to be unique in actually trying to stay true to the ethnicity of its fighting style (Greek swordsmanship! They did their homework). Lighting was superb, as expected by veteran cinematographer Caleb Deschanel (Emily and Zoe Deschanel's daddy!). Wasn't emotionally or intellectually engaging by far, but very entertaining on the action front.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 08-12-12 at 08:27 AM.

The Dictator. Very funny and quite intriguing. What happened to the nuclear bomb scientist in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    The Dictator. Very funny and quite intriguing. What happened to the nuclear bomb scientist in the end?
    he went back to the business, assembling nuclear weapon.

As for me, I've just finished watching Noriko trilogy by grand master Ozu. One of the very best of Japanese cinema.
    Give it try.

Currently I am exploring old titles from Japan. Discovered great gems.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

The Expendables ~ Action movie.

Letters to Juliet & Prime ~ Relax romance movie.