Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you just watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    well,i just watched the banquet feat zhang ziyi and daniel wu.the beginning was so DARN SLOW.....that i tot i'd fell asleep.it's not very nice but it does have a very big budget.i'd most probably give it a 1/5 rating........totally ....kinda expected it as zhang ziyi's in it but me mum wanted to watch so heck.....SPOILER AHEAD

.i have no freaking idea why every main and supporting cast died.how pathetic is that?
    Silly emotional dramatics that is so worn out after being used in so many movies, time and time again...
    stupid directors need to stop with their 'lets kill everyone at the end, and leave in a state of confusion' mentality....
    Its as if they all learn from one tutor in one damn academy or institution.

Battle Royale 2 - It wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but I was more impressed with Tatsuya Fujiwara's acting. His eyes are able to convey emotion in a very powerful way.

Red Eye - Predictable film, but nicely paced with plenty of action and some funny moments
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Battle Royale 2 - It wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but I was more impressed with Tatsuya Fujiwara's acting. His eyes are able to convey emotion in a very powerful way.

Red Eye - Predictable film, but nicely paced with plenty of action and some funny moments
    is battle royal 1 the one where they sent a bunch of students to an island and have them kill each other?

i just watched borat yesterday and it was probably the funniest movie i've seen in yrs! no exaggerating. its really dat good. for those of u that r into dat kinda humor its a must see. if u do watch it, i wont ruin it 4u, but watch for a scene when they had cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    is battle royal 1 the one where they sent a bunch of students to an island and have them kill each other?
    That's the one.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Silly emotional dramatics that is so worn out after being used in so many movies, time and time again...
    stupid directors need to stop with their 'lets kill everyone at the end, and leave in a state of confusion' mentality....
    Its as if they all learn from one tutor in one damn academy or institution.
    >really?hmmmm............that's interesting......what are the other movies that u've watched that has this similar and repetitive plot where everyone dies and the ending is a cliffhanger.hope zhang ziyi's not in it

Haute tension - French

Also Known As:
    Switchblade Romance (International: English title) (UK) (DVD box title)
    High Tension (USA)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

as the title suggest theres really quite a lot of tensions in the movie but the twist kinda spoilt it but its still a good horror flick though.
    石破天道:“是啊,这招是阿绣教我的,她说人家打不过你,你要处处手下留情,得饶人处且饶人,这一招叫‘旁 敲侧击’,既让了对方,又不致为对方所伤。”他毫无机心,滔滔说来。天虚脸上登时红一阵,白一阵,羞愧得无 地自容。

I finally watched WALK THE LINE.

I think it's amaziiing. The movie and direction is awesome, and Joaquin Phoenix + Reese Witherspoon are very good as well. And the music is a plus.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger The Movie: Full-Blast Action

Xiao Hai Bu Ben (I Not Stupid) - I didn't understand the Hokkien parts of the movie, but luckily I don't think they were vital to the story. It's quite funny while hitting some very realistic issues with a few touching parts as well. I hope to watch I Not Stupid Too soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Xiao Hai Bu Ben (I Not Stupid) - I didn't understand the Hokkien parts of the movie, but luckily I don't think they were vital to the story. It's quite funny while hitting some very realistic issues with a few touching parts as well. I hope to watch I Not Stupid Too soon.

This is interesting. What made you decide to watch this? I am just curious since its a Singaporean production and most of us would have felt that the hokkein parts were pretty vital to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    This is interesting. What made you decide to watch this? I am just curious since its a Singaporean production and most of us would have felt that the hokkein parts were pretty vital to the movie.
    Have you seen the movie?

I'd heard it was a good film and finally decided to watch it. The Hokkien parts seemed to be mostly small talk between some of the characters and I didn't feel like I missed a huge part of the plot by not understanding what they were saying.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Have you seen the movie?

I'd heard it was a good film and finally decided to watch it. The Hokkien parts seemed to be mostly small talk between some of the characters and I didn't feel like I missed a huge part of the plot by not understanding what they were saying.
    I have not actually seen it but know enough about it since its a local production. Also saw splattering of the shots in the local vcd stores.

In your opinion, does that show conjured up a certain image of Singaporeans?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I have not actually seen it but know enough about it since its a local production. Also saw splattering of the shots in the local vcd stores.

In your opinion, does that show conjured up a certain image of Singaporeans?
    You should definitely give it a try and see what I mean, then. Help support local films in your country.

Yes, it does conjure up a certain image, but I think what's really significant is the far-ranging concept of the movie.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Swing girls - a jp show about a highschool girls jazzband, quite delightful
    路漫漫,长伴......

C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

Some moofie on SBS channel... about this Japanese virgin hitman thats obsessed about cleanness.... He goes to Thailand and kills these two people. The funny was when the two guys went to his apartment they were like' holy f**k is this an library or apartment'. He hid their bodies underneath the coffee table, and moved in with some thai girl thats addicted to marijuana.
    At the end he goes back to his apartment which smelt like shit because of the rotten bodies, when he luckily got diarrhea because at that moment two gangs went into his huge apartment and had a faceoff, which then the assassin was able to escape and hand himself into the police.
    It was overall a good budget movie IMHO.

Oh yea I saw Bourne Identity too.

Hehe that was one enjoyable film , I liked it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    >really?hmmmm............that's interesting......what are the other movies that u've watched that has this similar and repetitive plot where everyone dies and the ending is a cliffhanger.hope zhang ziyi's not in it
    LOL not just in movies but in numerous serials like Chu Liu Xiang 2001...
    But in terms of horrendous movies, you can't go pass this movie called Hu Tou or english 'Tiger Head'
    Was the most shittest movie I have ever seen... the whole story was ridiculous and its genre was supposed to be 'wuxia'. Believe there was absolutely no wuxia until the last 20 seconds of the film where some stupid girl that paid to kill her brother for killing her dad tries to save him and uses her pathetic lightness kungfu to jump into the place of execution, and dies anyway along with her brother.
    Was absolutely bullcrap the whole film... 2 hours of random crap.
    Hope no one in hell watches such a absurd film.

John Tucker Must Die.

Jesse Metcalfe <3
    Too bad John(Jesse) and Kate(Snow) didn't end up together. But the guy Kate ended up with is quite a Heath Ledger lookalike, so it's all good

visitor Q,weirdest movie I ever seen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290329/

its not really shocking or disturbing to me but just really weird and amusing at some parts(dark humor). Theres also a couple of surprises too esp the milk squirting part.

Ichi The Killer

another unusual movie with some gore scenes and ichi is prob the weirdest character I ever known,nice show overall but ending is quite confusing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296042/
    Last edited by shen long; 12-01-06 at 10:26 AM.
    石破天道:“是啊,这招是阿绣教我的,她说人家打不过你,你要处处手下留情,得饶人处且饶人,这一招叫‘旁 敲侧击’,既让了对方,又不致为对方所伤。”他毫无机心,滔滔说来。天虚脸上登时红一阵,白一阵,羞愧得无 地自容。

What did I just watch?

I watch crap, otherwise known as Bond.