Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you just watch?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    What did I just watch?

I watch crap, otherwise known as Bond.
    heh, never really like any bond movies, not gonna waste my time watching this one either.
    hows the new james bond tho? is he better then pierre broson at least?

Pride & Prejudice: very spirited production...i was never a fan of Keira Knightley, ever since "bend it like beckham" and even "Pirates" but i'm a believer now. she was great here.
    路漫漫,长伴......

C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

The last move I watched was Apocalypto at an advanced screening. It was actually pretty good. Kind of gory, but I'm not too bothered by that kind of thing. The audience was hilarious too which really added to the experience.

Heavenly Mission starring Ekin Cheng etc...
    The story was pretty good IMHO, Hu Jing and the blind character was hawt and Queeee.

Also watched Battle of Wits starring Andy Lau and Fan Bing Bing... was thoroughly enjoyable and FBB was hell Queee.

Began watching Jade Warrior, but the damn pirated DVD is in some European polish turkey kebab language .

Fatal Contact -- Wu jing was pretty spectacular in the fight scenes, did ok acting wise. Ronald Cheng was himself.... i.e comedy genius... the 2 "cookies" girls were bland....film was quite average...didn't really blow me away
    路漫漫,长伴......

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

its been a few months since i last went to the cinema...i think the last time was Snakes on A Plane...watched twice actually, the first time was alone coz nobody seems to be interested with the movie (the title does sound kinda lame) but then i started promoting the movie to everyone and managed to get 3 of my friends to go...man, to hear them scream for the slightest surprise was so much fun...btw the 3 friends were girls....LOL....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Mansfield Park --- re watched it. still as good as the first time i saw it in the theater years ago, maybe even better. hmmm, why do i like so many of jane austen's films...Mansfield Park, P and P, S and S...

Trying to get my hands on the bbc production of P and P, i heard it is the best version.
    Last edited by c13:4567; 12-18-06 at 06:42 AM.
    路漫漫,长伴......

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    Pride & Prejudice: very spirited production...i was never a fan of Keira Knightley, ever since "bend it like beckham" and even "Pirates" but i'm a believer now. she was great here.
    she did a decent job and i'm glad she didn't try to imitate some of the past Lizzie's who have been quite fantastic. She doesn't look the part to me at all, but she passed off quite well

Anyway, i just watched the Prestige. Thought it was quite a let down considering all the great review it got. I mean, it was pretty interesting and exciting for the majority, but it made me feel nothing, and i came out thinking "that film would be so crap watching a second time." It's one of those films where you take away the suspense, twists and maybe fear, and you're left with basically nothing.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Anyway, i just watched the Prestige. Thought it was quite a let down considering all the great review it got. I mean, it was pretty interesting and exciting for the majority, but it made me feel nothing, and i came out thinking "that film would be so crap watching a second time." It's one of those films where you take away the suspense, twists and maybe fear, and you're left with basically nothing.
    yep - tat's wat i felt when i watch Prestige as well.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Rob-B-Hood (HK 2006)

Good moofie, thoroughly enjoyable like most Jackie Chan moofies!
    Yuan Gao Gao looked nice, Louis Koo was sliq.
    Guest Stars were slick. The bank truck was funneh
    Last edited by strife_au; 12-20-06 at 12:39 PM.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Ace Ventura Pet Detective....it's really enjoyable to rewatch it again
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

4 weddings and a funeral --- how's duck face? hah and i can't get enough of the stuttering fool
    路漫漫,长伴......

茉莉花开 Jasmine Flower starring Zhang Zi Yi.

First 2 stories, 茉 and 莉 were good and i enjoyed them, but the third one destroyed it- absolutely horrifying, extremely unrealistic.

Midnight Sun - Starring YUI, very touching and warm. One minus point would be it's like watching a Tv drama instead of a movie... Maybe it's because I've already watched the drama version, Taiyo no Uta before the movie.

Night At The Museum - Cracks me out alot, Ben Stiller is such a funny man!

The Holiday - Watching a holiday movie during holiday day, the atmosphere is great!

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    Midnight Sun - Starring YUI, very touching and warm. One minus point would be it's like watching a Tv drama instead of a movie... Maybe it's because I've already watched the drama version, Taiyo no Uta before the movie
    Oh, so it's not actually a sad film like I'd originally assumed from watching the MV/trailer? I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I recently watched Derailed. It was good. Nice twist, although not that hard to figure out.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The last movie I saw was Night at the Museum...it was pretty good! I thought it was hilarious!
    ~redfirefly124
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Fatal Contact - 1/5 stars

Though if you happen to be looking for a movie with a crappy story line and awesome fight scenes... I'll give this movie an amazing 5/5.

SPL a.k.a. Kill Zone. Pretty good movie with nice fights and a totally unexpected ending. Wonder how they'll make an actual sequel to this.

My Little Bride (2004) with Moon Geun young and Kim Raewon... I will give it 7,5/10... It was a strange thing to pair off those two actors... she is so tiny but he is so huge... they look like more siblings than lovers...

Marie Antoinette - so much style, so little substance, so boring. I watched a documentary on her that had the same amount of material but only 1/3 the running time.
    路漫漫,长伴......