Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you just watch?

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    I thought, rather than start a thread for every single new movie or ...TV show, it'll be a good idea to have one handy thread.
    Just for things you've just watched on TV or at the movies, that doesn't necessarily need a seperate thread.....

So, I just watched "THE GRADUATE" on DVD.

All the performances were brilliant, the characters believable.
    All up, a very enjoyable movie, so good infact, that it left even me emotionally involved!(nah not really $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b167/volczZz/smiley_md_clr.gif'))
    i'm not sure...i guess i just got done watching "Legend of Condor Hero"
    staring LIU YI FEI as Dragon girl..and i'm still waiting for more new Movies to come out over here..but i'm expecting to find The New Bi Xue Jian...or something like that..i forgot...
    GAO HU ROCKS
    ALSO FAN OF THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES AND NARUTO!
    P.S. I got my icon at this site
    http://www.digik.net/avatars/series/13/38
    and it's by Izzy!

The Lives of Others - a great film featuring a German version of Kevin Spacey! I especially liked the ending.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    The Lives of Others - a great film featuring a German version of Kevin Spacey! I especially liked the ending.
    Ditto. Just watched it last night. Brilliant film. Much as I liked Pan's Labyrinth, this film deserves the Oscar more.

I just watched "Rush Hour."

And soon, I`ll watch the 79th Annual Academy Awards!!! YAY.

APOCALYPTO
    The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://66.7.192.165/banners/full_banner2.jpg'), '')

Casshern. Kinda depressing movie but the message delivered is a strong one and the soundtrack rocks.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I just finish watching a very weird movie: Stranger than fiction and also just finish kdrama tearjerker of the year - The Snow Queen. The Snow Queen is KDrama that is A homage to Hans Anderson book and a tribute to Kim Deuk-Gu, the South Korean boxer whose unexpected death following a match versus Ray Mancini changed the sport of boxing in many ways.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    I just finish watching a very weird movie: Stranger than fiction and also just finish kdrama tearjerker of the year - The Snow Queen. The Snow Queen is KDrama that is A homage to Hans Anderson book and a tribute to Kim Deuk-Gu, the South Korean boxer whose unexpected death following a match versus Ray Mancini changed the sport of boxing in many ways.
    Wow this is clearly Stranger Than Fiction, I change my signature today, and when I search a movie title stranger than fiction, it direct me to my own post above that I wrote a couple of days ago. The strange think is that both characters in my sig is incidentally is the heroine of The Snow Queen and Stranger Than Fiction respectively....

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Curse of Golden Flower (Watched it twice in the cinema and twice on dvd, looking forward to watch it again)

To be hunted: Ghost Rider, 300(sadly am too busy with FYP to hunt'em down in the cinema.wonder if i can make it before the show ends)
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-04-07 at 09:15 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    Curse of Golden Flower (Watched it twice in the cinema and twice on dvd, looking forward to watch it again)

To be hunted: Ghost Rider, 300(sadly am too busy with FYP to hunt'em down in the cinema.wonder if i can make it before the show ends)

wait, How is "Curse of Golden Flower"??? I was wondering about that movie, for some reasons lots of people didn't like that movie.
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire
    wait, How is "Curse of Golden Flower"??? I was wondering about that movie, for some reasons lots of people didn't like that movie.
    many might disagree with me (for reasons i could not comprehend), but i think that the movie is really good in terms of the cinematography and action sequences.....it's in fact one of the best battle scenes that i ever watched...and the palace..OMG, the palace is so full of grandeur and luxury that you feel like youre really walking those hallways, if youre watching it in the cinema, of course but really, i thnk im gonna watch it over and over again after my Final Year Project completes....

as for the story, it is really simple and classic....*WARNING:SPOILERS*
    father is poisoning mother, the woman he married only to have power, in a form of medication that she is to take every two hours,
    mother has an affair with stepson who is also the Taizi,
    mother's real son (2nd son) helps mother to overthrow father after mother tells him about the father's plot of slowly poisoning her,
    coup failed cuz Taizi told father,
    father, who actually wanted to give taizi title to 2nd son after the Chrysanthemum festival, offers to spare 2nd son's life is he would serve the medication personally to the mother,
    2nd son committed suicide cuz he doesnt want to be part of poisoning his mother...

maybe ppl think this movie is pointless in terms of storyline cuz at the end it doesnt give any positive feeling.....at the end everyone dies (all 10000 soldiers that raided the palace died in the battle except for 2nd son who led the attack) and the mother (Empress) would continue being oppressed if she didnt commit suicide after her son's death...
    The emperor lost all his family to this coup. so basically, he's left alone with the power and luxury that he coveted all along....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-05-07 at 01:50 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    many might disagree with me (for reasons i could not comprehend), but i think that the movie is really good in terms of the cinematography and action sequences.....it's in fact one of the best battle scenes that i ever watched...and the palace..OMG, the palace is so full of grandeur and luxury that you feel like youre really walking those hallways, if youre watching it in the cinema, of course but really, i thnk im gonna watch it over and over again after my Final Year Project completes....

as for the story, it is really simple and classic....*WARNING:SPOILERS*
    father is poisoning mother, the woman he married only to have power, in a form of medication that she is to take every two hours,
    mother has an affair with stepson who is also the Taizi,
    mother's real son (2nd son) helps mother to overthrow father after mother tells him about the father's plot of slowly poisoning her,
    coup failed cuz Taizi told father,
    father, who actually wanted to give taizi title to 2nd son after the Chrysanthemum festival, offers to spare 2nd son's life is he would serve the medication personally to the mother,
    2nd son committed suicide cuz he doesnt want to be part of poisoning his mother...

maybe ppl think this movie is pointless in terms of storyline cuz at the end it doesnt give any positive feeling.....at the end everyone dies (all 10000 soldiers that raided the palace died in the battle except for 2nd son who led the attack) and the mother (Empress) would continue being oppressed if she didnt commit suicide after her son's death...
    The emperor lost all his family to this coup. so basically, he's left alone with the power and luxury that he coveted all along....
    That sounds interesting, Thanks. I better go check this movie out.
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire
    I better go check this movie out.

why don't you, Wild-Fire, and tell me what you think of it....you might wanna post your comment in Curse of Golden Flower Thread tho....we can have a good talk over there

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...t=17843&page=1
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-05-07 at 07:42 AM.

Just watched "The Departed". I know its not exactly a new movie but hey I liked it except for the ending which is totally out of the blue.

I just rewatched the american pie trilogy on the weekend.
    "I've glued myself... to myself" ahaha

Norbit it was funny. Eddie Murphy looked different in those 3 characters. It was sooooo funny.
    And i recently watched Epic Movie. That was funny... Lucy is such an idiot
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

My name is fame starring lau chin wan/faye ng
    and
    Mr. 3 minute man starring ronald cheng/cherrie ying/theresa fu

i should write a review
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Notes on a Scandal- it was a very good film. The acting was top notch, though what else do you expect from Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett?

I recommend this if you like a bit of drama and "scandal"

Just watched Monster House and Sky High. The latter was better.

Then I watched Top Gun. didn't really like it.
    Currently watching: Prison Break

Volver. Enjoyed it, Penélope Cruz did a good job.
    玉木宏

blog