Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gem of Life 《珠光寶氣》

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Gosh! I want to bash Constance in ep 5! She cries non-stop and makes a big fuss in the public!

I agree with Jessica, Constance doesn't think through her brain and does the inappropriate things at the wrong time, it is the main reason why Frankie wants a divorce. i hope she really change. She needs to change in order to have a healthy relationship.

Meanwhile, Rebecca looks smashing! She really looks like a rich female tycoon! Go Rebecca!

What do you guys thinkof the themevideo?It is giving me migraines looking at it. The pics whizzes past so quickly and the coloursare hard on the eyes.
    I agree about the themevideo thing. It's refreshing to see the change of effects, but not even its going to ruin your eyes. I just listen to the song and not watch the pictures.

Anyway, yup, Jessica is definiately the smarter one who calculates the expectations of what will happen before she does it, while Gigi just looks on the service.

I have yet to see Rebecca as a tycoon!

I think the theme video style has a bit of a retro look to it, possibly as an homage to the long epic drama series in the late 70s and early 80s. If you've ever seen the theme videos back then (e.g. Conflict, A House is Not A Home, The Giants), a lot of them are done with static images (pictures) on the screen rather than video clips of various scenes. Of course, we do get some background clips behind the cutout style images in the Gem Of Life theme video, but I think the focus is actually on the static images itself. I think it's really neat, but I do think it is a small flaw that the images go by so quickly (perhaps to keep pace with the song itself)... it makes them so hard to watch and can make someone dizzy for sure.

Also, I wonder if we'll get an entirely different theme video and title song at some point near the halfway point of the series. 80 episodes is too long to have the same theme video and song at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzarius View Post
    I think the theme video style has a bit of a retro look to it, possibly as an homage to the long epic drama series in the late 70s and early 80s. If you've ever seen the theme videos back then (e.g. Conflict, A House is Not A Home, The Giants), a lot of them are done with static images (pictures) on the screen rather than video clips of various scenes. Of course, we do get some background clips behind the cutout style images in the Gem Of Life theme video, but I think the focus is actually on the static images itself. I think it's really neat, but I do think it is a small flaw that the images go by so quickly (perhaps to keep pace with the song itself)... it makes them so hard to watch and can make someone dizzy for sure.

Also, I wonder if we'll get an entirely different theme video and title song at some point near the halfway point of the series. 80 episodes is too long to have the same theme video and song at the beginning.
    I hope they do tone down in the themevideo as the storyline gets more serious and tragic. I just find it strange to have two very fast-paced songs for the same series. And Linda sounds bad in the sub-theme. I don't think she can keep up with the tune. But on the good side, I am getting more used to to the main themesong now, and Shirley Kwan's voice and range is very suited to this style.

Very happy to see that Eddie and Lau Dan have plenty of scenes together. They have great chemistry from back int he 80's. I have to say, has Ngok Wah lost a lot of weight? He looks much younger than in "Brink of Law". Very tycoon looking now! Looking forward to the Ngok Wah-Ada match! Though I feel he will be killed since TVB likes to kill off fathers of the male leads.

BTW, Gigi looks very pretty in the white dress! Very angelic!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

finished eps 5, wow this series has potential to beat last one standing and catch me now for me

this series is definitely better than moonlight because it actually consist of multiple plots unlike moonlight's plotless series.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    finished eps 5, wow this series has potential to beat last one standing and catch me now for me

this series is definitely better than moonlight because it actually consist of multiple plots unlike moonlight's plotless series.
    I thought you loved Moonlight Resonance and named it one of the best of the year!
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAZNWarrior View Post
    I thought you loved Moonlight Resonance and named it one of the best of the year!
    it was 3rd, with last one standing 2nd, and catch me now 1st, now its mostliekly 4th. moonlight is good base solely on acting, the plot was really weak
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I think The Gem of Life is a really realistic series, while Moonlight Resonance is mroe of a fairytale soap.

This is much better than "LAst One Standing" judging by all the fights going on int eh first 5 eps. Last One standing is good, but the story is limited.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

just finish 7 eps. Not attactive as much as i imagine. Ada is really a fashion woman, and don't like Gigi much, seems like trantitional Korean main characters, tears, tears!!!

You can call me Bias because my three all time FAV tvb actress are together again, and I think all of them are doing a excellent job! I think Gigi character is realistic, I know many women who are like her, as much as you want to slap them and tell them to wake up, but they refuse to believe that the man they love are just no good!

I too love Ada character the best, hah her husband is soo small! i can't wait to see what's next! Only on ep 4 and so far I am loving it! hah So funny how Sylvia hit Calvin in the head with her shoe!! Love the seires so far!

anyone kowns what website can watch it online or download it?

OMG! Gigi's character gives me a headache. She is having a cry fest in this series.

Watched episode 10. Poor Ada....

click to show/hide spoilers
    Do you think he husband really commited suicide and died, or just pretending to be dead and gone into hiding?

The series was rather boring at first, but the cast is so stunning, its hard not to watch! It is getting better!

Here's the theme for everyone!

http://rapidshare.com/files/15984895..._Song__TV_.mp3
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Watched episode 10. Poor Ada....

Do you think he husband really commited suicide and died, or just pretending to be dead and gone into hiding?
    i saw this in the previews:

I saw Louise strangling Ram by the next while walking otu of somebuilding. So i recken that Ram must have gone into hiding to let Ada take the fall, then resurface later. What a jerk!
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    i saw this in the previews:

I saw Louise strangling Ram by the next while walking otu of somebuilding. So i recken that Ram must have gone into hiding to let Ada take the fall, then resurface later. What a jerk!
    So disappointed in him.

Well, good that he 'resurfaced' - so that Ada can divorce him and doesn't need till 7 years (to declare him as dead).

Hah On ep. 10 I must say Eddie's Character is interesting so far, goodness look at his outfits heh! Reminds me of Johnny deep.

I really wish I had the show closet too! That would be heaven for me! When wo was younger he had a crush on Constant, but it looks like he really cares for Jessica! I would love to see them pair up!

New trailer of GOL! Also features Linda Chung in her most sensational role in TVB ever Don't miss the sneak peeks of Linda Chung 'raping' Moses Chan From the clip Linda Chung character I guess like a brat in outside but a vulnerable girl inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYpaU_6FUTY

Some caps, credits to rainbowtonight @ AF discussion
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...c=586260&st=40

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/dl_bluerose/01-4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/dl_bluerose/03-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/dl_bluerose/lin01.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/dl_bluerose/lin03.jpg')

Hope it gets better. I'm up to ep 8, and so far it's just average. I think some of the characters need to be more interesting, and they need to cut down on the crying and hysterics. I don't like emotions shoved in my face and watch people cry non-stop on screen- crying for the sake of just crying is not cool. It's like TVB trying to tell us "oh they're having a sad moment here so you should pity them." Rather, a well written plot, good character development will automatically lead to the audience understanding the characters well and sympathize with them without the excessive crying scenes.

So far, Moses seem the most interesting. On the outside, he seems like a rich playboy who gets a new girl every week... but on the other hand he's always dishing out life lessons to others like he's a moral character or something. He's a bit ambiguous at this point so it's interesting where he goes next.

Gigi seems the most boring so far actually.... all she does is act stupid and cry. I know it's still early in the show, but her character is just too 1-dimensional at this point.

I'll still watch and see what happens. Maybe my expectations were too high for this show.

Default gem of life

i liked the way the sisters were reunited once they realized that their marriages failed - went to that wedding, moved back into the "hong" household, gigi and maggie were buying items of ada since she was declared bankrupt.

i felt sorry for ada have a dramatic change in her lifestyle.
    louise's motives in setting up her daughters again seem apparent.
    Up to chapter 11 now... so far so good.
    i cant wait to see more of eddie.. and his transformation from being a newspaper vendor to ...

Is it only me who think that Ada and Ngok Wah's character is quite a match in the series (except age wise)? He seems to be the only guy that can handle her in the series. I look forward for their scenes together.

He may looks like a super nice, down to earth billionaire who cares for his son, but from the TVB synopsis, he's quite sinister. I think episode 16 might start to hinting that.