Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: The Gem of Life 《珠光寶氣》

click to show/hide spoilers
    wong hei and linda chung
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i love the story, i thought this would be at least a 35. 25 is like.... for sit coms lol
    The lowest was actually 23! I'm not too surprised though. The story is halfway done yet I feel it's still so scattered. They have to cater to so many cast members and get everyone enough screen time, it's no wonder lack of focus is the result. Also, with the collasping global economy, this is definitely not a show to air right now and besides, most audience will not be able to connect with the high-class, glitzy, glamour that this show circles around. They talk about M&A, real estate development, yacht racing, fancy cars, mansions, diamonds...I mean who's gonna connect with that? And they incorporated Donald Trump's "the Apprentice" into this show? Oh my goodness! Ho Ma from Moonlight Resonance, everyone can connect with and support. It is a pity though, this show had a pretty decent and solid cast, but with 82 episodes to write, it's a very difficult task to keep an audience's attention span for that long. Also, I feel I don't have an urge or curiosity to want to rush to the next episode as I do with other better developed shows. That's what this show is missing as well, intensity. OH well, hope it'll start to pick up it's pace and ratings soon.

That's too bad. I agree it might have been better received if it aired a year ago, but Gigi's brother had that accident and they waited for a year.

Ironically, Gigi's performance and character also proves to be the weakest link in here~~
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Of all the people, why do Yeung (John) want to mix with Kei (Yu Yeung)? The sleaziest wealthy rat?

I foresee that Yeung will lost heavily in stock market and incur heavy debt because he believed in Kei.

Stock market investment is not for everyone, especially when you don't have knowledge and pour in more than you can afford. When will people learn? Greed greed greed...

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Psycho-jerk does it out of love for Constance.
    Pig-jerk does it out of self-justification.

I'd rather psyscho-jerk! (Cos Eddie is more suave than Moses when he has a makeover)

I just started watching this series as I am a fan of Eddie Kwan, and I didn't have any knowledge of what the series is about - so I was expecting a nice reunion of Eddie-Gigi as in "The Link" (1994 series where they were paired up)... I was in a for a rude awakening when I realized, after waiting 9 episodes for Eddie to make an appearance, how psychotic his character is! It was really painful to watch... I've seen Eddie play many weird, bad roles before but this was like to a new level. Whoa. I hope he does get better soon...

Quote Originally Posted by pindarsapho View Post
    I just started watching this series as I am a fan of Eddie Kwan, and I didn't have any knowledge of what the series is about - so I was expecting a nice reunion of Eddie-Gigi as in "The Link" (1994 series where they were paired up)... I was in a for a rude awakening when I realized, after waiting 9 episodes for Eddie to make an appearance, how psychotic his character is! It was really painful to watch... I've seen Eddie play many weird, bad roles before but this was like to a new level. Whoa. I hope he does get better soon...
    it gets worse :

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Of all the people, why do Yeung (John) want to mix with Kei (Yu Yeung)? The sleaziest wealthy rat?
    Because the story is poorly written. It doesn't make sense why he would invest in stock market in the 1st place? Or why he would jeopardize his career instead of asking his sons in law for help even though he is the stubborn guy with lots of integrity.

The series is boring and difficult to follow. It jumps around. Two or three episodes about this character, and then he/she disappears for the next two episodes. That explains why the rating is so low.

Only watch this series if you want to kill some time. Otherwise, watch other shows.

I agree, the series sux!!!
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Whoa! Ep 50 is freaky! Go Martin!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

wow eps 50!
    martin is evil!!!!

episode 50 is like the turn point ...XP

from melissa's insight..i have a hunch that martin's
    downfall later will also be caused by a woman which is jessica :P

What a great episode 50! Things happening like an avalanche!

This is definitely an exciting show, but it is also quite exhausting. NOT for people seeking relaxing entertainment.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

i think
    moses will go against his father now and join forces with bowie

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Whoa! Ep 50 is freaky! Go Martin!
    Martin look so dashing, evil and all Had me smitten.

charlie really cannot act =x

I wonder why most of the posts didn't like terrence-constance couple while what makes me hanging to watch this drama is because of them. No matter what I can feel that constance character had improved alot after divorced by her husband, she tried to looked for a nicer guy which was Fat then after she broke up with him she didn't directly date terrence, she wanted to be friended with terrence but later on she realized that she couldn't let go the opportunity to be with him, it's a very mature step indeed.

What do we expect? constance kept rejecting terrence and acting so brave like her sisters, well excuse me it's definitely not her character and I just like her to be mindful about her family after before she hurt them by running away with a guy in Canada.

I don't like yau, the 3 sisters's mom. She was interfering her daugthers lifes and tried to do selfish things. Well definitley Jessica (ada choi) was like her mother whom married an older guy to gain advantage, I'm being biased right now and think that what terrence worried that jessica is not a good woman might be true.

Interesting Character is Maggie siu's, like her most for her strong will and she's the only one who cannot be manipulated and can see tricks of her mother. Bowie's character also very interesting, hope he end up together with Maggie.

I can see Melissa had some feeling for Martin but she tried to ignore it and Jessica could sense it.

For linda cheung, she's ok acting as a spoiled little rich brat.

I saw from web that later Martin will be bankrupt but Jessica will stay with him and realize that he is her true love.

I wonder how will terrence cheating on constance while it's so hard for them to be together at the 1st place? Can't wait for next episodes, however I do agree that this drama way too long. tvb should have planned this drama for 40 episodes only.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lia00027 View Post
    I saw from web that later Martin will be bankrupt but Jessica will stay with him and realize that he is her true love.
    Nah! Jessica already realised Martin was her true love in ep 20. She llike his money and status, but she is very attracted to his personality! I say she loves Martinfor real!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I agree with charbydis.

hey does anyone know when is Bosco character will make an appearance???
    Idol in my heart: Isabella Leung, Gao Yuan Yuan, Vicky Zhao, and Jimmy Lin. I worship you all.
    Rainie & Isabella= a sweet couple.

For me the series has lost it's steam after episode 45. I keep fast fowarding and let the series play on TV while I surf the net.

Which remind me that I forgot to pick up the newest DVD at store yesterday. Oh well...