Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gem of Life 《珠光寶氣》

erm can i ask a question WHY IS IT ALWAYS BOWIE AND GIGI

GOD I HATE BOTH OF THEM TOGTHER!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T TVB HAVE A NEW PAIRING????
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

hm.... imo, i don't hate bowie and gigi, i'm just tired of them always being together,.lol
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

Wong He in this is a good thing to hear. But LOL I'm also getting tired of seeing Bowie and Gigi together..looks like Chik Kei Yi really loves them.

Wonder who else are in here. Based on the Chik Kei Yi's past work, it seems that he enjoys using the same cast over and over again and he almost never use any of the younger generation (except Blade Heart but that series is not good :P). It's good that this series is monopolized by the veterans but I wish tvb can chip in a few good younger generation actors/actresses for some variety since this series is quite long LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    erm can i ask a question WHY IS IT ALWAYS BOWIE AND GIGI

GOD I HATE BOTH OF THEM TOGTHER!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T TVB HAVE A NEW PAIRING????
    i totally agree with u...cant tvb give them a break!
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

well yeah...but i hope they don't make the villian(s) of the story so exagerating...

like threshold era--both sunny and his brother turned so ridiculous evil...personalities changed drastically---if they were bad people from the beginning perhaps but sunny was a very good person then turned so bad...

o hope they don't make the main charactsre like this in this series this way either..

Sunny in ATE wasn't ridiculously bad. He just did bad things but he still loved Kenix and treated his family well. Louis wasn't purely evil either.

yes i know there's no black and white....in my opinion--

though but sunny killed roger's parents and tried to kill roger---i meant--compare him from the begining of the series to end, his whole personality (not talking how he treated kenix) was 180% different...

to me killing trying to kill your best friend who you grew up with is bad...

and louis loved ada but then "suddenly" started to slap her around, etc...until after he thought she died he was remorse ful...

no matter how "bad" gallen was he wasn't killing people.....and he was pretty consistent throughout series..

just some thoughts...just hope this new series isn't like that...

I find that people who are "Evil" have badness in them already...like the chinese saying "three years ago to 80 years"

so is this airing next year?

Quote Originally Posted by sufan
    yes i know there's no black and white....in my opinion--

though but sunny killed roger's parents and tried to kill roger---i meant--compare him from the begining of the series to end, his whole personality (not talking how he treated kenix) was 180% different...

to me killing trying to kill your best friend who you grew up with is bad...

and louis loved ada but then "suddenly" started to slap her around, etc...until after he thought she died he was remorse ful...

no matter how "bad" gallen was he wasn't killing people.....and he was pretty consistent throughout series..

just some thoughts...just hope this new series isn't like that...

I find that people who are "Evil" have badness in them already...like the chinese saying "three years ago to 80 years"

so is this airing next year?
    i guess that it would be aired nxt year...maybe it is!

Default any updates??

any updates to give on this series.
    somehow i look forward to both the 60 series one and this one

According to news, TVB will be filming a 80 episode modern series next year, and produced by Chik Kei Yi. After 1999's [At the Threshold of an Era], Catherine Tsang again requested for him to produce a long series. Chik Kei Yi will be taking his favourite cast and crew to South Africa, Aoshima Island (Japan) and other places for outdoor scenes filming. The audiences can expect to be captivated by the beautiful people, scenery and the human nature of the story.

This 80 episode series will be TVB grand production for next year. Officially starting filming in early January, the casts are CKY's favourites such as Ada Choi, Gigi Lai, Maggie Shiu, Bowie Lam, Moses Chan, Wong Hei etc. Because Ada, Gigi, Bowie and Moses have been re-used by CKY in WAB and DOP, there is a possibility that the audiences might feel tired seeing the same faces. CKY is not worried about this: "They are not portraying the same role, plus the plot is brand-new, which revolved around the struggle and rivalry of three sisters in business world. Therefore not worried that the audiences will be bored." They have decided to film the outdoor scenes in South Africa, Aoshima Island and various places in Mainland China.

Credits: sehseh idlemindsehseh.blogspot.com
    Last edited by triumph2004; 10-15-06 at 02:10 PM.

Default 80 episodes

thanks for the update..i like ada in these long series.. she was her best in Secret of the heart. Anyway, are you referring to alex fong chun sung or the (swimmer) alex??

lee shut kei..?? is that lee see kay (the one from the 80's and kindred spirit??)

i have no idea but so far thats what we know
    yeah i think Lee Shui Kei is the one in Kindred Spirit, she just recently returned to TVB and participated in Storm in a Pool.
    Who is Ngok Wah?

Default ngok wah

he is a veteran, immigrated to canada. He was mainly in the eighties' series..

It has also been confirmed that Bosco will be taking part in the filming of the 80-episode grand production next year, titled Jewels Splendor 《珠光寶氣》. Fellow confirmed cast members include Bowie Lam, Moses Chan, Ada Choi, Gigi Lai, Maggie Siu, Linda Chung, Wong Hei, Kenny Wong, David Chiang. The series will revolve around the world of diamonds and jewels, and will have a theme based on the ideas of forever and everlasting. This new series will also have scenes set in South Africa and Qingdao, China. Bosco said, We will be going to South Africa and Qingdao for outdoor scenes. I have never been to South Africa. When we go, I can treat my work like a vacation. While Im at it, I can also admire the beautiful landscapes over there.

Credit: bosco-wong.com

Quote Originally Posted by triumph2004
    It has also been confirmed that Bosco will be taking part in the filming of the 80-episode grand production next year, titled Jewels Splendor 《珠光寶氣》. Fellow confirmed cast members include Bowie Lam, Moses Chan, Ada Choi, Gigi Lai, Maggie Siu, Linda Chung, Wong Hei, Kenny Wong, David Chiang. The series will revolve around the world of diamonds and jewels, and will have a theme based on the ideas of forever and everlasting. This new series will also have scenes set in South Africa and Qingdao, China. Bosco said, We will be going to South Africa and Qingdao for outdoor scenes. I have never been to South Africa. When we go, I can treat my work like a vacation. While Im at it, I can also admire the beautiful landscapes over there.

Credit: bosco-wong.com
    thanks for the info triumph2004... do you know the pinyin for the title?

Default Jewels Splendor 《珠光寶氣》

TITLE: Jewels Splendor [tentative name]
    Chinese title: 珠光寶氣 [tentative name]
    Number of episodes: 80

This is a 80 episode grand production of 2007

Confirmed Cast:
    Bosco Wong
    Bowie Lam
    Moses Chan
    Ada Choi
    Gigi Lai
    Maggie Siu
    Linda Chung
    Wong Hei
    Kenny Wong
    David Chiang

The series will revolve around the world of diamonds and jewels, and will have a theme based on the ideas of forever and everlasting. This new series will also have scenes set in South Africa and Qingdao, China.

Bosco said, We will be going to South Africa and Qingdao for outdoor scenes. I have never been to South Africa. When we go, I can treat my work like a vacation. While Im at it, I can also admire the beautiful landscapes over there.

credits to www.bosco-wong.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omg...so many of the cast is from dop and wab! i dont know how this series is gonna be like, but i hope its good!

Actually i made the thread for this series here http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15951
    but i just can't change the title, somehow the title doesn't show up the way i want it when i tried to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph2004
    Actually i made the thread for this series here http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15951
    but i just can't change the title, somehow the title doesn't show up the way i want it when i tried to change it.
    Triumph, you can pm Em or the moderator to change your thread title.

ooo...sorry, i couldnt find a thread for this, that's why i started it!

Ok ill ask the mod to merge the 2 threads together or something hehe