Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: At the Threshold of An Era 《創世紀》

Default At the Threshold of An Era 《創世紀》

just thought to create a thread on this one. this is a very famous series. a big production. though i know many here find this series utterly boring and ridiculously lengthy, i still enjoyed this series so much. feel free to discuss this series with me!
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-16-08 at 06:33 PM.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    just thought to create a thread on this one. this is a very famous series. a big production. though i know many here find this series utterly boring and ridiculously lengthy, i still enjoyed this series so much. feel free to discuss this series with me!
    Let's see, I actualy watched this series several times, Like it! I enjoyed Kenix & Gallen's performances the most there, especially Kenix, sometimes I can't believe that the same actress played that different types of role in the same series that well... Ada, Flora are great also. I really admire Lisa Wong's character's strength
    Anyway, what is your favourite character in this series Cherrie?

yeah i agree! i can't quite imagine that's the same kenix in part ! & part 2. she's really one of the great actresses as i got used to her 'noisy' character.
    i also like lisa wong's character. the strength and calmness of her character is really admirable. really like her when chun pui was trapped in taiwan and she handled matters with all the calmness you can ever imagine.
    my favorite character? i think it's lisa wong's.
    i actually pity the 2 villains here, sunny chan and louis koo. esp sunny! i felt so sad when he died after he had realized all his mistakes. and he died without even knowing he has a son! as for louis, i think he's quite pitiful too. but then again, he did not even bother to investigate the truth behind his brother's death.
    i became really annoyed with gallen when he's going nuts when kenix got jailed for a crime she did not commit. sure i understand why he's like that, but im like, for god's sake don't be too rash! you are hurting other people!
    at first i really like roger's character, and i really felt for him when he found out the truth behind his parents' death. but in part 2 his character became somewhat boring. i also think he and ada don't have chemistry at all.
    i don't actually like ada's character. at first she's very much in love with louis that she actually helps him in his bad deeds. she's a very weak character in my opinion.
    some characters that really got into my nerves: michelle saram (this actress never fails to get into my hate list), josie ho (yeah, i guessed it right, she's a lesbi here), and maggie siu's mom (very materialistic!)
    i cried when i watched the scene when joe ma's son died and his wife was beating him and all and he's on the floor crying. so sad there! i actually thought he will be good from now on. unfortunately, he went back to be evil when his dad died
    btw, i have 10 more eps to go till i finish ate2 (though i already watched the ending). i felt so sad also when gallen's sister died.
    overall what i can say is everyone (or almost everyone) did a really great job here.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hmm.I remember watching both of these series, and I absolutely loved it. *nod* I guess I lot of people did think it was too lengthy and all, but I enjoyed it. It was quite an emotional series though, with so much ups and downs! I don't remember too much of the whole plot unfortunately..maybe I''ll go and watch it again..
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

As for Sunny and Louis's characters, they're both villains; however, there are a BIG difference between them: Sunny always trusts his wife no matter what, he definitly loves his wife the most, as for Louis's character, his lover is always at the 2nd position, but I don't get why Ada can come back and forth from Louis -Roger and Roger-Louis that easy, so between them, who does she love the most?

Cherrie, you're absolutely right about Lisa's character. I wish I can be 1/100 like her After chun pui died, I really wished that she would come back with her ex-husband and help him to be better... but he died

This series would of been good if they have written the charactor better... I mean they tried to develop why some of these folks change for the better or for the worst... but the love relationship I thought was developed really bad.

The female charactors were really bad and I know some of you think Lisa and maggie are strong charactor but maybe too strong... while the other Flora, Ada, kenix... are just too weak.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

i change my view abt louis. he's not at all pitiful! i can really understand why sunny became bad, but i totally can't understand louis! i mean, he already know the truth, but why did he still insist on revenging? seems that what he's doing in the end is for himself, not for the revenge for sunny that he's always saying.
    i agree james, i think there's not quite a balance on the characters of the females here. some are so strong, some are so weak. i got annoyed with flora at one time too because of her too much love for gallen. but im really glad that she got back to barry (though barry really annoys me)
    im now down to the last 5 eps, i really felt for gallen when he cried when his sister died.
    for some reason, im expecting more of hawick's character. im actually thinking he will turn very very bad. apparently no.
    i think joe's transition from a bad guy, to a good guy, then back to a bad guy is so abrupt. yes, i think he did turn good for a while, or at least when he said sorry to his dad. but i just can't understand why he still became bad when his dad died. afterall, he said he already realized his mistakes right?
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    i change my view abt louis. he's not at all pitiful! i can really understand why sunny became bad, but i totally can't understand louis! i mean, he already know the truth, but why did he still insist on revenging? seems that what he's doing in the end is for himself, not for the revenge for sunny that he's always saying.
    i agree james, i think there's not quite a balance on the characters of the females here. some are so strong, some are so weak. i got annoyed with flora at one time too because of her too much love for gallen. but im really glad that she got back to barry (though barry really annoys me)
    im now down to the last 5 eps, i really felt for gallen when he cried when his sister died.
    for some reason, im expecting more of hawick's character. im actually thinking he will turn very very bad. apparently no.
    i think joe's transition from a bad guy, to a good guy, then back to a bad guy is so abrupt. yes, i think he did turn good for a while, or at least when he said sorry to his dad. but i just can't understand why he still became bad when his dad died. afterall, he said he already realized his mistakes right?
    Oops, I didn't remember much about Joe's characters..
    As for your view about Louis, I remember some characters in the series said sthing like ..it's too late for Louis to come back, he put in too much and keep going is his must.. something like that.. However, personally I think Louis's character just couldn't take the fact that he has been totally wrong, he lost a lot of things because of this "plan" already, that was like one of the most meaningful in his life, now he figured out it's a big waste... kind of sad and disappointed, not easy to accept

In the last 5 chapters, there is one sence that I can't forget: Gallen was on his knees to beg Louis for Kenix's safety, he said something like "We are the same, we both want to keep a woman who no longer love us aside" If I am right, Gallen was on his knees 3 times in the whole series and 2 of them were because of Kenix, the other was because of his younger sister

I was just viewing through the last few eps of pt 2. I couldnt really remember things from pt 1. Hmm..how bad was Sunny?? Dont really remember what he did. Louis is a villain, but a great one. He really potrayed his character very well. My favs are Gallen and Louis, with Kenix as the female side. Really liked this series. Its in the same league as CBWH. I am really hoping TVB will someday make this type of series again. I know 50+ eps is very long, but I dont mind if it has a great story.

isn't that what louis kept on saying? that he has already done too much to go back? i don't remember some characters saying that; rather i think it's louis who keeps on saying that.
    that's an excuse in my opinion. gallen has also done too much. but he knows when and how to stop and be good. whereas louis, he was not calm enough to think what he had done. remember what he said in front of sunny's ashes? 'smokeless city' is not all that matters to him anymore, he will just get everything these people had'
    cherrie

i finally finished this very long series. i felt so sad! there's this one pt that i actually pitied louis, but as i mentioned above, i don't pity him anymore after all he did. but in the end, when he's abt to die, i once again felt for him. his love for his brother was very touching in my opinion. and i felt so sad when he asked his brother to take him. and sunny was touching his forehead saying, 'i know you're already tired'. such a sad scene!
    i was also touched by the scene when kenix saw her dad shot by gallen
    i love the theme that was played when louis died. after several searches in the net, i finally found the title and the lyrics. it's 像我這一種男人.
    cherrie

Wink

hmm...i love this show too!but i kinda forgot the plot liao hehe cos watched long time ago but i love it to bits!

hmm, I've re-wateched this series a couple of times aswel. Though, i must say...its got a kind of ridiculous storyline..anyhow, i still enjoyed it!

What was frustating was that when Louis Koo found out about how gallen was not the one who murdered his brother..he didnt stop, but kept on doing ridiculous things. I think it will be more interesting if he did not follow the same path as his brother, cause this resulted in him dying...
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by linghuchong
    hmm, I've re-wateched this series a couple of times aswel. Though, i must say...its got a kind of ridiculous storyline..anyhow, i still enjoyed it!

What was frustating was that when Louis Koo found out about how gallen was not the one who murdered his brother..he didnt stop, but kept on doing ridiculous things. I think it will be more interesting if he did not follow the same path as his brother, cause this resulted in him dying...
    that's exactly what i mean too. i really can't understand why he still followed the same path as his brother. seems to me that at that point he blamed sunny for making him go through that path. on the 2nd thought, i hope he didn't die in the end. he should have at least paid for all his crimes.
    cherrie

hmm yep i love this show too it's a great one!btw how to get mp3s ah?can jus download from the net?cos i scared it might not be worth it to buy if i cant get songs

you can request the songs here: www.dsoul.net/forums but you should register first. but if you chose to buy the ost, i think it's still worth it. the songs are very nice.
    cherrie

Hi everybody..
    Honestly.. I forgot most of the series.. hehe... I'm waiting for the rerun of this series..How n why did Sunny go bad? I vaguely remember.. Is it becoz of Kenix? coz she love Gallen?
    HaRDCoRe MaN UtD Fan!!!

wait can i ask something? around wen did this series came out? it sounds familiar yet i dunt recall anything about it. and u guys make this series sound so good lol
    .+ IVVI +.

Quote Originally Posted by tvbaddict
    wait can i ask something? around wen did this series came out? it sounds familiar yet i dunt recall anything about it. and u guys make this series sound so good lol
    Well.. I think it was in 1999.Same like me.. hehe... Can't remember most of the series..
    HaRDCoRe MaN UtD Fan!!!

i think this series was aired in 1999, part 2 comes a year later if im not mistaken. i think that how they got the title. because of year 2000.
    sunny turned bad basically because of gallen. louis run away with his boss money and the triad boss kidnapped his mom. sunny sold all his assets, car, house and emptied his savings just to pay off the amount louis took away. unfortunately, the amount was so big that he can't pay it alone. roger lent him a little, but gallen refused to because that time gallen was trying to gain kwok fung's trust and kwok fung wants to have sunny in his side because of his job in the govt (they need some leakage of land information). so gallen asked people to hinder the sale of his house and purposely hired a person to destroy his car. gallen's intention is for sunny to be not that honest. he claimed one should not be that upright and honest in doing business. at first sunny refused to let go of his principles, and after much effort, he managed to collect the said amount and proceeded to taiwan. on his way to the airport, someone tried to rob him and he accidentally killed the guy. he was so guilty then, but he need to go to taiwan. when he arrived there, he learned that louis owed another amount of money! and so he returned to hk to collect another amt of money. that's the time when the police ruled out the killing of the robber as an unsolved case. he also learned that the robber is a very bad guy. so he justified the killing of the guy--saying to himself that it doesn't matter coz anyway that's a bad guy.
    i think that's the pt when he started turning bad. he now thinks you really have to have power and money so that people won't hurt you. and to have those you have to give up your principles.
    that's actually the reason why gallen kept on blaming himself for sunny turning bad
    cherrie