Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Lai: A splendid actor?

Default Wayne Lai: A splendid actor?

Yeah, this is Wayne Lai we're talking about. The one who acted as Zhu Pajie in Journey to the West, and then, a rude, dirty guy in To Love With No Regrets and later, a great general in A Conquerer's Story.

I haven't watched his latest series yet, but don't anyone thinks the same as me, that Wayne Lai is a good, versatile actor?
    Last edited by arachidonic; 05-28-06 at 04:29 AM.

Did you see him as Zhou Bo Tong in ROCH 1995? Watch them and you will realise how good he is!!!

hés in Trimming Success , Gentle Crack Down... I believe
    http://carmanlee.18.forumer.com/ <<< Web tui

http://tuoixuanxanh.com << check it out !!!

Yes I do agree.
    He has never played the lead role in TVB series (as far as I know) but always the supporting role. He is a versatile actor and has acted in diefferent role for the past few years: ruthless, kind and funny. I liked him in an old series (can't remember the title) with Bobby, Anne Heung, Shirley Yeung etc, something to do with an antique stall....(someone reminds me of the title please!). He was so funny here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    Did you see him as Zhou Bo Tong in ROCH 1995? Watch them and you will realise how good he is!!!
    Yep. Yeah, I did..
    He was so cute and mischievious~!

i like watching wayne lai too, very good. he led in 1 series w/ nadia in it. something about making wonton. he also co-led w/ michael tse? in fantasy hotel and best of bet or something. i liked wayne in loch/roch, devil desciple, journey to west, + every series hes in actually.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Totally agree!

Wayne is a really good actor.
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

Thumbs up

I like him as an actor, he can play a likeable character or a detestable and hateable character like the one in Safe Guard with Steven Ma.

But not alot of people like his acting and say he exaggerates or something, but I don't see any of that. So I can't say.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wayne Lai is definitely top 5 one of my favorite supporting actors ever. And definitely in top 25 actors period.

I like Wayne Lai's fight with Louis Koo in ROCH95. Chun Wong's fight with Andy Lau, Chun Wong got his butt kicked so bad. It was sad how they made ZBT lose to YG like that in the 83 version.

wayne is a great actor. love him in every role he plays...ah no, i hate him if he's a villain, and love him if he's not. definitely a very very good actor
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Wayne Lai is of course a good actor. I like him in Devil's disciples very much. I even wrote about him in my blog: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-P97Zr...0g--?cq=1&p=65. Please comment!

wayne Lai's acting is better than most of the so called lead actors now a day. But maybe he is not handsome enough to be lead, what a pity!!!

He is fabb : much better than actors today,
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

he is one of my favorite actors. he can act any kind of role that is given to him. but i like him mostly because of his funny roles. even my mom likes to watch his series.

Totally agreed. He is really a great actor. Although he had always been supporting roles but he is very versatile & always managed to deliver his parts well.

Quote Originally Posted by puffins View Post
    Totally agreed. He is really a great actor. Although he had always been supporting roles but he is very versatile & always managed to deliver his parts well.
    i agreed too

Definitely! Wayne is great with comedy and those smart characters. He was one of the best characters in Devils Disciple considering the fact that the series was trash.

OMG I LOVE Wayne Lai. I love him ever since Journey to the West as the pig. He was soo funny. The recent series I've seen him in was Devil Disciples. He was awesome in that series. I could help but cry when he died at the end.
    It's just a shame that TVB don't give him much lead roles like he should get. He always managed to deliver his roles so well.

YEAH! this guy is the essence of VERSATILE. too bad tvb only lets good-looking guys, HUNKS (with some height) play the lead roles most of the time. in fact all tv serials are like that. but srsly, WAYNE LAI(:

According to sehseh, Wayne is going to star as the first lead in a new series. More information is yet to be released.

Yes, the time is finally here! Wayne finally gets a lead role.