Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Superman Returns

BUT FOR ME I REALLY THINK HE'S GAY...

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Just watch it. I'm disappointed with this movie. The effect was gr8 IMO and the actor and actress (Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth) wasnn't too bad however the movie was so draggy which doesnn't help - the movie is long itself. There wasnn't much action or fights, which is stupid for Action/Adventure type. Bryan Singer(the director) should have been more creative. I was expecting a better movie!!!

Don't know if its already been mentioned, but you all do know that Brandon Routh was selected for the role because he looked similiar to Christopher Reeve when he was young. Thats why his manager signed him on in the first place, believing that in the event of a new Superman movie, Routh would have the best chance of getting the role.

This movie takes off from Superman II and gives viewers the suspicion that the child of Lois Lane was concieved when Superman decided to give up his powers and be Clark Kent (in Superman II) and they spent some time 'together'.

Anyways, for 2006, its the best movie ever made so far. AND X-III just sucked soo badly. X-I was good, X-II was ok but X-III, only a stupid person would like it.

For 2007 and beyond, can't wait to see >>>

1. Ghost Rider (with Nicolas Cage)
    2. Spiderman III
    3. Fantastic Four II
    4. Alien vs Predator II
    5. Transformers Movie
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 07-21-06 at 07:55 PM.

Has anyone seen this video of Bryan Singer responding to the POTC:II box office numbers?

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1676445

You kinda feel bad for the guy.
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    This movie takes off from Superman II and gives viewers the suspicion that the child of Lois Lane was concieved when Superman decided to give up his powers and be Clark Kent (in Superman II) and they spent some time 'together'.
    I can't remember that from the oringnal movie they "did it". So how did he get Lois Lane pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I can't remember that from the oringnal movie they "did it". So how did he get Lois Lane pregnant?

Remember the scene in the Fortress of Solitude, just after Superman lost his powers, he and lois were in bed together (white silk sheets, pillows, etc).

his son seems to have some kind of psionic powers...

Total disappointment for me......however, the new SUPERMAN is HOTTTT!!! They should have pick a better Lois Lane. SHe seems too young to be an older Lois Lane with a kid.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    Total disappointment for me......however, the new SUPERMAN is HOTTTT!!! They should have pick a better Lois Lane. SHe seems too young to be an older Lois Lane with a kid.

I agree to the parts about the choice of the people who play the roles of Superman (the choice was near perfect here) and Lois Lane (need lots of improvement).

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    I still have mixed feelings about Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane after watching this movie for the second time last night. She's definitely one of the more talented actresses of her generation, but there's something about her hairstyle in the film that doesn't flatter her facial shape. Overall, I think she's fine as Lois and we may as well get used to her since she (and the rest of the main cast - yay Kev! ) are signed on for two more Superman films. Had they picked an older actress, then people might complain that she is (or looks) "too old" for Superman.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I saw this movie during my brief vacation in China with my cousin.
    I thought that Kate made a really good Lois (as soon as I got over her being dark-haired; I'm so used to blonde Kate) and I also think that someone older would make Lois seem a bit too old for Superman...which isn't very good in my opinion.
    Superman was hot, and the guy who played Richard (was that his name?) was cute, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    Total disappointment for me......however, the new SUPERMAN is HOTTTT!!! They should have pick a better Lois Lane.
    I agree with you. I just finished watching the old ones, and I must say the new superman is very hot...I still think Christopher was cutter than the new one though..Though the old one was made a long time ago, I still think it is a classic. I dont really like the new one...Dun like the story-line...Very disappointed.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan