Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Superman Returns

Default Superman Returns

It's about a month away from release (June 30th). Let the discussion begin for Krypton's favourite son...

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Official website: http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/

This is the new trailer that was shown during X3 screening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIfUt5fMGoE
    Last edited by NetDriftr; 05-29-06 at 11:30 PM.

Yeah I've seen the trailer and the new Clark Kent/Superman, looks hott, he does remind me of the late Christopher Reeves when he was young.

I plan to watch it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

sliQ stuff looking forward to it with anticipation

wow...he's CUTE!!!! and i usually don't say that about caucasians based on looks alone. will watch it for the eye-candy and figure out the plot later....
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    wow...he's CUTE!!!! and i usually don't say that about caucasians based on looks alone. will watch it for the eye-candy and figure out the plot later....
    What do you mean by that?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    What do you mean by that?
    i'm the only girl among my circle of asian female friends who prefer the way asian men look; i infrequently find caucasians attractive based on physical appearance alone.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

i'm the only girl among my circle of asian female friends who prefer the way asian men look; i infrequently find caucasians attractive based on physical appearance alone.
    Ah ok.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I think the movie is not so good,because the serie Smallville is better...and the guy who plays Clark Kent is cuter!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvcrazy.net/tvclassics/wallpaper/superman/smallville/comicbookwallpaper.jpg')

YOU haven't even seen the movie, how can you judge? Besides, Smallville used to be what I loved to watch but lately the current season was just...disappointing.

Why?

This is what I see Smallville as now:

In the U.S., there's a popular expression known as "jumping the shark," which is defined as "the tipping point at which a TV series is deemed to have passed its peak. Once a show has 'jumped the shark,' fans sense a noticeable decline in quality or feel the show has undergone too many changes to retain its original charm."
    Its sad but true.

You should give the Clark Kent in the new movie a chance.

To me, I think he has a nice clean and handsome look to him.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/assets/images/t_gallery/pic-3.jpg')

And he looks good in blue tights....I mean he can still maintain his masculinity even if he's in blue tights haha...

http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.co...lery/pic-7.jpg

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

omg...i normally don't go crazy about any man based on pics alone...but as clark kent....he's soooo much hotter....drooling.... must keep my hormones in check now...hmm...wonder why i don't meet men like this in real life?

he has that boyish charm as clark yet looks very manly still...oh dear. he would have made the perfect darcy (pride and prejudice).

edit: btw, i heard the actor is very clumsy and dorky in real life too...i think i'm in love.
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-29-06 at 04:24 PM.

I'm definitely going to watch this movie to see Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

omg...i normally don't go crazy about any man based on pics alone...but as clark kent....he's soooo much hotter....drooling.... must keep my hormones in check now...hmm...wonder why i don't meet men like this in real life?

he has that boyish charm as clark yet looks very manly still...oh dear. he would have made the perfect darcy (pride and prejudice).

edit: btw, i heard the actor is very clumsy and dorky in real life too...i think i'm in love.

He has great facial features....I mean just look at those eyes and those kissable lips. Oh look at the dark hair...! Droolworthy! Too bad Lois Lane in the movie doesn't look as great as Clark. They should replace her with ME! HAhahahahha

Kevin Spacey...I hope he's good, I always thought Michael Rosenbaum was the perfect Lex.

kate bosworth is a very pretty girl, but i agree that she doesn't look terrific as lois lane. maybe it's the bad hair? her features don't quite look right with that hairdo. but this is one movie where the male eye-candy outweighs the female eye-candy. it's gonna be hard to find a girl who's good looking enough to pair up with with a guy as hot as brandon routh...interesting...both of my hollywood crushes names are brandon (frasier and routh).

Lex Luther is awesome fav character of smallville.

kate bosworth is a very pretty girl, but i agree that she doesn't look terrific as lois lane. maybe it's the bad hair? her features don't quite look right with that hairdo. but this is one movie where the male eye-candy outweighs the female eye-candy. it's gonna be hard to find a girl who's good looking enough to pair up with with a guy as hot as brandon routh...interesting...both of my hollywood crushes names are brandon (frasier and routh).
    The character Lois Lane isn't supposed to be the prettiest. She's described as attractive, independent, tough-as-nail and fiesty journalist whose intellect equals that of Superman.

are you talking about Brendan Fraser from The Mummy movies, George of the Jungle, The Quiet American fame? well it's Brendan Fraser - not Brandon Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    He has great facial features....I mean just look at those eyes and those kissable lips. Oh look at the dark hair...! Droolworthy! Too bad Lois Lane in the movie doesn't look as great as Clark. They should replace her with ME! HAhahahahha
    oh dear... i was expecting discussion of the Superman legend - not some teenage crush of Brandon Routh!!! hahahah

yes i agree Brandon is very similar to Christopher Reeve (no S in Reeve). Bryan Singer mentioned in some scenes, Brandon was like the splitting image of Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    oh dear... i was expecting discussion of the Superman legend - not some teenage crush of Brandon Routh!!! hahahah

yes i agree Brandon is very similar to Christopher Reeve (no S in Reeve). Bryan Singer mentioned in some scenes, Brandon was like the splitting image of Chris.
    Teenage crush? I'm not a teenager anymore.

Sure, when guys drool over the likes of Jessica Alba or some other star, its not called teenage crush and when girl appreciates the physique and features of a male star, its called teenage crush or crushes. HAH!

You're gravely mistaken, Netty boy.

The casting people are really good at casting someone that looks like Christoper Reeve. I hear Mrs. Reeve, his wife also passed away this year or something?

Teenage crush? I'm not a teenager anymore.
    You're gravely mistaken, Netty boy.
    lol maybe i've exaggerated a little...but not gravely mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by suet seung
    The casting people are really good at casting someone that looks like Christoper Reeve. I hear Mrs. Reeve, his wife also passed away this year or something?
    Yup.. Dana Reeve died of lung cancer at 44
    she met Brandon and commented on the resemblance to her late husband.

Does anyone know whose the director and what movies he/she has directed?

Does anyone know whose the director and what movies he/she has directed?
    Director: Bryan Singer
    Previous directing credits: The Usual Suspects, X-men1, X-men2

All 3 movies were critically acclaimed. So I have a lot of faith for this director.