Thread: OT: it's Wuxiapedia's 1st birthday!

Default OT: it's Wuxiapedia's 1st birthday!

I'm too lazy and sleepy to type much so here's the birthday post: http://www.wuxiapedia.com

I planned for the birth of Wuxiapedia after a thread on this forum started by Ken Cheng a couple of years ago ( see http://www.wuxiapedia.com/about ) so I'd like to thank everyone here for your contribution, as readers, translators, editors and feedbacks.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Linh*

*Candide's boyfriend, for those who know her from Spcnet forums
    What? Wait...whose boyfriend? I thought Candide is a guy.

Are you pulling people's leg here again? We're not amused!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    What? Wait...whose boyfriend? I thought Candide is a guy.

Are you pulling people's leg here again? We're not amused!
    Candide may be the product of a perverted mind who can pull both a person's legs at the same time..
    Linh, Linh

Happy Birthday to wuxiapedia as well. Very good job. I visit from time to time to read some wuxia in English. Will visit more often.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I'm too lazy and sleepy to type much so here's the birthday post: http://www.wuxiapedia.com

I planned for the birth of Wuxiapedia after a thread on this forum started by Ken Cheng a couple of years ago ( see http://www.wuxiapedia.com/about ) so I'd like to thank everyone here for your contribution, as readers, translators, editors and feedbacks.

Wow! It's great to hear.

Congrats on Wuxiapedia's 1st birthday. May she live a long, healthy life.

I have a suggestion for Wuxiapedia if you don't mind. Could you add previous/next chapter links to the novel pages? It would make life easier for readers if they don't have to go back to the novel menu page to get to the next chapter.

Thank you. Yeah I've got the same suggestion before. I'll add that as soon as I get the chance to.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Hey Linh er,

How come there isn't a link or resource page where people can look up more stuff on wuxia related stuff or we just allowed to be in wuxiapedia? I mean I'm sure theres some interesting sites we'd like to know about if we knew it existed. So how about a link page to suggest to ppl? Or do you have one already and I missed it some how.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well once we have the time to find enough interesting resources or sites to create such a section, we'll do it. For now, we are concentrating on the top priority stuff: writing articles, doing translations. I'm sure there are a lot of little things that can be added to make it a better site but they will have to come later, I'm afraid.

Having said that, if you know any good wuxia resource, please email/PM them to me. Thanks.

A year already? Congrats! Time to party and shake our money makers

I'm actually using it right now to correct some mistakes in the Demi Gods and Semi Devils 2004 english sub. I mean...single finger stance? wtf?

I will call you Angel Wang! hahahahaha score one for DY. I may leave that in there...
    Last edited by JigSta; 05-30-06 at 03:41 PM.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

To Candide/ HYS and others at Wuxiapedia,

Congrats at achieving the first anniversary. May many many more joyous occasions come in future.

I still remember that you were talking about creating a wuxia database in a Lygon St pizza place couple of years ago, and ho and behold, you had done such a wonderful job.

It was indeed a great achievement indeed, and i'm sure that Wuxiapedia will go from strength to strength.

Han Solo

Happy Birthday, Wuxiapedia.

It was a great site with lots of information on wuxia, and I really hope it would continue to serve the wuxia community for many more years to come.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    I still remember that you were talking about creating a wuxia database in a Lygon St pizza place couple of years ago, and ho and behold, you had done such a wonderful job.
    I'm sure wuxiapedia been more than a year oh well, although I'm not a member there but still get the benefit from the translation. And I would like to say Congrats and long live Jia You!
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Happy Birthday Wuxiapedia!!! Although I just discover wuxiapedia today, but I think it is the best wuxia novel translation website that I have ever been. The translation were so good that I cant stop reading. If it is no for wuxiapedia, I dont think I can have the chance of reading any of jin yong's work. Thanks alot.

Keep up the good work birthday girl.

Thanks everyone! Personally, it's lots of fun to work on this site too.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Took me half a year after that to get off my muscular butt and order the domain, then 5 more months to actually start working on the site.

to 10K visitors/month (my next goal)