Thread: Why didn't GF cut off YG's left arm?

Default Why didn't GF cut off YG's left arm?

She already cut off his right arm, why didn't she finish the job by tearing up the left arm too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Tran
    She already cut off his right arm, why didn't she finish the job by tearing up the left arm too?
    I think it's because she struck out in anger rather than true hatred. If she'd really hated Yeung Gor, she would have kept on slashing. As it was, she was merely very angry at him (misdirected anger, but he was the most convenient target). As soon as she committed the act, she knew she'd done something regrettable. She wasn't going to compound it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Tran
    Oh man, I can't imagine how YG is going to fight if his left arm is also cut off... By using his head and legs?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Oh man, I can't imagine how YG is going to fight if his left arm is also cut off... By using his head and legs?
    spitting things out like the passionless valley lady

Interesting, but I seriously doubt he would be very powerful. Sometimes I wonder whether Gou Fu is helping Yang Gou by cutting his right arm, becoz without her I dont think Yang gou would be able to learn doo gu chiu bai's martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by lexasp
    Interesting, but I seriously doubt he would be very powerful. Sometimes I wonder whether Gou Fu is helping Yang Gou by cutting his right arm, becoz without her I dont think Yang gou would be able to learn doo gu chiu bai's martial arts.
    lol.. YG must be super thankful to GF then.. She did a good deed..
    How about saying Xie Xun must be thankful to Cheng Kun for murdering his family, he got the Dragon Sabre and learnt the Qi Shang Fist..

YG would be even more powerful if he didn't lose his right arm. he would simply be unmatched with two arms just think what he could do with sad palm with two arms!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    lol.. YG must be super thankful to GF then.. She did a good deed..
    How about saying Xie Xun must be thankful to Cheng Kun for murdering his family, he got the Dragon Sabre and learnt the Qi Shang Fist..
    You could put it that way, but I dont think Xie Xun is happy with what he gets. Afterall, he didnt do much with the Dragon Sabre and couldnt figure out its secret either. I presume that Xie Xun would rather have his family back.

You could put it that way, but I dont think Xie Xun is happy with what he gets. Afterall, he didnt do much with the Dragon Sabre and couldnt figure out its secret either. I presume that Xie Xun would rather have his family back.
    YG would rather have only one arm? I doubt it, he could pull off better moves if he had both arms, like the sad palm(s), which was stronger than his one-armed Heavy Iron Swordplay. He could also meet the Condor by chance and learnt the Heavy Iron Swordplay using both arms too, one using the Heavy Iron Sword, one using the other sword at Dugu Qiu Bai's (home?). lol

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    YG would be even more powerful if he didn't lose his right arm. he would simply be unmatched with two arms just think what he could do with sad palm with two arms!!!
    But if GF didnt cut his arm, then YG wouldnt need to train with the condor, which then resulted that YG would be able to meet with XLN earlier and this could have prevented XLN from being badly hurt in zhong nan moutain by the taoist priest and Jin Lun.

Hence, XLN will not be forced to an uncurable state and doesnt need to jump down the passionless valley and stay there for sixteen years. If XLN and YG wasnt seperated for 16 years, I dont think YG would have invented the sad palm.

So in short, if GF did not cut YG's arm, there would be no sad palm at all. I hope you get what I mean .

YG would rather have only one arm? I doubt it, he could pull off better moves if he had both arms, like the sad palm(s), which was stronger than his one-armed Heavy Iron Swordplay. He could also meet the Condor by chance and learnt the Heavy Iron Swordplay using both arms too, one using the Heavy Iron Sword, one using the other sword at Dugu Qiu Bai's (home?). lol
    I didnt say that he would be happy when he lost an arm, but atleast it wouldnt be as bad as Xie Xun to had lost his entire family.

I agree that he could be stronger if he had both arm while using the Heavy Iron Sword provided that he will meet the condor by chance, but I dont think he would be able to use the sad palm with two hand.
    Last edited by lexasp; 06-01-06 at 05:33 AM.

But if GF didnt cut his arm, then YG wouldnt need to train with the condor, which then resulted that YG would be able to meet with XLN earlier and this could have prevented XLN from being badly hurt in zhong nan moutain by the taoist priest and Jin Lun.

Hence, XLN will not be forced to an uncurable state and doesnt need to jump down the passionless valley and stay there for sixteen years. If XLN and YG wasnt seperated for 16 years, I dont think YG would have invented the sad palm.

So in short, if GF did not cut YG's arm, there would be no sad palm at all. I hope you get what I mean .
    YG's martial art was already great before he lost his arm and with all the different MAs that he learned don't you think that he would become a great?

Maybe he wouldn't invent the sad palm but he would one of the greats for sure.

hmm.. interesting concept

So you mean YG should thank GF for delaying his journey to Mt. Zhong Nan, hence XLN was struck and became in an incurable state and they separated for 16 years because of this.

So in short, YG should thank GF for separating the couple for 16 years? Causing him to be in such misery that he created the Sad palm? Anybody would tell you he rather go without the Sad palms. He could have 16 more years living in bliss(with XLN of course)..

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    YG's martial art was already great before he lost his arm and with all the different MAs that he learned don't you think that he would become a great?

Maybe he wouldn't invent the sad palm but he would one of the greats for sure.
    Although before GF cut his arm he was already strong, but I dont think he can compete with those veteran such as Huang Yao Shi, Hong Chi Gong, Guo Jing and etc. I doubt that he can defeat Jin Lun at that time too.

I dont think YG will have the ambition to be the strongest martial artist, if GF didnt cut his arm, he would have met up with XLN and live a happily ever after.

But anyway, I think the story is as good as it is, atleast I think that the story is more interesting if it remain this way. There could infinite possibilities in this, but if this is how the story goes, then why not let it be? All I can say is that the world is never fair.

hmm.. interesting concept

So you mean YG should thank GF for delaying his journey to Mt. Zhong Nan, hence XLN was struck and became in an incurable state and they separated for 16 years because of this.

So in short, YG should thank GF for separating the couple for 16 years? Causing him to be in such misery that he created the Sad palm? Anybody would tell you he rather go without the Sad palms. He could have 16 more years living in bliss(with XLN of course)..
    Oh please dont misunderstood me, I totally agree that YG would rather go without the Sad palms and live happily with XLN (even I would have definitely do that). I came up with this theory is just to prove that there is no way that YG can use sad palm with both hand.
    Last edited by lexasp; 06-01-06 at 05:48 AM.