Thread: SPT's 'cannot kill human' principle: What stories did his mom tell him?

Default SPT's 'cannot kill human' principle: What stories did his mom tell him?

Shi Po Tian has 2 principles he holds strongly to right from the beginning of his story. One is 'no begging', the other is 'cannot kill humans'. Readers are told that the 'no begging' principle was beaten into him by his foster mother. The 'cannot kill humans' principle, he learned from stories his mother told him when she's in a good mood.

I wonder what stories she told him that made him hold this principle so strongly. I believe ancient tales contains many stories of killings, right? Heroes killing bad people. Warrior killing the enemies. So, how come he's so against killing? He's not only against killing good guys, bad guys also he doesn't want to kill.

But then when his sworn brother Zhang Shan killed, he didn't seem upset. He was just awed by his awesome martial arts. When Zhang Shan led/forced the Iron Fork members all into the poisonous chamber, he called out to the guys not to go in and wondered why Zhang Shan did that. But he didn't seem upset. Just confused.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Perhaps they were Buddhist or Taoist stories/ fables?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I don't know about Taoist stories. But if it's Buddhist, he should be equally compassionate to animals. But he has no problem killing animals. He do quite a lot of hunting. Also, it's strange that his violent and full of hatred mom will tell him religious stories.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩