Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are soldiers such worthless fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    I Really, a full scale wuxia army will be the most powerful empire that world has seen.
    It is and that is why the plot cannot allow for it to interfere with the background history.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    I have to disagree. I believe an army of wuxia fighters can and would whoop an army of classic soldiers in an army vs army type of fights.
    Well, sure they could...provided that one can actually assemble an army of wulin men. Wulin men, unlike soldiers, are fierce individualists. Generally speaking, they don't like to be told what to do, and will only cooperate with others if they perceive some benefit in it. As Cheung Mo Gei observed when much of wulin was surrounded at the Shaolin Temple by the Yuan army towards the end of HSDS, the wulin fighters certainly would not lose in man-to-man combat against the Mongol military. Without an organized counterattack, however, the wulin fighters would eventually lose despite their superiority as individual fighters. Most of wulin was composed of individuals not accustomed to fighting in large coordinated units (the occassional Shaolin, Beggar's Union, Cheun Jen Sect, or Mo Dong Sect formation notwithstanding). Getting them all coordinated and on the same page would be quite a monumental task.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Well, sure they could...provided that one can actually assemble an army of wulin men. Wulin men, unlike soldiers, are fierce individualists. Generally speaking, they don't like to be told what to do, and will only cooperate with others if they perceive some benefit in it. As Cheung Mo Gei observed when much of wulin was surrounded at the Shaolin Temple by the Yuan army towards the end of HSDS, the wulin fighters certainly would not lose in man-to-man combat against the Mongol military. Without an organized counterattack, however, the wulin fighters would eventually lose despite their superiority as individual fighters. Most of wulin was composed of individuals not accustomed to fighting in large coordinated units (the occassional Shaolin, Beggar's Union, Cheun Jen Sect, or Mo Dong Sect formation notwithstanding). Getting them all coordinated and on the same page would be quite a monumental task.
    Yea, I did assume it is well organized and train army of wulin men. The other posters stated that wuxia martial arts are useless in army vs army type scenerio and I just wanted to disprove it by considering how wulin army would attack and fight and pointed out that in the novel, it is quite clear the even a smaller size group of wulin men can overtake a large scale of army soldiers despite the fact they are not even experience in military warfare or fighting in groups. Have they been train to fight in a large scale would prove to be a devasting force. That was my point. And of course being able to assemble such an army is the hardest task. And if I was the King, I would have attempt to do so and believe I can succeed in some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    It is and that is why the plot cannot allow for it to interfere with the background history.
    Yea, I agree. It's better that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    why XLN kept her dress white after 16 years without changing.
    Didn't you know? My Gu Gu invented Bleach.