Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: EDISON CHEN

SOOO..he came back.

~ coolsmurf
    Edison Chen announces his exit from Hong Kong entertainment industry!

He held a press conference at 3pm in Kowloon World Trade Centre and just like what Gillian did earlier, he only read a statement in english (chinese translation would be given to the media) and did not answer any questions.

Press Conference Brief

- Admits that he took the photos
    - Sighs and says he is not shirking responsibility
    - Has been with his family all this while
    - All photos are his private items and he did not meant for them to be uploaded
    - He will exit the entertainment industry
    - Says sorry to all those involved in this scandal
    - He had gone overseas to heal his “wounds”
    - Will co-operate with police to solve the case
    - Has given his consent to lawyers to take legal action
    - Thanks the public for giving him a chance to apologize
    - Will devote his energy towards doing charity work
    - Hopes that everyone can forgive him

--

Hmm...*shrugs* Good for him? I could care less now. So boring. But yeah, for anyone who might still be interested.

And to comment further: WTF...He's acted in a gazillion Chinese movies, and he can't read a freaking statement in Chinese? HOW LAME.

why are everybody blaming him how about those stupid girls for allowing him to take those pictures

sure he's a wacky but the girls aren't any better it's not like they didn't know about the pitures.

why isn't he speaking chinese?
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-21-08 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    why isn't he speaking chinese?
    He grew up in Canada and doesn't know how to read chinese. His previous chinese songs and scripts was written in pinyin. The press release will be too much of a challenge for him if read in chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    He grew up in Canada and doesn't know how to read chinese. His previous chinese songs and scripts was written in pinyin. The press release will be too much of a challenge for him if read in chinese.
    why would he need a script he should have spoken from his heart and not let someone write it for him

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    why would he need a script he should have spoken from his heart and not let someone write it for him
    Don't be silly. A high school dropout like him could never written even a proper paragraph of the press release (no insult to high school dropout in general, but if you have read his blog, you'd knew what I mean by his language skills). He'll end up sounding like a rapper and that's definitely a no-no image for this conference.

Plus it sounds very professional - it's definitely written by his publicist with lawyer's guidance.

But I do give him prop for reading the press release without sounding like a humanbot. Must have done a few days homework reading them over and over again. And he does look sincere in his apology. It's definitely better than making 'naive, silly' excuse.
    Last edited by sehseh; 02-21-08 at 11:00 AM.

1000000000x times better than Gillian's pathetic attempt at a press con.

It'll be interesting to see how EEG addresses his speech... to date they still haven't admitted that the photos are real. Finally, something to truly challenge EEG's idiotic PR.

Plus, Edison is more of a gangsta wannabe, but he still apologized for 'failing as a role model'. Gillian, who actually is a role model, didn't even make this point... LMAO, you gotta love the irony.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz3 View Post
    1000000000x times better than Gillian's pathetic attempt at a press con.

It'll be interesting to see how EEG addresses his speech... to date they still haven't admitted that the photos are real. Finally, something to truly challenge EEG's idiotic PR.

Plus, Edison is more of a gangsta wannabe, but he still apologized for 'failing as a role model'. Gillian, who actually is a role model, didn't even make this point... LMAO, you gotta love the irony.

well considering it was his fault that he snapped the pics and let his laptop be fixed... and knowing that he is not in EEG anymore, he can say more than Gillian
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

So boring.
    Agree. Not nearly as dramatic or controversial as could have potentially been.
    Too predictable and scripted.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    well considering it was his fault that he snapped the pics and let his laptop be fixed... and knowing that he is not in EEG anymore, he can say more than Gillian
    You know, after watching the clip and everything, I kind of liked his speech. I know it was scripted and everything, but at least he said it with more sincerity this time (he did sound kinda pissed though...understandable).

What I liked the best about it was him ADMITTING that he was not a good role model. Did you see Gill doing that? Nope...That would kill her career. I know he's exitting and all, but at least he said those words, good job. She knows that she's not a good one either, but if she said it, she would be contradicting her words from the past.

He is an idiot, and he does deserve more blame than the ladies, but I think he shouldn't have to exit the entertainment business for THIS REASON ALONE. The ladies should take some of the heat as well...it's not like he forced them. But I don't care if he goes away because he has like very very very limited talent and the HK entertainment is better off without him. That's the reason why I think he should leave, not because he took lame-a.ss pictures.

Oh well, whatever.

Thanks for posting the youtube link, sehseh. Saves me the trouble of searching.

That press release was way better than his first attempt and Gillian’s combined. I’d give it a 9/10 for improvement. It’s longer, better worded, and sounds more sincere. We all know those are not his words and that his lawyers/PR people wrote his speech for him. If we let Ed do his own talking (ex: his blog), it will be such a disaster. A press conference can be contrived and the person isn’t speaking from the heart, but as long as it sounds good and appears to address the problem, we’re mostly satisfied.

Anywho, hate to sound cold hearted, but I haven’t been this entertained in years. The people involved, the mystery, the potential triad involvement, sexual relationships… all combined to make one of the biggest, if not biggest, story in HK entertainment history. Everyone should take blame for this scandal: the celebrities, EEG, the police, the uploaders, the media, and even netizens (myself included ).

When Ed said he’s leaving “HK entertainment indefinitely,” I’m hoping he doesn’t show up in other industries. That would totally suck. I also agree that he shouldn’t have to leave because he took private pictures of his “sexcapades” but for the mere fact that he has zero talent as a singer/actor. Sucks at Chinese and English.

So kids, listen to your parents and get a good education.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    QUESTION

What they did together doesn't matter to me. But what puzzled me is HOW does this kira guy got their private clips/stuffs? Come on, obviously they're not dumb stupid idiotic enough to hands in the guy their private videos.
    So how does this Kira guy got their clips? Everyone knows?
    Have you read any posts in this thread? It's clearly stated how 'Kira' got Edison's pics. If you're really interested in the answer to your own question you can read other people's posts about this issue in this thread or Gillian's thread. The answers are there. Why must you ask people to repeat themselves?

The big question now is: Are the police ever going to charge EEG and Gillian for sham?

She did play innocent and they made a fuss by calling the police to "find out the truth" right? They were dead certain that the pics were photoshopped which caused them sooooo much psychological and financial damage. I think the police even went out to catch netizens left and right. Now Edison's public statement essentially confirmed that the photos are authentic.

Of course, the police will probably say nothing.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Talking

Hey yall,

I'm back, i said sorry so forgiving me okay?I'm looking forward to screw more chicks. I promise that i won't take picture while having sex Peace
    how many celeb that edc have slept with???Who have the answer will get a prize from me

So is he still gonna "act" in the US? I think he should just open a night club or something in LA or maybe Vancouver. He'll do fine.
    This account is retired.

I'm just jealous I can't have sex with famous people.

I wonder if this is going to effect whether or not he'll still appear in The Dark Knight?
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 02-21-08 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    The big question now is: Are the police ever going to charge EEG and Gillian for sham?

She did play innocent and they made a fuss by calling the police to "find out the truth" right? They were dead certain that the pics were photoshopped which caused them sooooo much psychological and financial damage. I think the police even went out to catch netizens left and right. Now Edison's public statement essentially confirmed that the photos are authentic.

Of course, the police will probably say nothing.
    Yeah honestly, I find that garbage. EEG and Gillian were basically obstructing justice...and yet they take no heat for it? What kind of justice system is that? Basically encouraging people tha if you're rich/powerful, lying to the police is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    I wonder if this is going to effect whether or not he'll still appear in The Dark Knight?
    Yeah, i was wondering the same thing. He said that he has to fulfill whatever first before quitting. So what kind of role is he supposed to have in The Dark Knight?
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Yeah honestly, I find that garbage. EEG and Gillian were basically obstructing justice...and yet they take no heat for it? What kind of justice system is that? Basically encouraging people tha if you're rich/powerful, lying to the police is okay.

erm, last time I checked, i think GIllian got lots of complaints.

btw, I don't get why he needs to say he got to do charity work? IF having sex is a bad enough sin that u have to do charity work....... i guess we all need to do charity work
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07