Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: EDISON CHEN

I think he's talking about the negative effect the whole scandal has on society, i.e. if little kids saw the pics (based on the logic of the statement...I think it's bull as well).

Complaints is not the same thing as police taking legal action against them, which I think they should. Lying to police is not okay, just because you're powerful/rich.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    I think he's talking about the negative effect the whole scandal has on society, i.e. if little kids saw the pics (based on the logic of the statement...I think it's bull as well).

Complaints is not the same thing as police taking legal action against them, which I think they should. Lying to police is not okay, just because you're powerful/rich.
    The police works for EEG. Haven't you figured that out yet?

EDC called quit?? no more making movie? well, tat's great news...hope he doesn't become a AV star lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    The big question now is: Are the police ever going to charge EEG and Gillian for sham?

She did play innocent and they made a fuss by calling the police to "find out the truth" right? They were dead certain that the pics were photoshopped which caused them sooooo much psychological and financial damage. I think the police even went out to catch netizens left and right. Now Edison's public statement essentially confirmed that the photos are authentic.

Of course, the police will probably say nothing.
    Actually when that big shot HK police guy said something, he said it wrong and p*ssed off a lot of netizens. He said that even possession/sharing of these pictures is illegal, which is bull crap cause there will be 10's of millions of law breakers then. Also, when the HK police said they had arrested the main culprit uploading these pics, the very next day, there were like 100 pics uploaded by Kira. Best for the HK police to shut up instead of making themselves look like idiots like they already have.

Btw, Expression... long time no communicate. What are you doing these days? Did you know I worked in a prison for 6 months before getting transferred? Are you waiting for the 2 Three Kingdoms movies like I am? Also, would you be going to HK or China this summer? I'm going there for 2+ months for my vacation this summer.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Thanks for posting the youtube link, sehseh. Saves me the trouble of searching.

That press release was way better than his first attempt and Gillian’s combined. I’d give it a 9/10 for improvement. It’s longer, better worded, and sounds more sincere. We all know those are not his words and that his lawyers/PR people wrote his speech for him. If we let Ed do his own talking (ex: his blog), it will be such a disaster. A press conference can be contrived and the person isn’t speaking from the heart, but as long as it sounds good and appears to address the problem, we’re mostly satisfied.

Anywho, hate to sound cold hearted, but I haven’t been this entertained in years. The people involved, the mystery, the potential triad involvement, sexual relationships… all combined to make one of the biggest, if not biggest, story in HK entertainment history. Everyone should take blame for this scandal: the celebrities, EEG, the police, the uploaders, the media, and even netizens (myself included ).

When Ed said he’s leaving “HK entertainment indefinitely,” I’m hoping he doesn’t show up in other industries. That would totally suck. I also agree that he shouldn’t have to leave because he took private pictures of his “sexcapades” but for the mere fact that he has zero talent as a singer/actor. Sucks at Chinese and English.

So kids, listen to your parents and get a good education.
    Well said, Tweety! I especially love your last line, LOL.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

what amazes me is, this dude can't speak chinese, yet he's boning chinese stars, super.

Lmao, when has language been a barrier for sex? The language of "body language" is universal...

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Yeah, i was wondering the same thing. He said that he has to fulfill whatever first before quitting. So what kind of role is he supposed to have in The Dark Knight?
    Well, he said he was quitting the HK entertainment scene, he could still work in the USA and Canada.

The HK public seems to be taking Edison's apology pretty well. Thumbs up to the scriptwriter. Edison himself did well too, appears way more sincere and serious than Gillian. EEG is going to have a headache now that people are directly comparing Gillian's lame statement to Edison's.

It's time to hire a proper professional PR and lawyer, although they probably have their own special system.

Aiya the HK police is just so incompetent.

Hi ZiLong, hope you're doing well. I'm busy with work nowadays but come to spcnet once in a while. Nice bumping into people from the old days.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

EDISON!!! HOLLYWOOD WILL WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN ARMS!

In-depth Profiling of Edison Chen Reveals Why He Is The Man He Is Today. A bisexual father, divorced parents & a betrayal by a former gf & best fren?

Media reports are reporting that Edison Chen had at earlier advice and arrangement by his mother, sought help from a local psychiatrist for sex addiction during his stay in Vancouver. It is also reported that the divorce of edison's parents during his early childhood years has more or less led to his deviated and unnatural perception of love, sex and relationships and that the psychiatric treatment he sought in Vancouver was aimed at correcting his warped perceptions.

It has been said that before the age of 9, Edison hardly saw his father and only discovered that his parents had actually divorced at the age of 14. Upon the discovery of his parents' divorce, he felt cheated and hurt that he had such a truth hidden from him and from that point on, found it very hard to place his trust in people. Edison was also reported to have been very rebellious throughout his teenage years, starting from the age of 10. He was said to basically ignore his parents, skip classes and often went home only when it was already early morning at around 5 A.M or so.

Apart from his parents' divorce, it was also revealed that Edison's father's sex orientation has also been the subject of debate for a long time now and that the media has many a time caught the elder Chen behaving intimately with other male celebrities. The doubt cast over Edison's father's sex orientation over the years has no doubt played a part in affecting Edison adversely as well.

To add to all these circumstances, it was also reported that Edison himself admitted to being hurt deeply by a girlfriend who admitted to cheating on him with his best friend when he was 15. There is little doubt that the double betrayal played a part in further warping Edison's already somewhat warped views of love, sex and friendship.

In 2003, Edison reportedly fought with co-star and former friend Shawn Yue over fellow celebrity Gillian Chung. It has also be said that edison's relationship with former good buddy and classmate nicholas tse cooled off a lot over the years thanks to his dalliances with Nicholas' estranged lover Cecilia Cheung.

Edison has always been a rebel and an extreme character. He is famous for being brash and outspoken. He has wooed numerous women over the years and used to enjoy picking up random women he got to know over the internet. After he broke into the Hong Kong entertainment industry in year 2000, his old habits stuck with him and he wooed one female celebrity after another, resulting in a scandal list that was rapidly growing longer by the month. A Taiwanese media report made a list of the women Edison was said to have been involved with throughout the time he has been in the entertainment industry and the list had a grand total of 23 female celebrities which included a string of famous artistes like Cecilia Cheung, Gillian Chung, Stephy Tang, Amanda S, Maggie Q, Jolin Tsai and Elva Hsiao. He was also widely regarded as being too bold and outspoken for his own good, to the point where he even admitted to an interview held in 2006 that his favorite activity is to "make love".

Source: Translated from chinese from Chinanews.com and ifeng.com by Cocolove

---------------------------------------------

Got to say, what made him to be what he is today sounds like Bull crap .
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I came across that article in a Chinese magazine (oh no I usually don't read those "Bat Gua" stuff, I mostly study the dictionary!) Actually the Chinese title reads: EDISON CHEN'S ROAD TO PERVERSION.

But really I'm sure the boy's been heavily affected by his family turmoils, as are all kids. So parents, be responsible!
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Did anyone count how many times he has apologized? I think he must have said it 10-15 times during the 6+ min speech. He looks quite beaten and resigned, but his apology came across very sincere. Frankly, there is not much that he can do at the moment but to take responsibility for those photos. Even if he never intended for those pictures to be published and viewed by the public, his careless action has caused tremendous pains and sufferings to many of the people involved, especially, all the participants’ families and friends. Nevertheless, his sincerity is measured by his actions and I'm sure everyone can appreciate his effort in claiming copyright to those pictures to deter further circulation and distribution of them, and also committing to cooperate with the police with the investigation efforts.

I simply don't think this is the last that we will see of Edison.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

uhm...i saw on local newspaper today that Edison is going to retire....is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    uhm...i saw on local newspaper today that Edison is going to retire....is this true?
    Where have you been, woman? Have you been reading the posts on this thread and Gillian one lately? Eddie is planning to leave the HK entertainment industry, not retiring. My bet is that we will see him more on the Hollywood scenes in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Where have you been, woman? Have you been reading the posts on this thread and Gillian one lately?
    truthfully yeah, ive been around, but gill's thread is more interesting to be honest its just that i havent had anything to share with you guys hence the silence plus i feel like an outsider with you guys talking about the scandal.....cuz i know squat of the situation there, the hk showbiz

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Eddie is planning to leave the HK entertainment industry, not retiring. My bet is that we will see him more on the Hollywood scenes in the future...
    good for him, id say.....his future in hk has definitely gone bye-bye
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-23-08 at 07:55 AM.

truthfully yeah, been reading those, but gill's more interesting to be honest its just that i havent had anything to share with you guys hence the silence plus i feel like an outsider with you guys talking about the scandal.....cuz i know squat of the situation there, the hk showbiz

Sweetheart, we are hardly discussing anything Noble Prize worthy here. I'm assuming that you haven't seen the juicy pictures yet, because they do tell a thousand words.

good for him, id say.....his future in hk has definitely gone bye-bye
    Nah, if he keeps his words and stays low out of the lime light in HK, and get involve in more charities causes in the future, I'm sure the HK public will give him a second chance down the road. So far, people seem to be sympathetic and accepting of his apology, so hopefully he will reform his bad ways and change people perceptions of him going forward.
    Last edited by bellamia; 02-23-08 at 08:13 AM.

ahem, thats where youre wrong, honey kinda funny to see gill in bed, really.....but yeah, it's her private time so im not gonna condemn her for it.....like she said, she's "so naive, so stupid" if she had known better she wouldnt have associated herself with EDC, huh....but hey, her choice rite...

the reason why i didnt join you guys was that it feels weird to jump into the middle of the conversation that has been going for quite a while.....so i chose to sit back and enjoy your arguments instead

ahem, thats where youre wrong, honey kinda funny to see gill in bed, really.....but yeah, it's her private time so im not gonna condemn her for it.....like she said, she's "so naive, so stupid" if she had known better she wouldnt have associated herself with EDC, huh....but hey, her choice rite...

the reason why i didnt join you guys was that it feels weird to jump into the middle of the conversation that has been going for quite a while.....so i chose to sit back and enjoy your arguments instead
    Aiya, I hear and feel you, sista, as I feel the same way. There is so little to argue about in my opinion, or maybe I just haven't been in debating mood of late. Anyhoo, this scandal has been overplayed, on overtime IMO, so I'm glad that Ed-man has finally decided to come back and take control of the situation. I give him props for his last speech, but the rest of him is still less-than-desirable.

lol you guys have been quite harsh on him too.....but yeah.....at least he's come out and finally apologized. havent seen his clips tho, the first confession, or this one....but from what i gathered, he was lousy in the first one and as for the latest, ive only read about it in the newspaper......havent had the time to keep track of the discussion here

btw, is that angie on your avatar?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-23-08 at 08:30 AM.