Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lee Joon Ki

Default The very hansome Lee Joon-Ki!!!

ok, guys, pls look at this first post again, i added his profile...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6175/4junki5hz.jpg')

PROFILE:
    Name: Lee Jun Ki
    Date of Birth: April 17, 1982
    Height: 178 cm
    Weight: 63 kg
    Hobbies: Tae Kwon Do, Singing, Dancing
    Education: Seoul Arts University - Movie Part
    Debut: 'So, Basic' Advertisement Model (2001)

Movies:
    King's Man (2005)
    Flying Boys (2004) <with Yoon Kyesang, right?>
    Hotel Venus

TV Series/ Drama:
    Star's Noise
    What About Me
    My Girl (2005) <with Lee Dong Ook and Lee Da Hae, oh and Eric's gf Park Siyon>

Music Video:
    Clazziquai – Sweety <it's all coming back! I really remember him now!>
    Kang Sung Hoon - Precious Story <the palayan MV ika nga ni resh>

CF:
    I-Audio
    Su An Su (???)
    KFC

oh!!!! Joon-Ki oppa, Na Sarang he!!!

oh my god. has anyone else fallen for this amazing guy's charms?
    coz i know i did!!!

you guys just have to watch his movie "The King and the Clown(which many claimed to be the Korean counterpart of Brokeback Mountain and is one of the biggest hits in 2005, thanks largely to Lee Joon-Ki's performance, this film literally made him into a star overnight!!!), the tv series "My Girl" where he is the 3rd party, costarring Lee Da-hae, Lee Dong-wook and Park Shi-yeon.

the Korean film "The King and the Clown" is the most popular ever in Korean cinema history. (this sentence has been lifeted from an article. just type in the movie title in the search bar and you will see dozens of articles about this film, it is THE MOST TALKED ABOUT FILM in Korea!)

He also starred in many music videos, i watched Lee Soo-young's "Memory" and it broke my heart!!!!

his popularity spread toward China and Japan too, when he recently went to Shanhai, his screaming female fans have made it difficult for him to move about.

he is frequently asked to do fashion shows in Japan and China.

and the best part about him? he CAN ACT!!!

just watch "The King and the Clown" and you will know what i mean. A chinese reporter even compared him to Leslie Cheung in "Farewell My Concubine(coz his role in "The King and the Clown" is somewhat similar to this one).

i can understand why he is popular in Japan. Japanese girls are famous for preferring "Bishounen"(effeminate, feminine and flowery type of guys) as opposed to the macho ones.
    hehe.

Check out this article:

King & the Clown Tops Korean Film of All Time (Source) 2006/03/10
    By Nigel DSa Contributing Writer

As of March 5th, 2006 local box-office winner The King and the Clown broke all previous records and surged past the 11.74 million admissions mark held by Taegugki, to become the most successful Korean film of all time.

The gay-themed film is being called Korea's Brokeback Mountain, and has remained in the top three at the box office since its release on Dec. 29, 2005.

The King and the Clown is to get the royal treatment as the English international version of the film is underway and is being translated by one of Korea's foremost scholars and public philosophers, Kim Yong-Ok, whose pen-name is Do-ol (meaning 'stone').

Dr. Kim is professor emeritus at Sunchon National University and the author of numerous books on philosophy, religion and art. He has translated English philosophy into Korean and has also published a three-volume account of his interview with the Dalai Lama.

Dr. Kim saw The King and the Clown in January and was impressed enough to contact the production company to express his concern that an English translation be carefully done to bring across more clearly the finer points of Korean culture. When asked by director Lee Joon-Ik for assistance, Kim volunteered to handle the project.

For The King and the Clown he has chosen the English title The Royal Jester which he says contains the ambiguity and multiple meanings of the original Korean title, namely a King's clown, a kingly clown, and a clownish king.

In January, thanks largely to The King and the Clown, local Korean films enjoyed one of their best months in history, taking in box office receipts of over 78 percent, despite the presence of US heavyweights such as King Kong and the Chronicles of Narnia.

The winning streak was second only to February 2004 when, thanks largely to Korean War blockbuster Taegugki, domestic films peaked at an 82 percent market share.

There are two ironies surrounding the current success. The first is that many in the film industry feel beleaguered rather than emboldened by this strong showing, as it coincided with the government's announcement that Korea's Screen Quota system would be halved, cutting the required annual screen time for Korean films from 40 percent to 20 percent.

In the light of local fare dominating nearly 80 percent of the box-office, it is hard to argue for the preservation of protectionist measures, and finance ministers timed the decision well.

The second irony is that unlike Taegugki — the star-fueled blockbuster of two years ago — this year's first box-office champion was a modestly budgeted film with no major star-power to draw audiences.

Based on the stage-play Yi, about a Chosun-era king and his jester, The King and the Clown cost only 4 million US dollars to make, and has sold almost 12 million tickets since its release nine weeks ago, already making it the most successful film in Korean history.

It is a case of word-of-mouth prevailing over the blockbuster hype of double-digit productions.

By contrast, the 15 million dollar "Typhoon", focusing on the North-South divide, is the most expensive Korean film ever made, with a stellar cast including Jang Dong-gun, Lee Jeong-Jae and Lee Mi-Yeon. Yet it drew only 4.2 million admissions, 2 million short of what it needed to break even. Relying more on special effects and a sensational plot, the film lacked detailed and compelling characters and failed to reach Korean audiences on a personal level.

An even greater bomb was the 10 million dollar Blue Swallow starring Jang Jin-Yeong. Set during the period of Japanese occupation and purportedly recounting the tale of Korea's first female pilot, this aerial hopeful plummeted, barely drawing 600 000 viewers. Korean audiences may have been disappointed that the film did not come out strongly enough against imperial Japan.

Like many successful Korean films, word-of-mouth was a tremendous factor in the popularity of The King and the Clown. The question "Have you seen that movie?" has a snowball-effect on ticket sales here.

Based on the true story of a mad king, it is well scripted and performance-driven, with a bit of homoerotic controversy thrown in. While Koreans are a far cry from accepting homosexuality in their own society, it does seem to have market potential.

The minor-hit A Bungee-Jumping of Their Own broached the issue, albeit in a way that gave it an underlying heterosexual context.

In The King and the Clown, it is the gender-bending jester Konggil, played by Lee Joon-ki, who fascinates both his wealthy patrons and Korean film-going audiences alike.

Feminized men are a growing trend in Korea, with high-school girls apparently going giddy for men who could conceivably pass as women. Last year Korea debuted the world's first manufactured transgender pop group, 'Lady'.

Lee Joon-ki, who has become famous overnight for his graceful portrayal of Konggil and his girlish good looks, is one of the chief reasons for the film's popularity. Though we cannot say this is simply a case of the lady-boy trend triumphing over big-budget muscle. Much of the film's delight issues from the energetic play-acting and witty sparring of the two clowns.

Some critics account for the big draw of The King and the Clown by proposing that Korean audiences have evolved and refined their movie-going tastes, falling prey less and less to the glossy, hyped, often ridiculous plots of commercial productions, and instead favoring the subtle textures of unique personal dramas. This seems doubtful, if the success of the appallingly asinine sequel, My Boss, My Teacher, and gimmicky hits like Vampire Cop Ricky and Oh! My God are any indication.

There is no single reason for The King and the Clown's popularity, however a mix of the right ingredients and the power of word-of-mouth in densely populated Korea helped it go a long way. It is also worth noting that Koreans go to the movies a lot more often than they used to. Attendance has more than tripled in the last eight years, making Korea the fifth largest movie-going audience in the world.

As for The King and the Clown, there is already a stage musical spin-off of in the works.

Source : www.theseoultimes.com... ( English )

can someone teach me how to insert images here? tnx.
    Last edited by Jenny_shiny; 04-18-06 at 12:16 PM.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Lol I have only watched him in My Girl. His acting was great > Is it just me or what? I think he looks like those anime in Final Fantasy movie or something?
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

sorry but i think dat he kinda look like a grl << dont kill me
    n yep he was pretty good in my grl like wat sunlight said
    but he he was also in lee so youngs mv (grace)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    Lol I have only watched him in My Girl. His acting was great > Is it just me or what? I think he looks like those anime in Final Fantasy movie or something?
    nope i think its just u lol << sum things wrong with ur eyes n dats y u think dat danniel henneys cuter than se7en ( dont take it seriously i was just jokin LMAO )

most of the gals in Korea are, like the gals in Japan, preferring "Bishounen" like guys to macho ones. I read this one in hancinema.net.

hehe, did you know that he is now so popular in Japan, Korea and in China? all tnx to his acting in "The King and the Clown'(the film did particularly well at the box office largely tnx to him) and to his Anime good looks!

i largely recommend that you watch "The King and the Clown", where he plays the effeminate court jester that has captured the hearts of the King, his fellow jesters and every Korean girls right now!!!

this film is said to be released in America very soon, with the official title "The Royal Jester".

you hhave to watch this film as well as "My Girl", so you would get bitten by the "Lee Joon-ki" bug that has bitten every gal in Korea right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_shiny
    most of the gals in Korea are, like the gals in Japan, preferring "Bishounen" like guys to macho ones. I read this one in hancinema.net.

hehe, did you know that he is now so popular in Japan, Korea and in China? all tnx to his acting in "The King and the Clown'(the film did particularly well at the box office largely tnx to him) and to his Anime good looks!

i largely recommend that you watch "The King and the Clown", where he plays the effeminate court jester that has captured the hearts of the King, his fellow jesters and every Korean girls right now!!!

this film is said to be released in America very soon, with the official title "The Royal Jester".

you hhave to watch this film as well as "My Girl", so you would get bitten by the "Lee Joon-ki" bug that has bitten every gal in Korea right now!!!
    yep he is really popular but probably only three of us here knows him
    n i didnt watch dat ancient serie cuz i dont like ancient series but i did watch all da episodes of my grl mayb except for da last 2

Quote Originally Posted by mini_mouse
    nope i think its just u lol << sum things wrong with ur eyes n dats y u think dat danniel henneys cuter than se7en ( dont take it seriously i was just jokin LMAO )
    Lol I'll take it as a joke but I know my eyes are wrong ... Daniel is just a hunk . Anyways... getting back to the story some people does say Joon-ki looks like a girl but not to be mean and rude he kinds of look like one but I heard that it's the fashion now lol. It doesn't really matter if he does look like one but he's unique from other k-actors lol . Dpn't take it personally fans .
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 04-12-06 at 04:22 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    Lol I'll take it as a joke but I know my eyes are wrong ... Daniel is just a hunk . Anyways... getting back to the story some people does say Joon-ki looks like a girl but not to be mean and rude he kinds of look like one but I heard that it's the fashion now lol. It doesn't really matter if he does look like one but he's unique from other k-actors lol . Dpn't take it personally fans .
    yep i think so too but i dont wanna b mean or anything << im not mean but im just evil lol n dats y se7en doesnt like me

can anyone tell me how you insert images here? tnx.

dont worry, i am not really offended by what you guys say, in fact, its better that i am the only one head over heels in love with him, so i have no one to share him with!!! haha!!!

ih, mini_mouse, The King and The Clown is not a series, its a movie...

Oh my gosh, are you sure the guy is really a guy? That's way too girly for me.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

can anyone tell me how you insert images here? tnx.

dont worry, i am not really offended by what you guys say, in fact, its better that i am the only one head over heels in love with him, so i have no one to share him with!!! haha!!!

ih, mini_mouse, The King and The Clown is not a series, its a movie...
    ooo its a serie n this is how to insert images:

right click da pic -->click properties -->copy da URL -->click image (da yellow square) --> paste it --> click ok --> click submit reply

just wanna greet him a belated happy b-day, he turned 24 last april 17, hehe..
    Last edited by Jenny_shiny; 04-18-06 at 10:44 AM.

here are some pics...
    from the movie The King and the Clown..
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/photo_still_7658_57651_L.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/2006010810595036028_1.jpg')

from the series My Girl...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/b19035760.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/untitled2ak_119.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/em102.jpg')

some cutie pics...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/439fdb6e7a8b37jg_446.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/b20758552.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/4e8fscd_146.jpg')

probably his most boyish pic...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/37c0scd_171.jpg')
    Last edited by Jenny_shiny; 04-18-06 at 11:00 AM.

more pics from "The King and The Clown"...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/posterphoto11788.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/photo11831.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/photo11830.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/photo11794.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/photo11800.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/checkerzelda/photo11804.jpg')

i also want to congratulate LJK for winning the Best New Actor and Best Fashion at the 42nd Baeksang Awards!!!

people in China are comparing his performance in "The King and The Clown" to Leslie Cheung's in "Farewell My Concubine".

and kudos to "The King and The Clown"! it is now the highest grossing film in Korea!!! it has even surpassed "Taegukggi", Won Bin and Jang Dong-gun's war epic!!!
    yeay!!! go Joon-ki oppa!!!

sigh....
    isn't he the most handsome guy on this world?... $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianhunk.net/korean/jun6.jpg')

here is an article about him from asianhunk.net...

“King and the Clown” brought the talents of a new actor to light. Lee Joon-ki!! His adept character portrayal has started a new trend of “feminine masculinity”~ As the favored dark horse bound for complete stardom in 2006, we decided to pay super-rookie Lee Joon-ki a visit.

Our STAR FOCUS cameras caught up with him at an ad layout shoot. In order to take full advantage of his “neutral gender” image, a famous Japanese make-up artist was flown into Korea.

These days, any clothes, accessories, or jewelry that Lee Joon-ki dons turns into an instant icon. He takes 2005’s male pop term, “metro-sexual,” and steps it up with “cross-sexual.”

In “King and the Clown”, he played Gong-gil, a clown who was part of the lowest-ranked class during Korea’s Chosun Dynasty. Lee Joon-ki took that role and impressed the entire Korean peninsula.

They passed the 10-million viewer mark last week, putting them in third place for the most-watched film in Korean history. Lee Joon-ki obtained top-tier status after an amazing performance in the film. He was duly awarded with “Best Supporting Actor,” at this year’s Max Movie Awards.

Movie star Lee Joon-ki is also making an impression in television. He plays a flirtatious romantic in the TV drama, “My Girl”. Lee’s character is Seo Jung-woo, flirty but searching for true love. It’s a different charm of his that appeals to audiences in this role, one that is more masculine than his “Gong-gil” character. Which is more similar to the REAL Lee Joon-ki?

Not a COMPLETE rookie in the biz, Lee has had experience working in other productions. In 2002, “The Hotel Venus”, was the first Japanese film to be shot in Korean. His rebellious character was actually Lee’s debut role. And though it didn’t do too well in Korea, his acting left a strong impression. Then he showed up in the film, “Flying Boys”, as a cheerful high-school student. It was a small role, but added to his repertoire. ?

After he became a household name with “King and the Clown”, people started looking up all his past work. Fans doted on his adorable part in Clazziquai’s “Sweety” music video in 2004.

And he was also cast in Lee Soo-young’s “Grace” music video, from her latest seventh album. Lee portrays the frailty in love. He’s been shoved into the limelight and slowly has begun to adjust.

From a soft image to aggressive. He has a natural morphing ability, giving him an edge in modeling. The actor in him fulfills the exact wants of his photographer. And is a delight to watch!

Lee Joon-ki takes a large burden on his shoulders, as audiences look to seeing more of his exceptional talent in 2006. And he hopes he won’t let anyone down! We’ve got faith, how ’bout you!!

sigh....
    isn't he the most handsome guy on this world?... $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianhunk.net/korean/jun6.jpg')
    He does have a perfect nose . You're sure his big fan than check this out :

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28909
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 04-18-06 at 04:36 PM.
    -

n he was also in "grace" n "secret"

heres her mvs:
    grace
    secret

thanks a lot for the support guys... how come i get the feeling that i am the only one here who is head over heels in love with him?

now my friends keep on teasing me about him, they say he is way too girly... hmmph!!!

but i guess i have always been attracted to feminine looking guys rather than those manly looking ones... hehe...