Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jean

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Even if there is a path, but these tunnels are even more complicated and dangerous than Zhugu Liang’s Eight Chart Diagrams. Sometimes you can go around in circles for three months and find out in the end that you’re back where you started.”

He heaved a long sigh, “As far as I know, since ancient times, the number of people who are trapped to death in this kind of mountains, if they were to come together, even the King of Hade’s Sen Lo Hall would be bursting from the seams.”

Just wondering what was Zhugu Liang's Eight Chart Diagram? Is Zhugu Liang a character in this novel that I have forgotten about? Or is this some historical character? Anyone care to give me a history lesson?

Also, King of Hade's Sen Lo Hall? Anyone know anything about this person?

Zhuge Liang is not in this story, he's a historical figure, a famed strategist

from wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_Liang

King of Hades, or King of Hell... come to think of it, maybe Hell would be a better word coz Hades sounds more greek?

to continue......

She immediately followed the direction that the arrow was pointed in. After walking for over ten feet, there was really was another arrow on the corner of the wall.

However, Xiao Yu’er still stood there, not moving at all.

Tie Ping Gu furrowed her brow and asked, “Now that we obviously can leave, why are you standing there and not moving?”

Xiao Yu’er grinned, “If you follow this arrow, in another moment, you’ll be able to see Mr Copper. But I do not wish to see that face of his again.” Tie Ping Gu was stunned, and asked “Aren’t these arrows meant to show the way?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “If the arrow is meant to show the way, but not the way out.”

Tie Ping Gu asked, “How do you know?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “They were afraid they would be lost as well, and be trapped to death in here, so they carved these arrows, right?”

“That’s right.”

Xiao Yu’er continued, “In order to hide from the bandits, so they hid here, until they know that the bandits have left, where do you think they would go then?”

“Naturally it’s back to the temple.”

She said the words without much thought, and suddenly realized, saying hoarsely “That’s right, these arrows must be showing the way back to the temple. They only want to hide in these mountains for a while, so why would they indicate the way out.

Xiao Yu’er clapped and laughed, “I’ve already said, you’re a very smart girl. You finally understand. I think you pretended earlier not to have thought of this point.”

Tie Ping Gu lowered her head, her face blushed to the roots of her hair. She suddenly passed the torch to Xiao Yu’er and said, “You… you lead the way.”

Xiao Yu’er sighed and mumbled, “So the smarter the girl, the more she has to pretend to be stupid and weak. So now you want me to crack my brains more and use more effort.”

He has not finished his words but Tie Ping Gu is already stamping her foot with her reddened face, saying “We’ll take it that you’re right about this matter, it’s no big deal anyway.”

Xiao Yu’er looked at her with a grin, and after staring at her for a long moment, finally said very slowly, “I just want you to blush, to be angry. Only when you’re angry do you truly behave like a girl. I really cannot tolerate that icy look of yours.”

Tie Ping Gu was about to put on a stern look but Xiao Yu’er has already turned and walked with a big laugh. She can’t help but change the stern face that she just put on into a smile and muttered, “Was I really blushing? I really do not know how I look like when I blush, I’m afraid this is the first time in my life.”

Xiao Yu’er followed the arrow, and after every ten over feet, at the corner, he would find another arrow there. However, if the arrow was pointing forward, he would walk back, and if the arrow was pointing to the left, he would go right. Every time he passed an arrow, he would try to destroy that arrow. Tie Ping Gu followed behind him for a while before she could not help but ask, “The way you are walking, will there be a way out?”

Xiao Yu’er said with a smile, “Although I do not know if we can walk out, but the way we are walking, at least we are moving further and further away from that temple.”

By now the tunnel is getting more and more narrow, and Xiao Yu’er sometimes cannot walk through them at all. By now, the directional arrows were gone as well.

Xiao Yu’er sighed and said, “Now, we’ll have to depend on our luck, we might as well walk forward with our eyes closed.”

As he spoke, he extinguished the torch. Tie Ping Gu stopped talking, and only felt her hand being held by Xiao Yu’er. Her heart suddenly started jumping, in the darkness, this heartbeat seems especially loud. Tie Ping Gu can’t help but blush again, and can’t wait to find a hole to hide into.

Xiao Yu’er was heard saying with a laugh, “If a person’s heart were to beat, no one else can make it stop.”

With a ‘humph’ Tie Ping Gu wanted to hit his arm, but her hands stopped suddenly, and she stood there in a daze. She suddenly realized that all these years, this actually is the first time she felt that she is made of flesh and blood.

Last edited by Jean; 07-20-06 at 10:21 PM.

Aaaahh Xiao Yu Er! Yet another conquest for our hero.

Thank you so much for the translation Jean!

“Because men all do not like smart girls, they’re afraid that the girls would be better than them, so the smarter the girl, the more she has to pretend to be stupid and weak. Since men by nature like to feel that they are better than women, like to protect women, so why shouldn’t women let them think a little more, and suffer a little more.”
    I think this is a very good observation.

Heh heh... Yeah, I agree that is a good observation... But find it funny that XYE immediately turns it into something to tease her with!

Thanks for all the work translating!

and the last part of chap 69.....

In the narrow tunnel, walking was difficult, and sometimes they even had to climb. To walk on such paths in the darkness, is really not a comfortable thing. Tie Ping Gu’s clothes were torn, maybe some parts of her body are already bleeding, but she did not feel any pain at all, and felt as if she’s walking in the clouds.

After walking every short distance, Xiao Yu’er would light the torch and take a look at the surroundings, but later, the brilliance of the torch was getting weaker and weaker.

Xiao Yu’er knows that the torch is about to be used up, so he dared not use it too much. He knows that in such a place, if there were totally no light, then it’s a sure way to die. The path was even more difficult to traverse now.

Tie Ping Gu’s footsteps finally became heavy. Later, she felt her whole body in pain, dizzy with blurred vision, hungry and thirsty. Naturally her constitution is not like Xiao Yu’er, who seems to be made of steel, so how could she take such hardship. If not for Xiao Yu’er talking to her and making her laugh, she won’t be able to move even a single step. Actually Xiao Yu’er himself also could not walk anymore. If it were others, when they reach such a dire strait, even if they do not become crazy, they would be wailing and shouting by now.

However, Xiao Yu’er was born with a weird character. It may be easier to make him die, but to make him anxious, make him not laugh, that would be so much more difficult. Tie Ping Gu finally could not take it and said, “Let’s rest for a while before moving on.”

Xiao Yu’er said with a low voice, “We must never rest, once we rest, we can forget about moving again.”

“But I… I’m already…”

Xiao Yu’er smiled, “Think about it, since ages past, very few people would have been at this mysterious tunnel strolling hand in hand. This is such a beautiful, such a flirty and romantic thing. Others will never have such a chance in their lifetime, why don’t we enjoy it a little more.”

Tie Ping Gu replied dejectedly, “A pity I… I am not the person you love.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Who said you’re not, right here right now, besides you, is there anyone else in the world who is closer to me now?”

Tie Ping Gu cried out, and suddenly fell into Xiao Yu’er’s arms. Her face was burning like fire, and this fire, is spreading from the bottom of her heart!

Last edited by Jean; 07-21-06 at 04:05 AM.

WOW I never would have believed XYR to be so corny. ROFL

His words alone can make iron melt.

- Sigh - .....if this would only work in the real world....

The world would be a better place to live in wouldn't it

It doesn't feel romantic in the slightest to me, I wish they would get out soon.

Jean you are going great and thank you so much for the lovely translation.

A brand new chapter!

Chap 70

Tie Ping Gu has never been close to a man. The fire of her youth had been suppressed for too long, and besides, now that one is on the brink of death, the sensibilities are even more fragile.

Tie Ping Gu herself did not expect that she would fall into Xiao Yu’er’s arms, but now that she’s in it, she felt no shred of regret at all. She only felt Xiao Yu’er’s hands, already slowly hugging her shoulder.

Tie Ping Gu stammered, “Life, life is really full of wonders, only now do I realise… I do not know you a few days ago, but now… now…”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly asked, “Do you know, what am I thinking about now? The thing that I want to do most now is take a look at your face.”

Tie Ping Gu replied, “No… I beg of you, no…”

But the torch is already lighted. Tie Ping Gu used her hands to cover her face, she is blushing again. She stammered, “The torch… is almost used up…”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “The torch may be precious, but to be able to see your look now, no matter what precious thing that has to be sacrificed, would be worth it.”

Tie Ping Gu’s hands slowly lowered, and she asked, “Really?”

Xiao Yu’er said with a laugh, “What a pity there’s no mirror now, or else I would want you to know that, the way you look now, is so much prettier than the icy look you had in the past.”

Tie Ping Gu’s eyes stared at Xiao Yu’er, and asked slowly “Would you blame me if we really cannot find out way out?”

“Blame you? Why would I blame you?”

Tie Ping Gu explained, “You would not die if you were there, but now…”

Xiao Yu’er chuckled, “If that’s the way, you should be blaming me. If not for me, you won’t be suffering like this.”

Tie Ping Gu said with a sweet smile, “I don’t even take myself as a woman, what more about others? Others may look upon me as a fairy or demoness, but will never look upon me as a woman.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “But you are definitely a woman, I can use a thousand ways to prove it.”

Tie Ping Gu laughed, “I myself know it now, so even if I were to die now, I’ll still be happy.”

The flame on the torch, slowly became the size of a pea.

Tie Ping Gu stared at the flame, her eyelids getting heavier, and said with a low voice, “I also know, that you’re treating me like this not because you really like me, but just to console me, so that I can have a final moment of happiness.

Xiao Yu’er laughed “You… you think too much.”

The corners of Tie Ping Gu’s mouth curved up into a small smile, and she said softly “But I’m still grateful to you, it’s just that I am… I am really tired, please let me sleep. Even if I never wake up from my sleep, I’ll be satisfied…”

Xiao Yu’er looked at Tie Ping Gu’s eyelids slowly closing, and can’t help but sigh.

Right at this time, there was a ‘swoosh’ sound, and there was a line of fat and huge rats, joined from nose to tail, running past them.

Tie Ping Gu was startled, opened her eyes and her body curled up in fright.

Xiao Yu’er was full of joy and said loudly, “You don’t have to sleep, we’re saved.”

Tie Ping Gu asked, “But these are just rats.”

XiaoYu’er replied, “Look, these rats are fat and huge, they certainly do not belong in the mountains. There’s not even a grain of rice here, so they can never have such fat rats.” Tie Ping Gu’s eyes shone as well, and said, “You mean these rats came from outside the mountain?”

Xiao Yu’er affirmed, “That’s right, this place must be near the brink, there must be a pathway nearby.”
    As he spoke, he was already walking towards the direction that the rats came from.

Luckily the torch is not totally extinguished, in a short time he found a medium sized hole, and there was a faint ray of light coming from outside. He immediately dragged Tie Ping Gu over and squeezed through the hole.

Outside turned out to be a treasure cave, chests of gold and, silver and precious stones were piled there. Although it’s not considered a lot, but it’s still a considerable amount.

Awwww, you stopped at the good part, Jean . Can't wait for the next part . XYE is such a nice guy. Much more interesting reading about him than his brother.

... Why is it that whenever XYE gets trapped in some hole, there is always some treasure at the end? Fabulous martial arts manuals, caves of stolen loot guarded by monkeys, now hidden treasure caves in the mountians...

I mean, once he figures this out, he will never have to worry about money, ever!

"Hmmm... Tie xiaojie, we are a little short on cash. How about you throw me in that well over there, and we'll be wealthy again once I manage to climb out..."

It's not just with XYE. All other heroes from Gu Long's & Jing Yong's stories experience similar lucks. When reading these novels, one has to keep in mind that the hero will never die if thrown off a cliff or trapped in a cave. There is always some treasure or extraordinary martial arts awaiting him somewhere .

Let's not forget through, XYE does not care about such things all that much, so it is not really a amazing luck for him to find these things.

To still be alive is his luck, and all heros have that luck.

If you want something chances are it will be difficult for you to find, but if you dont want something, chances are you fill find it easily.

Or more like the Mirror of Erised trap in Harry Potter 1, because harry didnt want that stone, the mirror gave it to him.

to continue.... and u guys had the same thinking with XYE about treasures and caves

Xiao Yu’er was stunned, and laughed, “I’m not money mad, but heaven always want me to discover some kind of mysterious treasure. I really cannot understand why there are so many treasures in the world.”

Tie Ping Gu held onto a chest, and suddenly exclaimed, “This is not some mysterious treasure. These chests have only been here for a few days, there’s not even a layer of dust on it.”

He lifted his hand for a look, and there really was no dirt on his hands.

He suddenly realized that on the cover of every chest, there was a piece of red paper stuck on it, and on the paper there were actually the four words ‘Duan He Fei’s Property’.

This discovery almost made him jump.

These treasures must be those goods that Jiang Bie He and his son had stolen, which were hidden by Jiang Yu Lang here. He must have thought that this place is extremely secreted, but did not expect that it would be found out by Xiao Yu’er. Xiao Yu’er was so surprised and delighted, that he almost wanted to shout with joy.

Tie Ping Gu’s body suddenly leaned nearer, and whispered, “There’s someone outside!”

They saw that a stone slab that is shaped like a door, there seems to be light streaming in. Xiao Yu’er walked over quietly, and really saw that beside a huge stone outside, two people were sitting across each other.

The person facing this side, was pale looking, and surprisingly it was Jiang Yu Lang. The one sitting opposite Jiang Yu Lang, was extremely large and tall, but his face could not be seen clearly.

Beside that huge rock, there were a lot of meat and wine, but neither of them was eating or drinking, only concentrating on looking at this huge rock in front, their two pairs of eyes opened widely, unblinkingly.

Tie Ping Gu can’t help but whisper, “What’s so nice about that rock, why are those two people so absorbed with looking at it? Could they be mad?”

Xiao Yu’er swallowed his saliva a few times and lamented, “From what I know, this person is not only sane, but his brain is clearer than anyone else.”

Tie Ping Gu asked, “You know him?” Xiao Yu’er’s eyes were still staring at those meat and wine, and affirmed, “Mmm.”

Tie Ping Gu asked again, “Then why are they staring at that rock?”

Xiao Yu’er smiled, “Maybe they are hoping that flowers would grow out of that rock.” His eyes finally shifted away from the meat and wine, towards the rock.

The rock was square and straight, nothing extraordinary about it at all. But in the middle of the rock, there was a line, and on the left and right side of the line there was a small piece of fatty meat. The eyes of the two of them were staring at the fatty meat, not moving at all.

Xiao Yu’er was also perplexed by their actions, and can’t help but laughingly said “I know that lad has no problems in the past, but now I’m not too sure. Could it be he has forgotten he’s supposed to use his mouth to eat the meat, and not use his eyes to look at it.”

Tie Ping Gu unconsciously swallowed her saliva as well and whispered, “If you know him, why don’t you go teach him.”

Xiao Yu’er gave a bitter smile and said, “How I wish I could teach him how to eat, but a pity that as soon as I walk out now, he would want to eat me. He can’t wait to eat me up.”

Tie Ping Gu sighed again, and can’t help but ask, “What about the other person?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “I still can’t see who the other person is, looks like…”

He has not finished his words, when suddenly a rat ran out from the darkness, up that huge rock, bit a piece of fatty meat from the front of the burly man, and fled with it.

XYE has a very full eye, he isn't interested in treasures but if he could find a way to return the stolen treasure, it would be great!

hmmmm....maybe they think the meat is poisonous? just wondering what jiang yulang is doing.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

GL novels are so strange compare to JY more realistics situation...

1st things first id just like to thank the translator for what else? translating this great gulong novel...
    and the other thing...
    im guessing jiang yulang is having some kind of bet with that ten evils gambling guy...