Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 2

wow aapnu that sounds like a really good guess to me ... hopefully its not a spoiler :P.

XYE should just do a sneak attack and kill that conniving weasel Jiang Yu Lang. He could save himself future headaches. Alas, XYE is too arrogant in his intelligence and believe he could handle JYL . I would have given him a kick to end his life long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    GL novels are so strange compare to JY more realistics situation...
    u should say GL novels are always so unpredictable, whereas JY's novels are predictable all the time
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

to continue........

Jiang Yu Lang’s expression immediately changed, and said with a bitter smile, “Fine, you win again this time.”

That burly man laughed loudly, “Now, you already owe me a 1.3 million taels. You should have lost most of your things over there!”

Jiang Yu Lang replied coldly, “Don’t worry, there’s a lot more.”

The burly man laughed madly, “I am having fun gambling now, if you were to lose everything so quickly, I’ll wrangle you.”

As he laughed, he sliced another small piece of fatty mean and placed it on the rock.

Tie Ping Gu realized what was happening, and can’t help but say laughingly, “So these two are gambling, the person whose meat placed in front of him is taken by the rat, will be the winner. This type of gamble, is really rarely seen in the world.”

Xiao Yu’er grinned, “But this type of gamble is very fair, no one can think of cheating.”

Tie Ping Gu asked, “What happens if the rat doesn’t come?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “If the rat doesn’t come, they’ll just wait. The more one is itching to gamble, as long as there’s a gamble, he won’t mind even if he has to wait a few days and nights.” Tie Ping Gu chuckled, “That’s right, right now it seems like they have gambled for more than a few days and nights.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Do you know who is this person who has his back to us? He is ‘Compulsive Gambler’ Xuanyuan Sanguang. If he does not gamble until he loses all his possessions and money, he would never walk away.”

Tie Ping Gu asked in surprise, “Compulsive gambler? Could he be one of the ‘Ten Evils’…” Tie Ping Gu was quiet for a moment, when she suddenly asked, “Do you know who the ‘Ten Evils’ actually are?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “You’ve really asked the correct person, there are really not a lot of people in the world who knows more about the ‘Ten Evils’ than me.”

He counted off his fingers, saying “Ten Evils, referring to ‘Bloody Hands’ Du Sha, ‘Dagger in Laughter’ Ha Ha’er, ‘Neither Man nor Woman’ Du Jiao Jiao, ‘Half Human, Half Ghost’ Yin Jiu You, ‘Does not eat human head’ Li Da Zui.”

As he said these, Tie Ping Gu’s body seem to be shaking a little, and her expression changed, but Xiao Yu’er did not look at her at all, but continued, “And there is ‘Mad Lion’ Tie Zhan, ‘Charm to Death without Compensating with Life’ Xiao Mimi, ‘Compulsive Gambler’ Xuanyuan Sanguang, ‘Harm others without benefit to oneself’ Bai Kaixin, and in addition the brothers Ouyang Ding and Ouyang Dang.”

Tie Ping Gu commented, “So according to what you’ve said, won’t there be eleven people?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “It’s because these Ouyang Brothers are never apart from each other, no matter what they do, they’ll be together, so they can only be counted as one person.”

Tie Ping Gu slowly lowered her head and asked, “Are these people really extremely evil?”

Xiao Yu’er smiled, “Actually there are a lot more people in the world who are more evil than them. It’s just that the way they do things are extremely peculiar, and they have extremely weird habits.”

Tie Ping Gu asked, “What do you mean by that?”

Xiao Yu’er explained, “For example, this ‘Does not eat human head’ Li Da Zui, on normal days, not only is he amicable, he can also be considered a talent in both scholarly and martial pursuits. But once his weird habit happens, he can even eat his own wife. Those who have met him, would never expect that he could do such a thing.”

As he said the name ‘Li Da Zui’, Tie Ping Gu shivered again, and was stunned for a moment, before asking gently, “Could it be that you know them?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Not only do I know them, to tell you the truth, I grew up with them.”

Tie Ping Gu was again startled, and asked, “You… do you know where they are now?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “I’m afraid they’re in the vicinity of Turtle Hill.”

He suddenly paused, and asked with a laugh, “Why are you asking in so much detail?”

Tie Ping Gu forced out a smile and said, “I was just curious, who would have expect that there would be such weird people in the world?”

Naturally their voices were very low, and by now Jiang Yu Lang and Xuanyuan Sanguang were so engrossed that they would have forgotten their own birth dates, so naturally they would not hear the conversation.

Last edited by Jean; 07-26-06 at 12:12 AM.

Oh no.. who is this Tie Ping Gu? That "Tie" surname .. could she be related to Tie Zhan? Thanks for the update Jean =)

Jean thank you so much - I think this novel is Gu Long's best (from the ones I have read that is)

And contrary to the above post the martial writer I find predictable is Gu Long (but this doesn't mean I don't like him, to be predictable is not always bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    to continue........

Xiao Yu’er explained, “For example, this ‘Does not eat human head’ Li Da Zui, on normal days, not only is he amicable, he can also be considered a talent in both scholarly and martial pursuits. But once his weird habit happens, he can even eat his own wife. Those who have met him, would never expect that he could do such a thing.”
    Amicable. Wow, big word. I think it is safe to say this is the first time ever I have been introduced to that word. Isn't "friendly" or "kind" a better word on the eyes, lol.

to continue

Jiang Yu Lang suddenly smiled, and said “We have gambled for seven, eight days, but neither of us have lost everything, aren’t you annoyed?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “Not annoyed, not annoyed. Even if we were to gamble for another three years and six months, I will still not be annoyed.”

Jiang Yu Lang said, “But at the rate we’re gambling, I am feeling a little annoyed.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang immediately stared at him with large eyes and raised his voice, “Even if you’re annoyed, you still have to gamble with me.”

Jiang Yu Lang laughed, “I’m not saying that I’m not gambling, it’s just that I’m thinking of upping the stakes.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed loudly, “When I gamble, I normally complain about small stakes and not large ones, the bigger the stakes the better. How big do you want it to be, speak.”

Jiang Yu Lang replied slowly, “The things you have with you, are obviously worth seven to eight hundred thousand taels, and now that you’ve won 1.3 million taels from me, then let this bet be two million hundred taels.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang clasped his hands and smiled, “Win or lose in one bet, this is hearty, but…” he suddenly stopped laughing and shouted, “I have already seen, in that cave of yours, there’s only two to three million taels at the most, and now that you have lost half, where else can you find so much money to gamble with me?

Jiang Yu Lang replied, “There is at least a million taels remaining in the cave.”

“Then what about the other million?”

“The other million, will be topped up by a person.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed madly, “You son of a turtle is worth a million?”

Jiang Yu Lang’s expression did not change, and replied with a slight smile, “I may not be worth a million, but there is someone who is worth a million.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang asked, “Where?”

Jiang Yu Lang laughed, “Are you going to estimate the worth?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang stared, “Of course I need to estimate, when it comes to the gambling table, even relatives would not be spared. Even if a son were to bet with the father, the accounts must be settled clearly, not a single cent can be less.”

Jiang Yu Lang replied with a slight smile, “Since this is the case, I will bring her here then…”

Behind Xuanyuan Sanguang, on a protruding rock, was a copper lamp. Jiang Yu Lang took that copper lamp and walked out, smiling at the same time, “Please rest assured, I will return immediately.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed, “I will naturally be assured, you son of a turtle’s possessions are all here, and you’re anxious to recoup your losses, it’ll be strange if you don’t come back.” He tore off a chicken drumstick, and chewed it with a drink of wine.

Tie Ping Gu was at a loss at the scene before her, and she suddenly sighed, “Once these people start gambling, their stakes are at least a million taels of silver, it’s almost as if their silver are stolen money.”

Xiao Yu’er grinned, “Who said these silver are not stolen?”

Tie Ping Gu replied, “Even if it’s stolen, that would require some effort. To lose everything at once, isn’t it a pity.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “This is called easy come, easy go, besides, a compulsive gambler would even lose his wife and son without feeling any heartache.”

Tie Ping Gu can’t help but laugh, “Could it be he wants to use his wife as stake?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Even if he has a wife, she’ll not be worth a million. What tricks is that lad up to, even I cannot fathom. There’s not a lot of people who are worth a million.”

By now Jiang Yu Lang has walked in with someone, the person pulled in by him, was slender, and is a girl. Only her face is covered by a veil, and it could not be seen.

now who could this mysterious woman be?

Hmm.. a woman worths a million? Well I kinda miss Murong Jiu so I hope it's her heh.

It can't possibly be Tie Xin Lan could it?

Murong Jiu sounds quite plausible.

Or could it be the third Missy as she could be worth millions as her father have a great fortune?

Jean, you are too cruel to stop at this part. A couple more lines and you held back Oh, I'm so curious as to the person's identity now! Hurry up with the translation. The wait is killing me!

I don't think it is 3rd Missy since it is obvious this person is a woman, with 3rd Missy it will not be easy to tell.

My money goes to one of the Murong girls (ha ahahaa in betting mood already!)

u guys are smart...

Xuanyuan Sanguang furrowed his brows and asked, “Why did you bring a woman?”

Jiang Yu Lang smiled, “Of course it’s a woman, if it’s a man, he won’t be worth much.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed loudly, “But the leftover goods from your hands, I’m afraid it’s not even worth a cent.”

Jiang Yu Lang replied with a straight face, “Although this lady have followed me for a few days, but I have not touched her at all.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang rebutted, “A hungry cat that does not steal fish, I don’t believe you.”

Jiang Yu Lang laughed, “If you do not believe me, you will know with a try.”

He placed the copper lamp on the rock, but this time he did not put it behind Xuanyuan Sanguang, but behind himself instead. The light shone from above his shoulder, shining right in front of Xuanyuan Sanguang.

It doesn’t matter where a lamp is placed, it’s a small matter, naturally no one would bother, but Xiao Yu’er can’t help but furrow his brows and mutter, “What is this lad up to, he’s bringing this lamp in and out, there must be a reason.”

What evil Jiang Yu Lang is capable of, naturally no one knows better than Xiao Yu’er.

That lady with the black veil, stood there like a piece of wood. Jiang Yu Lang raised his hand to remove the veil on her face but she still stood there numbly without moving at all.

Under the light, her face is truly so pretty that it does not bear any taint of the mundane world. Xuanyuan Sanguang and Tie Ping Gu, on seeing that face, was pleasantly surprised. Xiao Yu’er, on seeing that face, almost cried out in shock.

Murong Jiu, this girl is actually Murong Jiu. After she was chased away by Third Missy, she walked in a daze aimlessly and walked out of the city in a daydream. Others who saw her may think it weird, but on seeing her grand clothes, her refined beauty, no one dared to do anything bad to her. Who would have expected that this piece of news would actually find its way to Jiang Yu Lang.

He immediately thought that this girl must be Murong Jiu, so he immediately stopped all his current work and rushed back. Coincidentally he met a famished Murong Jiu on the way.

Jiang Yu Lang was of course not afraid that she would reveal his secret, so he took her along to hide the stolen loot here. Who would have expected that there would be someone behind him, and Xuanyuan Sanguang has already been following him!

When Xuanyuan Sanguang saw Murong Jiu’s face, he can’t help but was stunned for a moment, before he sighed, “A beauty, really a beauty, a pity that these twenty years, I am no longer interested in any beauty. You better take her away!”

Jiang Yu Lang smiled, “This lady may be beautiful, but it’s not this face of her that is valuable, but her status.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed loudly, “Could she be a princess then?”

Jiang Yu Lang replied, “she may not be a princess, but she’s not that much different from a princess.

Xuanyuan Sanguang asked angrily, “Who is she actually? Why do you, son of a turtle keep talking in circles?”

Jiang Yu Lang replied slowly, “She is Miss Murong Jiu of Jiu Xiu Villa.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang can’t help but feel surprised, and his expression changed, “The Ninth Miss of the Murong Family, how did she end up in your hands?”

Jiang Yu Lang replied, “She was harmed by someone evil and lost her senses and her way. The eight sisters and the eight son-in-laws of the Murong Family could not find her. I was lucky and found her unexpectedly.”

He continued with a smile, “Please think about it, if someone were to send her back to her sisters and brothers-in-law, how grateful would Qin Jian, Nangong Liu and the rest be. Would the appreciation gift be any less?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang thought for a while, and with a clap of his hand, exclaimed “Fine, I’ll gamble with you!” Suddenly someone was heard shouting, “It cannot be gambled!”

Oh My God!

What a cliff hanger!

Jean, you are merciless

Ahhhhh, nooooooooooo! It's at the good part! Jean, why did you stop?

Could it be XYE calling out at the last minute? If not, perhaps someone from the Murong family caught up? Oh, the suspense!

It's no doubt the Black Spider that follows her around everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitre
    It's no doubt the Black Spider that follows her around everywhere.
    that's true. i totally forgot about him. i hope they hook up. would make a good couple.

Actually, I will prefer her with XYE actually and hwq with Tie XL. By the way, xye have taken advantage of her also actually before for so many time .

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    Actually, I will prefer her with XYE actually and hwq with Tie XL. By the way, xye have taken advantage of her also actually before for so many time .
    I can't really explain why, but i prefer XYE with Murong Jiu too. She seems more interesting, somehow, even from the first time we read about her in her house.