Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 2

to continue....

With this sudden shout from Xiao Yu’er, not only were Xuanyuan Sanguang and Jiang Yu Lang shocked, even Tie Ping Gu was startled.

Xiao Yu’er was not anxious. He leaned towards Tie Ping Gu’s ears and whispered, “You’ll follow me out, whatever you want to eat, just take and eat it. Don’t ever be shy, I already have a plan to deal with that lad.”

Only after he finished his words did he stride out and say with a smile, “The friend who hid under the cesspool eating shit, could you have forgotten about me?”

When Jiang Yu Lang saw Xiao Yu’er, he was even more surprised than if he had seen a ghost, and took two steps back, saying hoarsely, “You… how is it that you’re here?”

Xiao Yu’er grinned, “I’m like a lingering ghost, sure to follow you son of a turtle.”

He was clever beyond words, and extremely adept at copying, so when he learnt Xuanyuan Sanguang’s tone of voice, it was very convincing. With a hard slap on his shoulder, Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed loudly, “If it was someone else stepping out from inside, I’ll be surprised too, but you mischievous imp, even if you were to climb out from the ground, I won’t think it any strange.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang was bending over in laughter, but Xiao Yu’er has already started eating and drinking. Murong Jiu looked at him numbly, as if she knows if, as if she doesn’t know him.

Jiang Yu Lang saw that behind Xiao Yu’er there was actually another incomparable beauty, whose table manners were exactly like Xiao Yu’er, like a hungry ghost reincarnated. He was staring at the sight, not knowing what to do at all.

With much difficulty, Xuanyuan Sanguang controlled his laughter and was panting as he asked, “Little brother, I have been gambling all my life, why do you say that I cannot gamble this time?”

Xiao Yu’er said through a mouthful of meat, “Because once you gamble, you will be tricked.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang asked, “I am an old gambler, that son of a turtle can only be considered a little gambler at most, how could he have tricked me. Besides this type of gamble is the most fair, no one can cheat, unless he is a rat spirit.”

Xiao Yu’er said slowly, “You said this type of gambling is the most fair, you have won a lot of times as well, right?”

“That’s right.”

Xiao Yu’er continued, “Do you know how you won?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang said, “I’m having a streak of good luck these two days.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “No.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang furrowed his brows and asked, “Could there be another reason?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “It’s because….” He deliberately took a glance at Jiang Yu Lang, and immediately said while shaking his head, “No, I cannot say.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang jumped up and asked, “Why can’t you tell me?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “I’m not in good health these past few days, I’m afraid that lad will fight it out with me.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang fumed, “If that son of a turtle dare to touch a finger on you, see if I don’t break his bones one by one.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “If I fight with him, will you help me?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “Of course.”

Xiao Yu’er smiled broadly, “Good, then I can speak assuredly.”

He continued with a grin, “You should know that rats are the most afraid of light, and would only show themselves at night. However once a lamp is lighted, there will be nothing they can do.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed, “I didn’t expect you to know about rats so well too.”

Xiao Yu’er chuckled, “Fish and rats, are in the same boat, and will get a headache on seeing a cat. Who else but me would understand them?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang was breathless from laughing again, and asked, “But this... what has this got to do with anything?”

Xiao Yu’er continued, “The rats here, must have moved in here recently from outside, it could be there’s an evil cat outside who chased them into the cave. Who would have expected that there is no rat inn here, if they were not famished, they would not dare to steal meat right in front of you...”

Xuanyuan Sanguang said with a laugh, “And it also requires me not to move. Anyone who can’t take it and move, the rat would not dare to eat the meat in front of him.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “But you forgot another point, just now, the lamp was behind you. Your body blocked the light, that’s why you won a few times continuously.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang clapped his hands and exclaimed, “Indeed correct, you are indeed a mischievous imp, that you can even think of such a thing.”

After a while, Xuanyuan Sanguang seemed to be enlightened, “I understand, that son of a turtle has now changed the position of the lamp, and the light is shining right at the meat in front of me. He calculated that I will surely lose, that’s why he upped the stakes.”

Ohhhhhh, someone's going to be in trouble now. Someone should just beat the crap out of Jiang Yu Lang.

Thanks for translating Jean!

that xy sure is smart!

i would never have thought of it like that....

thanks jean!
    ---------
    Shellie

this is the rest of chap 70....

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Exactly, not only can he win back the money he lost to you this time, he can cheat your money as well.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang felt fury and amusement at the same time, and said “If not for your reminder, I would have lost it all.”

Xiao Yu’er turned around and looked at Jiang Yu Lang, “How is it? Have I spoken correctly?”

The expression on Jiang Yu Lang’s face had changed long ago, but he still said with an icy smile, “If you must use the heart of a scoundrel to measure the intention of a gentleman, there’s nothing I can do.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “Jiang Yu Lang, you’re full of evil ideas. Others may not know it, but will I not know it too? Why are you still pretending in front of me?”

Jiang Yu Lang replied frostily, “I’m afraid it’s just that I’m down on my luck, that’s why I saw a ghost.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “That’s right. To have met me, you must have been down on your luck for the last eight reincarnations. Now that I’ve caught you red-handed, you shall follow me and explain to Duan He Fei.”

Jiang Yu Lang looked at him, and looked at Xuanyuan Sanguang, before saying with a lowered head, “Since things have come to this, I have nothing else to say, but…”

He suddenly grabbed Murong Jiu’s wrist and placed himself behind her back, and said with a sinister laugh, “But don’t you want this Miss Murong’s life anymore?”

Argh! XYE should just break Jiang Yu Lang’s neck. What a slimy creep . But I sense that XYE is more than enough to handle him.

Thanks for your hard work, Jean. Really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean

Xuanyuan Sanguang laughed loudly, “But the leftover goods from your hands, I’m afraid it’s not even worth a cent.”

Jiang Yu Lang replied with a straight face, “Although this lady have followed me for a few days, but I have not touched her at all.”

Wow, if what he is saying is true, Jiang Yu Lang was able to hold down his temptations. As weird as it sounds, quite admirable I guess. That is like someone having the winning ticket to the lottery and not cashing it in.

I think most guys given the chance would take advantage. Just ask Wan Chi Ping from ROCH.

Um... Maybe. Keep in mind that Murong Jiu is from a very powerful family, with a lot of very dangerous fighters, who have *very* volitile tempers.

The Murong family has already shown that they are willing to go toe-to-toe with Jiang Bie He over Murong Jiu, and he is a lot more dangerous than his son.

Jiang Yu Lang's restraint may have more to do with fear than with morals.

to continue.... new chapter....

Chap 71

Xiao Yu’er was secretly startled, but he laughed loudly and said, “If you think to threaten me with Murong Jiu, then you are wrong. Unless you do not know that she keeps wanting to take my life, so why would I save her.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang also laughed and said, “I have long lost interest in women, her life or death, has got nothing to do with me.”

Without a change of expression, Jiang Yu Lang said with a slight smile, “Since that is the case, why aren’t the two of you attacking me yet?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “I have no desire to kill you.”

Xiao Yu’er also laughed, “Friend who eats shit, I’m afraid I’ll dirty my hands if I kill you.”

Jiang Yu Lang smiled, “Since that is the case, I shall make a move. This Miss Murong, will naturally have to follow me.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “Go then! You took away Murong Jiu, there’s no need to fear that no one would want to settle scores with you.”

Jiang Yu Lang smiled frostily, “This you do not have to worry, if some one asks me, I’ll just say that I took Miss Murong away because I was worried that she will be harmed by you. If not for Jiang Xiao Yu, would Murong Jiu have ended up in such a state?”

Xiao Yu’er sighed, “Like father like son, you and your father, don’t have any other skills. But the skills of pinning blame on others and pretending to be good men, no one else can really compare to you. But you stole Duan He Fei’s silver, the fact is here, that you cannot deny.”

Jiang Yu Lang said, “What silver, my hands are empty, where are the silver. Now whoever has the silver, is the person who stole them, such reasoning is so simple.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang suddenly exclaimed, “Now you son of a turtle are trying to blame it on me!”

Jiang Yu Lang replied with a cold laugh, “You said that I’m blaming it on you, I’ll say that you’re blaming it on me. Why don’t we see, whether those in the martial arts world will believe the words of you, ‘Compulsive Gambler’, or me Jiang Yu Lang.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang was furiously stunned, and said with a bitter laugh, “If you son of a turtle were born a few years earlier, I will have no place in the ‘Ten Evils’.”

Jiang Yu Lang laughed loudly, “You flatter me, I am only…”

Before he finished his words, there were suddenly a few screams, coming from outside.

The screams were not only especially shrill, but long as well. The person who screamed, seemed not only to have witnessed an extremely cruel, chilling event, but also seemed to be suffering from a pain that a normal person would never be able to tolerate. The screams, jarring on the ear, are enough to make anyone’s blood congeal.

Jiang Yu Lang’s expression changed the fastest, and the most ashen. Dragging Murong Jiu, he was about to turn around and run out.

Xiao Yu’er shouted, “Since the person who came can make his men emit such chilling shrieks, he must be extremely frightening. It doesn’t matter if you want to go out and die, but Murong Jiu….” His words suddenly stopped, in the darkness, there were already five shadows!

hmmm...i wonder if the one who screamed was jiang bie he. that would be a satisfying ending

Five shadows...super speed...

Can this be where the Evils were sent? Ha Ha'er, Du Qiaoqiao, Li Dazui, Du Sha, and Yin Jiu?

Very possible that XYE is now on Turtle Hill (was that were they went?)

Gosh, getting so anxious to know what happens next. If only I could read Chinese

Actually, where is the chinese transcript of this novel? Anybody have the link to this novel in chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    Actually, where is the chinese transcript of this novel? Anybody have the link to this novel in chinese?
    I got the online version from here:

http://www.kuwang.com/literature/wx/...dsj/index.html

Thanks alot for the translations. wow I never thought the actual Chinese novel isn't that hard to read. Thought it be in the before bai-hua style and I'd be unable to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by KyNeS
    Thanks alot for the translations. wow I never thought the actual Chinese novel isn't that hard to read. Thought it be in the before bai-hua style and I'd be unable to read it.
    Gu Long wrote The Legendary Siblings in 1967. By then, he had discarded the traditional style of writing for a succinct yet artful "simplified" style that became his trademark.

More: http://wuxiapedia.com/authors/gu_long/life

So, Gu Long isn't really that hard to read.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Gu Long is far easier to read than say, Jin Yong. At the very least, Gu Long don't write long poems in ancient verses.

Jean, thank you so much for the updates

It is the best thing Gu Long has written (from the ones I have read that is)

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Jean, thank you so much for the updates

It is the best thing Gu Long has written (from the ones I have read that is)
    Eliza, just being curious. Are you saying you like this novel more so than Xiao Li Fei Dao?

Hm.. talking of Xiao Li Fei Dao.. Xiao Li Fei Dao is certainly darker, more mature, more melancholic. And Li Xun Huan must be one of Gu Long's characters who resemble himself the most, in my opinion.

But Xiao Yu Er tickles your curiosity, he makes you wonder what he is going to do next. The legendary siblings is certainly the more enjoyable novel to me, though not necessarily the better one.

Anyway, for those who have read the novel and have watched Jimmy Lin's version (I have not watched but somewhat knew the ending heh), may I ask if the ending is true to the novel? Thankss...

to continue..............

Although at this point in time no one can see their faces, but the eerily evil air they brought in with them, is enough to make everyone’s palm break out in cold sweat.

In the darkness, a series of continuous, hair-standing squeaking sounds were heard, and the five persons walked slowly over.

The first thing Xiao Yu’er saw, was their miserable, eerie, shining blue eyes, followed by their terrified expressions. The blood flowing from the five of them, seemed to be a scary blue. The five of them were all wearing long black robes reaching to the ground, their right hands holding a silver whip, but their left hands holding a steel cage, and that nauseating squeaking sounds, were coming out from the steel cages.

Xuanyuan Sanguang shouted, “Friends, who are you? Why are you here?”

His shout was as loud as thunder, causing reverberations all around the valley, and was using this shout to reveal his internal energy to scare the opposite party.

But who would have expected that the five men in black did not even blink their eyes. The eerie blue eyes kept flitting among Xiao Yu’er and the other’s faces, and they did not talk at all.

Jiang Xiao Yu had already retreated and was shouting, “The Ninth Miss of Jiu Xiu Villa and ‘Compulsive Gambler’ are all here, if friends know them, you better retreat quickly, any later and you won’t be able to leave even if you want to!”

He was quick witted, and on seeing that there’s something wrong with the other party, hurriedly used Xuanyuan Sanguang and Murong Jiu’s reputation to scare them. These two names are of some influence, besides, even if the other party is not frightened, he was using the names of others, it has nothing to do with him at all, so the other party won’t even look for him. The five men in black still remained unperturbed, their steps unwavering.

Tie Ping Gu suddenly cried out in alarm and pulling Xiao Yu’er’s hands, stammered, “Rats… so many rats in the cage.”

Several dozens of rats were in the steel cage squeaking. Xiao Yu’er may not be afraid of rats, but to see the several dozen pairs of shining eyes, a huge pile of furry rats, he can’t help but feel his goosebumps rising.

The leader of the men in black laughed and said, “That’s right, rats… us five are here only to find rats, nothing to do with humans. If everyone were to stay still and not move, I will certainly not offend you.”

His words may be polite, but the voice is even more nauseating than the cries of the rats. Xuanyuan Sanguang can’t help but ask, “What are you catching the rats for?”

That man in black said with a laugh, “Our leader only loves rat meat, so we were ordered to catch them, but all the rats around a hundred miles radius of here have already escaped into the mountains, that’s why we followed them here.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed with sudden understanding, “No wonder these caves have an exceptional number of rats, so they chased them here. And I originally thought there was an evil cat outside.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang’s expression changed slightly, as if he thought of a person, and asked fiercely, “Friends, who is your master?”

That man in black no longer spoke, but waved his hand.

From the mouths of the five of them emitted the sound of a bamboo flute, this sound seems like the whistling of leaves, yet it is not. The sound makes one feels dread and nauseous.

Tie Ping Gu has already covered her ears, Xiao Yu’er also felt uncomfortable hearing the sound, but his sense of curiosity is the strongest, and on witnessing such a strange thing, he only wanted to take a good look.

Xuanyuan Sanguang stared with huge round eyes, but there was a look of fear in his eyes.

Xiao Yu’er can’t help but whispered, “Who is this friend who loves rat meat? Do you know?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “Mmm.”

He seemed to have thought of a very frightful thing, and was lost in his thoughts. Xiao Yu’er was talking into his ear, but he did not hear a single word at all.