Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Unless its HWQ, that's the part where Tie Ping Gu will die... poor girl.
    Don't think it's HWQ. YNT and HWQ are together until the duel. They're probably drinking somewhere

to continue......

Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “Hua Wu Que, I did not think that you’ll actually come.”

The person who came is naturally Hua Wu Que, beside his ‘Shifting Flower Grafting Jade’ martial arts, who else can make the four of them hit themselves.

On seeing him, Xiao Yu’er naturally heaved a sigh of relief. On seeing him, Jiang Yu Lang was also very happy, thinking that Hua Wu Que is saving Xiao Yu’er so that he can kill him personally.

Hua Wu Que’s whip danced about, chasing all the rats on Xiao Yu’er’s body away.

The five men in black were all shocked stiff, their tongues tied, and looking at Hua Wu Que numbly, not daring to lash out with the whips on their hands.

The leader of the men in black asked dazedly, “Who might friend be? Why are you interfering?”

Hua Wu Que replied calmly, “Even if you do not know me, shouldn’t you know my martial arts?”

The man in black thought for a while, and his expression changed, “Shifting… Shifting Flower Grafting Jade.” The man in black stamped his feet and exclaimed, “Since the people from Floral Palace are here, I can only take my leave.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “You’ve caused my body to be full of rat droppings, and you’re thinking of leaving now?”

That man in black said with an icy smile, “I’m afraid it’s not up to you to say such words, just based on you… humph!” Hua Wu Que asked, “Are you looking down on him?”

Hua Wu Que smiled slightly and said, “Since that is the case, without the help from rats, why don’t you have another fight with him. It doesn’t matter if the five of you attack together, I will not strike.”

The man in black sniggered, “If you do not strike, this lad…”

Before he could finish his words, Xiao Yu’er had already struck out with his fist. He obviously saw Xiao Yu’er’s punch coming towards him, but he just could not dodge it. Before he could even flick his whip, his body was already flying out from the punch.

The other four men in black pounced at the same time, but Xiao Yu’er made a few false moves and in a short moment the five were staggering from his beatings, their faces bruised. Hua Wu Que said with a slight smile, “Do you know his capability now?”

None of the five men in black could speak at this point in time, they were all lying on the ground, unable to get up. Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “I did not expect you to be worse than rats, can’t even take a beating.” The men in black dare not reply, nor move.

Xuanyuan Sanguang kept making eye and hand signals at Xiao Yu’er, his intention to ask Xiao Yu’er to let them go. Xiao Yu’er furrowed his brows and said, “My hands are not painful anymore, stand up quickly.”

Not only did the men in black not stand up, but their bodies huddled up into a ball instead.

Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly and said, “Five adults, and you still have the cheek to laze on the ground, don’t tell me you’re waiting for your Teacher’s Wife to come and carry you up?”

The men in black were originally trembling, but now they were not moving at all.

Xuanyuan Sanguang hurriedly made his way over, dragged a man up, with with only one look, his expression changed. He slowly put the man in black down and sighed, “I’m afraid they will never be able to stand.”

Once Xuanyuan Sanguang touched their bodies, fresh blood oozed out from their mouths, noses, eyes and ears, and even those blood were a scary blue.

Last edited by Jean; 08-09-06 at 07:16 PM.

My bad, so it really is HWQ. Where is YNT then?

to continue......

Xiao Yu’er was stunned, “The five of them only suffered a few punches, don’t tell me they’re so upset they had to commit suicide?”

Hua Wu Que said with furrowed brows, “Maybe they thought that you would not let them off, so they…”

Xiao Yu’er stamped his feet and exclaimed, “Even if they made my body to be full of rat droppings, I won’t kill them. Could these people have eaten too many rat meat, and became as narrow minded as rats.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang said with a bitter laugh, “These son of turtles died just like that, and they died really quickly.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “That’s right, could it be they hid poison in their mouths, ever ready to die.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang furrowed his brows and squatted, turning over the mouth of the man in black. Immediately there was a ghastly blue liquid as think as ink flowed out from his mouth, emitting a nauseating stink.

Xuanyuan Sanguang sighed, “You’re right, these bastards actually hid the poison in their teeth.”

Xiao Yu’er said with furrowed brows, “But why do they want to commit suicide? I have no intention of killing them, or forcing them to talk, could it be that they’re tired of living?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang searched the body of the man in black and only found a few taels of silver and nothing else, not even a handkerchief.

These people actually did not bring anything with them except for silver.

Xuanyuan Sanguang thought for a moment, and suddenly tore the body’s clothes, and exclaimed hoarsely, “The matter that you cannot understand, the answer is right here.”

On the chest of the man in black, were surprisingly ten large words.

These ten ghastly blue words seemed to be burned using phosphorus, and almost burnt to the bone, the scar embedded deeply in the flesh, so that there is no way it can be removed. The ten words are, ‘The followers of Wu Ya, rather be killed than humiliated’.

Xiao Yu’er muttered, “The followers of Toothless Gate, rather be killed than humiliated… what kind of a daft meaning is this?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang sighed, “This means that when they cannot defeat others, they should kill themselves quickly so that they will not disgrace their master. If they do not commit suicide now, their deaths would be ten times more horrible when they go back.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “You mean they were afraid of their master’s torture when they return, that’s why they’d rather commit suicide now, correct?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang affirmed, “Exactly.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “But they got a beating here, their master doesn’t know at all, as long as they don’t say it out, would I have said it out instead?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “These son of turtles may be measuring the actions of a gentleman with the heart of a scoundrel, and thought that you…”

Hua Wu Que suddenly interrupted, “That is not the reason.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “What would you say is the reason?”

Hua Wu Que slowly replied, “When I saw them, there were originally seven of them.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang clapped his hands, “That’s right, the five of them came in, and left two in a secret place. That two saw that the situation was not right, and might have slipped away secretly. The five of them deduced that they would surely return to report, so instead of suffering at a later time, they might as well have a clean death now.”

Xiao Yu’er stared at Hua Wu Que, “When you came in, didn’t you see the other two?”

Hua Wu Que said with a bitter smile, “I heard your shouts and dashed immediately in, I did not notice anything else.”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly slapped his own head and shouted, “Oh no, we’ve actually been muddled by these stupid rats that five, six living humans slipped away from us without us actually knowing.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang glanced around and also exclaimed hoarsely, “That’s right, that little bastard Jiang has slipped off.”

Last edited by Jean; 08-16-06 at 05:00 AM.

Thank you so much Jean.

The part in which the rats attacked XYE made my skin crawl.

Now JYL has sneaked away, he will certainly inform his father about what happened - at least they can return the treasure to its rightful owner.

the end of chap 71....

Xiao Yu’er stamped his feet and said, “When you came in, I still saw him, at that time he seemed to look very happy, thinking that you’re here to kill me. Later he must have realized that the situation is not right so he immediately escaped… ai, this lad has always been an imp, I should have specifically kept a close watch on him.”

Hua Wu Que was silent for a moment, and with a small smile, said, “It might be good that he left on his own accord.”

Xiao Yu’er stared at him “You saw him earlier, right?”

Hua Wu Que replied, “I seemed to have caught a glance.”

“But you still let him leave.”

Hua Wu Que sighed, “No matter what we were once acquainted…”

Xiao Yu’er shouted, “Then why did you let him take Murong Jiu with him?”

Ah Jean! Why such a short update?

Not to complain, but... but... I want to know what happens next...

hehehe... joking aside, thank you very much for that teaser. I always get excited seeing your name = update

heh heh... got more coming up....

Chap 72

Hua Wu Que heard Xiao Yu’er mention that Murong Jiu had already been taken away by Jiang Yu Lang and can’t help but feel startled, “Miss Murong?…. Was Miss Murong with him as well?”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “You… you didn’t see her?”

Hua Wu Que was stumped, and replied “I only saw a girl next to him, but I didn’t think she would be Miss Murong. At that time I was only concerned about you, and the light here is so dim, I did not take a clear look at her face.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang suddenly slapped Xiao Yu’er’s shoulder and said, “But the girl who came out with you would slip away as well?”

Xiao Yu’er furrowed his brow, “That’s right! Why did she slip away as well? Could it be she’s afraid of seeing Hua Wu Que?”

Hua wu Que asked, “Who is this girl?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Her name is Tie Ping Gu…. Do you know her?”

“I’ve never even heard of this name.”

Xiao Yu’er tapped his head with his finger and mused, “Since you do not recognise her, why did she escape? I really cannot fathom…”

Tie Ping Gu really did have a reason, and her reason is extremely valid.

Hua Wu Que knew her originally, he have not heard of the name ‘Tie Ping Gu’, is because her name was not Tie Ping Gu then. Tie Ping Gu would naturally recognize Hua Wu Que.

Once she saw Hua Wu Que, her expression immediately changed and turned her head instantly, until she was sure that Hua Wu Que did not notice her did she slip away with the greatest speed.

By now it’s close to dusk, the setting sun lighting up the sky, reflecting on the lush green mountain, the slight breeze carried a fragrance. Tie Ping Gu took a deep breath, and could not describe how she felt.

For over ten years, this is the first time she got her freedom, the first time she could stand on her own. She can do whatever she wants, can go wherever she wants. But instead she does not know what to do. Jiang Yu Lang followed her and slipped out. He was originally happy when he saw Hua Wu Que, but he saw that the way Hua Wu Que looked at Xiao Yu’er had changed and immediately felt that things were not right.

Jiang Yu Lang also felt strange that Tie Ping Gu would slip away. Once Tie Ping Gu revealed her skills, Jiagn Yu Lang was even more surprised.

This young girls excellent lightness skill may be surprising, but the weirdest thing is in the way that she flew, with a uniquely dignified pose, which bears some semblance to Hua Wu Que’s extraordinary moves.

Jiang Yu Lang’s eyes immediately narrowed. He was surprised, bewildered, and with a roll of his eyes, he immediately dragged Murong Jiu and gave chase.

Jiang Yu Lang will never let any opportunity go, but he did not realize that, the praying mantis is hunting the cicada, but the canary is right behind. There were two more people following him.

The plot thickens...

Jean, thank you so much for the update.

too many things happening! my brain is full of questions. oh, gu long really knows how to make things suspenseful! i knew there was something fishy about that Tie Ping Gu girl.

jean, you are the best

Thanks you for your your hard work Jean! As for Tie Ping Gu being fishy, i dont see anything wrong with her. I believe she ran away because of HWQ. I mean he is from the Floral Palace so she got scared.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Fishy as in she used a fake name. Hence HWQ did not recognize her. She could have thought ahead and lied to XYE in case he talked to someone from the Floral Palace. Still, I have a feeling she's holding some secrets. As with most of Gu Long's characters, there is always more than meets the eye

to continue............

By the time Xiao Yu’er, Hua Wu Que and Xuanyuan Sanguang came out, besides a few bodies, there was not a living being there.

Xiao Yu’er looked at the bodies and sighed, “These people may have been brought here by Jiang Yu Lang, but Jiang Yu Lang could abandon and not bother about them, but we…”

Xuanyuan Sanguang said, “You don’t have to bother about such things, burying the dead, is my expertise.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Then what do you want me to do?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang sighed, “You have to make preparations to deal with someone you’ve never met before, the most poisonous, evil, nauseating and also the most headache inducing enemy.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Are you referring to that toothless (Wu Ya) lad!”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “I am referring exactly to Wei Wu Ya.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “I did not kill those five people.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang retorted, “Do you think he’s very reasonable! As long as you have some brush against his men, he’ll never finish with you.”

Xiao Yu’er took a deep breath and said, “You’ve made this ‘toothless’ person out to be so formidable, who is he exactly!”

Xuanyuan Sanguang asked, “Have you heard of the name ‘Twelve Zodiacs’! He is the Rat in the Twelve Zodiacs…”

Xiao Yu’er guffawed, “I thought who you were referring to, so it’s the Twelve Zodiacs… I’ve also had my fair share of experiences with those in the Twelve Zodiacs, but they can’t seem to do anything to me.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “The reason why the Twelve Zodiacs became famous, is because of Wei Wu Ya. When they were at the peak of their fame, when people in the martial arts realm hear of the words ‘Twelve Zodiacs’, they won’t be able to sleep at night. At that time I’m afraid you were not even born.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Looking at the way you say it, I’m lucky that I was not born early.”

Xuanyuan Sanguang continued, “Don’t talk about others, even us ‘Ten Evils’, even though we’re not afraid of anything, but when we hear the three words ‘Wei Wu Ya’, we’ll still get a headache for a few days.”

Only now was Xiao Yu’er moved, and said, “A character that can cause even the Ten Evils to have headaches, he must be of some calibre.”

Hua Wu Que suddenly said, “I’ve heard of this name as well.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Could it be that Floral Palace is also having headaches over him.”

Hua Wu Que replied slowly, “When I left the Palace, my Teacher wants me to specially take note of two people, one of which is Wei Wu Ya.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “What about the other one?”

Hua Wu Que replied with a bitter smile, “Another person is Yan Nan Tian, Hero Yan.”

Xiao Yu’er was silent for a moment before asking, “Where is he now?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “The Twelve Zodiacs could not raise their heads high these recent years, is because Wei Wu Ya suddenly disappeared ten over years ago. Some said he was injured by the Floral Palace Princess, so he went into hiding. Others said that he was practicing a mysterious form of martial arts, so he did not wish to see others….”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Where do you think… he will hide himself?”

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied with a sigh, “If he wants to hide, I’m afraid even ghosts won’t be able to find him.”

Xiao yu’er furrowed his brows and mumbled, “Could it be that he’s hiding at Turtle Hill… the person those ‘Harm others without benefit to oneself’ brothers said before they died, could it be him…”

He suddenly slapped Xuanyuan Sanguang’s shoulders and asked with a smile, “After you bury the dead, what else are you thinking of doing?”

Oh joy! Another adventure! So excited and at the same time, nervous. Getting good. Can't wait for So Ying to come out . I'd also like to see the power of this Rat guy. Obviously, he can't compare to YNT or the 2 princesses.

If follow Jimmy's version, Wei Wu Ya went into hiding becoz he was defeated by Princess Yao Yue. I hope it will happen in the novel too

And Wei Wu Ya die in Yao Yue's hands this time

Keep those spoilers going, how about a plot summary?

Dendroid King:
    Please edit your post to remove the spoilers. I'm sure many first-time readers of the story do not want spoilers. I also know some of the story from watching the TV adaptations but many others have not.

Great update, keep it coming!

I'm even more curious now!

This rat person seemes to be very intimidating.

Thank you so much for the update Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    heh heh... got more coming up....

Jiang Yu Lang also felt strange that Tie Ping Gu would slip away. Once Tie Ping Gu revealed her skills, Jiagn Yu Lang was even more surprised.

This young girls excellent lightness skill may be surprising, but the weirdest thing is in the way that she flew, with a uniquely dignified pose, which bears some semblance to Hua Wu Que’s extraordinary moves.

Jiang Yu Lang’s eyes immediately narrowed. He was surprised, bewildered, and with a roll of his eyes, he immediately dragged Murong Jiu and gave chase.

How about Tie Ping Gu's martial arts? how powerful is it?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear
    Dendroid King:
    Please edit your post to remove the spoilers. I'm sure many first-time readers of the story do not want spoilers. I also know some of the story from watching the TV adaptations but many others have not.

Great update, keep it coming!
    I dun understand what u mean. If it is from the novel, there are no spoilers becoz I dunno. And if from tv show, what is wrong with that?