Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    I dun understand what u mean. If it is from the novel, there are no spoilers becoz I dunno. And if from tv show, what is wrong with that?
    I have not watch the TV show nor have I read the book.
    I do not want to know anything until I read the translation. So please do not post bits and pieces in advance.
    Do you understand now?

I feel the same way Thor. I generally don't even read the thread comments of translations that I am reading. That way the story doesn't get spoiled for me. That is my personal way of avoiding any unnecessary surprises
    --=={Grundle}==--

ok guys, relax.... anyway I find that TV adaptations, especially taiwanese ones are usually way off the mark of the novels....

I've not finished the book as well so I don't know if the spoiler is true or not. I'm translating as I'm reading it.

anyway.... to continue...

Xuanyuan Sanguang replied, “I actually wanted to find someone and have a gamble, but once I remember that Wei Wu Ya has appeared again, I’ve actually lost my interest for gambling.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “Then I shall trouble you to send the silver in the cave to Duan He Fei, and tell Duan He Fei who was the person who kept these silver.”

He continued with a smile, “It doesn’t matter if you return him the silver and then win it back from him. Duan He Fei loves to fight crickets, and loves to eat meat, if you gamble meat eating with him, he’ll certainly oblige.”

Even if Xuanyuan Sanguang wanted to decline, it’s too late. Before Xiao Yu’er had even finished his words, he’d already dragged Hua Wu Que and left like the wind.

Xuanyuan Sanguang could only shake his head and with a bitter laugh, said “Damn, it’s really not darn easy to reject what Jiang Xiao Yu ask you to do.”

As Xiao Yu’er walked, he related what had happened to him.

Naturally Hua Wu Que was surprised on hearing it, and even he does not know what plans this ‘Mr Copper’ has, and can’t help but start to feel suspicious about Mr Copper’s background.

When he related what had happened to him, Xiao Yu’er also felt surprise, and can’t help but ask, “Since Hero Yan will only let you off after I’ve been found, then why is it that you’re alone now? Where has he gone to?”

Hua Wu Que replied, “I don’t know why but these two days, I suddenly felt uneasy, as if some catastrophe is about to happen. I’ve never felt anything like this in my life.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “The one facing a catastrophe the last two days is me, why would you feel uneasy, that’s really weird.”

Hua Wu Que answered, “I guess Hero Yan also noticed that I was looking a little out of sorts, so he asked me what I wanted to do, and I told him I would like to come out for a walk… I had thought that Hero Yan would not agree, but who would have known that he actually did”

Xiao Yu’er asked hoarsely, “You want to go, and he just let you leave!”

“That’s right.”

Xiao Yu’er sighed, “Yan Nan Tian is really Yan Nan Tian, really different from that Mr Copper. To tell you the truth, to meet someone like him, is your great fortune.”

Hua Wu Que kept silent. When he respects someone in his heart, he won’t say it out, besides, the person whom he respects is Floral Palace’s enemy.”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly laughed, “But you’re truly a gentleman as well, that’s why he’s assured. If the person he met was me, I’m afraid he won’t let me off so easily too.”

Hua Wu Que smiled and asked, “Why do you think that you’re not a gentleman?”

Xiao Yu’er was silent for a moment, and said slowly, “Maybe because I’ve never seen a gentleman since I was young, I don’t even know what a gentleman is like, and by the time I see one or two gentleman, they always disappoint me…”

Hua Wu Que smiled, “Hero Yan is still waiting for me, you…”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly interrupted, “When you see him, don’t say that you’ve seen me, all right?”

Hua Wu Que was puzzled, “Why? Aren’t you coming with me to see him?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “I… I was thinking of going to Turtle Hill, but he will certainly not allow me to go.”

Hua Wu Que was even more puzzled, “You want to go to Turtle Hill? Why?”

“I’m going to save some people.”

Hua Wu Que was stunned, “Could they be the Ten Evils? But they… but they….”

Xiao Yu’er said with a bitter smile, “They may not be good people, but I was brought up by them. It doesn’t matter if I don’t know about this matter, but since I know it now, I cannot not bother, besides… I want to find that Tie Ping Gu on the way as well. Her martial arts may be good, but she has never left her home, she won’t know the dangers of the world and could be tricked anytime. Since she saved me once, at least I have to save her once too…” He made a monkey face and laughed, “You must know, the feeling of owing a debt to a woman is never good.”

Last edited by Jean; 08-12-06 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor
    I have not watch the TV show nor have I read the book.
    I do not want to know anything until I read the translation. So please do not post bits and pieces in advance.
    Do you understand now?
    Errrm excuse me this thread is for the novel and like I say there is no spoiler becoz its what I think or anticipating. And there is nothing wrong with guessing.

This thread has nothing to do with the tv show so I can post whatever I like abt it. I think is that ur guys have to do some understanding not me. If u dun like it, dun read. Nobody ask u to read in the first place.

Dendroid King,
    please just try to be more considerate of others- saying what happened in the tv shows is kind of a spoiler because, after all, they are based on the books. speculating on what you think will happen is alright, but please if you have seen the tv series already and know what will happen please let other people enjoy the suspense. thank you.

It looks like Yu'er and HWQ are getting closer and will soon realize that they are twins - I hope it will be sooner than later.

Dendroid King, I think this matter can be resolved easily if you put Spoiler Warning in your posts - so people who don't care about that can read them and the people who read each post but want to avoid spoilers know when not to read

hmmm, seems like the twele zodiacs are not all one group of friends and have all different skills. For example, the monkey is strong, but he wasn't that powerful. However, how you have that rat that is not even afraid of the floral palace and might even have captured the ten evils.

arent the twelve zodiacs the group that attacked XYE's parents just before the 2 sisters from the floral palace arrived?

Quote Originally Posted by efflix
    Dendroid King,
    please just try to be more considerate of others- saying what happened in the tv shows is kind of a spoiler because, after all, they are based on the books. speculating on what you think will happen is alright, but please if you have seen the tv series already and know what will happen please let other people enjoy the suspense. thank you.

Actually the plot in the tv show is alot different than in the novel. So what I say that happen in the tv show ( its just one anyway) might not happen in the novel.

And yeah Eliza, its a good idea. But I hate to say that some people cannot understand the meaning between "hoping" and "what will happen". Case close anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    arent the twelve zodiacs the group that attacked XYE's parents just before the 2 sisters from the floral palace arrived?
    I think only 2 or 3 of the members from the 12 zodiacs attacked Jiang Feng & his wife. I could only remember the pig and the rooster. Was there another zodiac?

to continue....

Tie Ping Gu also doesn’t know if it was the fragrance of cooking that lured her here, anyway, she had entered this small town, and realized that she is famished. Although she also ate something in that cave, but when a person has been hungry for two, three days, how could her hunger be satiated be easily. The table which the dishes were placed, were shining with a layer of grease under the light, more than ten green headed flies were flying around the table full of dishes.

This kind of place, usually even if there’s an eight men carriage carrying her here, Tie Ping Gu would not go in, but now, she’d crawl in even if she has to. The way Tie Ping Gu looks now, really does not resemble a good guest.

Her face is full of dirt and sweat, her hair messy like a bird’s nest, her clothes dirty and torn. Even if she does not look like a prisoner who has just escaped from her cell, she looks like an escaped mistress from a wealthy family. A pity that she is also like most of the other people in the world, who only saw the dirt on others, but never their own.

There were only three guests in the shop, all were staring at her with big eyes, but Tie Ping Gu could not fathom why these people were looking at her.

The shop staff finally walked over and said with a forced smile, “Would Miss like a bowl of noodles? Our shop’s Yangchun Noodles is half a catty (about 300g) per bowl.”

Tie Ping Gu took a deep breath and said, “Noodles, I’m not used to eating it. Give me a roasted chicken, a plate of fish fillets, a plate of fried potatoes, half a slab of ham with the skin removed and steamed, add a little rock sugar, a bowl of bamboo shoots and mushroom soup… oh, that’s right, give me some of those braised vegetables on the tray over there.”

These dishes, to her, were really quite ordinary. She already felt that she’s doing an injustice to herself. With her voracious appetite now, she almost could eat a horse.

But the three guests at the side, on hearing her say such a long string of dishes, burst out into laughter. Even the shop staff was staring with big round eyes and scratching his head.

Tie Ping Gu stared at him and said, “Why, don’t your shop even have these few dishes?”

The shop staff said slowly, “We have these dishes, but our shop also has a rule!”

Tie Ping Gu asked, “What rule?”

“Our shop survives on a small profit margin, we can’t afford to be owed money, so all guests who come will have to pay first.”

Tie Ping Gu was stunned. Why would she be carrying silver taels, she only knows that silver taels are dirty and heavy, she absolutely did not think that they would be so useful.

The shop staff smiled a superficial smile and said, “A meal has to be paid for, doesn’t Miss know this rule?”

The three guests at the side laughed loudly, and one of them said with a laugh, “Why don’t Miss come over this table here and eat with us. We may not have roasted chicken here, but there’s still half a duck head left, you can make do with it and take it with wine.”

Tie Ping Gu only wished that she had never been born, never walked into this ghastly place. She felt that although it feels bad sitting here, but walking out like that would be an even bigger loss of face, so much so that she is at a loss as to what to do next.

Jiang Yu Lang walked in right at this time, he has really chosen a great time.

He walked to Tie Ping Gu and bowed respectfully, in his hands he held ten over shiny yellow golden spindles, saying with a smile, “Uncle knows that Cousin had come out in a hurry and may not have brought enough money, so he asked me to send some pocket money over.”

The shop staff was immediately stunned, the three guests at the side were stunned as well.

The most stunned, naturally is Tie Ping Gu. Of course she recognizes Jiang Yu Lang as the bad egg that Xiao Yu’er was talking about, but she could not guess what this is all about.

to continue.........

She could only look on as Jiang Yu Lang sat next to her. Murong Jiu is like a puppet, smiling dazedly, sitting down with him dazedly. However that shop staff became very cute, bending his back, with a smile, sending dishes and wine. In an instant, the table was filled with food.

Jiang Yu Lang used the hot tea to wash Tie Ping Gu’s chopsticks and said with a smile, “This braised vegetable is quite fresh, Cousin why don’t you just make do and eat some first.”

Tie Ping Gu now suddenly has a ‘cousin’, and she really doesn’t know whether to be angry or to laugh. However, Jiang Yu Lang really understands a girl’s heart. When Tie Ping Gu was at her most embarrassed, he helped her regained her face, so how could Tie Ping Gu not feel gratitude. After the meal, Tie Ping Gu paid up grandly, and she can’t help but feel happy about it. But as for the remaining gold, she is embarrassed to take it.

She has not spoken a single word to Jiang Yu Lang, and is still ignoring him now, and walked out on her own. Since Jiang Xiao Yu dislike this person, then this person must be nothing good. Tie Ping Gu walked in front, Jiang Yu Lang followed behind. Tie Ping Gu finally can’t help but ask, “What else do you want?”

Jiang Yu Lang said with a smile, “I was only afraid that Miss would find it inconvenient wandering on your own, so I thought to offer some help to Miss.”

Tie Ping Gu replied, “You don’t have to bother about my affairs.” She may be saying it, but her heart has already been touched.

There were people walking up and down the streets, but none of whom she recognize. The lights in the distance were getting less and less, the darkness even scarier.

She really does not know where to go. She suddenly realized that if a person wants to live a carefree life in this world, it’s really not as easy as they imagined.

Jiang Yu Lang did not make any noise for a long time, could he have gone? Tie Ping Gu suddenly realized that she’s afraid that he will be gone.

She hurriedly turned her head, Jiang Yu Lang was still following behind her with a grin.

Although she heaved a sigh of relief in her heart, but yet she shouted, “Why are you still following me?”

Jiang Yu Lang said with a smile, “The sky is getting dark, doesn’t Miss want to take a rest?”

Tie Ping Gu chewed on her lips. She’s really tired, but where should she rest?

Jiang Yu Lang’s eyes shone, and he smiled, “Even if Miss does not wish me to follow you, at least let me help Miss find an inn.”

This time, Tie Ping Gu is unable to say anything to reject him.

But once an inn was found, Tie Ping Gu immediately closed the door solemnly, and said loudly, “You can leave now, the further the better.”

This time Jiang Yu Lang was actually very obedient. Tie Ping Gu waited for a while and did not hear anything from him and laid on the bed, heaving a sigh of relief.

She thought of Jiang Xiao yu, thought of Hua Wu Que, and thought of Jiang Yu Lang… why is Jiang Xiao Yu at odds with him? He doesn’t seem to be too bad a person. But Tie Ping Gu is really too tired, and she slept suddenly.

Once she woke up the second day, she immediately felt extremely hungry.

There were a few times Tie Ping Gu wanted to ask someone to send food, but she stopped herself each time. The more she wanted to bear with the hunger, the more she could not do it.

Suddenly she heard a waiter outside say with a smile, “Master Jiang has asked me to send Miss your breakfast, will Miss be eating now?”

After she’s eaten, Tie Ping Gu finally realized how scary she looks now. She wished she could throw the mirror on the table far away, her whole body feeling numb.

Right at this time, the waiter returned again. This time he carried many pieces of beautiful and soft new clothes, a set of exquisite combs, expensive rouges, soft shoes and socks. These things, can Tie Ping Gu reject them?

When Tie Ping Gu has changed into these clothes and cleaned herself up, Jiang Yu Lang’s voice appeared, “I wonder if I can come in?”

Now, Tie Ping Gu’s stomach is filled with food sent by him, on her body is the clothes and shoes sent by him, can she not let him come in?

Oh this is bad, very bad. That scumbag JYL is up to no good. Oh, where the heck is XYE? Poor TPG, alone and desolate like this . I still think she's holding some secret. Just can't put my guard down. Am I being too paranoid?

Thanks a bunch for the update, Jean. As always, you're the best!

Yeah truly bad to see a girl like TPG falling into the hands of JYL.
    She surely is gonna suffer.
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

and the end to chap 72....

By lunchtime that day, Jiang Yu Lang naturally had not left, and Tie Ping Gu no longer had to intention to ask him to leave. Now, she only feels that she really cannot do without him.

This naturally is also a small inn, and in the small dining hall of the small inn, there’s only the two of them. According to Jiang Yu Lang, “That Miss Murong is not feeling well, that’s why she’s not yet awake.”

Actually, Jiang Yu Lang had sealed her sleeping acupoint, and wrapped her up in her blanket. She may be just a puppet, but Jiang Yu Lang is also not willing for her to come and disturb them.

Naturally there won’t be any great dishes in a small inn, but Jiang Yu Lang still ordered a table of food, and two flasks of wine, and said with a smile, “If Miss does not object, I’ll like to have a little drink.”

Tie Ping Gu did not reply, but when the wine came, she snatched over the flask, poured a huge cup to the brim and drank it up in a gulp. She only felt a burning and hot sensation, spilling down her throat, so burning that she her tears almost flowed. When has she ever drank before.

Jiang Yu Lang was secretly laughing on seeing this but instead he said, “If Miss has not drank before, it’s best that you do not drink, if you were to become drunk…. Ai.” His face was a pretense of sincerity, as if he’s really concerned that Tie Ping Gu would become drunk. Actually he can’t wait for her to be dead drunk immediately.

Tie Ping Gu lifted her head and drank another cup, Jiang Yu Lang sat next to her sighing, but he was actually extremely happy.

After drinking a cup of wine, Tie Ping Gu only felt her whole body was warm and comfortable, and felt like flying. By the time she drank the fourth cup, she only felt that this ‘wine’ is really the best drink in the world, and did not think that’s it’s spicy or bitter. By her fifth cup, she had already forgotten all her troubles.

By now Jiang Yu Lang is really pouring the wine for her. Jiang Yu Lang smiled and said, “I did not expect Miss to be such a good drinker, come, let me offer Miss another toast.”

Tie Ping Gu drank another cup, and suddenly stared at Jiang Yu Lang, asking “Are you really a good person, or a bad person?”

Jiang Yu Lang replied with a slight smile, “Does Miss think that I look like a bad person?”

Tie Ping Gu furrowed her brows, “You don’t look like one, but… why did Jiang Xiao Yu said you’re nothing good.”

Jiang Yu Lang asked with a bitter smile, “Is Miss very well acquainted with him?”

Tie Ping Gu replied, “Not too bad…. Not really acquainted.”

“If Miss were to find out what he is like in future, you would understand… ai, that Miss Murong, if not for him, she would not have become like that.”

Tie Ping Gu was stunned for a while, and poured another cup and gulped it down.

Jiang Yu Lang smiled, “With such atmosphere, I really shouldn’t mention such troubling matters.”

Tie Ping Gu suddenly laughed foolishly, “That’s right, we should talk about happier things. What happy things do you have to say, say it quickly. I’ll drink a cup for every happy thing that you say.”

What talent does Jiang Yu Lang have, if he wants to talk about happy things, he won’t be able to finish even if he talked for three days and nights. He spoke about one matter after another, Tie Ping Gu drank one cup after another, laughing as she drank.

Later she was still laughing even when Jiang Yu Lang had stopped talking, and even later, she couldn’t even laugh if she wanted to. She slipped down from the chair, unable to get up.

Jiang Yu Lang’s eyes gleamed, and tested, “Can Miss still hear me?” Tie Ping Gu can’t even make a sound.

Jiang Yu Lang pulled her up from under the table and felt that her whole body is so limp as if there’s not a bone in her body. If Jiang Yu Lang wants her to go east, she’ll go east, if he wants her to go west, she’ll go west.

Suddenly someone laughed loudly, “Excellent planning indeed, Brother, I am really impressed.”

Jiang Yu Lang was startled and he put Tie Ping Gu down before he suddenly turned around. He saw two people, one tall and one short, walking in with booming laughter.

Well, at least someone showed up to stop JYL from doing harm to TPG. Where the heck is XYE?! I'm getting worried now

New chapter!

Chap 73

The light in the little hall was very dim. These two people, one tall and one short, standing in the gloomy shadow, were actually emanating an inexplicable eerie feeling. Their looks were not exceptionally special, but the expression, the posture, the eerie blue eyes, it’s as if they do not live on this world at all.

Jiang Yu Lang’s heart had already tied into a knot, but he showed no expression on his face, and said with a slight smile, “Are the two of you referring to me?”

The short person said with a silly laugh, “I have also seen numerous flirts, play boys, but if we’re talking about tactics to handle women, none of them were half as good as Brother here.”

Jiang Yu Lang laughed heartily, “Your ability to tell jokes, is indeed marvelous.”

The short person said with a creepy laugh, “Now this Miss is in Brother’s hands, now that we see that Brother will soon have warm, soft body in your arms, won’t Brother let my brother and me be happy as well?”

The tall person said coldly, “What we mean, is that if Brother would like to have a good time, you have to give us brothers some benefits as well, or else…”

Jiang Yu Lang rolled his eyes, and he said with a wide smile, “Could it be that the two of you want a share as well?”

The short person laughed, “That we wouldn’t dare, just that since Brother has a new person, then the Miss in the blanket, you should at least give to us brothers.”

Jiang Yu Lang laughed loudly, “So the two of you really do know quite a bit.”

The tall person replied coolly, “To be honest, ever since Brother started following this Miss, your every move has been seen clearly by us.”

Jiang Yu Lang laughed loudly, “Marvelous, marvelous. I did not expect Brothers to be so interested in me. Please take a seat quickly, and allow me to offer a toast to the two of you.”

The tall person said, “Wine, we could use, but the snacks to go with the wine, my brother and I carry it with us.” He actually took out a rat from his sleeve, put it in his mouth and started chewing.

Jiang Yu Lang was stunned, and laughed, “So you are from the same place as that five friends, no wonder you are so well-informed about me.”

The tall person said icily, “Besides wanting to ask Brother to give us Miss Murong, we would also like to find out from Brother about something!”

“What thing?”

The eyes of the tall person gleamed murderously, and said “The three people in the cave, who are they really? And how are they related to you?”

Jiang Yu Lang beamed, “Those three people, one is named Xuanyuan Sanguang, one is named Jiang Xiao Yu, one is named Hua Wu Que. Since the two of you saw what happened, you should know that they are my enemies?”

That person smiled sinisterly, “Good, very good.”

Jiang Yu Lang tried to test them, “Those five friends earlier, could they have been….”

That person exclaimed, “That’s right, they’ve been killed by them!”

Jiang Yu Lang heaved a sigh of relief, and added, “So this means that, we have a common enemy, I really should offer the two of you a toast.”

That person said, “Very good, after Brother has drank this wine, then come with us!”

The short person continued, “As for this Miss, during the journey Brother could always…. Haha, my brother and I will certainly prepare a comfortable and large horse carriage for Brother.”

Jiang Yu Lang asked in surprise, “Where does the two of you want me to go?”

That person smiled, “We would like to trouble Brother to come back with us, so that we can lure those three people.”

Jiang Yu Lang suddenly laughed, “Your meaning, I have fully understood. Since the two of you are thinking of luring the three of them for revenge, it will also be beneficial to me, so why would I not agree?”

Last edited by Jean; 08-19-06 at 04:18 AM.

Jiang Yulang all of a sudden become the focus of the story. This is not good.

JYL is just a freaking coward at heart.

hmm how will they use jyl as a lure??? these guys are supposed to be cruel, so maybe they will use a "creative" way to lure xiao yu'er by injuring jyl.