Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 2

Thanks for the translation, Jean... it is keeping me really hooked. I hope the new job's going well, too.

Thanks kiffer, new job's ok... but I've been working 7 days week so that I can accumulate my leave for my hol next week.

I'll be away end of next week for a week, so there won't be updates.

And to cont.... which also marks the end of chap 65

Her back was towards Hua Wu Que, so Hua Wu Que could only see her slim body, and that long, lustrous, jet-black hair draped on her shoulders. Although Hua Wu Que could not see her face, but at a single glance, he could already tell who she was… Tie Xin Lan. Tie Xin Lan, why is she still here?

He did not expect to see Tie Xin Lan here, and he does not know whether he should greet her, and there seems to be some bitterness in his heart.

She seems to be troubled, and did not even realize that someone was here. The cool wind caressed her hair, which was as shiny as satin.

After a long moment, there was a long, sad sigh, and she muttered, “Flowers bloom and flowers wither, and shortly they will decay, is life not like that as well?”

Hua Wu Que originally did not want to startle her, and could not bear to startle her as well. He only wanted to turn around and leave quietly, but at this point in time he couldn’t help but let out a small sigh. Tie Xin Lan seemed surprised and happy, and turned her head around, saying “You…” She only said one word, and on seeing that the person who came is actually Hua Wu Que, was immediately stunned.

Hua Wu Que may be feeling troubled, but he still smiled and asked, “How are you?”

At this moment, he really could not think of any other words. Who would understand that in this little greeting of his, the amount of feelings that was put in it. Tie Xin Lan seems to be at a loss for words as well, and lightly nodded her head.

After a moment, Hua Wu Que added with a smile, “You did not expect that it would be me who came, right?”

Tie Xin Lan lowered her head and said slowly, “I see that you are not injured, I am really happy.”

She almost could not hear herself talk, but Hua Wu Que heard every word clearly, and felt a stab of pain in his heart.

He tried hard to make his smile more naturally, but doubtlessly failed. Luckily Tie Xin Lan did not see his smile at all.

It was as if she did not dare to look at him at all. After another moment, Tie Xin Lan said with a sigh, “I actually have a lot of things to say to you, but I don’t know how to say them.”

Hua Wu Que’s smile became bitter, and said gently, “Some people are very hard to forget, sometimes you may think that you have forgotten him, but once you see him, his every word and every smile, will all return to your heart…”

Tie Xin Lan asked, “You… you can forgive me?” She suddenly raised her head, her eyes filled with tears.

Hua Wu Que dared not look at her as well, and with a lowered head, said with a smile “You have nothing to ask for forgiveness. If I were you, I might do the same as well.”

Tie Xin Lan replied, “But I have really let you down, you… why don’t you scold me? Blame me? Then I will feel better. Your pity and understanding will only make me more miserable.” As she spoke she became more agitated, and finally burst out crying.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

thanx for the update
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Thank you Jean for the update.

Banned
    where dews kiss the first blush of the morning rose

Default thank you thank you

Thank you for your hardwork. I have been following this thread and truly appreciate your effort. You give me something to look forward to everyday and your consistency is admirable not to mention your translation is superb.

New chapter.... and will HWQ be in danger?

Chap 66

Hua Wu Que was silent for a moment, before looking heavenward and sighed, “I will never hate you, although I cannot be with… with you, but I will treat you like a sister for the rest of my life.”

He smiled and continued, “Also, I want to tell you, I have never hated Jiang Xiao Yu. He may be fated to become my enemy, but he is the only true friend in my entire life. If you… you can be together with him, I’ll feel very happy as well…”

Tie Xin Lan suddenly exclaimed, “Big… Big Brother, I will be grateful to you for the rest of my life, really grateful to you.”

She was smiling as she cried, and really doesn’t know if it’s sadness or happiness. Hua Wu Que also does not know if it’s sadness or happiness. He knows with Tie Xin Lan’s cry of ‘Big Brother’, it can never be changed for the rest of their lives. Although they might have built up some feelings, but such feelings has been totally changed by this cry of ‘Big Brother’. This cry of ‘Big Brother’ was uttered so affectionately, but so alienated as well.

Hua Wu Que looked towards Heaven, and finally could not help but heave a long sigh, saying, “I hope that he will not let you down… will not let you down!” This is a wish, a prayer, and also a pledge, a kind of self-release and putting his mind at ease… It is unlikely that anyone else can understand the complexity of the feelings in these two sentences.

But no matter what, now the both of them are more confident about their feelings. The two words ‘Big Brother’ is a like a wall, making them feel that their feelings will no longer flood over.

Tie Xin Lan finally smiled, and asked, “Big Brother, why are you here?”

Hua Wu Que replied solemnly, “I was entrusted by someone to come look for a person.”

Tie Xin Lan pressed on, “Are you here to look for Hero Yan?”

Hua Wu Que can only nod. Tie Xin Lan’s eyes shone, and asked “Could it be he was the one who entrusted you?” Hua Wu Que replied, “Yes.”

Tie Xin Lan asked, “He… why didn’t he come himself?”

Hua Wu Que did not reply, but instead asked “Why is Hero Yan not here, but you’re here instead?”

Tie Xin Lan lowered her head and said, “Last night, Hero Yan found me, and told me many things. He told me to wait for him here today. You should know, Hero Yan’s words, no one would disobey.”

Hua Wu Que asked, “What did he tell you?”

Tie Xin Lan’s face reddened, and biting her lips, replied “Hero Yan said, he wants me… me to chat with him first, and then…”

Suddenly a person could be heard laughing loudly from outside the woods, “Have you two young lovers talked, am I too early?”

Hua Wu Que turned around suddenly, and saw Yan Nan Tian taking large strides into the woods. On seeing him, his laughter stopped abruptly, he expression changed, and he bellowed, “Why are you here? How did you come?”

His lightning like gaze swept Tie Xin Lan’s face, and asked, “Where is Xiao Yu’er?”

Tie Xin Lan unconsciously lowered her head and said, “I don’t know, he said…”

Hua Wu Que continued, “Jiang Xiao Yu asked me to inform Hero Yan, that he can’t make it for the appointment today.”

Yan Nan Tian asked angrily, “Why can’t he come?”

Hua Wu Que heaved a long sigh and said, “He has been imprisoned by someone, I’m afraid his moves will be restricted….”

He knows that once he said those words, the outcome would certainly be unimaginable. Before he finished his words, Tie Xin Lan’s expression changed as expected. Yan Nan Tian fumed, “Who imprisoned him?”

Last edited by Jean; 06-26-06 at 01:37 AM.

thanks for the post jean. Can't wait to see what happens.

yep...hope yan nan tian starts fighting....
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Fight about to start....

Hua Wu Que hesitated for a while, but finally said, “An Elder in Wulin, whom everyone addresses as ‘Mr Copper’!”

Yan Nan Tian suddenly roared, “Mr Copper? I have roamed the Martial Arts realm for ten over years, I’ve never heard if a person called ‘Mr Copper’ in the Martial Arts realm. Did you make up that name!”

With a step, he was right in front of Hua Wu Que, and shouted, “Have you secretly hurt him, and yet you dare to come here and pretend to be a good guy!”

Hua Wu Que fearlessly replied, “I was entrusted by someone, it’s a matter of loyalty. Hero Yan only need to ask, and I will tell all that I know, but Hero Yan keep having doubts about my character, I…” Hua Wu Que said each word clearly, “I may not be Hero Yan’s match, but I must still have another duel with Hero Yan!”

Yan Nan Tian looked heavenward and laughed hysterically, “You still dare to say such a thing? You are very bold!”

Hua Wu Que replied calmly, “I am not bold, but I am not a coward who’s afraid to die!”

Yan Nan Tian shouted, “Since you are not afraid to die, then I shall grant you your wish today!”

Before he finished his shout, Tie Xin Lan had already rushed over, crying out, “Hero Yan, I know him. He is not a liar no matter what!”

Yan Nan Tian shouted, “Xiao Yu’er has already fallen into another’s hands and yet you are speaking up for him! No wonder Xiao Yu’er ignored you, you are also a fickle minded woman!”

Tie Xin Lan’s tears were bursting out again, and fluttered, “If Jiang Xiao Yu is in danger, Junior would save him even if it costs me my life, but Hero Yan said Master…. Master Hua is lying… Junior would not believe it even in death.”

Yan Nan Tian laughed icily, “You want to fight with your life for Xiao Yu’er, and also want to die for Hua Wu Que, how many lives do you actually have?”

Tie Xin Lan sobbed, “No matter how Hero Yan berates me, even if you think Junior is a… is a loose woman, there is nothing Junior can do ….”

She collapsed onto the floor and cried hoarsely, “Junior only ask that Hero Yan let Master Hua off. If in future Hero Yan finds out that he was lying, even if you tear my body to pieces, I would be willing.”

Yan Nan Tian laughed fiercely, “Fine! Since you want to vouch for him with your life, but a fickle woman like you, how much can your life be worth?”

This famed hero, already has a fiery character, and now that he is worried about Xiao Yu’er, all the more his anger flared, and cannot be stopped.

Hua Wu Que’s expression changed and he said, “Yan Nan Tian, I respected you as a Hero of our times, and have been tolerant towards you. I did not expect you to actually say such words to a girl. This kind of hero, heh heh, how much is he worth?”

Yan Nan Tian has already struck out his fist with a furious shout. Hua Wu Que also moved his body, and charged up.

Tie Xin Lan knows that once these two fight, no one in the world would be able to stop them. Once she thought about the injustices and grievances she had suffered for Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que, which not a single person can understand, once she thought about the hard efforts she had made, which only resulted in being scorned as ‘fickle’, her efforts totally useless…. she finally could not take it any longer and starting wailing loudly. Her piteous cries were even more heartbreaking than a cuckold who cried out blood. The energy from the fist and palm shattered the flowers, which dropped like rain.

This is literally a duel between the two strongest martial artists in the martial arts realm belonging to the old and new generation! This literally is the most earth-shattering duel in the martial arts realm in the last hundred years!

Last edited by Jean; 06-13-06 at 09:52 AM.

o yea..cant wait till next update...major fight

thanx for the update

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    o yea..cant wait till next update...major fight

thanx for the update
    there are no such thing as a major fight in GL novel, it is either finish in one move, fight in one's mind or someone nude in the middle stopping the fight

Doesn't quite make sense. Judging from the previous encounter, Yan should be able to crush HWQ in a few strokes, maybe even just 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    there are no such thing as a major fight in GL novel, it is either finish in one move, fight in one's mind or someone nude in the middle stopping the fight
    Lol!

I bet HWQ wont last long.

I was kinda dissapointed with Yan Nan Tian character here after seeing his temper and unreasonable behaviour. I thought after all this years of suffering, he should getting more calm and can control his temper well. Althought, his martial arts was high, but with such temper, he will easily been tricked or ambushed like the last time due to his temper.

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    I was kinda dissapointed with Yan Nan Tian character here after seeing his temper and unreasonable behaviour. I thought after all this years of suffering, he should getting more calm and can control his temper well. Althought, his martial arts was high, but with such temper, he will easily been tricked or ambushed like the last time due to his temper.

He is like this because he was paralyzed for many years since the death of his brother and he is feeling frustrated for that. He couldnt help his brother and for a long time he couldnt help his nephew (at this point, he still thinks he has only 1 nephew) and Jiang Feng was killed because of a woman's love/hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208

Oh yeah speaking on that subject matter, doesnt Gu Long seem to write a little bit more in the erotic or discriptive sense for certain scenes. And more so then Jin Yong.

Hmmm...does Gu Long seem to have a leecherous side to his personality...ROFL

Wow! HWQ is indeed a fine gentlemen to stand up for a lady like that.

I also think that this fight will not last long (and it will not be descriptive) but I want to know how HWQ will be saved from Yan's hands.

Gu Long is a very good wuxia writer but as far as the talent goes he simply can't compare to Jin Yong -to be honest today, no one can- maybe some people will start writing wuxia novels and someone who is better will come along eventually.

to continue......

The last time, they used swords, but this time, they’re only using their hands, but the excitement and intensity of this duel is not below that of the previous one! Yan Nan Tian’s fist moves were like his sword moves, sweeping with overwhelming power. The power of his strokes is incomparable in the world! Floral Palace’s martial arts have always countered brute strength with subtleties, and striking only when the enemy has struck. Hua Wu Que’s gentle and brooding character is also due to this type of martial arts, which he had learnt since young.

But now, his moves have totally changed!

He actually executed a forceful strike, attempting to attack at every opportunity! It’s because without this kind of moves, there is no way he could vent the anger he is feeling! This battle, is no longer entirely a battle for his life! It is a battle to protect the person he cared for most in his entire life!

He may be a gentle and quiet person, but Tie Xin Lan’s heart rending cries, have triggered the ferocity in his blood! This hot, furious blood, is inherited from his mother – his respectable mother, who for love, faced death without fear, and died smiling.

Floral Palace’s cold and solemn upbringing may have gradually turned Hua Wu Que’s blood cold, but the fire of love, have rekindled it! He suddenly felt that life and death is not really that important.

The most important thing is, he is going to have a duel to the death with Yan Nan Tian. He wants to use his own blood to wash the injustice that the person he cares about most has suffered, and also to wash the injustice he himself has suffered. The intensity of power of his palm attacks, seemed to have shocked heaven and earth.

Hua Wu Que’s palms kept attacking, straight attacks, diagonal attacks, side attacks, his moves were strong yet nimble, but Yan Nan Tiam’s fist moves were like an iron wall. Hua Wu Que could not even make a single successful attack!

His hair was in a mess, and the messy strands of hair landed on his pale forehead, but his cheeks were red from the hot rush of blood. Anyone would have thought that to use ferocious moves to attack Yan Nan Tian, that person must be tired of living.

His palm attacks may be as sharp as nails, but Yan Nan Tian’s fist attacks is like hammer, the heartless hammer, beating down on him heartlessly.

He only felt himself slowly suffocating, slowly losing his breath, Yan Nan Tian’s dance-like fists, seemed in his eyes to be growing bigger, growing bigger…

He knows that this time Yan Nan Tian will not let him off! But he did not give up, did not despair, as long as he still have one last breath in him, he will not give in even in death!

Who would have expected that Yan Nan Tian suddenly somersaulted, retreated seven feet, and shouted, “Hold it!”

He saw that he could have killed Hua Wu Que with his fists, and yet he suddenly stopped.

Hua Wu Que was surprised, and can’t help but asked as he panted, “Why do you want me to stop?”
    Yan Nan Tian stared at him with bright eyes, and said each word clearly, “Although I have never heard of this name ‘Mr Copper’, neither do I believe that ‘Mr Copper’ really exists in this world, but I now believe that you did not lie.”

Hua Wu Que said, “Oh?…”

Yan Nan Tian continued, “If you had lied, you would surely have felt guilt, a guilty person would never be able to execute such ferocious moves!”

Hua Wu Que was silent for a moment, and looking heavenward, laughed, “Don’t you feel that it’s a little too late to believe me now?”

Yan Nan Tian said with a deep voice, “If you felt that I have insulted you earlier, then I sincerely apologize.”

Hua Wu Que heaved a long sigh, “Admitting a mistake without trying to shift the blame, a hero of the world indeed, even if I want to fight with you to the death, I will not be able to strike now!”

Yan Nan Tian shouted, “But I will still strike!”

Wow...... what a fight...
    YNT is a bit strange isn't he...? kinda hot blooded...

TKZ for te translation Jean.

thanx for the update jean