Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no reviews for ROCH 2006 here?

Quote Originally Posted by bruzlee
    Andy Lau's version will always be the best. But ROCH 06 is right next to the very best, Surferket's intolerance of dissenting views nowithstanding. Had they fixed the editing problems, ROCH 06 would be on par with Andy Lau version. I would recommend ZJZ fired ROCH editor and find a better one next time.
    If im not wrong, Surferket did mention tt w/o the horrendous editing, ROCH06 would have been a classic. Oh wells, ZJZ would not only have to deal with the editing but the boring and inappropriate music, over-the-top CGI and HXM's YG before ROCH06 would be a classic for me. Just my two cents, pls don't slam me ROCH06 fans

BTW, i have not watched Andy's version in full, only bits and pieces. The only adaptations i've watched in full were ROCH95, 98, 06 and 95 is probably still my favourite adaptation albeit the fact tt they did not use child actors in the beginning and the rather rushed script. ROCH06 had great fighting cheoragraphy but was spoilt by the massive use of CGI and the scenaries were awesome though alot of it were re-used in many scenes (editing problems again i guess).

P.S. in reply to the topic, i may do a review of ROCH06 if i have the time and submit it to spcnet.tv (which i have submitted several of my reviews to)
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-12-06 at 10:02 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

You have proven that you are really lacking in grey matter and you suffer from serious comprehension problem.

Originally Posted by Surferket
    The problem with ROCH06 is that it could easily have been THE classic ROCH version, an overactive HXM notwithstanding. It was beautifully shot with rich colours, had almost great acting, the definitive XLN. What really ruined it and turned it into a piece of souless work was the editing. To the general watchers who had no experience of past ZJZ works and other TVB versions then they'd not notice the flaws.

Andy Lau's version will always be the best. But ROCH 06 is right next to the very best, Surferket's intolerance of dissenting views nowithstanding. Had they fixed the editing problems, ROCH 06 would be on par with Andy Lau version. I would recommend ZJZ fired ROCH editor and find a better one next time.

Surferket: And do I give a damn what you think? I wasn't replying to you. You don't even have the intelligence to know that?
    Last edited by bruzlee; 06-12-06 at 10:27 AM.

Frankly, Suferket, I don't see what point you have to endless provoke me? I won't back down from my comments, so you have to live with that.

Reply to sunnysnow, I won't slam you, I respect your points even though I may not agreed with them. The editing problems was what I thought was the problem in ROCH 2006, not what Surferket thought. Hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i agree with you and Surferket about the story telling...TVB focus a lot more on the storyline. You could get a better feel of the series and learn to like or hate each characters. with roch '06, you dont get the chance to feel that.

however, for newcomers...they'll enjoy the face pace/high tech/beautiful scenery over a good storyline...
    Hey Crazy, do you still have those old MVs that fans made on ROCH 06? would you be able to upload a couple of them if so?

Whatever is posted is fair game for comments like it or not. Don't need much grey matter to know that. To misquote me is to invite my response. Don't like then don't read.

Hurhurhur and someone got upset
    Better go drink some milk.

"Surferket: And do I give a damn what you think? I wasn't replying to you. You don't even have the intelligence to know that?"

I never quoted from you, How can I misquote you when I never quoted you? Don't put word into my mouth, you are just so pathetic, Surferket. I'm not upset but I feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Hey Crazy, do you still have those old MVs that fans made on ROCH 06? would you be able to upload a couple of them if so?
    wow, i guess people see me as a roch 06 fan since many asked me for the MVs/clips. However, sorry to disappoint you strawberry. Deleted them all since we have the series now. If you want to view the MVs/clips, there are tons on youtube.com. Just do a return of condor heroes/liu yi fei search.

ROCH '06 fans vs ROCH '83 fans...i cant wait for the next ROCH...LOL!!!

Hey dumb and dumber take a look at this:
    "Andy Lau's version will always be the best. But ROCH 06 is right next to the very best, Surferket's intolerance of dissenting views nowithstanding."

Familar right? But then again with your lack of grey matter I doubt you remember what you did 5 secs ago. Your sweeping summary of my "dissenting Views" is making a summary of all my posts on the ROCH06 and even sunnysnow saw your error.
    If you can't read don't pretend that you can. Just make youself look even more dumber when you misquote others.

I never quoted from you, How can I misquote you when I never quoted you? Don't put word into my mouth, you are just so pathetic, Surferket. I'm not upset but I feel sorry for you.

ARGH! i m dyin for lyf's next series. she is takin so long. grrr
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    ARGH! i m dyin for lyf's next series. she is takin so long. grrr
    you'll see her in HSDS in 2008/9...DOMD will be release next year or 2008...and HSDS will be film around 2008...and hopefully it'll be release by 2009...so 3 years from now...LOL...she'll be around 21-22...yup...still young.

wow, i guess people see me as a roch 06 fan since many asked me for the MVs/clips. However, sorry to disappoint you strawberry. Deleted them all since we have the series now. If you want to view the MVs/clips, there are tons on youtube.com. Just do a return of condor heroes/liu yi fei search.
    ok..thanks!

You sure or not?

you'll see her in HSDS in 2008/9...DOMD will be release next year or 2008...and HSDS will be film around 2008...and hopefully it'll be release by 2009...so 3 years from now...LOL...she'll be around 21-22...yup...still young.

If a ROCH83 was made of todays industry standards, it would certainly be a better watch.