Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Men in Pain 《男人之苦》

Default Men in Pain 《男人之苦》

i dont know whether this has a proper english title..but i translate it as "men's pains"

stars: damian lau, ron ng, louisa so, akina hong . Its a modern series.
    Dont know the synposis of the series..but its on my must see list

anyone know the synposis?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 06:38 PM.

when will this be aired? i bet it will be soon coz the trailer's shown when they aired the alternate ending of lfd
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

This will air together with Forensic Heroes (12th June) after Trimming Success

Seems like there isn't any English title for this yet, currently simply named as 'Pain of Men'

lol this sounds pretty interesting! hehehe
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default "The Pain of Being a Man"starring Ron Ng,Damian Lau,Wu Fung,Toby Leung

Credi to http://jaynestars.com/

"The Pain of Being a Man" will be broadcast on June 13th.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ronng.org/magazine/tvb/tvb468a.jpg')

TVB's new series, "The Pain of Being a Man" explores the sources of stress that men face, as represented by Ron Ng Cheuk Hei for the young generation, Damian Lau Chung Yan for the middle-aged crowd, and Wu Fung for the senior citizen male population.

Ron Ng as a Fun Seeking Youth

In the series, Ron's mother died when he was only 8 years old. Father Damian Lau Chung Yan raised Ron on his own, therefore spoiling him in the process. Ron becomes a pleasure-seeking youth who likes arcades, dancing, and motorcycles. But Ron doesn't have a stable job and entering his 20's, he is only seeking a leisurely life.

Stress #1: Getting Married with Pregnant Girlfriend

Since Ron likes motorcycles, he becomes a deliveryman for a pizza store, which leads him to meet and fall in love with smart student Toby Leung Ching Kei. After the two get drunk one night, Toby becomes pregnant with Ron's child. When Toby's father, Law Lok Lam confronts Ron about the pregnancy, Ron promises to get married with Toby.

Stress #2: Earnings Not Meeting Expenses

Since Ron only worked part-time before, his expenses were always greater than his income. After having his own family, he realized how tough it was for his father, Damian Lau, to raise him.

Ron changes his old habits and even works 2 jobs to make ends meet and pay for family expenses. He also hopes that his wife, Toby, will be able to fulfill her dream of completing her college education.

Destressing Through Dancing

Facing the many stresses in life, Ron's solution to destress is through dancing on the streets with his 2 friends, played by former Mr. Hong Kong participant, Pang Kuen Kei and Law Kwei Fung.

For pics n more info, go to http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...rticle&sid=361

the official english title is 'Men in Pain'

anyways i've seen all the trailers for this series. looks pretty good though i don't like Toby. they had attractive male cast (Ray, and Michael doesn't look bad too) in LFD but why didn't they pick someone prettier as female lead in MIP?

Oh..I think i am going to rent this to watch when its out.

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn
    the official english title is 'Men in Pain'
    Really ? i put "the pain of being a man" cuz another site stated so. Thanks for correcting then.

Yea.i kinda agree with ya on the female cast. I really doubt if Toby can pull off a great performance for the series. This is the 1st time she acted in a series,is it? cuz i've never seen/heard about her. And she looks ....just plain in the pics... or maybe its becuz she's not photogenic

i think this drama copy from a korean drama "wonderful life" starring kim jae won and eugene...heard before??
    btw,i think this drama will be quite interesting....wonder why this drama dont want to combine with le femme desperado and called "nam nui do ng yi zou"(men and women also not easy to become)-translation
    GOOD IDEA???
    in love with:

[hyun bin][kim sun ah][rain][ron ng][tavia yeung]

NOTE: "The Pain of Being a Man" will be broadcast on June 13th.
    The latest trendy saying in Hong Kong is "You have stress; I have stress too!" [The saying originated from an infamous foul-languaged middle-aged man on a bus, who is simply known as 'Uncle Bus'].

Men in Hong Kong actually have a lot of stress and TVB's new series, "The Pain of Being a Man" explores the sources of stress that men face, as represented by Ron Ng Cheuk Hei for the young generation, Damian Lau Chung Yan for the middle-aged crowd, and Wu Fung for the senior citizen male population.
    in love with:

[hyun bin][kim sun ah][rain][ron ng][tavia yeung]

^ I agree. It sounds like "Wonderful Life". O well, maybe Ron Improve . I only like him in RDOV

Default pain of being a man

its interesting to see how men get stressed as well..
    i hope it does well ratings wise like how LFD did...even though i havent yet got round to seeing LFD

First episode of Men In Pain is available for direct download @ my forum here. Enjoy!
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

wait, wait. i've been wanting to ask about that bus uncle. is that a true incident? or just a drama? i managed to watch that, and honestly i got so annoyed with the bus uncle. but i don't really understand that point of such video. can u clarify it?
    cherrie

lol, men in pain? nice title haha, im actually downloading this but haven't gotten round to seeing this
    cherrie

a little island east of america and west of europe

'Bus Uncle' was a true event, but there were a lot of parodies that followed it that were staged.

but why is that event made a big deal? honestly i think the bus uncle is really too much
    cherrie

how many eps are in this serie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    lol, men in pain? nice title haha, im actually downloading this but haven't gotten round to seeing this

Hey Cherrie..

I keep forgetting..how do you download episodes and what website?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAZNWarrior
    First episode of Men In Pain is available for direct download @ my forum here. Enjoy!

Hey metalzanwarrior,

Where is the download on your webiste...did you borrow and then put online...

I'm so out of date with technology...all this download stuff...don't even know where and how..

Is this series good so far?