Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 4 beauties of China

there are only 2 actresses worthy of such roles imo: gyy and shui ling.

yang mi may be worthy one day...she's still not yet fully refined at this point...and i hope to see her gain more weight.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

doesn't my signature say it all....?????????i luv alyssa chia lyf gyy and ruby lin
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

umm mainland only? i guess...

zhang ziyi
    gong li
    fan bing bing
    shui ling
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

In terms of four beauties, in this context, i have a different opinion to if it was just stated as the four most beautiful women. This particular expression make me think of the actresses that actually stand out most in ancient series.

In terms of the 'ancient' beauties the four of them for me, would be:
    - Lui Yi Fei
    - Shui Ling
    - Cecilia Cheung
    - Carman Lee

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i didnt think anyone could actually define ancient beauty....but in my eyes, the 'beauties' are..

Vicki Zhao Wei
    Shui Ling
    Gong Li
    Alyssa Chia
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Shui Ling ( She must be included in the List. Why? She was selected as Xi Shi in one of her series way back when and her appearance is truly classical. )

Gao Yuan Yuan ( To me, she has the elegance. )

Cecilia Cheung ( I have nothing to say about CC except that she's extremely gorgeous. One of the most beautiful actress I have came across. )

Liu Yi Fei ( Although somewhat young, I believe she must be included too because she has all the features of a Chinese Lady. Although Eva Huang is somewhat similar to her, I believe LYF is more a classic and I am really totally neutral towards LYF because I've yet to see her on my TV. )

I would love to include more into the List. Unfortunately, there are merely 4 positions as History had set. Otherwise, I would add Ada Choi, Zhang Ting, and Leila Tong.

gong li
    zhang ziyi
    zhao wei
    liu yi fei

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    True, beauty standards are always changing.. like fashion statements. I mean, .Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 and was considered a beauty... Stars today can't seem to go over size 2
    Shucks. I could have been considered a beauty in the past then....

Seriously for the 4 beauties (i'll try to pick according to descriptions and according to actresses' ancient looks)

Yang Gui Fei (the plump one who loves lychees)- Barbara Yung. (She at least had cheeks)

Xishi (the sickly one)- Phyllis Quek (Yin Su Su in HSDS 2003 for those who don't know, she is very beautiful. can imagine someone like her distracting the king from work )

Wang Zhao Jun (the unlucky one who died in a foreign land and had to marry her husband's son)- Shui Ling (the quiet elegance suits this character)

Diao Chan (the one who sowed discord)- Gao Yuan Yuan (her bright intelligence suits Diao Chan's schemes to bring down 2 top generals)

I actually like Zhao Wei a lot too. Unfortunately her period dramas' image were either cute (HZGG) or cool (that show with Wu Qi Long). none that showed off her ancient beauty.

Also like the girl who played Mu Wan Qing in TLBB. But dunno which 4 beauties would fit her. She looks a bit too innocent to play yang gui fei, not enough elegance to play zhao jun, not enough cunning to play Diao Chan. Xishi had to withstand a lot of pain and suffering as a foreign bride and captivate the king. not sure she can play the seductress enough.

dont know bout the rest but liu yi fei is definitely one of them

for me is ->

Shui Ling
    Fan Bing Bing
    Kristy Yeung
    Liu Tao

LYF? She's youthful to me that's all. No offence
    And Alyssa's Taiwanese

1.Alyssa Chia
    2.Michelle Yip
    3.Shu Chang
    4.Barbara Yung

Sorry if this is considered thread digging...just wanted to give my opinion.
    Only four?
    1. Jiang Qin Qin/Shui Ling
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/thumb/a/a3/436px-ShuiLing.jpg')
    2. Gao Yuan Yuan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/72652/normal_Gao-Yuanyuan-4.jpg')
    3. Yang Mi
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/85409/normal_24~0.jpg')
    4. Chen Zi Han/Chen Sha Sha
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/31439/chen06.jpg')
    Runner-ups: Sun Fei Fei, Shu Chang, Liu Yi Fei<--I don't actually think that she's SUPER pretty.
    I actually don't think Cecilia Cheung is pretty at all. Sorry, Cecilia fans.

There are a lot of beauties in China, but i think what we're talking about here is "ancient beauties" and even though i think LYF looks very average in modern clothing, she looks very pretty in ancient.

Chen Zi Han is pretty, as is Yang Mi, but neither of them are "ancient beauties"

1.Shu Chang
    2.Ariel Lin Yi Chen
    3.Alyssia Chia
    4.Shui Ling

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    There are a lot of beauties in China, but i think what we're talking about here is "ancient beauties" and even though i think LYF looks very average in modern clothing, she looks very pretty in ancient.

Chen Zi Han is pretty, as is Yang Mi, but neither of them are "ancient beauties"
    Oops. Sorry for noticing this just now....
    Okay, I'll redo mine (in no particular order):

1. Phyllis Quek (Guo Fei Li)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20050728/Img226481340.jpg')
    Is she eligible since she is Singaporean? 0-0-0, do you have the answer?
    2. Gao Yuan Yuan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.v420.net/Article/UploadFiles/200611/2006112785842608.jpg')
    3. Jiang Qin Qin
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2002-06-04/2_28-3-522-348_20020604132455.jpg')
    4. Alyssa Chia (Jia Jing Wen)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hiphotos.baidu.com/fairy8605/pic/item/ae8f1d979c54036854fb9617.jpg')
    Alyssa is actually a mainlander, right?

It was really hard choosing....watch as a redo it again, lol.

~red
    PS. My friend actually looked at LYF and was like "She's ugly". Personally I think she's average looking in modern, and in ancient, it depends on the angle.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

number one for me that pops up in my head is lyf. shes one of the few that has those angular eyes and still looks good. im sure i have seen some other actresses, but none of them have really stuck. another would be han xiao, but she is not well known at all. ill post a picture of her when i find one. shui ling should also be on the list. i can only think of three, i dont find any other actresses with the ancient look.
    1) LYF
    2) Han Xiao
    3) Shui Ling
    some people that i think shouldnt be on the list are chen hao, fbb, sff... they all have very large face/face shapes and eyes, and i do not think they are very pretty at all.

EDIT//
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2679/22833263482002052815125sx2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5323/22833263482002052815151qy8.jpg')
    Last edited by linger; 06-19-07 at 05:48 PM.
    ~
    .shu chang.
    Leanna, <3

Wait a minute. Is this a "Beauties of China" or "Ancient Beauties" topic????
    What is different of the two?? To me, both terms are very simliar though.

1-Carmen Lee
    2-Gigi Lai
    3-Shui Ling
    4-Angie Chiu

uhm...that's all.......

m not sure abt the anicent beauties but this age, seems to me that lots of
    China actress are actually v pretty on screen so i cant decide lol...

linger: Han Xiao is quite pretty/cute in the pics you posted. What series is that?
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.