Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Whould You Like To See In Mediacorp's TV Schedules?

Default What Whould You Like To See In Mediacorp's TV Schedules?

For me, I hope they would purchase subbed korean gameshows like Xman. Then I wouldn't need to see City Beat's clones (Dou Shi Da Fa Xian or whatever shit they call it) and stupid reality shows disguised in the name of singing competitions.

I really hate those stupid singing competitions. As if Singapore has a lot of singing talents waiting for them to 'discover'. The Singapore Idol 2006 is the most pathetic competition ever, even worse than 2005. You just have a feeling it can't get any worse.

Paying $110+ "tv license" (or else the Government agency will confiscate your tv, despicable scums!) in return for numerous re-runs of old tvb and local dramas, a pathetic grand total of 4 World Cup matches (Wow!), no "free-to-air" sports channel..

Oh, have I mentioned that our neighbours Malaysia gets to watch World Cup for FREE? First World Nation? My foot!

/end of rant
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

What would I like to see on MC TV schedule, you know... I could write a whole essay on this topic. Currently, in the midst of the World Cup fever, I would certainly like to watch more than the 4 pathetic games that MC is showing. It is a disgrace that we are paying shitloads for TV license annually yet they can't even broadcast an event that happens once every 4 years.

As for the endless singing competitions on TV, rest assured, it WILL get worse, Singapore Idol is not even down to the final 12 yet, the worse is yet to be. On a side note, what happen to be the previous winner... drowning in obscurity already?

Anybody caught today's news? Apparently some 'experts' were reviewing how Mediacorp and Mediaworks were doing ever since they merged. As expected, the reviews were raving - stuff like quality of shows went up, ratings went up, and they went so far to say that the acting skills of the artistes improve. Hello, are we talking about Channel 8 and Channel U? Give me a break, there's a limit to kissing @ss. Alright, I can really go on and on about how bad local tv is, but I think showing self restraint is a virtue Let's not get too carried away.

Back to topic, I would like to see more quality television serials on television, better storyline, better acting, better production and no more family oriented rubbish. As for variety shows, the producers should take lessons from their Taiwanese and Japanese counterparts, those two countries produce absolutely side splitting hilarious variety shows. Even their slapstick shows are funny!

Did I mention World Cup?

Singapore idol is a joke, is it me or is it even worse this season then the last? Given the small population base, they probably let in all the good ones the last time.

The problem is they launch it after American idol, so we can see a huge gap between the 2 standards. Top 28 in a pop of 5 million might seem impressive.
    But top 28 in a population of 300 million (roughly the population of united states) is a completely different matter. It's 60x harder!

Heck, some of last seaon's top 12 (in Singapore Idol) most probably won't even get through to through the first round if they auditioned in the US.

1st piano show - Damn, the guys were horrible. It was obvious that Paul twohill and Jonathon would go through. And even Paul twohill's voice wasn't that good as Ken said, Tthe rest of them either sang off key (amazing to see this at this stage), had no power in their voice, or just lacked confidence/ well too self conscious.

And yes Jonathon and Paul have a kind of aura/confidence, that evokes a bit of Sly in the revivial round and beyond. If you notice Sly in his first performance he wasn't good, horrible in fact. In the revival round (he was the last 2), after looking at all the good performances before his he decided he wasn't going to get through anyway, so he just relaxed, sang and lost his nervousness, and the rest is history.

The first piano show is probably in the running for lowest standard for an idol show for any country.

2nd piano show - The girls were slightly better the guys. And one thing I noticed like the 1st show, the better performers were generally those after the first 3/ last few! There were two or three okay performances. Rahim Ramat was clearly good, Gayle and Milly( i might be thinking of someone else) was okay too.

3rd piano show - On avergae, I think The guys in this show are clearly better than those in the first show. Again the first few were forgettable. There was a vailent attempt at Sealed's "Kiss from a rose" , but have to agree with Dick, there was no power, Sly did better when he did it , altough the original version is still tops of course.

I liked Roslan and Jay , Roslan did a passable version of Brain Mcknight's 'one last cry'. His image is okay, so he sould get in. Jay was okay too,, good voice and he didn't mess up the song.

I agree that Jay and Roslan are still a bit unsure, and are holding back, Jay for sure seems to be singing very very carefully , like he is afraid his voice will crack. For sure he didn't emote. Roslan also didn't do that well in this area, that's why Dick said it was boring, I can see his point, but I think he is expecting too much.

But at this stage of the game, where everyone is nervous, singing on tune, with passable vocals is enough to get you into the next round. No need to show off and sing Celine Dion songs for example so I disagree with Ken that they didn't impress. They impressed me, given the standards we are seeing.

Primeo has a different problem, like Roslan, Jay his singing is okay, but he tries too hard to impress... It's funny to see the judges critising him for trying too hard, when they critique the last 2 before for not stretching themselves.

The last guy in pink, Joakim? basically didn't sing as Ken noted.

Personally if i was in the competition at this stage of the game, I will go and learn to karoke a song *exactly* like the original. Quite a lot of people can do this for the less demanding songs. The good thing is that you will never go wrong singing like the original, but remember to work on emoting... (action , action but don't too yah yah)

Sure the judges might critise you for not being original, but at this stage, any song sung well even if it's isn't sung in a totally original way is much better than the crap we are seeing. Once you get in the top 12, then start worrying about being different.

If you look at the chinese version of the contest for students, that is basically what they all did, every one of them were *exactly* like on the CD. If you recorded them , played them back, most people couldn't tell it wasn;t the original.
    Last edited by Spanner; 06-14-06 at 09:40 AM.
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.

lol at all these idol shows... it will die off soon.

Singapore Idol is a joke. I mean, S.I. can't get better singers than Project Superstar and Project Campus did! And those who are actually good usually don't make it through, which is why we ended up with Taufik Batisah and Sylvester Sim. How lame. c.c

Oh I forgot. S.I. is looking for an idol, not singer. Now that explains everything.

And honestly, I would like to see more Jdoramas. Yes the Korean dramas are hot right now, but I think we've got too much of them on our tv. There are very good jdoramas out there too and with them around, at least we will be spared from things like the 'terminal illness' clichness.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 06-14-06 at 10:26 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Singapore Idol is looking for an idol... haha, Taufik Batisah and Sly Sim certainly do not strike me as idol materials. Indeed Singapore Idol is a joke, those who really can sing and have a shred of dignity left in them wouldn't join SI and make a fool of themselves on national tv.

As for the dramas, the kdramas overload is killing me, so is the Taiwanese xiang tu ju - we so need more Hong Kong and Japanese serials. Jewel in the Palace was relatively entertaining but definitely overrated. Not to mention that MCS is one year late in showing the serial, Jewel in the Palace was all over Asia LAST YEAR, but with our incredible $110 TV license fee, MCS can only afford to show it on free to air this year.

Sylvester Sim.. Haha...

If you guys understand Mandarin, you can read a review of his album here:

http://zzyo.blogspot.com/2005/04/blog-post_25.html

Basically, the reviewer was saying that the songs on his album are old fashioned and the album is '不伦不类'.

Besides the Singapore Idol, there's also the Project Superstar, Campus Superstar, Star Idol, Star Search, Super Host, Superband and 永不言败. Wow! I didn't know Singapore has that many talents waiting to be discovered!

Admit it, Mediacorp is just trying to milk whatever they can out of it, by telling schoolchildrren to VOTE, VOTE, and VOTE! Singtel benefits as well!

The 'Never Say Die' show tonight is a fine example of the "talents" Singapore has to offer. Patricia Mok was making mistakes thoughout the entire show, I almost felt embarassed for her. Her Mandarin pronounciation is horrible. Kym Ng, being one of the MOST EXPERIENCED entertainment show comperes in Singapore fared slightly better. You don't have to be a genius to tell that this was their first 'live' hosting in quite a long while. Almost all the hosts in Singapore cannot make it on the international stage. They can't speak good Mandarin, and they lack the experience in hosting 'live' variety shows. IMO Guo Liang is the only compere in Singapore whom I consider good enough. He is "zai" in front of the cameras, has fast reactions, and speaks excellent Mandarin.

But he's not a Singaporean. Yeah.

Jack Neo has run out of ideas. His Monday variety show lacks variety and entertainment.

Zoe Tay is a has-been. Nobody outside of Singapore knows her. In fact, I don't even understand what's so good about her. She can't sing, she can't act, she can't host, and you can't even use the word pretty to describe her.

Revive your fond memories, folks!

http://www.mediacorptv.com/videos/st...risonstage.asx

Check this article as well:

http://scarletr0se.blogspot.com/2005/12/omg.html

She really disgraced us in front of the foreign stars. Like all Government-linked Corporations operating in Singapore, Mediacorp has no competition at all. They also know that we have no choice but to pay for the annual tv license, otherwise we may end up in jail for rioting . So they can stuff whatever shit they have down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Anybody caught today's news? Apparently some 'experts' were reviewing how Mediacorp and Mediaworks were doing ever since they merged. As expected, the reviews were raving - stuff like quality of shows went up, ratings went up, and they went so far to say that the acting skills of the artistes improve.
    I see, now they even got some *** kissers to write good reviews on them! Thick-skinned!

Did I mention World Cup?
    Prisoners in England get to watch the World Cup for free. We are the only "First World Nation" in 2006 where 4 million poor and helpless residents are forced to pay exhortant fees on top of regular cable tv football channels (ESPN) for World Cup matches. Visit other local forums, and you can see how many of us are prepared to watch WC by buying our own antennas, or through web streaming programs. We are not stingy, but there is a limit to how much a person can tolerate. It's not a nice feeling when you know you are being treated like schoolchildren by the Government, and fools by GLCs.

We waited 4 years for this day, only to witness a collaboration between Starhub and Mediacorp (two GLCs) to squeeze us of our hard-earned money. What can I say? Elections should happen AFTER the World Cup. Now we've lost all bargaining chips. LHL can spend 1.6 billion of our money on "Progessive Bullshit", but can't afford free World Cup matches for his citizens. Starhub bought the rights to telecast 64 WC matches for a reported sum of S$15 million (according to The Newpaper 10 Jun).

Is it possible that:

With Mediacorp promising to 'stay out' of the telecasting competition, Starhub becomes the only company with WC broadcasting rights. So in return, Starhub gives Mediacorp 4 free-of-charge WC matches and footages from the matches for Mediacorp's news broadcasts? "You've got my back and I've got yours", eh?

The First World Government can't afford S$15 million to make 4 million residents happy? I feel sorry for those bangla construction site workers and S-League's FC Afrique footballers, because they can't afford to pay to watch World Cup, which happens only once every four years.

Sorry peasants, World Cup is for the rich and mighty. And monopoly is the only to ensure our continued prosperity. The Men In White's prosperity, that is.

***edited post to prevent possible legal lawsuit brought by the relevant guilty organisations. Singapore is a scary place to live in for the not-very-rich-and-powerful peasants like you and me. Don't play play. ***
    Last edited by FruityPunch; 06-14-06 at 12:27 PM.

Jewel in the Palace was relatively entertaining but definitely overrated. Not to mention that MCS is one year late in showing the serial, Jewel in the Palace was all over Asia LAST YEAR, but with our incredible $110 TV license fee, MCS can only afford to show it on free to air this year.
    And that was after Starhub had previously telecasted that boring show TWICE, before Mediacorp recycled it.

Just how many freaking times do you want us to watch?!

Thanks for the videoclips, Fruity. Hahahah Zoe was funny. I mean, at least she provided some laughs.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

The blog entries were pretty funny as well, especially the one on Sylvester Sim, I can totally see why he did not make it in Taiwan. And to think that the judges were blabbing about how he can do well in the Chinese pop market... hah!

Eight years ago, Mediacorp broadcasted all the WC '98 matches complete with pre-match and post-match analysis on the then Premiere-12 channel.

We also have "The Big Match" which is a EPL match every week with pre and post-match analysis.

Then, there was the SportsCity channel which lasted for only like one year???

Four years ago, Mediacorp broadcasted from the WC '02 quarter-finals onwards plus opening match. (if i'm not wrong)

Now, we are only shown 4 WC matches. Although now we have occassional Serie A matches on Channel 5 - but they are matches of mediocre teams playing.

What about four years later? Will Mediacorp broadcast only the WC final itself?
    ..ext88

Why is Charmed and Smallville being shown at the 7.30 and 8.30 time slots instead of the typical 10 pm slot for imported American tv dramas? Is this some new thing MCS is trying?

What do they plan to show at 10pm on Friday? Some movie of the week nonsense? Or some stupid reality tv crap (sports illustrated swimsuit model search seems hardly the right show for the 10pm time slot??) like what they are showing now?

Also I notice that the Saturday afternoon time slot seems to be the dedicated SF geek slot, they show everything from Earth Final conflict, B5 movies, Stargate and now Enterprise. Make sense , only geeks and nerds have nothing better to do on saturday afternoon !

The Sunday afternoon line up now is surprisingly good . From Jag and Joan of Arcadia (old and cancelled but good) to Vernonica Mars (acclaimed as the new Buffy!) to the Simpsons and the Movie event of the month event...

And then after 10.30pm they have pretty new seasons of Boston Legal and Las Vegas!

Is it be, or they don't seem to be as aggressive as in the past about using doing trailers for imported shows.

Vernonica Mars for example had no trailer. Ditto for the new season for Enterprise.

My guess is the 10pm time slot and later is now occupied by 'serious' , 'adult' 'working' shows like CSI, Criminal minds, Commander in chief, Lost, Desperate Housewives while science fiction/fantasy/teen shows (smallville,veronia mars,charmed) are screened at unusual time slots because their target audience has no problem catching tv shows at any hour.
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Thanks for the videoclips, Fruity. Hahahah Zoe was funny. I mean, at least she provided some laughs.
    I didn't. It was really embarrassing. You can see the prizegiver's face when she appeared. She looked as though she was dominating the entire show.

The biggest problem I have with Singapore Idol is the judges. I get the feeling that the four of them are trying too hard to imitate Simon Cowell. And what's with their vocabulary? I swear everytime they use the words 'unique' or 'pleasant' to describe a contestant's voice, a kitten dies.

I remember a time when the jpop fad was at its all-time high, with Music Station, the most popular jap dramas (Beautiful Life, Long Vacation anyone?), and even jpop PVs. Damn I miss those days...

I admire Jack Neo for his political satires. Not many people can slap the govt in the face and still get away. In a freer society, where he does not have to hide his views behind humour and parody, he would be producing some really good movies.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Regarding that clip of Zoe Tay messing it all up:

Totally agree with FruityPunch that she's a has-been. Abusing her "veteran" (the word is bracketed because it conveys a meaning of being well-versed in your craft, which runs contrary to my opinion of Zoe's acting skills.) status to bully others ... Her actions are not funny, or even wanky, from any perspective. We have being labelled "stupid" by some critics and thanks for "proving" them right, Zoe! Thanks a bunch!

Regarding the talent show onslaught:

Don't expect it to let up any time soon. MCS is milking the idea for more than it's worth. Shows us how starved of ideas MCS is, with their efforts to make one idea last sooo long ... And it won't be THAT bad if they expand the themes of these talent shows beyond the realm of acting & singing. Lacking even the creative energy to modify stolen (or purchased) concepts is just tragic .....

Regarding MCS providing nothing except family dramas:

Utterly pathetic ... Specialization that comes not from proficiency but compelled by necessity, because there are no other alternatives left for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo “Tan Yuan”
    Regarding MCS providing nothing except family dramas:

Utterly pathetic ... Specialization that comes not from proficiency but compelled by necessity, because there are no other alternatives left for them.
    Is it only me or did Channel 8 really loves family dramas?

After Holland V which is a success, we get Double Happiness and another hundred-episode serial.. They seem to totally run out of ideas.. And those series are getting more and more boring, falsely touching and sadistic? More family members die of cancer, rape, murder, manslaughter, old age, pushes, suicide and their alive family members have to grieve over their dead bodies every few episodes.. This is definitely not the only way to make viewers feel "touched", right? I did feel sad for the first few deaths, but repeated deaths is simply lame.

lol, singapore series suk pls. the broadcaster shld show hong kong or china shows. they will yield better results than showing their own series instead.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

hey why don't u try watching them?
    (actually i also agrre they suck)
    but qi yuwu in cid is cute!!!!
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    Is it only me or did Channel 8 really loves family dramas?

After Holland V which is a success, we get Double Happiness and another hundred-episode serial.. They seem to totally run out of ideas.. And those series are getting more and more boring, falsely touching and sadistic? More family members die of cancer, rape, murder, manslaughter, old age, pushes, suicide and their alive family members have to grieve over their dead bodies every few episodes.. This is definitely not the only way to make viewers feel "touched", right? I did feel sad for the first few deaths, but repeated deaths is simply lame.
    lol...singapore loves family shows and they all revolve ard the same plot...BORING
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

This is the biennial 'report' from MDA:

http://www.mda.gov.sg/wms.www/thenewsdesk.aspx?sid=716

ACCESS encourages broadcaster to help bring about a positive cycle of quality programmes

13 June 2006

The Advisory Committee on Chinese Programmes (ACCESS) released its biennial report for the period April 2004 to April 2006.

Following changes in the Free-to-Air (FTA) broadcasting landscape, ACCESS has observed the performance of the post-merger broadcaster, over two years, to see if the regaining of its monopolistic position would result in a decline in the range and quality of programming. With the exception of the first few months of adjusting period, the report concludes that the range and quality of Chinese programmes have by and large not suffered after the revamp of the two channels. Both Channel 8 and U have been retained, as both channels have their own merits.

The committee commends the broadcaster for putting out quality dramas, innovative variety shows, and programmes that engage young persons, as well as the effort made in scheduling quality info-educational programmes during prime time on Channel U.

The Committee’s key observations and recommendations are summarised below:

Observations and Recommendations

• News Bulletins, Current Affairs and Info-Educational Programmes

The strategy of having news bulletins at different times on both Chinese channels provides more opportunities for viewers to watch the news. To encourage viewers to have more exposure to news by watching news bulletins from both channels, members suggest that news bulletins on both channels be further differentiated by focusing on different story angles.

Channel U is commended for its efforts to push its current affairs and info-educational programmes into prime-time slots, enabling more viewers, especially the young, to benefit from these programmes. Channel 8 is also urged to keep up the good work done with quality info-educational programmes it produces.

• Local Dramas

On local dramas, the Committee reports that while the stories and acting have improved, language standards have dropped. Members are particularly concerned with the excessive use of foul language in some family dramas. While it is acceptable to use foul language occasionally as a means of characterising a ruffian as close to reality as possible, they should not be exploitative or used repeatedly, especially during family viewing hours and family dramas.
    The Committee has observed in recent local family dramas the presence of intimate and kissing scenes which are not suitable for children, as well as excessive quarrelling and even family and spousal violence. Members have commented that while there is a need for conflict in drama series, the treatment of conflict themes can be more skilful.

On the whole, ACCESS feels that scriptwriters and producers have generally improved the creativity of their work, and more positive dramas, which transmit a message of hope, are encouraged.

• Variety Programmes

After the merger, a revamp of the two Chinese channels resulted in a bumper crop of variety programmes, some innovative, and some still relying on low-brow slapstick antics to garner ratings. Variety shows that are both entertaining and educational are encouraged. Although there is a generous output of variety shows on beauty and grooming, lifestyle, and food programmes, a wider range of topics in lifestyle programmes, instead of continuously focusing on food and shopping, is preferred.

On comedy programmes which often resort to mindless and crass humor to titillate viewers, sometimes degenerating into bad taste, the Committee is concerned that if all the local comedy shows depend on slapstick humour to garner viewership, this would slant the interpretation of ratings, giving the impression that the public like such programmes when the fact is that they have little choice.

Similarly, variety shows that rely more on sexual innuendoes, hosts/characters cross-dressing, and those that are over-commercialised are discouraged.

• Cultural Programmes

Members support the broadcaster’s attempts to produce cultural programmes that provide insights and updates on the local arts scene, and appreciation of the Chinese cultural heritage. However, more resources should be spent on promoting these quality cultural programmes. Otherwise they would end up at the bottom of ratings charts due to insufficient awareness, and eventually drop out of the broadcaster’s priority, perpetuating a vicious cycle of quality programmes being accorded less priority over popular ones.

• Programmes for Youths and Children

The Committee has observed the lack of Chinese children’s programmes on FTA TV and that the quality of existing Chinese children’s programmes, whether local or imported, leaves much to be desired. In comparison, English children’s programmes are more accessible on both weekdays and weekends, and better in quality and content. Members feel that Chinese children’s programmes are important in promoting the Chinese language and imparting important Chinese cultural values and heritage.

The Committee is pleased that the new Channel U line-up has some new programmes that engage the youths as well as showcasing their unique talents. On the explosion of public-voting talent shows, although they are effective in reaching out to youths as well as garnering good ratings, the broadcaster should not be overly reliant on this successful formula, but continue to create more creative ideas for future programming.

• Programmes for the Educated Elderly

The Committee feels that there is a need to have more programmes targeted at the more educated elderly. These highly educated "elderlies" will appreciate content suited to their needs and intellectual level, for instance, like how to use their CPF money wisely, and health advice for the aged.

Conclusion : Other Observations

Although the Committee understands that the two Chinese channels are targeted at the Chinese population, members are still concerned that local (especially current affairs) programmes on Channels 8 and U are too focused on the Chinese community and culture. As such, there is a need to assimilate the lives and cultures of the other races in Singapore into Chinese programmes like dramas as well as info-educational programmes so as to help foster greater understanding of other racial groups.

ACCESS feels that there is still a lack of public awareness on good publicly funded programmes, and that the broadcaster does not seem to be giving these programmes as much publicity as their commercial programmes. To the Committee, the promotion of a programme (especially cross-channel marketing) plays a very important role on how it is received, and broadcasters should not spare any effort to promote high quality programmes even though they may not have mass appeal.

Hence, instead of just catering to the tastes of viewers, members feel that the broadcaster should be more pro-active in its efforts to raise the cultural intelligence of viewers in Singapore by ensuring good quality programmes get trailed as much as variety shows. Otherwise a negative cycle would be propagated where lowbrow slapstick programmes gain popularity and demand more trailing due to higher ratings.

Moving forward, ACCESS encourages MediaCorp to create compelling content for local productions in order to reach out to both local and international Chinese markets. The need for programmes to do well commercially should also be balanced with responsible programming. In addition, the Committee hopes to see the broadcaster help perpetuate a positive cycle of quality programmes consumption and appreciation by the Public.
    Bullshit. When did Mediacorpse ever cater to our tastes? Now they are even showing [Armed Reaction] again?!

And their "most innovative" programme in Singapore TV history is that stupid clone of the Japanese variety show "Chao Ji Bian Bian Bian". Hell, that Japanese show was last seen donkey's years ago!

Adding so many 'revival' rounds to their "singing competitions", their (Mediacorpse) only intention was to milk whatever they could out of innocent schoolchildren. The more people vote, the more they earn.

Are these people even fit to hold singing competitions in the first place? They can't even manage to find judges with decent credentials for their shows!

And what's up with that stupid Campus Superstar competition? It just makes more schoolchildren neglect their studies.

Check out this thread if you're interested.

http://forum.mediacorp.com.sg/board/...threadid=34907

Quote Originally Posted by a2studio
    Hello guys! Thanks for all the concerns and dedications (your votes too) for Qinobe after the results show. This thread is for some further reading for the fans. Because it is a conversation, other bands name will be mentioned. Pls do not take it seriously as non of them right here are an insult nor flame.

On a note to all the bands reading. Go to all the sound checking or whatever meeting with MCDs on time. In the producer good books is more important then the judges. And good luck guys! PEACE!

Interview Preface

The aftermath of the results show has surprised many of Qinobe fans and are curious on what would they do next. This short interview will summaries on the decision where they stand now and future plans. However, only Dj Ndy, Samuel and Moo-Z was present. Azizul, Jeffrey and Yanto has to leave because they are working the next day.

Interview session is uncensored. You have been warned.

Aaron:"So the question is how? So how you guys taking it?

Samuel:"Yes! Finally I can study. Haha"

Dj Ndy: "Yes! Qinobe is finally out!! I'm not sure whether should I be happy or sad, but seriously, I know deep down we DO NOT have the LOWEST vote for the night, in fact I think we are one of the highest. Even Summer Breeze whom has a huge fan base can be out. Its rather obvious. The producer want us to be out, pure and simple. We are the only hardcore group in the competition. WTH, we even wanted to use fire during Iweekly gig. Anyway the producer was already not happy with us anyway."

Moo-Z: "Ya, they(Producer) want us out means out. No f**king way any amout of votes will save us. Thats the truth."

Aaron:"I see. I already expected it coming last week. Thats why today you see us(the fans) never even shed a tear for you guys. I would rather you had gone out anyway, so do the rest of the fans. Ndy you were saying about the Producer. What makes you think he/she has come to this conclusion that they are not happy with you guys? "

Dj Ndy:"Starting still okay. We are one of the craziest band from the start, they would want some entertainment from us. We have no idea that this competition is going to drag for so goddamn long. Its has been 2 freaking months. We need to work man, we got families man, some of us have children and wife to take care of. And because of that, sometimes we would be late to report to Mediacorp and stuff. Ya and so whats up with the freaking black face(Producer) if we cant make it on time for sound check? They think we wanna do that on purpose?"

Moo-Z:"******* care la. As if we got nothing better to do other then this competition."

Dj Ndy:"They(Producer) don't give a sh*t really. Do you know that Jeffrey's dad just passed away?"

Aaron:"What!? No! I didn't know about that."

Dj Ndy:"Jeffrey's dad passed away on Saturday. On Sunday Jeffrey's mum was seriously ill and was in ICU. Today his son was sick. How can you expect him to turn up for today results show? Your parents just passed away you think you got mood to come?"

Aaron:"Of cause not. If I would be him, I wouldn't even turn up."

Dj Ndy:"He turn up anway, not in the mood as you can see for yourself. Seriously all of us(Qinobe) is getting sick and tired of this competition already. They want more pattern then truly appreciate the music we play. Can't be helped actually, this competition is dragging way too long."

Moo-Z:"Ya. Can change Superband to SuperPattern."

Dj Ndy:"Last week (QF 8), Azizul our drummer was late (because he was working) for sound check. Although our band was shifted to the last slot, the producer don't even allow us to sound check. We didnt rehearse at all. Then on Saturday recording(QF 9), we encounter sound problems. One of the cameraman told me they (sound engineers) were saying our fault; never come earlier all that ****. Up their asses. Then its Milopeng fault also for the mic feedback? I bet they (sound engineers) are happy right now. But nevermind, we still joke and laugh on/off the stage. They (sound engineers) see us just now they also lan lan(cannot do anything). I couldn't care less.

Aaron:"Har! Excatly!"

Dj Ndy:"What pattern they want? We cant follow Milopeng to have a skit before our every show. Thats just not us man. Doesn't suit us. A no-no. Then what esle? Shock rock? Have sex on stage isit? Ask them bring us one gal on the stage we show them pattern on stage la!! Different pattern/position also can."

Moo-Z:"Haha, Pattern more then badminton already!"

Dj Ndy:"We want to do alot of stuffs they(Producer) won't let us. Fire I can understand. Later will get sued. For example, we want to use a coffin for QF 8 'Deng Zhe Ni Hui Lai' also cannot. Mind you, that was a good luck coffin. Like that also don't allow. Next time bring cat(Fa Chai Mao) put at my DJ deck la!!"

Aaron:"Thats a good one! Haha but seriously what you guys gonna do for this coming revival round? I have alot of messages expressing concerns on the forum. Joel(Jpxr) called me about it."

Samuel:"Well, as planned for this QF 10, we maybe wanna continue doing Piao Yi for revival."

Dj Ndy:"See how la, cannot be bothered with it right now. If not for the contract with Mediacorp we had sign with, we wouldn't even bother to turn up seriously. I can tell you right now la, we won't win revival. No need waste time."

Moo-Z:"Yup. I agree. We won't enter. Too much politics already. They(Producer) want us to be scared of them. They think we first time in this line? We are not some small fry to be push around ya know?"

Dj Ndy:"We hardcore one. Haha. Come on la, we are working man!"

Aaron:"So that means you guys are going for revival right?"

Dj Ndy:"Ya. Don't have a choice really. We will get sued if we do not turn up. Unless the whole band met an accident."

Moo-Z:"Maybe all of you(Qinobe) can sit in my van. Then I ask Jeffrey to crash his car onto us. Haha."

Dj Ndy:"Ya best. I think we still need to perform in cast and stretcher also. Wa! Pattern already! Haha.

Moo-Z:"We still need to perform la. No matter what. Or we mess up the song on purpose. Har!!"

Dj Ndy:"They want pattern, we show them pattern on Revival round. Hardcore. We show them everything. Our boxers also. Snoopy boxer."

Aaron:"Haha! Great!"

Moo-Z:"Make sure you guys(fans) occupy the front stage. I will surf. Must catch me ok. Haha.

Dj Ndy:" Don't catch la. Let him fall. Haha!"

Aaron:"Haha we surf you to Xu Huan Liang. Then you can scare him with your face paint. He always scared of your face painting."

Dj Ndy:"Wa. I think the producer also scared to put us in Revival. Haha they sure know we up to something. But from the way I see it, bring the house down or not, we won't enter already."

Moo-Z:"Ya. The most important thing is you guys(fans) enjoy can already. You happy we happy can already. ******* care the rest."

Aaron:"Yea. I think the fans can't wait. But on the releasing an album part, are you guys are for real?"

Moo-Z:"Damn sure we are. Its not like we heaven record our singles. Its all done."

Dj Ndy:"Yup. We already have a show lined up in August. Although details are not finalised yet. We are pretty sure we are playing."

Aaron:"I see. Sigh. Hope I'm not in army by then. So what you have to got to say for the remaining bands in this competition?"

Dj Ndy:"Hmm. Its not easy to come this far. Like I said, its already(dragging) too long, everyone is tired and stuff. How creative one can be? Even Soul and Milopeng is stress up now. Thinking of new ideas or breakthrough all the time will kill brain cells man. I don't think I have much left. Ha."

Moo-Z:"Ya. All the best to the remaining groups. Want to survive, have to do more patterns. Not much about the music. Pattern can cover everything. Haha. Personally, I think Lucify would go far. And they are young. And the only rock group left. So just hope they are consistent can already.

Dj Ndy:"Yup same here. But I think I will vote whichever band made it past this Revival round. Haha. If its Summer Breeze better still. Haha!!"

Aaron:"Haha yea. Ok its getting late. Lets' wrap up."

Samuel:"Yes! Yes! I'm tired."

Dj Ndy:"Kk see you guys soon. Take care."

Moo-Z:"Ok. My wife is waiting. Come Aaron, I give you a lift back...."

In Closing

On behalf of the Qinobe fans, I would like to express our deepest sympathy and condolences to Jeffrey(Qinobe's Guitarist) for the passing of his late father. We will support you always. Take care man!

And to the rest of the bands! Good luck!

Hello? Is that Zhou Chongqing (FM 93.3 DJ) even fit to be a judge in the first place? The only thing he has ever done is to release a single which was a flop. He can't sing, can't compose music, can't produce albums, so why are they using him as a judge in the first place?

I understand that some competitors have their own style in the first place. Why are they asking them to change their style and genre of music every weekend?

Can you imagine Linkin Park doing a Nan Quan Mama?!