Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Movie that you don't like but others like.

Both of the *I know what you did last summer* and the sequel. It is stupid and very ridiculous.

I hate Titanic too. Omg, I was surprised they can drag the freaking thing out that long. And it is *supposedly* the biggest money-maker ever.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - Can wuxia get any worse??

I also hated Charlie's Angels Full Throttle. My guy friends love it though.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

I definitely hate Austin Powers series... I admit that some parts are funny..but for most parts the jokes are just too disgusting and stupid for me...

"In The Mood For Love"...........OMG,that movie was pointless n boring........even me n my friends left the theatre early.but since the movie was so popular at those awards n stuff,i suppose many ppl like it

Jerry Maguire - don't why everyone likes it. I found this movie very boring. The only good thing about it is the kid (renee's character's son).

The Truman Show - this is also another boring movie that alot of people like.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, this movie is really suck.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Matrix....I refuse to see a movie with Keanu. Keanu = bad acting=bad movie.

The two movies I love that no one seemed to like was Office Space and High School High..

I agree with Green Tea on the Austin Powers. That trilogy has yet to show one scene where I genuinely laugh.
    First love--Ekin Cheng.

Originally posted by Debs
    I used to be like that too but I've learned to like him. I actually admire him now.

http://www.fametracker.com/fame_audi...es_keanu.shtml
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I don't like Independence Day, Shanghai Knights, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Armageddon, and Spiderman, but everybody else seems to love them.

Originally posted by Temujin
    I don't like Independence Day, Shanghai Knights, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Armageddon, and Spiderman, but everybody else seems to love them.
    I hated above movie except CTHD. I am not really into hollywood movie either.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Originally posted by Debs
    Yup his acting skills are really bad, but see that's the beauty of the Matrix. Not much emotions/acting needed.

Here are the things he had to do in that movie:

- Shake his head violently (when going into the matrix)
    - Say "wow" with that oh so convincing acting job
    - Put on sunsunglasses whenever acting is required. Sunglasses are great at masking bad acting

Despite these shortcomings I still thought the Matrix was excellent. The plot overshadowed any bad acting there was.

I didn't like Titanic or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

steven spielberg movies -- liked it for the first time, but getting sick of them now
    gosford park -- most interesting art idea about the society of relations to royal people, but get bored (warning!! spoilers!!) where a servant gives wine.. i mean poison to a person so you guess up the wrong answers in the mystery! don't know why my siblings liked it.
    titanic (1997)
    cthd -- i'll strangle ang lee someday
    'matrix' series -- liked it for the first time, but getting sick of it now.
    george lucas movies -- same reason as ss movies
    it's a wonderful life -- same reason as 'matrix'
    the thrilling ending from 'fatal attraction' -- don't know why people want thrills and chills that don't affect the story!
    mission: impossible
    adam sandler movies-- probably not that 'others like'
    jim carrey movies -- see above message
    jackie chan movies
    quentin tarantino movies -- same reason as steven spielberg movies
    pleasantville -- exploitive movie w/ wrong messages
    austin powers movies -- same reason as 'matrix' movies
    leaving las vegas -- too depressing for my taste
    james bond movies -- glad not to see them!
    disney animated musicals -- same reason as qt movies
    citizen kane
    donnie darko -- love the character, but an exploitive movie that shows if he lives, not if he dies!
    independence day (1996) -- too sad with many deaths!
    seabiscuit (tobey maguire)-- maybe i am not into one of jockeys' lives b/c customers bet money for their living to make sure their picks win in places, so i refused to watch it
    the others -- please goddamn remove the mirror scenes!
    6th sense -- too saccharine and pretty boredom
    'godfather' trilogy -- love mike and vito, but almost the whole plot is not so memorable
    planet of the apes -- like charelton heston character, but don't like sci-fi movies
    meg ryan movies -- though i enjoy few of her movies
    julia robert movies -- see above message
    8 mile -- maybe not 'people's favs'
    fast and the furious -- same as above, but do enjoy car scenes
    'terminator' movies -- love the villian-turned-hero, the protector-to-be, and parent characters and hero's mission to save (or kill) john and his mom, but oh pul-leze! Earth vs. robots? Who cares? Boy, that whole thing is getting old right now. Maybe only the first two are rewatchable. Sometimes I have plans to watch the third.

that's all!

I didn't like CTHD and Spiderman.
    omnia vincit amor... praeter paupertatem
    lover conquers all... except poverty

Does movie stars you don't like but other like count? I don't know what all my friends see in Orlando Bloom...we went to see Pirates of the Carribean the other day, my best friend basically swooned when she saw Orlando (or Orli as she calls him). I liked Johnny Depp in that movie waaaaaaaay better. Orlando was basically all looks no skill.

Anyway, back to topic...movies i don't like but others like:

Mary Poppins...what's the big deal?

Traffic...critically acclaimed my ***. Fell asleep after ten minutes.

The Exorcist...nothing wrong with the movie apart from i freaked after half an hour (when it was only starting to get scary). I don't like the plot.

Waterloo bridge...i don't dislike it, but i don't get what the big deal is. Most likely it's probably the first cheesy lovestory. But i did like the actor and actress in there.

The Road to Perdition...saw only the first half, don't want to see the second. I don't know why my dad likes it so much.

A Beautiful Mind...can anything get more boring. At least throw a hunk in there to liven up the story and to invoke my sympathy.

All sci-fi movies...hate them but guy friends love them.

can't think of anything else...
    "Eternal Vigilance is the price of Liberty" -- Thomas Jefferson

"In the end, more than they wanted freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all -- security, comfort, and freedom. When ... the freedom they wished for was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free." -- Sir Edward Gibbon

"A nation of sheeps will beget a government of wolves" -- Edward R. Morrow

"My greatest fear is that too many members of the public will embrace the government's call to give up some freedom in return for greater safety, only to find that they have lost freedom without gaining safety."

Originally posted by teenman
    steven spielberg movies -- liked it for the first time, but getting sick of them now
    gosford park -- most interesting art idea about the society of relations to royal people, but get bored (warning!! spoilers!!) where a servant gives wine.. i mean poison to a person so you guess up the wrong answers in the mystery! don't know why my siblings liked it.
    titanic (1997)
    cthd -- i'll strangle ang lee someday
    'matrix' series -- liked it for the first time, but getting sick of it now.
    george lucas movies -- same reason as ss movies
    it's a wonderful life -- same reason as 'matrix'
    the thrilling ending from 'fatal attraction' -- don't know why people want thrills and chills that don't affect the story!
    mission: impossible
    adam sandler movies-- probably not that 'others like'
    jim carrey movies -- see above message
    jackie chan movies

that's all!
    yea most of my white friends like Jacky Chan for some reason, but I really don't...all his movies deal w/ him being some kind of kung fu dude, and cultural shock w/ either a black or white person and some humour, and a girl sometimes, kinda repetitive
    I found Shanghai Knights really annoying

Originally posted by 999roses
    yea most of my white friends like Jacky Chan for some reason, but I really don't...all his movies deal w/ him being some kind of kung fu dude, and cultural shock w/ either a black or white person and some humour, and a girl sometimes, kinda repetitive
    I found Shanghai Knights really annoying
    Me too. But I think it's wearing off now though because all his American movies are similar. That whacky clueless routine is getting kinda old. I'd much rather Jackie come out as a more serious super hero in his next movie.

let's see

I don't like
    Shaolin Soccer
    Star Wars
    Scary Movie
    I know What You Did..
    Austin Powers
    Fast and Furious

I do remember how frustrated i was when lotsa people told me how much they loved Pearl Harbour, and they were moved to tears by it and all sorts of crap like that.

My only reply was 'was that the first movie you've ever seen'?
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

ack I HATED Pearl Harbor....itz like "forget the history, letz just care bout the looooovey dovey story" *rolls eyes* as if itz not over-used, girl loves guy, guy loves girl, guy goes to war, girl thinks hez dead, but ooo hez "really" NOT...and then girl falls in love w/ different guy, he comes back, chaos, girl = decision time
    pff....and also they made the Americans seem like heroes...when they were the ones who were being attacked..pff, they were hardly heroic in actual history...they failed MISERABLY that time

Originally posted by 999roses
    ack I HATED Pearl Harbor....itz like "forget the history, letz just care bout the looooovey dovey story" *rolls eyes* as if itz not over-used, girl loves guy, guy loves girl, guy goes to war, girl thinks hez dead, but ooo hez "really" NOT...and then girl falls in love w/ different guy, he comes back, chaos, girl = decision time
    pff....and also they made the Americans seem like heroes...when they were the ones who were being attacked..pff, they were hardly heroic in actual history...they failed MISERABLY that time
    I couldn't stand Pearl Harbor because it bastardized history. In its quest to make more money from the Japanese, they totally washed it down and made it seem like the Japanese were just honorable people forced into the war. Bunch of BULL if you ask me.