Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Movie that you don't like but others like.

I thought Pearl Harbor was the "action" version of Titanic... Tisk tisk... Another dramatic wannable.

yea I agree...now all these historical movies are putting the love stories as the focus, and screwing around w/ actual history to put it as a nice background scenery, it kinda annoys me...I mean, does EVERY single movie based on history HAVE to have some kinda love story in it? *rolls eyes*

Originally posted by 999roses
    yea I agree...now all these historical movies are putting the love stories as the focus, and screwing around w/ actual history to put it as a nice background scenery, it kinda annoys me...I mean, does EVERY single movie based on history HAVE to have some kinda love story in it? *rolls eyes*

Tell me about it. Yeesh.....

Originally posted by Mike Liu
    I couldn't stand Pearl Harbor because it bastardized history. In its quest to make more money from the Japanese, they totally washed it down and made it seem like the Japanese were just honorable people forced into the war. Bunch of BULL if you ask me.
    Well said! Hated Pearl Harbour...bloody hell.

Also hated Lord of the Rings (please don't shoot me) but everyone around me loves that movie. I also hate anything with Sandra Bullock in it.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is full of crap!!!
    brings shame to me as an Asian, even if theres tonnes of Westerners loving it....how can Ang Lee tarnish Wuxia rep like this???? GGRRRR, i feel like kicking him real bad when i saw the movie!

ALL Jackie Chan movies....he cant act at all....should call himself stuntman rather than actor, even martial art instructor sounds good on him..but definitely not ACTOR! ....makes me wanna puke when seeing his new movies trailers on TV....and people go 'Oohh...aahahhhh..." on him...yuck!

Lord of The Rings...BORING!!!!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I raged over:

1. Titanic -- all I remember (despite the cheesiness) was how come at the beginning the director exposed the DOGS (even the fact that they defecate in the lower class deck) while during the chaos we didn't even hear a *bark*...(yeah, I'm a dog lover). My friend wanted to buy me the DVD for a present and I requested Beauty and the Beast instead.

2. Pearl Harbor -- need I say more, totally boring.

3. Ace Ventura -- eeekkkkkk.

4. Austin Powers -- I never actually watch this coz I puke already seeing the trailer.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Originally posted by Mike Liu
    I couldn't stand Pearl Harbor because it bastardized history. In its quest to make more money from the Japanese, they totally washed it down and made it seem like the Japanese were just honorable people forced into the war. Bunch of BULL if you ask me.
    oh yeah, u mean like Rambo huh.....making him honourable person forced into the war....whole bunch of BULL if u ask me....worse than Japanese bull, that is.....

and Black Hawk Down, another example......yeah rite....saving its own soldiers....when actually UN's troopers the one getting them out of that s**thole.....*laughing hysterically*

serve me real good laugh when watching American heroic movies....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Pulp Fiction: Practically everyone I know praises this movie to no end, but I didn't think it was that great.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The Sound of Music. Cheesy. Defintely cheesy.

Kill Bill

Yeah, I didn't like Pearl Harbor either, that love triangle in "Pearl Harbor" was really

Titanic, all the Matrix movies, and White Chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniflame
    Yeah, I didn't like Pearl Harbor either, that love triangle in "Pearl Harbor" was really
    Hm? Did others like the movie? From all I know, only a couple of people I knew did.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Hm? Did others like the movie? From all I know, only a couple of people I knew did.
    Well, on page 4 of this thread, you mentioned that lots of people liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire 09-28-03, 11:27 AM
    I do remember how frustrated i was when lotsa people told me how much they loved Pearl Harbour, and they were moved to tears by it and all sorts of crap like that.

My only reply was 'was that the first movie you've ever seen'?

'As good as it gets'

that movie was rubbish. I didn't laugh one bit. I can't believe it won an award (can't remember what though..). The only good bit was the dog. People seem to endlessly praise it though...bah!
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniflame
    Well, on page 4 of this thread, you mentioned that lots of people liked it.
    Oh yeah, I guess my anger had sort of dissipated after all these years. Haha.

As for As Good As It Gets, it won Oscars for Best Actor and Best Actress.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Oh yeah, I guess my anger had sort of dissipated after all these years. Haha.

As for As Good As It Gets, it won Oscars for Best Actor and Best Actress.

Thats right. I remember now. I don't know how they won that...
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

The Matrix Reloaded.

Star Wars Trilogy
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    The Matrix Trilogy

Don't you dare throw nasty words at me, people. Just MY opinion. I should have the freedom to dislike them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sippy0147 View Post
    2012 movie
    The movie got a 39 % of positive rating according to Rotten Tomatoes. I don't think others liked it that much.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 07-12-10 at 11:32 PM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?