Thread: The Most Memorable Romantic Scenes?

Default The Most Memorable Romantic Scenes?

As title says. Please share your choices!

For me:

New Dragon Gate Inn
    Brigitte Lin and Tony Leung Ka-fai first meet in Dragon Gate Inn. No words exchanged at first. Their movement, gesture and eyes were the narrator.

Iron Monkey
    Yu Rongguang (Iron Monkey) and Jean Wang (Orchid Ho) are both on roof-top in rainy night. Obviously Jean Wang came with umbrella to help Iron Monkey's night errands. They first spot each other and stare. Then remove their face cover and come closer. This scene is filmed beautifully. Subtle and gentle. Dialogue isn't telling much but the actors gesture and movement makes the romantic atmosphere and mood.

In The Mood For Love
    Entire movie as Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung leads.

As Tears Go By
    Maggie Cheung and Andy Lau after brief awkward meeting runs back to each other and kisses.
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 07-23-10 at 06:13 AM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

odbayarb2000 I agree with you.The scenes who mention is very beautiful and romantic(to sad i dont have see tears go by even if i love M.Cheung).But i wand to add another two scenes.The scene for Legend of the condor hero 2008 when Ariel Lin speak to Hu Ge in his bend and after that when Hu Ge do the same for the sleeping Huan Rong.Also the scene in "it has to be you" when Ekin Cheng stares the beloved Karena Lam in front of the mirror in the jewerly.Also all the scenes with the adorable Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng in "it started with a kiss".Especialy the first kiss and the first night in the apartment of zi shu.
    Last edited by XiLaRen(GR); 07-24-10 at 05:09 PM.

Yes, thanks for reminding me of the scene in Iron Monkey. It was quite serene.

One of my favorites is in "A Walk to Remember", when the male lead first realized he loved the female lead. They were in a play, and they had a scene together. He spoke from his heart instead of the script, saying: "All I know is.... you're beautiful."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I specially like this part from Made of Honor (as opp to Maid of Honor), "No one makes me laugh like the way you do. You are my best friend, and I want to be with you." Somehow, this line sowed a seed deeply in my heart. It triggers such a thought of mine, "maybe a relationship will sustain longer when it is a bestfriend-lover type?"

click to show/hide spoilers
    The guy (who is infamous for sleeping around) in the movie only realized that the girl he wrongly slept with 5 years ago, and eventually became his bestfriend because she is so honest, is the one that he unknowingly falls in love with. He only realises that life is more than sleeping around when he was asked to be the Maid of Honor for this bestfriend.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

There is an unintentional romantic scene from the Korean movie Sword in the Moon (2003). It is the very last scene in the movie, when the friend reveals to another friend why he was not scared of drowning in deep water ("Because I knew you'd save me"). It was meant to be speak for their friendship, but it's so damn romantic as well.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    There is an unintentional romantic scene from the Korean movie Sword in the Moon (2003). It is the very last scene in the movie, when the friend reveals to another friend why he was not scared of drowning in deep water ("Because I knew you'd save me"). It was meant to be speak for their friendship, but it's so damn romantic as well.
    I don't remember that scene neither I remember Sword In The Moon in entirety. I'm sure I have seen it. I must have missed the scene.

From Korean movies, The Classic was quite mesmerizing, specially the scenes like main characters are running around in a rain and picking up fireflies in riverside.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”