Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 714

Thread: [New Series]新《楚留香》-The New Zhu Liu Xiang:starring Ken Zhu, Hu Jing

  1. #121
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i think there are more eye candies for the ladies than for the guys...because i'm not really feeling the actresses in this series.
    Ken's not ugly, but he just has the wrong feel for the series.

  2. #122
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Ken's not ugly, but he just has the wrong feel for the series.
    i dont really ken...i like benny though.

  3. #123
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i dont really ken...i like benny though.
    i meant in terms of eyecandy

  4. #124
    Senior Member foreva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i dont really ken...i like benny though.

    but his costume is not very eye pleasing, neither is sammuls. lol

  5. #125
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i meant in terms of eyecandy
    oh...then i dont like either men or any of guys in this series...

  6. #126
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Ken's not ugly, but he just has the wrong feel for the series.
    I agree. He just doesn't look anything like how Chu Liuxiang should be.

    Fortunately, his Chu Liuxiang is nowhere as bad as Richie Ren's. At least when it comes to looks.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  7. #127
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    oh...then i dont like either men or any of guys in this series...
    in terms of eye candy... no, but Benny's ok. I just don't like Ken acting in a series like this. I can't get that stupid Meteor Garden image of him out of my head! I'm glad he's taking his nose ring off though.... that might help the image

  8. #128
    Senior Member foreva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I agree. He just doesn't look anything like how Chu Liuxiang should be.

    Fortunately, his Chu Liuxiang is nowhere as bad as Richie Ren's. At least when it comes to looks.
    Richie Ren is just wrong in most his roles though, like Yang Guo.

  9. #129
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    in terms of eye candy... no, but Benny's ok. I just don't like Ken acting in a series like this. I can't get that stupid Meteor Garden image of him out of my head! I'm glad he's taking his nose ring off though.... that might help the image
    did you ever have the chance to watch the japanese version of MG? i like their version better than the chinese one.

  10. #130
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    Richie Ren is just wrong in most his roles though, like Yang Guo.
    Don't want to bring back bad memories

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    did you ever have the chance to watch the japanese version of MG? i like their version better than the chinese one.
    nope... i didn't even like the actual MG... my friends practically killed me when i told them

  11. #131
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Don't want to bring back bad memories



    nope... i didn't even like the actual MG... my friends practically killed me when i told them
    barbie probably killed it for you. the leading lady for the japanese version was much better. i didnt like MG as well but like it in the japanese's version.

  12. #132
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    barbie probably killed it for you. the leading lady for the japanese version was much better. i didnt like MG as well but like it in the japanese's version.
    yea, barbie might have been one of the major reasons... didn't like her at all. Most of the acting was pretty bad too, and the script was... horrible... at times. Vic was ok as eyecandy though

    That's why i could not belive that ken was being case in Chu Liu Xiang... Just so wrong for the role!

  13. #133
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    MG wasn't THAT bad ....it was really eye candy for me. ( well ok i like Vic the most). Barbie.. was bad. The jap version is much better.

    but yeah,Ken looks better than Richie in terms of look..but again, to win teh crowd..you must have decent acting skills. After Michael and Adam...............you need more than luck..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  14. #134
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    MG wasn't THAT bad ....it was really eye candy for me. ( well ok i like Vic the most). Barbie.. was bad. The jap version is much better.

    but yeah,Ken looks better than Richie in terms of look..but again, to win teh crowd..you must have decent acting skills. After Michael and Adam...............you need more than luck..
    MG wasn't terrible... better than a lot of series with that kind of script... i liked vic the most too. When you can't have a great series, you resort to the eyecandy and vic was it
    Maybe i'll watch the jap version then, because Barbie was one of the main reasons i didn't like it.

    Ken looks ok... as a person. As Chu Liu Xiang though...

  15. #135
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    MG wasn't terrible... better than a lot of series with that kind of script... i liked vic the most too. When you can't have a great series, you resort to the eyecandy and vic was it
    Maybe i'll watch the jap version then, because Barbie was one of the main reasons i didn't like it.

    Ken looks ok... as a person. As Chu Liu Xiang though...
    youtube has it. It has SUgar's stamp of approval
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  16. #136
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    youtube has it. It has SUgar's stamp of approval
    i wonder how good sugar's stamp approval is

  17. #137
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    ANOTHER remake of this series??? It seems like every show is being remade these days.... Anyway, I can't believe that Ken got the role over Wallace, Xiao Ming and others??? I am glad that Hu Jing got the role since I think LYF already got to play WYY and XLN. But I feel bad for the other stars that didn't get it.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  18. #138
    Senior Member tanteun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Gosshhh i'm so shocked when heard that Ken Zhu being casted as CLX!!! what a funny choice!!!!!!! in any way or any how, i couldn't see he'll be fit as CLX. They're ruining CLX image day by day now, i think after Richie's version, this one will be the next

  19. #139
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i wonder how good sugar's stamp approval is
    Well let's put it this way, I support Ady for her acting.

    Plus, i am tough critic When it gets stamp of approval, I will assure you there is some quality or else, I will give you 2 cheesecakes. :contract:
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  20. #140
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    ok here's a test for you. Recommend a historical China series along the lines of Kang Xi Dynasty, Yung Cheng Emporer.
    Lady Zhuge was very good at this but seems to be low profile of late.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Well let's put it this way, I support Ady for her acting.

    Plus, i am tough critic When it gets stamp of approval, I will assure you there is some quality or else, I will give you 2 cheesecakes. :contract:

Similar Threads

  1. Pages of Treasures 《Click入黃金屋》
    By sehseh in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-14-09, 01:25 AM
  2. Translation for 楚留香: Chu Liu Xiang: Cho Lau Heung
    By gqonmars2 in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-08, 08:43 AM
  3. Zhu Zi Liu vs Zhang Cui San
    By druid in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-07, 07:49 PM
  4. Jiu Xiang Shen Shen[酒巷深深][Ma Yili,Zhu Yuanyuan,Shao Bin]
    By LiuYiFei in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-06, 09:27 AM
  5. Fu Xing Gao Zhao Zhu Ba Jie starring Fan Bing Bing, Huang Hai Bo, Han Xue
    By Arya Svit-kona in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-21-06, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •