Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [New Series]新《楚留香》-The New Zhu Liu Xiang:starring Ken Zhu, Hu Jing

OMG, is that sammul
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/p/2006-06-18/U1735P28T3D1127214F329DT20060618100013.jpg')
    I thought he was Zhang Tie Lin when I looked at the poster. lol

But I think Ken should be given a chance. He doesnt look as bad as some pple say. Pple are just prejudiced against him because he's from a boyband.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    this is a truly classic line...how appropriate for this series...poor hu jing. now i wished another actress has gotten the role instead.
    50 million RMB
    i like Hu Jing

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    But I think Ken should be given a chance. He doesnt look as bad as some pple say. Pple are just prejudiced against him because he's from a boyband.
    i don't know much about boybands, esp asian boybands. i never knew who ken was until i came across this thread. and based on the pix, he's no clh. who knows, he might be more charismatic on screen but that's hard to predict. i'm only judging based on looks because clh is suppose to be handsome, which ken isn't in costume.

i like hu jing too, but i'd rather her be in a quality production instead of a hyped production. she's already an established artist and does not need to embarrass herself by partaking in such teen idol hype production. that's why i prefer her role going to another actress who i don't care for. but if this production is successful for the right reasons then good for her and i'm glad that i am wrong...otherwise, sigh.

I won't mind giving Ken a chance.. but it is so sketchy. I thought he would have some nice attires at least..... but the clothings can almost compare to Richie's clothings..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

i don't know much about boybands, esp asian boybands. i never knew who ken was until i came across this thread. and based on the pix, he's no clh. who knows, he might be more charismatic on screen but that's hard to predict. i'm only judging based on looks because clh is suppose to be handsome, which ken isn't in costume.
    Only one picture of ken in costume is posted in this thread, I find that seriously hard to judge whether one will look good in the costumes based on one picture in a weird pose. (ditto for benny's costume)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pimg.youthwant.com.tw/Photo_area/photos_area/2/722/4722/01574722/060620162721/060620163305_XmitEad.jpg')

I don't mind Ken Zhu actually. Yeah it doesn't matter if he's from a boy band or not. Alec Su originated from a boy band, and a lot of people don't mind him.

I don't mind him either.. but i can't picture him as a CLX So far.. not impressed. But I guess we will never know. HXM was kind of a let down as YG even tho he looked nice in promotinal pics
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Who's that guy above Ken in the poster?

i don't know but he looks more like clh than ken does...sigh...and clh is suppose to be the best looking guy in the series too...what a waste. when will they finally do this novel justice and cast the right male leads. mkw will forever be the best clh in my opinion...
    Last edited by patricia n; 06-21-06 at 08:37 PM.

Not just on looks, but the guy got no skills as an actor. Too pull off a charismatic charcter like CLH requires both the right appearance/charm and acting ability.

Lookwise, Ken is alright, but he is no CLH. If that was the only issue, then I might not be so shocked. Bottom line, watch Meteor Garden and the answer is before your eyes.

And Ken serious look so young in the poster. More like CLH the teenage years.

Adam Cheng and Michael Miu are my favorites for the role.

Important question is who are the producer and director? Must be Taiwanese.
    I have a personal rule never to watch nor buy any series that has any of these factors:
    1) Taiwanese investors
    2) Taiwanese producer/director
    3) Taiwanese main lead.
    Taiwanese dramas all have the same formula. Long draggy pointless plots giving lots of opportunities for more crying and fillers to make the plot even more boring.

i don't know but he looks more like clh than ken does...sigh...and clh is suppose to be the best looking guy in the series too...what a waste. when will they finally do this novel justice and cast the right male leads. mkw will forever be the best clh in my opinion...
    Last edited by Surferket; 06-22-06 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I don't mind him either.. but i can't picture him as a CLX So far.. not impressed. But I guess we will never know. HXM was kind of a let down as YG even tho he looked nice in promotinal pics
    I agree, which is why I want to give ken a chance, because I was one of those who had high expectations from HXM in ROCH, and he was kind of annoying and exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Not just on looks, but the guy got no skills as an actor. Too pull off a charismatic charcter like CLH requires both the right appearance/charm and acting ability.

Lookwise, Ken is alright, but he is no CLH. If that was the only issue, then I might not be so shocked. Bottom line, watch Meteor Garden and the answer is before your eyes.

And Ken serious look so young in the poster. More like CLH the teenage years.

Adam Cheng and Michael Miu are my favorites for the role.
    Meteor Garden is how many years ago? That's like saying none of the F4 members will actually improve in acting (or singing). Vic was really bad in MG, but he has improved, in both his speech and acting. I can't really tell how bad ken's acting was in MG, because his role is pretty one-dimensional, and he had really limited screen time.

darn..sammul is in this serie too??...they ask him to film for this serie rite after he left tvb...
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/eternityxdream/eternityxdream5du.gif'), '')

the guy looks too young for CLH. who is benny playing?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Well, Ken's manager had confirmed that he won't use his nose ring while he acted as Chu Liu Xiang so it won't be that weird...

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Meteor Garden is how many years ago? That's like saying none of the F4 members will actually improve in acting (or singing).
    MG was around 2003ish so not too long ago!!!! consider about series on 90's/80's.

Anyway I think I'm gonna skip this series cos it's look cr@p

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    i'm trying to keep an open mind
    The only problem i have with the series at the moment is the bad casting... but thinking positively, maybe they'll surprise us

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmelody33
    Well, Ken's manager had confirmed that he won't use his nose ring while he acted as Chu Liu Xiang so it won't be that weird...

Good! a nose ring will really look out of place, in an ancient show, unless they are from some tribe or something

MG was around 2003ish so not too long ago!!!! consider about series on 90's/80's.

Oh, I meant MG 1 actually. I didn't really watch MG 2 *coughs*, because the storyline was so overboard with Michelle Saram, speaking about who can't act, she's the one who really cant.

i think there are more eye candies for the ladies than for the guys...because i'm not really feeling the actresses in this series.