Thread: Luk Siu Fung vs. Chor Lau Heung

Default Luk Siu Fung vs. Chor Lau Heung

After five years, I can't believe we've never tried this topic. What kind of wuxia fans are we (heavily Jin Yong-oriented, I guess, but still, this is an obvious topic that's kind of hard to miss)?

So the two playboy detective heroes of the Gu Long universe meet for a martial arts competition. It's one-on-one, no allies.

Both come weaponless (as they prefer to fight unarmed), but on either side of the battle area are racks loaded with swords, sabers, spears, etc....one of each for each man.

Who takes this?

I remember that in the one of the adaptation wiht Adam Cheng it was stated that Chor Lau Heung was pretty good (super good) with sword. He fought against one of the best swordfighter in the realm.

So Chor Lau Heung is famous for his "Pebble snapping skill" and his gigong. And he his great with swords, although not famous with it. Does he has other secret skills?

Dont know what Luk Siu Fung' skills are.

Current predict, Chor Lau Heung

Chor Lau Heung was a fine swordsman, but I doubt he was as good as Sai Mun Chui Sheut or Yip Goo Sing, and Luk Siu Fung was able (barely) to catch their swords, so catching Chor Lau Heung's should not be impossible for him.

I'm not sure the Divine Finger Snap (which is East Heretic Wong Yerk See's domain in the Jin Yong universe) was actually a skill that Chor Lau Heung had, or at least used very often. In the legendary 1979 TVB CHOR LAU HEUNG adaptation starring Adam Cheng, it was his main martial art, but I've been told that that's not the case in the novel...that he either doesn't know the skill at all or uses it in a very limited way.

Chor Lau Heung's hing gung was the best of his time, but Luk Siu Fung's was also said to be the best of his time. It'd be interesting to see which one's hing gung is better. Just a hing gung contest alone between these two would be interesting even if they didn't exchange blows.

Finally, Luk Siu Fung's signature martial art is his Ling Sai 1 Finger...which can stop any melee weapon on defense and is as deadly as any bladed weapon when used offensively. He is an all-around great martial artist, and probably no worse than top five in his era in most categories (number one hing gung, number one finger technique, top five inner power, top five external skills).

Didn't LSF have some hidden martial arts level or something, that he always rose to the occassion and nobody knew his true level?

Quote Originally Posted by tape
    Didn't LSF have some hidden martial arts level or something, that he always rose to the occassion and nobody knew his true level?
    Yes, although there was a level that even he couldn't rise above. I can see him pulling out a win against Sai Mun Chui Sheut, but he's helpless against the likes of Gung 9.

I wonder if Chor Lau Heung had a similar ability?