Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Yangs versus the Guos

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I don't know if Huang Rong would necessarily defeat Yang Guo a battle of wits. HR may be smarter than YG but it's not like that means victory is 100% assured. When two people play chess the stronger one doesn't defeat the weaker one all the time.

Iron Maiden Swordplay was created by Huang Yaoshi. Yang Guo later taught HYS Jade Maiden in exchange for HYS previously teaching him Tanzhi Shentong. HYS altered it and created Iron Maiden Swordplay, which is a formation which requires more than 2 people to use and employs the use of the iron flute that HYS had along with other weapons. However it is said that this art could only be used to about 20% at the time and that the power is increased greatly when musical instrument weapons more suitable to the art are utilized. In HYS's final days he was able to devise weapons suitable for the formation but there were no martial artists available who could learn how to use these new weapons or the formation.
    Can you pls provide the chapter that this occured?

I'd never remember reading about this in the ROCH

Han Solo

I don't know if Huang Rong would necessarily defeat Yang Guo a battle of wits. HR may be smarter than YG but it's not like that means victory is 100% assured. When two people play chess the stronger one doesn't defeat the weaker one all the time.
    It's not 100%.. but I think HR might have a higher chance of winning.

Iron Maiden Swordplay was created by Huang Yaoshi. Yang Guo later taught HYS Jade Maiden in exchange for HYS previously teaching him Tanzhi Shentong. HYS altered it and created Iron Maiden Swordplay, which is a formation which requires more than 2 people to use and employs the use of the iron flute that HYS had along with other weapons. However it is said that this art could only be used to about 20% at the time and that the power is increased greatly when musical instrument weapons more suitable to the art are utilized. In HYS's final days he was able to devise weapons suitable for the formation but there were no martial artists available who could learn how to use these new weapons or the formation.
    Mind telling me which part of ROCH says this... Got to go back to reading ROCH.. Hmm..

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

yeah i cant seem to remember when this happen too...and i read Book4 twice! care to post the actual paragraph that proves this? i'd prefer in the translated version tho coz i dont read chinese....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Yang faimly to win.
    1 on 1.
    YG vs. GJ: GJ wins because XLN is alive and YG's palm therefore isn't as strong. So GJ victorious.
    XLN vs. HR: XLN wins with swords flying all over the place.
    Condor vs GX: Condor wins. The Condor's level in the "sword stage" is somewhere in the Heavy Iron or between Heavy Iron and Regular Sword. GX's sword technique are regular sword level.

It's curious to see how some people say GX at her "peak". I'm curious, how strong really is GX at her peak? I know she created E-Mei, but none of the arts of E-Mei trully stood out (like Kong Dong has 7 Injury Fist. Wudang has Taji. Shaolin has 72 arts. Hua Shan is a bit inconsistent- XAJH has Khi Xia Shen Gong and then Blood Stained Sword has Hwuan Yuan Palm, Kuw Lun has that sword formation according to JMZ). With this in mind, I find it quite inconvincing that her cultivation could match up with LCY. However, her cultivation surely was somewhat impressive (maybe Din QC, MRF level?)

If it's the Guo family at the end of ROCH, the Yang's will win.

YG is a even match for GJ. XLN in a straight up fight will win against HR. None of the rest of the Guo family can stand up against the condor.

I wonder though. What if they pit GX against YG, HR against the Condor and GJ against XLN. This is in the style that HR used in the Heroes Meet.

GJ should win against XLN.

GX will obviously lose/forfeit (with hearts in her eyes) to YG.

HR actually has a good chance of beating the Condor since JY did state that it didn't so much know martial arts but was simply really strong. If HR wore her armour (I still think that's such a cheating item =P) to reduce any damage she does take and uses a strong stick for Dog-Beating Stick, she very likely could completely bamboozle the Condor with tactics. I think that if HR were to know of the Condor's capabilities beforehand, she has a better chance of winning than losing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    I wonder though. What if they pit GX against YG, HR against the Condor and GJ against XLN. This is in the style that HR used in the Heroes Meet.

GJ should win against XLN.

GX will obviously lose/forfeit (with hearts in her eyes) to YG.

HR actually has a good chance of beating the Condor since JY did state that it didn't so much know martial arts but was simply really strong. If HR wore her armour (I still think that's such a cheating item =P) to reduce any damage she does take and uses a strong stick for Dog-Beating Stick, she very likely could completely bamboozle the Condor with tactics. I think that if HR were to know of the Condor's capabilities beforehand, she has a better chance of winning than losing.
    This won't happen. YG is not a fool, he would ba able to recognise this immediately. HR needs better tricks..

Btw, the condor is said to be really strong. Even GWM is slightly scared of it. I think it can break the stick no matter how strong with the force of its wings..

this is ridiculous..since when is the condor considered a yang? if this is between 2 families then outsiders should not be involved; otherwise, it's just cheap. and as if the condor would have the heart to hurt gx. she'll melt him with her personality and then beat the crap out of him.

since when do condors have the hots for humans?

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    since when do condors have the hots for humans?
    since they've learned to teach human beings martial arts.
    Last edited by patricia n; 06-19-06 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    since they've learned to taught human beings martial arts.
    I don't think brother Condor is a pedophile. If anything, he would do a threesome with the Guo's two eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lam
    I don't think brother Condor is a pedophile.
    ah...how would we know? and i didn't mention anything about romance...don't you guys melt when you see a cute little kid with a magnetic personality? it's almost basic human instinct...

EDIT: i just read your editted post. no comment. i'm not going there.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    ah...how would we know? and i didn't mention anything about romance...don't you guys melt when you see a cute little kid with a magnetic personality? it's almost basic human instinct...
    Thus one of the many reasons why the Golden Wheel Monk sacrificed his life to save GX. I feel sorry for Goldie though.

i dont know...it just feel a bit off to think that Goldie even had a soft spot for anyone....i mean, he's supposed to be super evil!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    yeah i cant seem to remember when this happen too...and i read Book4 twice! care to post the actual paragraph that proves this? i'd prefer in the translated version tho coz i dont read chinese....
    I dont think that happened at all...

k2grey must be dreaming then....or wrote his own version of ROCH...no offense there...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

We probably should disqualify the Divine Condor. For goodness' sake, however intelligent the creature was, it wasn't human. You need to be human to qualify as either a Yeung or a Gwok.

YG vs GJ
    XLN vs HR

Going back to the same thing again.

just wondering what basis makes you guys believe that XLN would beat HR for sure ? I would say it would be pretty close.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwiz
    YG vs GJ
    XLN vs HR

Going back to the same thing again.
    Yes, it's the center of our religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Yes, it's the center of our religion.
    How about Miss Yang in HSDS?

How well will GX, GPL and GF fare against Miss Yang?