Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Yangs versus the Guos

GF and GPL martial art sucks but GX at her peak might be something but i still think miss yang will be superior...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    This won't happen. YG is not a fool, he would ba able to recognise this immediately. HR needs better tricks...

Well, if it really were in the style of the Hero's Meet (which is the pertinent point). Then there is the challenger and the receiver.

IF the Yang's were the challengers, my tactic is perfectly valid since the Guo's would then be able to use whoever in response to the challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    This won't happen. YG is not a fool, he would ba able to recognise this immediately. HR needs better tricks..

Btw, the condor is said to be really strong. Even GWM is slightly scared of it. I think it can break the stick no matter how strong with the force of its wings..
    Agreed. The Condor's power is to the point that you can't really use the chia miua or changes and trickery (which is the type of art Dog Beating Stick is) to get your opponent. You can only trully rely on true power. And that was what Condor was trying to teach YG when YG figured out that all the sword stance that relied on trickery became useless.

If that's the case, I believe it would still favor Yang Faimly. As good as GX's E-Mei arts are, do you think it can really stand up to Yang faimly's Jade Maiden, Partful 9 Yin? Now that I rethink about that battle against ZZR, I think that Lady Yang didn't need the full 9 Yin to beat ZZR. Lady Yang may have just learned the 9 Yin in the tomb and it trully was probably enough because Lady Yang was the Orthodox way and there was quite a few arts in the tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    just wondering what basis makes you guys believe that XLN would beat HR for sure ? I would say it would be pretty close.
    I believe XLN is believed to be 1 level lower than a Great because of her relatively weak internal in comparision to a Great. However her External Jade Maiden rocks the world up with one word-SPEED. As good as Dog Beating Stick is, XLN's Double Jade Maiden sword is described WAY faster filled with fake and real techniques that can't be distinguished (fake can be eliminated in your mind if you are like WCY, GJ, ZBT, YG where you mastered "countering Jade Maiden" 9 Yin). Hm... if HR may have learned the 3 arts needed to eliminate the fake's in her mind, but even if she sees real techniques, I'm still curious whether or not HR can take the speed of the swords.

I highly doubt HR can beat XLN for similar reasons. She's just too fast and HR just isn't that good.

However, against the Condor, the whole point is to _not_ go head to head against it. Take advantage of its instincts and use its force against itself.

Dog-Beating stick isn't like Jade Maiden and full of tricks. Dog-Beating is about manipulation of motion and redirection of force. It might not be up to the level of Tai Chi, but it's certainly excellent. As long as HR is away of the Condor's power and she's using something less flimsy than a bamboo stick, there's a good chance she can outmanuever, fool and trip up the condor.

Without foreknowledge though, HR's chances drop to the floor.

How are you going to redirect the Divine Condor when it flaps its wings with the power of multiple first class fighters? Dog Beating Stick may be great but it doesn't redirect wind.

I see my joke about the Iron Maiden band and its relationship to Jade Maiden went over the heads of many

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I see my joke about the Iron Maiden band and its relationship to Jade Maiden went over the heads of many
    You won't find too many old school metalheads in an Asian-oriented discussion forum.

Re: the Divine Condor. It can't be that hard to get *behind* it, could it?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    How are you going to redirect the Divine Condor when it flaps its wings with the power of multiple first class fighters? Dog Beating Stick may be great but it doesn't redirect wind.
    That's precisely what HR won't do. Hence my comment about pre-knowledge. If she didn't know, she'd be KO'd by such a blast.

But if she knew, then she has all the tools at her disposal to fool, trip up, get around, bamboozle, etc. the poor condor who ultimately is still a beast and governed by instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    That's precisely what HR won't do. Hence my comment about pre-knowledge. If she didn't know, she'd be KO'd by such a blast.

But if she knew, then she has all the tools at her disposal to fool, trip up, get around, bamboozle, etc. the poor condor who ultimately is still a beast and governed by instinct.
    HR did say that overwhelming force is definitely enough to break through, which the Condor can precisely do.

There are numerous ways that Wong Yung can overcome the Divine Condor:

1). Wong Yung digs a huge pit and camouflages it. She then taunts the condor into chasing her in the direction of the pit. Wong Yung leaps over the pit. The Divine Condor, whose bird brain won't process the notion of "trap" that quickly (or at all) will fall into the pit. Subsequently, hundreds of beggars under Wong Yung's commands will throw burning torches, boulders, sandbags, acid, whatever. No more bird problem.

2). Wong Yung turns around and lets the Divine Condor claw her on the spot of her body armor where Lam Hei Yan struck her all those years earlier.

3). Wong Yung plants a huge boulder at the top of a hill. She then goads the Divine Condor into chasing her up the hill. When Wong Yung reaches the top, she triggers a mechanism that causes the boulder to roll down the hill and crush the condor...or at least its legs.

4). Wong Yung leads the Divine Condor on a merry chase into a Peach Blossom Maze.

5). Wong Yung distracts the bird with her excellent cooking, then drops a huge boulder on it while it's busy eating (this one sounds like a Wile E. Coyote trick).

Break what? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

My point is that since the Condor isn't a human with martial arts, it wouldn't know to try to break HR's staff. Furthermore, HR could use something stronger than a bamboo staff. While the Condor possibly could have greater running speed, it can't match HR's agility.

In any case, it's not a clear-cut victor but HR still stands a very good chance of winning.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Based on the initial post I've got to say that the Yangs are going to beat the Guos pretty badly.

Yang Guo himself could already take on Guo Jing (they're pretty much equal in terms of martial arts).

Xiao Long Nu can take on Huang Rong (Xiao Long Nu could probably beat her).

And the Divine Condor could defeat Guo Fu, Guo Xiang, and Guo Polu easily.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i still refuse to believe that yang guo would actually beat guo jing....
    but since xln is most probably gonna defeat huang rong, and the gonna is so gonna stomp on the kids...so, guess the yangs still gonna win...

Break what? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

My point is that since the Condor isn't a human with martial arts, it wouldn't know to try to break HR's staff. Furthermore, HR could use something stronger than a bamboo staff. While the Condor possibly could have greater running speed, it can't match HR's agility.
    eh, if huang rong is taking the condor, who's gonna deal with xiao long nu? not seriously thinking of the kids are you? and huang rong couldnt possibly fight xln and then condor, given if she defeats xln that is, thatd be like she has super strength to do it, which is highly unlikely....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 06-19-06 at 10:14 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Didn't you read my post?

The only way the Guo's can win is if they use clever tactics (assuming they're being challenged in the style of the Hero's Meeting).

When they send out YG. Send out kid GX to lose/forfeit/get stars in her eyes.

Then when they send out XLN, send out GJ to defeat her.

Finally the only battle that isn't almost certain is when they send out the Condor. Hr has a better than 50% chance of winning, but it's still too close to be certain.

However, any other matchup means the Guo will certainly lose.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Didn't you read my post?

*cheeky grin* guess i missed it...scrolled up already...hmm, yeah if they fight like they did in the heroes meet, i guess the guos have a chance of winning....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    i still refuse to believe that yang guo would actually beat guo jing...
    *Throws a sad palm GJ's way and let it rip*

If we take everybody in their peak condition overall that we know of:

Matured Guo Xiang, Guo Jing, Huang Rong, and their children.
    -vs-
    Yang Guo, Little Dragon Girl, The Yellow-dressed Lady Yang

Guo Jing =~ Yang Guo
    Huang Rong =~ Little Dragon Girl (IMO)
    Guo Xiang > Yellow-dressed Lady (IMO)
    Guo Jing's other children are basically useless, but they still count for something.

The conditions are in the GUOs' favor.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I have the feeling that the older Guo Xiang might be > Huang Rong. She did make a sect after all which grew to being #3 really fast. Not quite as impressive as Z3F's sect but still extremely cool.

I'm pulling for the Guos.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    If we take everybody in their peak condition overall that we know of:

Matured Guo Xiang, Guo Jing, Huang Rong, and their children.
    -vs-
    Yang Guo, Little Dragon Girl, The Yellow-dressed Lady Yang

Guo Jing =~ Yang Guo
    Huang Rong =~ Little Dragon Girl (IMO)
    Guo Xiang > Yellow-dressed Lady (IMO)
    Guo Jing's other children are basically useless, but they still count for something.

The conditions are in the GUOs' favor.
    In that case then we need to adjust the 20 year age difference between Guo Jing and Yang Guo. If so, I would presume that Yang Guo at the age of 56 is greater than GJ at that same age.