View Poll Results: Who is the worst teacher in the Jin Yong universe?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bai Zizai - killed and severely injured any student who did not "sing along" with his ludicrousness

    1 2.44%
  • Cheng Kun - raped and killed his innocent student's family in a long-term personal scheme

    27 65.85%
  • Ding Chunqiu - sacrificed his students' lives casually

    13 31.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Who is the worst martial arts teacher ever?

  1. #1
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,376

    Default Who is the worst martial arts teacher ever?

    Please select your choice in the poll.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  2. #2
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,620

    Default

    I'd say it's Sing Kwun. The man murdered his student's entire family and raped his wife. You can't have a worse teacher than that.

  3. #3
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,376

    Default

    In my urgency to get the poll out to the forum as soon as possible (but not before Ken spotted the thread), I forgot to include the necessary OTHER option. If you think OTHER is the best choice, please share your thoughts with the rest of the forum in this topic.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  4. #4
    Senior Member Extremer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LOHAH - Land of Honour & Happiness
    Posts
    2,405

    Post

    It's got to be Cheng Kun for the title of worst martial arts teacher. He changed Xie Xun's life completely within one night.

    How about Qi Changfa? He deceived Di Yun and Qi Fang. He was indirectly the one that caused them to be unable to be with each other.
    ..ext88

  5. #5
    Senior Member MysteriouX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Empyrean Realm
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    What do you mean by worst martial arts teacher?

    Cheng Kun: he may have killed his student's entire family but I think he still managed to teach his student a good lvl of martial arts.

    Yue Buqin: most of his students' martial arts were rigid and nearly everytime many were injured in battles.

    Zhao ZhiZhing: jealousy and rage he never taught Yang Guo any martial arts.

    any other names to be listed?

  6. #6
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,376

    Default

    What Cheng Kun did was of the utmost despicableness. However even he still referred to Xie Xun with a touch of affection -- that is to say, he originally cherished Xie Xun as a student. On the other hand, Ding Chunqiu is truly an unsurpassed scumbag. He was one of the worst students to begin with (having crippled the Xiaoyao Elder). Most of his students were kidnapped and forced to join his sect; not many people with a sense of mind would devote themselves to worship such a world-reknown big time evil-doer. He merely recruited his students as tools to cheer for him (read: butt-kiss) or to be sacrificed at the slightest whim. Whenever he needed a shield or scapegoat, he would reach for his poor students. he never demonstrated any compassion towards any of his students.

    I would say that Ding Chunqiu is definitely the most consistent, circumstance-unbound worst teacher ever.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  7. #7
    Banned Ken Tran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Cheng Kun in a heartbeat. He raped first then killed: there is no greater sin than that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    What do you mean by worst martial arts teacher?
    I mean the way they treated their student(s).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Ding Chunqiu. At least Cheng Kun actually taught his student some decent martial arts. DCQ wasn't a teacher in the first place.

    Now, it's debatable whether Cheng Kun or DCQ is more evil, but DCQ is definitely the worse teacher.

    Edit: Also, DCQ plainly intended to go and rape Ah Zhi. And he has a technique that requires him to go and kill one of his disciples every time he uses it. Cheng Kun may go after his student's family as well but we can forgive DCQ for not doing this since he has alot more students and it's a bit tedious to kill every family.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Loke-Gao-Zhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    314

    Default

    ok you guys used the term "raped" wrong, cheng kwun tries to rape her but he ended up killing her

  11. #11
    Member WuxiaGem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    164

    Default

    I would add Mie Jue shi tai to the list. Although she's not intentionally horrible to her dicisple, her unreasonable and unenlightened views really messed up ZZR's future.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Extremer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LOHAH - Land of Honour & Happiness
    Posts
    2,405

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem
    I would add Mie Jue shi tai to the list. Although she's not intentionally horrible to her dicisple, her unreasonable and unenlightened views really messed up ZZR's future.
    Honourable mention. How could we forget Miejue old nun?
    ..ext88

  13. #13
    Senior Member Fearless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Throne
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Ding Chunqiu. At least Cheng Kun actually taught his student some decent martial arts. DCQ wasn't a teacher in the first place.

    Now, it's debatable whether Cheng Kun or DCQ is more evil, but DCQ is definitely the worse teacher.

    Edit: Also, DCQ plainly intended to go and rape Ah Zhi. And he has a technique that requires him to go and kill one of his disciples every time he uses it. Cheng Kun may go after his student's family as well but we can forgive DCQ for not doing this since he has alot more students and it's a bit tedious to kill every family.
    indeediosis.. indeediosis
    盈盈道:岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。

    令狐冲道:这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。

    我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

  14. #14
    Senior Member Temujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Wuxialand
    Posts
    2,383

    Default

    Candidates are many and you didn't say it's Jin Yong only :

    Li Mochou - killed her own student in an effort to escape death

    Qi Changfa - deceived his own daughter, disciple, and martial brothers

    Huang Yaoshi - disabled his own innocent students by breaking their legs

    Yue BuQun - deceived his own family, friends, and students, including LHC, to
    cover his hyprocracy and hunger for power

    Ding ChunQiu - treated his students like disposable things, ready to be use for his poisonous techniques

    Cheng Kun - killed and raped his student's wife and children
    Princess Yao Yue - manipulated her own student since he was a baby with the intention of having him killing his own twin brother

    Xie Yan Ke - taught Shi PoTian martial arts in order for him to die



    I would go with DCQ, he treats all his students like his slaves, he probably rapes and kill them like they are dirts
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

    ----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

  15. #15
    Senior Member Extremer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LOHAH - Land of Honour & Happiness
    Posts
    2,405

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Princess Yao Yue - manipulated her own student since he was a baby with the intention of having him killing his own twin brother
    LOL. Did she even thought of Hua Wuque as her student? She basically treats him as a dog in her eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Xie Yan Ke - taught Shi PoTian martial arts in order for him to die
    Officially they aren't master and student, although SPT treat him as a teacher.
    ..ext88

  16. #16
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    What Cheng Kun did was of the utmost despicableness. However even he still referred to Xie Xun with a touch of affection -- that is to say, he originally cherished Xie Xun as a student. On the other hand, Ding Chunqiu is truly an unsurpassed scumbag. He was one of the worst students to begin with (having crippled the Xiaoyao Elder). Most of his students were kidnapped and forced to join his sect; not many people with a sense of mind would devote themselves to worship such a world-reknown big time evil-doer. He merely recruited his students as tools to cheer for him (read: butt-kiss) or to be sacrificed at the slightest whim. Whenever he needed a shield or scapegoat, he would reach for his poor students. he never demonstrated any compassion towards any of his students.

    I would say that Ding Chunqiu is definitely the most consistent, circumstance-unbound worst teacher ever.
    The lot of them are scumbags but I think DCQ has a unique position because he 'scummed' both upwards and downwards. Others 'scummed' their students or their teachers but DCQ did both.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    I would add Mie Jue shi tai to the list. Although she's not intentionally horrible to her dicisple, her unreasonable and unenlightened views really messed up ZZR's future.
    What will be ZZR's future if Miejue did not mess it up? ZWJ's wife?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Qi Zhangfa

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    Qi Zhangfa
    From a Deadly Secret. Have not watched this series.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-17, 01:23 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-16, 10:11 AM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-10-10, 12:07 PM
  4. Worst martial arts parody movie
    By JamesG in forum Movies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-14-08, 08:41 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-23-07, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •