Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the final combat || Stephen Chow

watched some last night. lol; [; heyy the girl who wants to revenge on the king, the lady in red, is she in love with francis & does francis get over yammie? i cant really tell. he looks really HOT in his costume. lol<33 but he`s probably SUPPPER-old now.

anyways, i saw the part where stephen asked a little girl to deliver a message to the jacq, & told her he`d give her money to buy candy. but the mother say him & hit him. because she thot he was perverted or something. & he got beat up. HiLARiOUS. i admit, the story line isn`t very good, but keeps you on edge.... like i kept wanting to watch more because at SOME parts, its suspensful.

& it`s funny how; lightening strikes at the right moment [because francis turns into a monster when lighting strikes].

&& the prince of dai li, he likes jacq huh? i can sorta tell but not sure. [; hes so cuuutee to mee. lol.

*omg. i`m falling for old guys. lol;
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 06-22-06 at 07:35 PM.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

oh...hearing you talk about it makes me want to see the series again sooooo badly. oh, the memories ...

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    You got any talisman to help me? I promise to share share with you can?
    if i did, i would not be working or posting here. well...maybe i would still post here.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

if i knew how i`d upload them on youtube. or something.... but the series is hilarious. you`re right, stephen is an UGLY girl. it`s so funnie, how he can go on lying all the time. like when he met his uncle/ sui ba?<-- i cant spell.

i think his relationship with his sui ba; is more unique then his father & his.....

&& who played the king? i see him in tons of movie.... i remember him distinctively from "magic needle, mythical crane" he played Nam Hai Binh;
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 06-22-06 at 07:40 PM.

where did you rent the series? i've been looking for it but can't find it anywhere...and i assume your rental shop has other old school series as well (like road for the heroes)?

i'm glad you're enjoying the series...it's not the best plot but it sure does provide endless entertainment. it doesn't try too hard to please yet it's just soooo comical, consistently hilarious.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

im` not sure... my mom brought it home. [; i can`t OFFiCiALLY buy dvd`s yet. but we live on MAUI, hawaii. we don`t have rent shops on this island. so my mom buys it off ebay, it`s like 99 cents a disk.... but shipping is ridiculous... sorry i cant help.

yea this series is hilarious... the good oldies..... this is the first time, i gotten replies to an old movies. because we have lots of old movies......

another fav. of mines thats OLD is mystery of twin swords with dicky & roger. hilarious<33

mystery of the twin sword is great as well...everyone played his/her respective role very well...back then, the leads could act. sigh...tvb just stinks nowadays.

glad to know that your mom got the final combat off of ebay...even if it is vhs ripped, i may get it. i'm not too picky about the quality onscreen and am more interested in the storyline and script. thanks for letting me know.

oh no it`s not tapes. it`s dvd`s or something... it`s on a cd format.

yea the old TVB was pretty good. SOME [today] are good, but too predictable... i liked the barbara yung movies... [;

This was my absolute favorite series when it came out. I watched it on TV, recorded it on VHS when TVB repeated it (in the middle of the night!) and finally bought the VCD when it came out.

It's a light-hearted watch and hilarious at some points. Still remember that the catch phrase really caught on back then (in the series Stephen would say this at most opportunities!!):-

"Chor Dui, Yum Dam Cha, Sik Gor Bao"
    (Sit down, drink some tea, eat a dumpling)

Yep... Definitely a series from the 'Golden Age of TVB'. Although some TVB series are quite good lately (I've just finished watching Safeguard), most are quite forgettable. Too many pretty boys/ girls, questionable acting abilities, big scale productions with too much empahasis on scenary rather than script or acting.......etc.

Anyway. Final Combat is definitely worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffinduffin
    This was my absolute favorite series when it came out. I watched it on TV, recorded it on VHS when TVB repeated it (in the middle of the night!) and finally bought the VCD when it came out.

It's a light-hearted watch and hilarious at some points. Still remember that the catch phrase really caught on back then (in the series Stephen would say this at most opportunities!!):-

"Chor Dui, Yum Dam Cha, Sik Gor Bao"
    (Sit down, drink some tea, eat a dumpling)

Yep... Definitely a series from the 'Golden Age of TVB'. Although some TVB series are quite good lately (I've just finished watching Safeguard), most are quite forgettable. Too many pretty boys/ girls, questionable acting abilities, big scale productions with too much empahasis on scenary rather than script or acting.......etc.

Anyway. Final Combat is definitely worth a watch.

i still can't believe how much i enjoyed this series...for something with almost no plot (or a cheesy plot) it was done very well. good acting, cheesy, corny lines and just fun overall...i really want to see it again. urgh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n

i still can't believe how much i enjoyed this series...for something with almost no plot (or a cheesy plot) it was done very well. good acting, cheesy, corny lines and just fun overall...i really want to see it again. urgh!!!
    omg. im having phim tau [chinese movies] withdrawal symptoms.. lol. i havent watched it in a while!! where you succesful of finding it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8
    omg. im having phim tau [chinese movies] withdrawal symptoms.. lol. i havent watched it in a while!! where you succesful of finding it yet?
    no..but i haven't tried. once i have my break, i will definitely look around. my brother knows of a place that still rents out old series but it seems as though the rental only has the more popular old series.

hmm...i will not rest until i find it!!!

did you try to find websites where you can download it? i know some websites you can download it & burn in onto your own disks..... but i wouldn`t do that, because my computer is already slow. good luck trying to find the series.

*your lucky you have renting places. here in hawaii we dont. my friend in florida she rents..... lucky giirl :]

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8
    did you try to find websites where you can download it? i know some websites you can download it & burn in onto your own disks..... but i wouldn`t do that, because my computer is already slow. good luck trying to find the series.

*your lucky you have renting places. here in hawaii we dont. my friend in florida she rents..... lucky giirl :]
    i don't know of any...can you pm me some? thanks.

there`s a vietnamese site, but i don`t know if they have... you can try. are you viet by the way? cuz it`s dubbed-in viet...

http://www.vnexpress.org/forums/index.php?act=home

thanks...but i cannot remember the vietnamese title for this series...can someone help me out? thanks.

Me too but I don't want in Vietnamese please. Plain Canto/Mandarin can?
    BT...BT....

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    thanks...but i cannot remember the vietnamese title for this series...can someone help me out? thanks.

whoa!! been a while since i've been online.

the vietnamese title is

cai the hao hiep. i hope i spelt it right. [;

TS group in SG is having a 10% promotion for all their TVB series and this series is S$56.90 before the discount. TS members will get a S$5 rebate coupon for every S$40 purchase to use for their next purchase.
    The price looks yummy now

this is good, the thing is, stephen chow only made 1 series, and it was this, the other stuff he did was all movies.

really? i think my mom has another series in the closet. back in the 8O`s? not sureee<33 i get him confused sometime; with tony leung in the ancient. well yeaaaa. this one was good; the fighting scene was hilarious. it looked like really bad-choreagraphed wrestling & his outfit. haha