Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the final combat || Stephen Chow

Default the final combat || Stephen Chow

i know it`s a really OLD OLD series. but has anyone seen it? im` watching it. what do you guys think? i don`t know if there is a thread or not. but yyeaa, cant find it?

spcnet.tv has a review

so far, stephen`s character is funnie, watching the beginning, i thot it was DICKY CHEUNG; but its not.

i think the vietnamese title is CAi THE HAO HiEP; correct me if im` wrong?
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 06-18-06 at 08:18 PM.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

i can't remember the vn title. this series was ridiculously funny and i enjoyed it all the way through. the plot is so so, but i really enjoyed the cast and the 2 main leads: stephen and jacqueline law.

spoilers:
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    i was initially annoyed by stephen's devotion to yummie yam (the girl known as the prettiest girl), but i thought it was so sweet how he realized that he loved jacqueline (the main girl) and how he confessed his love to her while drinking the wine which makes people tell the truth. he thought he loved her but he wasn't sure and he did not want to hurt her by saying something else while drinking the wine...so after he drank the wine, and confessed, she believed him and they got together.

really how sweet. im` not at the part yet..... lol. im` at the part where his "brother" got poisoned/possessed & everytime it thunders or rains; he goes physcho. lol...

i wonder, is the "brother" francis ng? is he really good or just acts good but does evil things & says its for the better? <-- not sure if you understand that

Hey any cover pic please?

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Hey any cover pic please?

http://www.mg9h.5chau.com/MovieInfo/...e.Hao.Hiep.jpg

^-^ the vietnamese box set version. i cant find a bigger picture of it, because yesasia.com, the pics there dont get too big. :] i`ll try find the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8
    i wonder, is the "brother" francis ng? is he really good or just acts good but does evil things & says its for the better? <-- not sure if you understand that [/font]
    spoilers
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

/
    /
    i can't remember this part...i do remember that francis is the main bad guy in the end. and yammie's storyline is really sad, you feel sorry for her in the end as she's a good guy afterall. i think francis is the brother...

really? his character reminds me of the character in MAGiC NEEDLE, MYTHiCAL CRANE 92`; tao long? he reminds me of hiim; his character. :] this movie is so interesting. especially the part where stephen dresses up as a girl!! haha

Thanks.

Darn. Saw this somewhere and didn't buy it. Didn't realise it was good.

http://www.mg9h.5chau.com/MovieInfo/...e.Hao.Hiep.jpg

^-^ the vietnamese box set version. i cant find a bigger picture of it, because yesasia.com, the pics there dont get too big. :] i`ll try find the cast.

Thanks.

Darn. Saw this somewhere and didn't buy it. Didn't realise it was good.
    it's not the best series but it does provide for a lot of laughs despite the corny jokes and cheesy lines. not a very impactful story, however, at the end of the day, you are glad you watched it. even my brothers who do not enjoy tv series anymore (unless there are excellent fighting sequences) had a great time watching stephen chow, francis ng, and jacqueline law (who they found really hot in this series when she's suppose to be an average looking girl).

really? his character reminds me of the character in MAGiC NEEDLE, MYTHiCAL CRANE 92`; tao long? he reminds me of hiim; his character. :] this movie is so interesting. especially the part where stephen dresses up as a girl!! haha
    i had forgotten about that scene...i only remember he was an ugly girl. man, now i wish i can get my greedy fingers on this series and a road for the heroes (another super funny series...lame but funny...beats many series nowadays that try too hard and fail).
    Last edited by patricia n; 06-21-06 at 03:48 PM.

Sigh...means later I'll have to go hunting for this again....

Hmmm...thought Jacq is Taiwanese?

Sigh...means later I'll have to go hunting for this again....

Hmmm...thought Jacq is Taiwanese?
    you're thinking of a different jacqueline.

the one in this series is a tvb actress...very popular back in the days (even though i wish she got the chance to do more series as she's pretty hot and talented). this is jacqueline law in the series. hope that helps...but this series is very cheesy and is more of a comedy than wuxia...i don't want to mislead you in any way. so renting it or not is your decision but i hope you don't blame me if the series doesn't deliver. good luck on the hunt.

That's ok since I love Stephen's style of nonsensical humour. I loved his Monkey set of 2 movies. Even Dicky can't copycat him properly.
    Yah diff Jacq. I really like the Taiwanese Jacq. Her face very unique and has character.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    you're thinking of a different jacqueline.

the one in this series is a tvb actress...very popular back in the days (even though i wish she got the chance to do more series as she's pretty hot and talented). this is jacqueline law in the series. hope that helps...but this series is very cheesy and is more of a comedy than wuxia...i don't want to mislead you in any way. so renting it or not is your decision but i hope you don't blame me if the series doesn't deliver. good luck on the hunt.

This is one of my favorite series back then, Stephen did very good job in here

i don`t like jacq`s character. her dubbed-voice makes it really HORRiBLE; but she looks REALLY cuute with stephen. the viet-dubbed voice is BLAHHH; i don`t enjoy HER dubbed-voice. i WiSH the actors could choose people to do their own voices to make it similar to theirs. grrr. but i thot yammie was pretty too. she has pretty eyes.

this one is kind of cheesy but hilarious..

"lets just sit down, eat a bun, drink tea & talk about it" <--- you hear it alot. that line. lol;

yammie is beautiful...but all of my brothers really thought jacqueline was hotter at the time. jac's char is annoying at first but she gets better and yammie is the opposite. both women did a good job, yet jac's char is what keeps your interest later on...her and stephen. man...i wish i can see it again.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Do you have SG$69.90 to spare? That's the price of this vcd set selling at one of our local video chain.....DOH!!! So bloody XXX!!!

yammie is beautiful...but all of my brothers really thought jacqueline was hotter at the time. jac's char is annoying at first but she gets better and yammie is the opposite. both women did a good job, yet jac's char is what keeps your interest later on...her and stephen. man...i wish i can see it again.

i love this series. It's definitely a no-no if you want good fighting scenes and strong plot but the show is so hilarious especially Stephen Chow (and his trademark dialogue - "Have a sip of tea and eat a bun"), Jacqueline and the old couple (don't know their name)

Do you have SG$69.90 to spare? That's the price of this vcd set selling at one of our local video chain.....DOH!!! So bloody XXX!!!
    don't complain...at least they sell it in your language. but that is a very steep price...maybe you should aim to win the lottery.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather
    i love this series. It's definitely a no-no if you want good fighting scenes and strong plot but the show is so hilarious especially Stephen Chow (and his trademark dialogue - "Have a sip of tea and eat a bun"), Jacqueline and the old couple (don't know their name)
    that was my favorite line and it always brought a smile to my face every time he said it....those were the good old tvb days.

You got any talisman to help me? I promise to share share with you can?

don't complain...at least they sell it in your language. but that is a very steep price...maybe you should aim to win the lottery.