3 12.50%
  • YTZ & MRF

19 79.17%
  • Clueless.

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Match: QQR versus YTZ & MRF

Default Death Match: QQR versus YTZ & MRF

Iron Palm Sect Leader QQR (internal energy comparable to a Great & Iron palms & "floating over water" lightness kungfu) versus the classic DGSD pairing that hindered XF for some time: YTZ (YJJ internal energy & Icy SilkWorm Poison Palm) & MRF (average/subpar internal energy & Dou Chuan Xing Yi). Who will come out victorious?

woah...i never knew the poll would be that lopsided against the underdog QQR. thus, i've decided to list some of QQR's known accomplishments at least from what i know so far:

- YiDeng (master of the highest level of 1 Yang Finger plus having purer internal energy than Yang Guo) could only beat QQR by half a move or so.
    - Golden Wheel Monk (mastered level 10 of Dragon Elephant Bo Yea Gung) took a whole day to defeat QQR.
    - ZBT was tied to QQR until he started using his Left-Right Technique.
    - QQR singlehandedly took out 5 QuanZhen Elder Disciples, and 2 small potato disciples known as Chiu Gee Ging (the mean and terrible 'SiFu' of Yang Guo when he was sent to QuanZhen Sect) and Wan Chi Ping (name changed?).
    - QQR's iron palm did damage to Wong Yung to such an extent that 9 Yin Manual could not heal her injuries.
    - QQR's Lightness Kung-Fu was unmatched in LOCH (only beaten by XLN's Left-Right Technique Combo of Tomb Sect Lightness Kungfu and 9 Yin Manual Lightness Kung-Fu in ROCH. may need clarification.).
    - QQR can easily handle XuanMing Elders had such a battle occur.

And let's not forget here that YTZ and MRF battle with XF would've resulted in XF eventually becoming the winner after some time, which i think would be the similar situation had XF fought against QQR. QQR certainly is no walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    woah...i never knew the poll would be that lopsided against the underdog QQR. thus, i've decided to list some of QQR's known accomplishments at least from what i know so far:

- YiDeng (master of the highest level of 1 Yang Finger plus having purer internal energy than Yang Guo) could only beat QQR by half a move or so.
    - Golden Wheel Monk (mastered level 10 of Dragon Elephant Bo Yea Gung) took a whole day to defeat QQR.
    - ZBT was tied to QQR until he started using his Left-Right Technique.
    - QQR singlehandedly took out 5 QuanZhen Elder Disciples, and 2 small potato disciples known as Chiu Gee Ging (the mean and terrible 'SiFu' of Yang Guo when he was sent to QuanZhen Sect) and Wan Chi Ping (name changed?).
    - QQR's iron palm did damage to Wong Yung to such an extent that 9 Yin Manual could not heal her injuries.
    - QQR's Lightness Kung-Fu was unmatched in LOCH (only beaten by XLN's Left-Right Technique Combo of Tomb Sect Lightness Kungfu and 9 Yin Manual Lightness Kung-Fu in ROCH. may need clarification.).
    - QQR can easily handle XuanMing Elders had such a battle occur.

And let's not forget here that YTZ and MRF battle with XF would've resulted in XF eventually becoming the winner after some time, which i think would be the similar situation had XF fought against QQR. QQR certainly is no walk in the park.
    You're forgeting one factor. That factor is OLD AGE.... In terms of actual arts, if QQR were as young as XF, QQR may posssibly win. However, no...., he is in his freakin 90s! As good as QQR is, his endurance would eventually give out against 2 YOUNG guys. This is like asking Yideng or MRB? MRB wins because Yideng's endurance would eventually give out due to old age.
    So... Old age is a big factor in battles. As you can see, QQR actual arts may have been enough to win, but his body won't give him the time.

I thought that Xiao Feng would end up losing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    I thought that Xiao Feng would end up losing?
    Yeah.... I thought XF would eventually lose due to XL28Z eating energy like crazy. XF trully turned everything around after DY went and fought MRF (while XZ was handling DCQ) leaving YTZ vs XF 1 on 1. And of course, XF showed YTZ what he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Yeah.... I thought XF would eventually lose due to XL28Z eating energy like crazy. XF trully turned everything around after DY went and fought MRF (while XZ was handling DCQ) leaving YTZ vs XF 1 on 1. And of course, XF showed YTZ what he had.
    o shoot is that what happened in the novel? i thought XF was just doing that ZWJ thing in the battle with YTZ and MRF (making it a par fight), where the longer he fights, the more beasty he becomes. waitasec, did u guys mean that XF would eventually lose in the battle with DCQ included in the equation? or did that only happen in the tv series?

and regarding QQR's old age thing, he still can fight crazy for a whole day at the minimum. and people keep forgetting, old age = more battle experience. Experience could be key to defeating those promising youngsters at the time (for YTZ anyways).
    Last edited by augster123; 06-19-06 at 12:03 PM.

For the sake of clarity, could you please spell out the abbreviated names next time? You had 2 YTZ's in your 2 polls and they were different people.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Anyway, You Tanzhi and Murong Fu would slaughter Qiu Qianren. They are a truly deadly combo.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    For the sake of clarity, could you please spell out the abbreviated names next time? You had 2 YTZ's in your 2 polls and they were different people.
    ? uh...both my polls pointed to You TanZhi...dunno how u got two different people for the YTZ abbreviation....did u think i meant White Eagle King Yin TinZheng for the icemen poll? i dont think he has an ice move...i meant You TanZhi with his silk iceworm poison palm. hope that clears things up. please leave comments on how u think the battles would unfold. thanks.

did u think i meant White Eagle King Yin TinZheng for the icemen poll?
    Oh, you meant You Tanzhi and not Yin Tianzheng in the other poll? Well, my mistake then. But you can see how they can be both abbreviated as YTZ and that could lead to some confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Anyway, You Tanzhi and Murong Fu would slaughter Qiu Qianren. They are a truly deadly combo.
    hahah a one sided slaughter eh? how do u see QQR lose out the most to this combo? someone pointed out his old age as the factor but i believe his experience makes up for that and he proved to be high in stamina by fighting Golden Wheel Monk for a whole day. he was able to handle multiple opponents as shown in his shining fight in QuanZhen Sect.

internal energy-wise, QQR should be comparable to a great, whether this is greater than You TanZhi or not remains in a question mark but no doubt far surpasses MRF. Technique-wise, he is undoubtedly greater than YTZ and should be better than MRF with his iron palms and lightness kungfu. can MRF use Dou Chuan Xing Yi effectively on QQR's moves with his subpar internal energy...i'm edging towards a no.

If even XF would eventually lose, there's no way QQR will do better.

We make fun of MRF a lot but he wasn't a weak fighter. And a single mistake against YTZ is death.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    If even XF would eventually lose, there's no way QQR will do better.

We make fun of MRF a lot but he wasn't a weak fighter. And a single mistake against YTZ is death.
    was XF "losing" eventually to jus the duo pairing of YTZ and MRF? or was it with DCQ included in that team? bummer...i thought it was the other way around with XF "tying but winning" eventually against the duo pairing of YTZ and MRF. that was the only reason i put QQR up on stage again. Dang it, made another imbalanced poll? geees.

The combo of You Tanzhi and Murong Fu is really strong.

I don't think MRF needs superior inner power to use Douzhuan Xingyi / Shifting Stars, wasn't he able to redirect DCQ's attacks onto his own disciples?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    The combo of You Tanzhi and Murong Fu is really strong.

I don't think MRF needs superior inner power to use Douzhuan Xingyi / Shifting Stars, wasn't he able to redirect DCQ's attacks onto his own disciples?
    With QQR's superior speed and those hard-hitting, high internal energy powered iron palms, DCQ cant be put in the same category. If MRF can do Dou Chuan Xing Yi to Xiao Feng like 75-80% of the time, then sure i'd say MRF can do it to QQR no problem.

hahah a one sided slaughter eh? how do u see QQR lose out the most to this combo? someone pointed out his old age as the factor but i believe his experience makes up for that and he proved to be high in stamina by fighting Golden Wheel Monk for a whole day. he was able to handle multiple opponents as shown in his shining fight in QuanZhen Sect.

internal energy-wise, QQR should be comparable to a great, whether this is greater than You TanZhi or not remains in a question mark but no doubt far surpasses MRF. Technique-wise, he is undoubtedly greater than YTZ and should be better than MRF with his iron palms and lightness kungfu. can MRF use Dou Chuan Xing Yi effectively on QQR's moves with his subpar internal energy...i'm edging towards a no.
    I know what you're talking about. He fought forever with JLFW and I think this is a inconsistency in JY. When QQR fought YG (and at this time, he was 16 years younger), QQR gradually was losing because his palm power was weakening due to tiredness which comes from: OLD AGE.
    His external arts own those 2 fighters. However old age won't give him the time needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I know what you're talking about. He fought forever with JLFW and I think this is a inconsistency in JY. When QQR fought YG (and at this time, he was 16 years younger), QQR gradually was losing because his palm power was weakening due to tiredness which comes from: OLD AGE.
    His external arts own those 2 fighters. However old age won't give him the time needed.
    Okay, i see what u mean in his fight against YG. but let's say we take the QQR from the time period between end of LOCH and the beginning of ROCH. Would this QQR be able to prevail, assuming he still retains his past battle experiences and not physically too old, now? i'm also guessing his battle experience has lessened dramatically after following YiDeng at the end of LOCH, so i'm assuming QQR was at his peak in the time period between the end of LOCH and the beginning of ROCH.

was XF "losing" eventually to jus the duo pairing of YTZ and MRF? or was it with DCQ included in that team? bummer...i thought it was the other way around with XF "tying but winning" eventually against the duo pairing of YTZ and MRF. that was the only reason i put QQR up on stage again. Dang it, made another imbalanced poll? geees.
    with DCQ, XF could only hold them off for a very limited amount of time. He would clearly lose if the triple team had held on. It's also noticable that XF doesn't have a mutiple fighter or formation art, so mutiple is not as suitable for XF (on contrary GJ with Dipper formation would probably do a bit better). When it turned into YTZ/MRF against XF, I believe the battle was still leaning toward MRF/YTZ side. XF may be blasting one super palm out at a time but YTZ absorbs a high % of it and MRF works with the rest. With the palm power eating energy from XF and the MRF/YTZ side showing no sign of losing, I believe XF would have still lost if the battle had kept on for over an hour when the energy factor gets to XF. Even in the 3rd edition, with a better written XL28Z, XF was still running out of gas. XF's palm was later described using trickery-chiao jin. However, that is still different from GJ's way.
    Pretend 1-10 is the different times a jin or energy is used in the process on one palm. GJ is like when he releases 1-4, no energy. 5- when you meet the opponent's force, XL18Z power. 6-10 the retracting part- no energy. So GJ's palm fights when needed at stage 5 with 1-4 and 6-10 not using power and saving energy.
    I believe the old 2nd edition was 1-10 all using energy. Full out. As you can see, only at the 5th stage of the palm, you need the power. so the other 9 stage's energy is all wastered. The 3rd edition using the word chiao jin gives me the impression that in a the different palm stages, it may be something like this: stage 1- power, stage 2 no power, stage 3 no power, stage 4 power, stage 5 power, stage 6 no power, stage 7 power, stage 8-9 no power and stage 10 power. So the trickery and chiao jin gives me the impression that he gives his energy a wide variety of uses. XF says that his XL28Z is complicated which gives me the impression on the use of jin(notices how this is not like H7G's version where it is more simple). As you can see, it's more conservative than the old 2nd edition but still not as good as GJ's conservative part.
    Last edited by Whsie; 06-19-06 at 07:22 PM.

Okay, i see what u mean in his fight against YG. but let's say we take the QQR from the time period between end of LOCH and the beginning of ROCH. Would this QQR be able to prevail, assuming he still retains his past battle experiences and not physically too old, now? i'm also guessing his battle experience has lessened dramatically after following YiDeng at the end of LOCH, so i'm assuming QQR was at his peak in the time period between the end of LOCH and the beginning of ROCH.
    If we're talking about a QQR with the same endurance he has in LOCH and the same level of art he has in Post 16 years ROCH, QQR would at least have a better chance of winning. However, it's still a bit doubtful because XF wasn't having much luck, but then again, the main reason why XF was losing is because of the energy factor.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    wasn't he able to redirect DCQ's attacks onto his own disciples?
    Yes. But when Ding Chunqiu used the Energy-dissipating Technique on Murong Fu, if there were no third parties scapegoats, then Murong Fu would have been deeply fried.