View Poll Results: ZWJ versus YTZ, XuanMing Elders & Green Bat King

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZWJ is their daddy! He never loses!

13 36.11%
  • ZWJ's new name shall be frosty the snowman.

21 58.33%
  • hmmm. not sure.

2 5.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ZWJ vs. YTZ, XuanMing Elders & Green Bat King.

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    In the battle of the Ming people on the Ming peak, didn't left herald use QKDNY to redirect all the palms of everybody? I dont know if this happends in the book, but the adaptation 86 showed this. If YTZ and the elders are all maching palms with ZWJ at the same time, he shouldnt hav any problem redirecting their palms (energy).
    This will have to depend on the abilities of the fighter. I'm sure the elders are far superior compared to these people. The 7th level is able to absorb the energies of the XuanMing elders just nice, with the addition of two more experts, I doubt he can hold on. If the energy absorbed is so strong, how can one redirect when he cannot absorb? ZWJ would explode if he was to absorb all their combined energies.

Does the concept of redirect involve absorbing? I always thought of redirecting like diverting a stream of energy. One just change the direction, not absorbing and then blasting it out in another direction.

Does the concept of redirect involve absorbing? I always thought of redirecting like diverting a stream of energy. One just change the direction, not absorbing and then blasting it out in another direction.
    Yeah...i thought it was more like diverting, similar to the Tai Chi concept. QKDNY 7th level can absorb energy? can u explain it more? like what determines the capacity of how much one can absorb? and can he turn off this absorbing thing but still use the strength of redirection of QKDNY 7th level?

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    Yeah...i thought it was more like diverting, similar to the Tai Chi concept. QKDNY 7th level can absorb energy? can u explain it more? like what determines the capacity of how much one can absorb? and can he turn off this absorbing thing but still use the strength of redirection of QKDNY 7th level?
    Absorbing energy is required in the 7th level too. When ZWJ was challenging Fan Yao, the other Herald of Ming Cult. He used the seventh level of QKDNY... Which is described as below:

张无忌运起乾坤大挪移心法中第七层功夫,将他掌力渐渐积蓄,突然间大喝一声,反震出去,便如一座大湖在山洪 爆发时储满了洪水,猛地里湖堤崩决,洪水急冲而出,将苦头陀送来的掌力尽数倒回。这是将对方十余掌的力道归 并成为一掌拍出,世上原无如此大力。

As seen from above, the seventh level of QKDNY requires the need to absorb and charging of energies before unleashing them... He collected energy from Fan Yao, like a dam full of water before unleashing all the power inside.

You can't really determine the capacity of 7th level QKDNY's absorption. But there must be a limit to how much ZWJ can absorb and unleash. All else he is virtually indestructible. At the tower where the sect leaders are held captive, we know that he was unable to defeat the two XuanMing elders that easily as he cannot get to ZZR to save her. He needs full concentration when fighting both experts, as i said in my earlier post. Hence, I believe he cannot stand a chance if two other powerful pugilists join in the fight.
    Last edited by Phoenix_Aquaris; 06-21-06 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    It was. When ZWJ was challenging Fan Yao, the other Herald of Ming Cult. He used the seventh level of QKDNY... Which is described as below:

张无忌运起乾坤大挪移心法中第七层功夫,将他掌力渐渐积蓄,突
    然间大喝一声,反震出去,便如一座大湖在山洪爆发时储满了洪水,猛地里湖堤崩决,洪水
    急冲而出,将苦头陀送来的掌力尽数倒回。这是将对方十余掌的力道归并成为一掌拍出,世
    上原无如此大力。

As seen from above, the seventh level of QKDNY requires the need to absorb and charging of energies before unleashing them...
    i see...so one using QKDNY 7th level needs to absorb first before unleashing...does it mention the limit to the amount that one can absorb before unleashing? is it equivalent to how much internal energy one has? i think the strategy by using QKDNY level 7 and Tai Chi Fist on XuanMing Elders and Green Bat King while avoiding direct confrontation of YTZ can still apply here...pretty hard no doubt but not impossible

It was. When ZWJ was challenging Fan Yao, the other Herald of Ming Cult. He used the seventh level of QKDNY... Which is described as below:

张无忌运起乾坤大挪移心法中第七层功夫,将他掌力渐渐积蓄,突
    然间大喝一声,反震出去,便如一座大湖在山洪爆发时储满了洪水,猛地里湖堤崩决,洪水
    急冲而出,将苦头陀送来的掌力尽数倒回。这是将对方十余掌的力道归并成为一掌拍出,世
    上原无如此大力。

As seen from above, the seventh level of QKDNY requires the need to absorb and charging of energies before unleashing them...
    I cant see how ZWJ would loose here. He has tai chi and 9 yang to redirect and autodefence to hold off the opponents. Perhaps this is not enough to win, but he could absobs energy along the way with QKDNY and unleashing them back when he cant absorb anymore. That blast should be powerful enough to knock anyone down, or at least out.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    i see...so one using QKDNY 7th level needs to absorb first before unleashing...does it mention the limit to the amount that one can absorb before unleashing? is it equivalent to how much internal energy one has? i think the strategy by using QKDNY level 7 and Tai Chi Fist on XuanMing Elders and Green Bat King while avoiding direct confrontation of YTZ can still apply here...pretty hard no doubt but not impossible
    See my edited post.. Perhaps it can provide some more answers?

I'm not sure if it is equivalent to one's internal energy. The experts in the forum should be able to tell you that, it's not inside the book as far as I'm concerned.(It could be inside the book, after all my memory is getting worse nowadays)

He needed to use full concentration on his QKDNY when dealing with the Xuan Ming elders as I said earlier. Or else he will fire deviate, as powering 9 Yang energy into QKDNY 7 level is a very risky thing to do. I don't think he can pull off another skill at the same time. Not to mention trying to dodge off YTZ attacks. So in my opinion.. Impossible..
    Last edited by Phoenix_Aquaris; 06-21-06 at 04:17 AM.

Although ZWJ was good, but fighting against the Xuanming Elders, Wei Yixiao plus YTZ lurking around could be quite dangerous.
    ..ext88

I cant see how ZWJ would loose here. He has tai chi and 9 yang to redirect and autodefence to hold off the opponents. Perhaps this is not enough to win, but he could absobs energy along the way with QKDNY and unleashing them back when he cant absorb anymore. That blast should be powerful enough to knock anyone down, or at least out.
    *Aiyoh, I have to complete my rpg segment,but never mind, this seems interesting...*

I think(don't kill me, my opinion) you quite underestimated the power of the XuanMing elders here. They are very powerful exponents that ZWJ still has difficulty fighting them at the end of the novel...

If all four of them release their energies, you think its possible for ZWJ to absorb the most he can absorb and ignore the leftovers. In my opinion, no, he can't. If you get hurt while you are absorbing energies, the power absorbed would no longer be under your control. On the contrary, it gets turned against you. ZWJ would suffer a crushing defeat if he attempted this.

It is powerful of course(referring to the blast) but imagine all opponents are at different directions. If he were to unleash in one direction, he could only knock out one. If he threw it in all directions, the power would be much weakened. And still, I stand firm on my opinion that he cannot choose absorb only a certain amount of those energies, so in my opinion, this can't be done.

let's face it ZWJ can't win this fight...

Somehow I feel that he have a better chance if they all attack at once. If they all hit him at once (matching palms/energy), then coouldnt he use QKDNY and taichi to redirect the palm of YTZ to the XuanMing elders and vice versa. Its like the scene of YS, but x10. He will then use YTZ's power against the elders or/and vice versa. Then he dont need to absorb and only uses his body as a medium for YTZ and XuanMing elders to fight eachother. I know that QKDNY 7th level require absorbing, but ZWJ has merge QKDNY and Tai Chi into one body. Shouldnt he be able to pull this off? MHO

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    let's face it ZWJ can't win this fight...
    well...not without a fight

Somehow I feel that he have a better chance if they all attack at once. If they all hit him at once (matching palms/energy), then coouldnt he use QKDNY and taichi to redirect the palm of YTZ to the XuanMing elders and vice versa. Its like the scene of YS, but x10. He will then use YTZ's power against the elders or/and vice versa. Then he dont need to absorb and only uses his body as a medium for YTZ and XuanMing elders to fight eachother. I know that QKDNY 7th level require absorbing, but ZWJ has merge QKDNY and Tai Chi into one body. Shouldnt he be able to pull this off? MHO
    IMHO, using your body as a medium for diverting energy cannot be done in this case. The power in his body would damage him severely before he could divert them to their new owners. In this case, he is absorbing energies, his bodies have to store these energies, change their direction and deflect them. If these energies are more than what he can store, he will only be hurting himself.

somehow i don't think ZWJ can redirect the palm energy of YTZ cos his internal is not inferior to ZWJ.

Im basing my theory upon the adaptation of 86. Im currently reading HSDS, but havent come the QKDNY part yet. Could anybody , who have read the book, tell me if QKDNY has this ability or not. If not, then I stand corrected; ZWJ will loose. But untill then, I stand not corrected.

Im basing my theory upon the adaptation of 86. Im currently reading HSDS, but havent come the QKDNY part yet. Could anybody , who have read the book, tell me if QKDNY has this ability or not. If not, then I stand corrected; ZWJ will loose. But untill then, I stand not corrected.
    I read the book Why not take my opinion? lol..

I read the book Why not take my opinion? lol..
    Because you dont share my opinion

If they all hit him at once (matching palms/energy), then coouldnt he use QKDNY and taichi to redirect the palm of YTZ to the XuanMing elders and vice versa.
    I don't think YTZ would let ZWJ to redirect his palm that easily.
    ..ext88

Im basing my theory upon the adaptation of 86. Im currently reading HSDS, but havent come the QKDNY part yet.
    You're not even finish with half of HSDS, more exciting things to follow...
    ..ext88

I think ZWJ can absorb then redirect/unleash any amount of internal energy quite easily if it was Yang energy. However, if it was Yin energy which i'm assuming covers the Xuan Ming Elders and Green Bat King although it may differ with YTZ's Yi Jin Jing, ZWJ would have a limit to the amount he can absorb and redirect/unleash.

Thus, the question may be this: is YTZ's YJJ internal energy building based on Yang energy, Yin energy, or neutral? if it was neutral, there is probably still a limit to how much ZWJ can absorb but still that limit is not as bad as Yin energy. If all the opponents' internal energy was Yin based, then ZWJ would have to utilize everything he's got known in his Tai Chi concepts, to try to absorb, sustain and unleash as much Yin energy as his body can possibly do.

Say if it was Z3F with the QKDNY level 7, then Z3F can absorb any type of energy and then neutralize/change it to an energy he prefers and then unleash. Thus, ZWJ here will have to use all he knows in Tai Chi concepts.