View Poll Results: ZWJ versus YTZ, XuanMing Elders & Green Bat King

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZWJ is their daddy! He never loses!

13 36.11%
  • ZWJ's new name shall be frosty the snowman.

21 58.33%
  • hmmm. not sure.

2 5.56%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ZWJ vs. YTZ, XuanMing Elders & Green Bat King.

I believe that is the right movie then, since I remember that scene with RWX from the beginning. I believe they were also shouting out the names of moves in the style of Japanese anime? E.g. at some point RWX yelled "Essence Absorbing Stance" during the fight with DFBB (?) who shot needles at people?

I distinctly also remember the scene with DFBB catching a cannonball, some kind of naval battle, and then two people fighting by swining naval masts at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I believe that is the right movie then, since I remember that scene with RWX from the beginning. I believe they were also shouting out the names of moves in the style of Japanese anime? E.g. at some point RWX yelled "Essence Absorbing Stance" during the fight with DFBB (?) who shot needles at people?

I distinctly also remember the scene with DFBB catching a cannonball, some kind of naval battle, and then two people fighting by swining naval masts at each other.
    hmmm maybe i should rewatch that movie again...because i dont remember DFBB catching a cannon ball....but nonetheless yah, if ZWJ had the sucking power of RWX in swordsman2, he can pull off that stunt YX did at Brightness Peak no problemo.

It might be Swordsman3?

It might be Swordsman3?
    swordsmen 3 did not have RWX or Jet Li though...maybe the cannonball catching thing...meh o well the point being is ZWJ has a chance in this battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    The book did mention that during that battle ZWJ can actually defeat the Xuanmin elders without much problem, but he still must be careful.
    Mind quoting? Sorry if I'm asking too much, but I always thought he had to concentrate fully on the battle.. He needed to use 7th level QKDNY combined with his 9 Yang which is described as very risky and very energy-depleting.. I also quoted earlier that 6th level is insufficent to defeat them..

It said that since ZWJ went through the battle against the 3 Du Generation monks, his martial art level increased again, so the Xuanmin elders are actually easier for ZWJ.

And the 30 palms thing...., ZWJ needed only 20 something palm to beat Xuanmin elders in the 2nd fight .
    IIRC, what you wrote only applies when the XuanMing elders did not use any weapons. Let me try quoting:
    玄冥二老自恃内力深厚,玄冥神掌是天下绝学,是以一上阵便和他对掌,岂知张无忌的九阳神功却非任何内功所能 及,数十掌一过便即落败。他二人的兵刃却以招数诡异取胜,两人的名号便是从所用兵刃而得,鹿角短杖和鹤嘴双 笔,每一招都是凌厉狠辣,世所罕见。
    Of course, I was thinking in a real battle, the elders would use their weapons wouldn't they?

The only reason the elders didn't die was because ZWJ held back and even when he used 30% on one of the elders, that elder was already spitting blood out. And on that battle, ZWJ was only using QKDLY, not the 7th level.
    I agree. But things change when the XuanMing elders are using their weapons, they seem to be much more powerful with them. ZWJ had to concentrate entirely on the battle after this, he could not even go to rescue ZZR.

Against the Du Generation, it says only one of the highest level, not 7th level, so I presume it meant 5th or 6th level(because JY would say that ZWJ was using 7th level).
    I doubt this. ZWJ cared so much about his godfather, I don't think he just used the 5th or 6th level of QKDNY to challenge the monks. Whereas, just to teach the XuanMing elders a lesson, he put in all his might? Are you sure about this? I don't think it makes sense. No offence, but they said he put in all his effort in the battle, but did not use the 7th level?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    Mind quoting? Sorry if I'm asking too much, but I always thought he had to concentrate fully on the battle.. He needed to use 7th level QKDNY combined with his 9 Yang which is described as very risky and very energy-depleting.. I also quoted earlier that 6th level is insufficent to defeat them..

It said that since ZWJ went through the battle against the 3 Du Generation monks, his martial art level increased again, so the Xuanmin elders are actually easier for ZWJ.

IIRC, what you wrote only applies when the XuanMing elders did not use any weapons. Let me try quoting:
    玄冥二老自恃内力深厚,玄冥神掌是天下绝学,是以一上阵便和他对掌,岂知张无忌的九阳神功却非任何内功所能 及,数十掌一过便即落败。他二人的兵刃却以招数诡异取胜,两人的名号便是从所用兵刃而得,鹿角短杖和鹤嘴双 笔,每一招都是凌厉狠辣,世所罕见。
    Of course, I was thinking in a real battle, the elders would use their weapons wouldn't they?

I agree. But things change when the XuanMing elders are using their weapons, they seem to be much more powerful with them. ZWJ had to concentrate entirely on the battle after this, he could not even go to rescue ZZR.

I doubt this. ZWJ cared so much about his godfather, I don't think he just used the 5th or 6th level of QKDNY to challenge the monks. Whereas, just to teach the XuanMing elders a lesson, he put in all his might? Are you sure about this? I don't think it makes sense. No offence, but they said he put in all his effort in the battle, but did not use the 7th level?
    1.张无忌曾与玄冥二老数度交手,知道他二人本来已非自己对手,最近自己与渡厄等三僧三度剧斗,武功又深了 一层,要击败二人可说绰绰有余。只是二人毕竟修为非同小可,却也不敢轻忽,
    ZWJ could defeat them without that trouble, but he still can't be careless. He first broke the weapons with the Dragon Saber. Of course, this is while sending a portion of his internal to ZM. I know the quote that you used, but it didn't make a lot of sense since ZWJ used 7th level here and 5th,6th level (what I think since JY didn't mention 7th level like he always does) against Du Generation. But I'll explain this later.

2. However, if ZWJ had used more than 30% on his hits, the Xuanmin elders wouldn't have even got the weapons out and be killed. 总算张无忌不欲伤他性命,这一掌真力只用了三成,鹤笔翁哇的一声,吐出一口鲜血,脸色已红得发紫,身子摇晃 ,倘若张无忌乘势再补上一掌,非教他毙命当场不可。鹿杖客肩头中掌,也痛得脸色大变,嘴唇都咬出血来。Ev en agaisnt the person that gave him the Xuanmin palm problem for years, he only used 30% and it said another palm would definitely kill him. So if ZWJ had used 60%+, he would have died. And the other person, took less than 30% (probably 20%) and blood was already leaking. If ZWJ had done 60% on either of them, those elders would be in heaven. 玄冥二老是赵敏手下顶儿尖儿的能人,岂知不出三十招,便各受伤。It would be dead, not injured if ZWJ hadn't hold back. So weapons not out, in heaven.
    玄冥二老仍是各出双掌,一守一攻,所使掌法已和适才全然不同,但被张无忌一引一带,仍是鹿杖客的左掌击到了 鹤笔翁的右掌之上,这乾坤大挪移手法之巧,计算之准,实已到了匪夷所思的地步。From this quote, I don't get the impression that ZWJ is even using a high level reversal (5,6,7). It shows that ZWJ can utilize QKDLY incredibly, but didn't show that he was using a high level (JY would usually mention a high level) which contradicts with what JY would say much later in the 3rd battle.
    About weapons, it was so unfair, if only ZWJ had his Tai Chi sword with him.

3. Well, blame it on ZWJ not using 60%+. But you're correct, they seem to give more trouble with weapons.

4. 这是乾坤大挪移心法中最高深的功夫之一,掌力游走不定,虚虚实实,将三僧的掌力同时粘住了。O ne of the highest level, but I don't think it was in the catergory of 7 because you've said it before, 7th level depletes the internal like crazy. At that point of the battle, there wasn't any sign of which side was winning, so ZWJ didn't know if this battle was going to stop in 1 min or in 4 hours. If it was go to 4 hours, do you think ZWJ would be wasting all that internal? I highly doubt it. And usually JY would mention 7th level when he does actually use the 7th level like the FY case or Xuanmin elders case.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    1.张无忌曾与玄冥二老数度交手,知道他二人本来已非自己对手,最近自己与渡厄等三僧三度剧斗,武功又深了 一层,要击败二人可说绰绰有余。只是二人毕竟修为非同小可,却也不敢轻忽,
    ZWJ could defeat them without that trouble, but he still can't be careless. He first broke the weapons with the Dragon Saber. Of course, this is while sending a portion of his internal to ZM. I know the quote that you used, but it didn't make a lot of sense since ZWJ used 7th level here and 5th,6th level (what I think since JY didn't mention 7th level like he always does) against Du Generation. But I'll explain this later.
    I'll explain this later too.

So weapons not out, in heaven.
    I know about this. Just didn't mention earlier, I just presume in a real battle they have their weapons ready.. If not for those weapons. they would have died.

玄冥二老仍是各出双掌,一守一攻,所使掌法已和适才全然不同,但被张无忌一引一带,仍是鹿杖客的左掌击到了 鹤笔翁的右掌之上,这乾坤大挪移手法之巧,计算之准,实已到了匪夷所思的地步。From this quote, I don't get the impression that ZWJ is even using a high level reversal (5,6,7). It shows that ZWJ can utilize QKDLY incredibly, but didn't show that he was using a high level (JY would usually mention a high level) which contradicts with what JY would say much later in the 3rd battle.
    About weapons, it was so unfair, if only ZWJ had his Tai Chi sword with him.
    Where did you get this quote? The tower battle? Gotta read it again...

But from their final battle(after the vs 3 monks battle), it was said that ZWJ needed to use 7th level of QKDNY against them.

玄冥二老是顶尖高手,如以第五六层的挪移乾坤功夫对付,却又奈何二人不得.

if his skills improved after the battle with the Du monks, then how could he defeat the XuanMing elders earlier without the use of 7th level.. It is like A>B>C>A, isn't it?

4. 这是乾坤大挪移心法中最高深的功夫之一,掌力游走不定,虚虚实实,将三僧的掌力同时粘住了。O ne of the highest level, but I don't think it was in the catergory of 7 because you've said it before, 7th level depletes the internal like crazy. At that point of the battle, there wasn't any sign of which side was winning, so ZWJ didn't know if this battle was going to stop in 1 min or in 4 hours. If it was go to 4 hours, do you think ZWJ would be wasting all that internal? I highly doubt it. And usually JY would mention 7th level when he does actually use the 7th level like the FY case or Xuanmin elders case.
    Going by the way you put it, 7th level is MUCH stronger than 6th level. Because you said it is not much of a trouble for ZWJ to defeat the XuanMing elders but 6th level is not enough. Can I take it to mean 7t level is much more powerful than 6th level.?

If what I just wrote is true, ZWJ can be on par with the Du generation monks if he used 5-6th level. If he boosted his power using 7th level, wouldn't he be at least able to take down one? Given the big difference in power between the two levels? The formation would be down and he can rescue his godfather with ease...

Hence, I doubt it. JY didn't mentioned the 7th level is taxing btw.. It was only when you combined QKDNY 7 level with 9 yang.. If he can use 7th level, he would have done it..

Well, when something like "one of the highest levels of QKDNY" is said, that sorta implies it isn't _the_ highest level, or else it would have just said "the highest level of QKDNY" instead. Sort of how saying that John Smith is one of the shortest men in the world, implies he is not _the_ shortest man.

BTW I submit ZWJ's difficulties with the Xuan Ming Elders to be an indication that Zhang Sanfeng is still THE MAN ;D

Z3F really does kick *** and take names whenever he fights (or in the case of the Xuan Ming elder, didn't fight).

Well, when something like "one of the highest levels of QKDNY" is said, that sorta implies it isn't _the_ highest level, or else it would have just said "the highest level of QKDNY" instead. Sort of how saying that John Smith is one of the shortest men in the world, implies he is not _the_ shortest man.

BTW I submit ZWJ's difficulties with the Xuan Ming Elders to be an indication that Zhang Sanfeng is still THE MAN ;D
    By the way, he didn't write "one of the highest levels"... Instead he wrote:

这是乾坤大挪移心法中最高深的功夫之一

Maybe it does mean the one of the highest level. But I was under the impression it means one of the most powerful skill, after all, there are various skills in QKDNY I suppose?

Guys, I know that the use of quotes is necessary, but could u use it at a minimum or at least give a short translation. I cant read Chinese and feeling a bit left out. Although I have an idea what the quotes are saying, I dont know for sure, so I cant really discuss the latest topics.

Please dont stop using quotes, since they are the only "proofs".

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    Guys, I know that the use of quotes is necessary, but could u use it at a minimum or at least give a short translation. I cant read Chinese and feeling a bit left out. Although I have an idea what the quotes are saying, I dont know for sure, so I cant really discuss the latest topics.

Please dont stop using quotes, since they are the only "proofs".
    Sorry.. If you have problems with any quotes, ask people to explain for you.. We will do it for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by dallasjameswilliams View Post
    YTZ by himself would take care of ZWJ for good.
    how so? ZWJ practically has one of the best counter/black star martial arts (9 Yang Divine Skill, Tai Chi Fist + Sword, QKDLY) set to take on YTZ.