View Poll Results: The Team Winner: Who is it?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Wheel Monk, Xiaoxiangzi, Nimoxing, & Yin Kexi

    4 23.53%
  • You TanZhi, MuRong Fu, & Ding ChunQiu

    11 64.71%
  • who knows!! but front row seats pls!

    2 11.76%
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Team War: Team GJ Pwners versus Team XF Pwners

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default Team War: Team GJ Pwners versus Team XF Pwners

    Time for a team war! Team GJ pwners (consist of Golden Wheel Monk, Xiaoxiangzi, Nimoxing,& Yin Kexi) versus Team XF pwners (consist of You TanZhi, MuRong Fu, Ding ChunQiu).

    Whether it was Dragon Subduing 18 palms or Dragon Subduing 28 palms, both teams proved to be victorious, ganging against those 2 honorable heroes of valor: GJ & XF.

    Now its time for the Showdown between these two teams. Who will win?

  2. #2
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,370

    Default

    Have you ever considered starting a SURVIVOR GAME?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  3. #3
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,370

    Default

    In reality, Ding Chunqiu didn't really contribute to the fight with Xiao Feng. It was all Murong Fu and You Tanzhi.

    As for this poll, Ding Chunqiu alone can probably take on the 3 weaker warriors. Golden Wheel Monk might not be a match for the deadly combo--although he is the villain so you know he will think up something un-xia to do.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Have you ever considered starting a SURVIVOR GAME?
    unfortunately i dont have enough knowledge to start one and i find it more enjoyable to discuss these wicked but impossible battles with fellow wuxia fans and to figure out how each character would fight in such battles.

    DCQ being able to handle the three lackeys remain a question mark as i'm unsure of DCQ's ability to handle multiple opponents. personally i see the combined three lackeys to edge out DCQ a lil, giving one of them a chance to help out Golden Wheel Monk against the deadly duo YTZ and MRF from time to time.
    Last edited by augster123; 06-19-06 at 04:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    This fight won't work out unless on a porportional scale, GJ pwners would portportionally increase to the same difficulty that it would give 56 year GJ as it would 40 year GJ. This porportional increase is needed because most people agree that 55 years GJ~XF. XF>40 years GJ. So there has to be an adjustment. If the adjustment is made, uh... I'm still not sure. Maybe GJ pwners because JLFW is on par with a Great. While none of XF's pnwers are equal to him.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    This fight won't work out unless on a porportional scale, GJ pwners would portportionally increase to the same difficulty that it would give 56 year GJ as it would 40 year GJ. This porportional increase is needed because most people agree that 55 years GJ~XF. XF>40 years GJ. So there has to be an adjustment. If the adjustment is made, uh... I'm still not sure. Maybe GJ pwners because JLFW is on par with a Great. While none of XF's pnwers are equal to him.
    yes all the characters in the battles i put down are in their "peak" condition, unless stated otherwise. The YTZ and MRF pairing really intrigues me. Were they really THAT good as in, edging out XF just with them 2?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    yes all the characters in the battles i put down are in their "peak" condition, unless stated otherwise. The YTZ and MRF pairing really intrigues me. Were they really THAT good as in, edging out XF just with them 2?
    If you're talking about peak conditions with the GJpwners balanced to the same difficuly for 56 years old GJ, I would say GJ pwners. The quadraple at first wanted to do what MRF was doing, stall out. They at first thought that GJ's power was too meng, that's why they thought that GJ couldn't last long. However, from JY's view, JY said that GJ was fighting better and better showing no sign of losing energy anytime soon. That's the difference between XF and GJ. XF on the otherhand was clearly losing energy(even with a more conservative style).
    When the quadraple were fighting GJ, it was stated that GJ couldn't take it forever(not because of energy reasons like XF, but because he trully was losing). XF on the other hand was losing because of energy reasons.This gives me the impression that the quadraple against GJ is better because they were actually BEATING GJ. While XF was losing just because of energy reasons. Therefore, quadraple were actually using actual arts to beat GJ, not just stalling it out.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    If you're talking about peak conditions with the GJpwners balanced to the same difficuly for 56 years old GJ, I would say GJ pwners. The quadraple at first wanted to do what MRF was doing, stall out. They at first thought that GJ's power was too meng, that's why they thought that GJ couldn't last long. However, from JY's view, JY said that GJ was fighting better and better showing no sign of losing energy anytime soon. That's the difference between XF and GJ. XF on the otherhand was clearly losing energy(even with a more conservative style).
    When the quadraple were fighting GJ, it was stated that GJ couldn't take it forever(not because of energy reasons like XF, but because he trully was losing). XF on the other hand was losing because of energy reasons.This gives me the impression that the quadraple against GJ is better because they were actually BEATING GJ. While XF was losing just because of energy reasons. Therefore, quadraple were actually using actual arts to beat GJ, not just stalling it out.
    i understand what u mean with the long stalling between the duo pairing of YTZ and MRF against XF (with the duo winning in terms of endurance but not in actual arts). This battle itself makes me wonder if YJJ is actually >= 9 Yang Manual. because YTZ hasn't even mastered it completely and had reached astonishing results in such a short time.

    That's part of the reason why i added DCQ to the Team XF pwners in which XF clearly couldn't win and can only last a limited time as stated by someone else. Thus, this is somewhat similar to the situation with GJ had Golden Wheel Monk fought with his all from the start. GJ cannot win and can only last a limited time.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ChronoReverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Interestingly though, GJ wasn't tiring out nor were the quadruple actually able to do anything to him. It's not like they were pressing in on him. Even when someone caused GJ to have to go into an internal energy battle with GWM, he still stopped another person. It was the third person to strike him that beat him, but even then he didn't drop immediately.

    As for XF, even if he would've lost eventually, he sure didn't show any signs of it. Besides, DY jumped in far too soon.



    Incidentally, both XF and GJ would've won easily if they had been able to adapt a better tactic to spread out their opponents.

    GJ couldn't do that since he to both protect YG as well as being completely surrounded by thousands of enemy soldiers.

    XF can surely take on either of his opponents individually.

    The tactic is to move. That automatically forces your attackers to stretch a bit into a line.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 06-19-06 at 08:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Interestingly though, GJ wasn't tiring out nor were the quadruple actually able to do anything to him. It's not like they were pressing in on him. Even when someone caused GJ to have to go into an internal energy battle with GWM, he still stopped another person. It was the third person to strike him that beat him, but even then he didn't drop immediately.

    As for XF, even if he would've lost eventually, he sure didn't show any signs of it. Besides, DY jumped in far too soon.



    Incidentally, both XF and GJ would've won easily if they had been able to adapt a better tactic to spread out their opponents.

    GJ couldn't do that since he to both protect YG as well as being completely surrounded by thousands of enemy soldiers.

    XF can surely take on either of his opponents individually.

    The tactic is to move. That automatically forces your attackers to stretch a bit into a line.
    True true. Without a doubt, unless you're sweeper monk or something of that sort, when facing multiple opponents of worthy calibre, one must constantly move to try his/her best to avoid confrontation of more than one. That being said, Team GJ Pwners do have superior numbers although the 3 lackeys may be lacking a bit in skill. Undoubtedly, GWM would demand the attention of YTZ and MRF/DCQ, while either MRF/DCQ faces the three lackeys. so the key to this fight would lie in the lightness kung-fu and the ability to handle multiple opponents for whoever is facing the three lackeys.

    Hmmm...another possible scenario is who can finish who faster. if the battle played out with GWM versus DCQ and MRF and YTZ versus the three lackeys,
    the winning team will be whoever (GWM/YTZ) can finish out the fastest and help their other "losing" teammates.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    I think Douzhuan Xingyi would be more effective against GWM than against XF due to GWM having inferior technique.

    DCQ and MRF ought to be able to stall for more than long enough, though, to allow YTZ to absolutely crush the 3 lackeys.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I think Douzhuan Xingyi would be more effective against GWM than against XF due to GWM having inferior technique.

    DCQ and MRF ought to be able to stall for more than long enough, though, to allow YTZ to absolutely crush the 3 lackeys.
    hmmmm i dunno about MRF being able to use Dou Chuan Xing Yi more effectively against GWM than XF here. i mean, sure enough, level 10 Dragon Elephant Bo Yea Gong isn't fanciful like XF's Dragon Subduing 28 Palms or Dog-Beating Stick Technique but its power matches evenly or even goes beyond those Dragon Subduing palms. ZBT himself said he never met such raw power from the palm strikes when he faced GWM.

    Dou Chuan Xing Yi may be more effective against inferior technique. But when this inferior technique is backed by power equal to/greater than Dragon-Subduing Palms, it could be another story. MRF probably need higher internal energy, or a high internal energy partner (which DCQ clearly is not), to pull it off.

    For YTZ's fight, it'll be a battle between high internal energy vs. various, multiple techniques.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Interestingly though, GJ wasn't tiring out nor were the quadruple actually able to do anything to him. It's not like they were pressing in on him. Even when someone caused GJ to have to go into an internal energy battle with GWM, he still stopped another person. It was the third person to strike him that beat him, but even then he didn't drop immediately.

    As for XF, even if he would've lost eventually, he sure didn't show any signs of it. Besides, DY jumped in far too soon.



    Incidentally, both XF and GJ would've won easily if they had been able to adapt a better tactic to spread out their opponents.

    GJ couldn't do that since he to both protect YG as well as being completely surrounded by thousands of enemy soldiers.

    XF can surely take on either of his opponents individually.

    The tactic is to move. That automatically forces your attackers to stretch a bit into a line.
    GJ didn't lose partly because the GJ pwners didn't dare to go full out against GJ's XL18Z, it was too strong against them.
    If the battle lasted another hour which I think YTZ/MRF can do, then XF surely would be running out of gas. However, before XF starts getting tired, the battle looks tied or even slightly toward XF. But it's obvious that XF can't keep that up. If DY didn't jump in, I would vote that XF loses eventually. But you're right, at that point when XF had the energy, it looked equal and he didn't show signs of losing.
    GJ just had too many distractions. And the Mongol soldiers surriounding GJ made it little arena. And of course XF can pwn YTZ or MRF one on one. But 2 on 1, I have my doubts.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    GJ didn't lose partly because the GJ pwners didn't dare to go full out against GJ's XL18Z, it was too strong against them.
    If the battle lasted another hour which I think YTZ/MRF can do, then XF surely would be running out of gas. However, before XF starts getting tired, the battle looks tied or even slightly toward XF. But it's obvious that XF can't keep that up. If DY didn't jump in, I would vote that XF loses eventually. But you're right, at that point when XF had the energy, it looked equal and he didn't show signs of losing.
    GJ just had too many distractions. And the Mongol soldiers surriounding GJ made it little arena. And of course XF can pwn YTZ or MRF one on one. But 2 on 1, I have my doubts.
    XF should've carried a casket of wine with him for the extra boost, in which he can then edge those dynamic duo outta there. what a pity. sigh.

    Going back to GWM versus MRF and DCQ. what are DCQ's techniques? the energy dissipating technique? will that work on GWM?

    How long do u think YTZ will take before he beats the three lackeys, who have various techniques but relatively low internal energy, to aid his teammates?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    I think YTZ will pwn the 3 lackeys in one shot each, maybe even pull off a 2fer, because he has t3h LDA and it covers an unusually large area.

    IIRC XF already drank wine before fighting with YTZ and MRF.

    How does the Huagong Dafa / energy dissipating technique work? Does DCQ actually have to make physical contact with his opponent, is it a kind of distance attack?

  16. #16
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,370

    Default

    Regarding Murong Family's Power-shifting Method, I think it only works for opponents with lower internal energy. That's why Murong Fu dared not shift Ding Chunqiu's energy back to him. Instead he could only shift it to third parties who are weaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    How does the Huagong Dafa / energy dissipating technique work? Does DCQ actually have to make physical contact with his opponent
    Yes, and he has been known to successfully trick/lure opponents who even knew better ahead of time, but they fell for his trick.
    Last edited by PJ; 06-19-06 at 10:38 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  17. #17
    Banned Tony Lam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Because GJ in his prime is on par with XF, because GWM is on par with GJ, because XF can take on team XF pwners, GWM should be able to hold his ground against team XF pwners. With fillers, however, GWM should own team XF pwners.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    A=B
    C > A
    D > B

    does not imply

    D = C

  19. #19
    Banned Tony Lam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    A=B
    C > A
    D > B

    does not imply

    D = C
    Yea, your mathematical logic is correct, but what is your point?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lam
    Because GJ in his prime is on par with XF, because GWM is on par with GJ, because XF can take on team XF pwners, GWM should be able to hold his ground against team XF pwners. With fillers, however, GWM should own team XF pwners.
    but XF cannot overtake and will lose to Team XF Pwners (You TanZhi, MuRong Fu, and Ding ChunQiu) which is the reason why they're called XF Pwners in the first place. so according to your logic, GWM cannot hold his ground against Team XF Pwners by himself. He might be able to win it with his 3 lackeys.

Similar Threads

  1. Team War: Team L/R Hands versus Team Reversal
    By augster123 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-12-10, 02:25 AM
  2. Team War: Team Icemen vs. Eastern Heretic + Southern Monk
    By augster123 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-07, 08:42 PM
  3. Team War: Team Northern Heroes vs. Team Big Demon Heads
    By augster123 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-09-07, 02:09 PM
  4. Mongolian Team War: Team ROCH vs Team HSDS
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-31-07, 12:17 AM
  5. Team War: Team Taoists vs. Team 'XF Pwners+GWM'
    By augster123 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-24-06, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •