View Poll Results: 3 Evil Monks (GWM, GWM, CK) vs. 3 Former Beggar Union Leaders (XF, H7G, HR)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only XuZhu or Sweeper Monk can do this "Ching Lay Moon Wu".

5 41.67%
  • Beggars FTW!

7 58.33%
  • *shrugs*

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team War: Evil Monks vs. former Beggar Union Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Oh no Hanky! The disease got you too!
    It's the end of the world as we know it. That's what happens when you engage in too much conversations with kids.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, that race between XF and XYS just outside that mansion of Madame Ma's. They seemed to be neck and neck there and that's been holding out for quite a few miles. Whereas later in Shaolin, XF seemed to have overtaken his father.
    Last edited by Hanky Panky; 06-19-06 at 10:51 PM.

The other potential wildcard is the addition of YTZ!!

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    Then what could be explained of MRB finding it a real problem to cancel out the palm blast of XF in their second exchange near that area? I highly doubt the age factor comes into play.
    It could just mean that Murong Bo's attacks are not as aggressive as Xiao Feng. Guo Jing's attacks are also described as not as aggressive as Xiao Feng, and I doubt Guo Jing can dissipate Xiao Feng's blow.

It's only natural that XF excelled over him in the inner strength area.
    May I ask what makes you think so? Murong Bo at the age of 14 could already kill decent fighters with a single semi-long distance attack.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

not funny..

Asking whether or not GJ can dissapate XF's palm is a bit more controversial in my opinion. YG and GJ's palm power are relatively similiar. YG's palm isn't that far from XF and at least can recieve it, so I don't see how GJ can't take go palm to palm. XF is stronger, but it's not like sky and ground distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    YG's palm isn't that far from XF and at least can recieve it
    He can receive it but can he completely dissipate it? Dunno.

Is there anyone in DGSD who successfully dissipated Xiao Feng's palm blast?

Personally, I doubt that Yang Guo can dissipate it completely. Yang Guo's palm was dissipated by Huang Yaoshi, albeit probably from a slightly greater distance than the distance between Murong Bo and Xiao Feng. But the fact is that Huang could dissipate Yang Guo's Sad Palm. Do you think that Huang Yaoshi can dissipate Xiao Feng's palm blast whereas Murong Bo cannot?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    He can receive it but can he completely dissipate it? Dunno.

Is there anyone in DGSD who successfully dissipated Xiao Feng's palm blast?

Personally, I doubt that Yang Guo can dissipate it completely. Yang Guo's palm was dissipated by Huang Yaoshi, albeit probably from a slightly greater distance than the distance between Murong Bo and Xiao Feng. But the fact is that Huang could dissipate Yang Guo's Sad Palm. Do you think that Huang Yaoshi can dissipate Xiao Feng's palm blast whereas Murong Bo cannot?
    I never said YG can completely dissipate it, but YG can at least recieve it and not get blown away or get a broken arm. This gives me the impression that GJ can do the same, for I always considered GJ and YG's palm power relatively equal.
    HYS could dissapate YG's palm, but not at YG going full power at dissapate using palm vs palm. I personally opinion is that MRB can't dissapate YG's. And HYS can't dissapate XF's either. (using palm)
    Last edited by Whsie; 06-19-06 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I never said YG can completely dissipate it, but YG can at least recieve it and not get blown away or get a broken arm. This gives me the impression that GJ can do the same, for I always considered GJ and YG's palm power relatively equal.
    HYS could dissapate YG's palm, but not at YG going full power at dissapate using palm vs palm. I personally opinion is that MRB can't dissapate YG's. And HYS can't dissapate XF's either. (using palm)
    hmmmm...going back more on topic, do u think Golden Wheel Monk's level 10 Dragon Elephant Bo Yea Gong can dissipate XF's aggressive Dragon Subduing 28 Palm strikes? Or should i have asked it the other way around?

My personal opinion is that Murong Bo can dissipate Yang Guo's Sad Palm energy whereas Huang Yaoshi doesn't have a chance at dissipating Xiao Feng's palm blast using Mighty Snapping Finger.

But then again, Xiao Feng's palm blasts have been described with such raw fiercenes; he really goes all-out full-blast 110% (2nd edition); I doubt anybody who is on par with him can fully dissipate a palm blast from him, including JMZ, Golden Wheel Monk, and his father.

Meanwhile, that doesn't necessarily suggest he can defeat any of them. Unlike Hanky, I am unconvinced of Xiao Feng's internal superiority just because he displays more aggressive attacks.
    Last edited by PJ; 06-20-06 at 12:29 AM.

My personal opinion is that Murong Bo can dissipate Yang Guo's Sad Palm energy whereas Huang Yaoshi doesn't have a chance at dissipating Xiao Feng's palm blast using Mighty Snapping Finger.

But then again, Xiao Feng's palm blasts have been described with such raw fiercenes; he really goes all-out full-blast 110% (2nd edition); I doubt anybody who is on par with him can fully dissipate a palm blast from him, including JMZ, Golden Wheel Monk, and his father.

Meanwhile, that doesn't necessarily suggest he can defeat any of them. Unlike Hanky, I am unconvinced of Xiao Feng's internal superiority just because he displays more aggressive attacks.
    In DGSG, was there a fight where XF's fighting spirit and aggressiveness were critical in winning a battle?

May I ask what makes you think so?
    I’ve already made it clear and I hope it wasn‘t neglected. Jinyong has established that similarities in XYS’s gongli to MRB was the reason to XYS not being able to narrow down the gap between them by several zhangs, whereas XF can.

Previously, XF could not catch up to XYS outside of Madame Ma‘s residence, the gap that separated them remained the same on average and they‘ve been going at it for 4 hours covering more than 50 kilometres of distance. Chamber of scriptures was at most a few kilometres away from the actual Shaolin entrance.

But having slightly higher internal strength does not signify it as the be all and end all of things. XF still has to deal with a finger jab that can be executed arguably from 7-8 zhang away if Shifting Star Movement is futile against his XLZ.

Jinyong has established that similarities in XYS’s gongli to MRB was the reason to XYS not being able to narrow down the gap between them by several zhangs, whereas XF can.
    I think I got what you were trying to say now. You are suggesting that Xiao Feng probably improved more than Papas Xiao/Murong from [the time he chased his father outside Ma's house] to now. And you think this because Xiao Feng could narrow down the gap whereas Xiao Yuanshan could not.

But actually, I see no indication that Xiao Feng narrowed down the gap more than Xiao Yuanshan. They were chasing Murong Bo from two sides of the path. The only thing that Xiao Feng did for sure that Xiao Yuanshan didn't do for whatever reason, is firing a palm blast.

…蕭遠山便難追及。蕭峰卻正當壯年,武功精力,俱是登峰造極之時,發力疾趕之下,當慕容博奔到少林寺山門口 時,蕭峰于數丈外一掌拍出,掌力已及后背。
    …XYS will find it difficult to get near him. However XF has just entered his prime, his martial arts and energy are now at its peak years…

The only thing that Xiao Feng did for sure that Xiao Yuanshan didn't do for whatever reason, is firing a palm blast.
    Those words of ‘get near him’ probably suggests that XYS could not get close enough to launch an assault on MRB‘s back. Since Abbot Xuanci struck Ah Zhu from several zhangs away, XYS should be able to manage it.

Also, the sentence that followed opens up with a very important and (perhaps) decisive word: “However”, which seemed from my POV an indication that what father cannot do, son could do. Otherwise, without this kind of rationalization applied to it then that follow-up sentence was pointless to include. Unless of course there is another story behind it.

Btw, I got a bit mischievous in my word usages of ‘overwhelmed’ and ‘only natural’, just testing out the posters’ knowledge of wuxia in this forum.