View Poll Results: Who is your most hated villain of both LOCH/ROCH?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ouyang Feng

1 1.67%
  • Qiu Qianren

4 6.67%
  • Genghis Kahn

1 1.67%
  • Jinlun Guoshi

0 0%
  • Wanyan Honglie

11 18.33%
  • Mei Chaofeng

0 0%
  • Ouyang Ke

8 13.33%
  • Yang Kang

16 26.67%
  • Li Mochou

2 3.33%
  • Zhen Zhibing

17 28.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most hated villain of both LOCH/ROCH

For me, the most hated villains the the ones who are not labeled as villains. If the villains are known, then you can put up your defenses whenever they get near, but those who are supposed to be friends or righteous who keeps making life hell for you, or to cause harms to you by either their ignorant, stupidity, or pride should be called out as such and pay for their crimes. I'm talking about like Ke Zhen E, the Quan Zhen sect in LOCH, the Quan Zhen sect, Guo Fu, Huang Rong in ROCH.

OK. Ke Zhen E did realized his big mistake, and told Guo Jing to go find Huang Rong, but did the Quan Zhen sect ever aplogized and take their responsibility for wanting to kill Huang Yaoshi ? And in ROCH, the Quan Zhen sect, Guo Fu, and Huang Rong never really apolgized and take responsibility for their mistakes with Yang Guo and XLN. After mistreating Yang Guo and kill Grandny Sun, the next time they met, except for Hao Datong which was directly responsible for killing Grandny Sun, all Sun Bu'er did was about how Yang Guo not respecting her sect and XLN striked Zhao Zhijing. And after realized Yin Zhiping raped XLN, all they did was basically chase Yang Guo and XLN out of Chongyang palace as quickly as possible. And did Huang Rong ever realized that by trying to split Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu, she almost caused the deaths of Yang Guo and XLN in the Passionless valley, or caused their lifetime regret if XLN married Gongsun Zhi, and the main reason why Yang Guo went back to Xiang Jang to kill Guo Jing? But even knowing how much her daughter and her family caused griefs to Yang Guo and XLN, suspecting Guo Xiang having a date whe Yang Guo, what did she do? She armed herself with hidden weapons, blades and her short stick to go check if Guo Xiang was meeting with Yang Guo. Was she going to kill Yang Guo? Having friends like this, it was good that Yang Guo just went away for the 16 years waiting for his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by hoatran View Post
    For me, the most hated villains the the ones who are not labeled as villains. If the villains are known, then you can put up your defenses whenever they get near, but those who are supposed to be friends or righteous who keeps making life hell for you, or to cause harms to you by either their ignorant, stupidity, or pride should be called out as such and pay for their crimes. I'm talking about like Ke Zhen E, the Quan Zhen sect in LOCH, the Quan Zhen sect, Guo Fu, Huang Rong in ROCH.
    I call BS on all this.

OK. Ke Zhen E did realized his big mistake, and told Guo Jing to go find Huang Rong, but did the Quan Zhen sect ever aplogized and take their responsibility for wanting to kill Huang Yaoshi ?
    Considering that they were all good by the end of LOCH, I say things had been wrapped up to everyone's satisfaction.

Moreover, *we* have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, but the characters didn't. At the time, which of the characters *weren't* fooled by the Jin's and West Poison Au Yeung Fung's plot? Even Wong Yung herself didn't figure it out until Au Yeung Fung, Yeung Hong, Yeun Nang Hung Lit, etc. blundered into the Iron Spear Temple and spilled the beans. It's so easy to Monday Morning Quarterback this, but the villains had everybody fooled (and would have succeeded if not for that mangy mutt and those meddling kids).

And in ROCH, the Quan Zhen sect, Guo Fu, and Huang Rong never really apolgized and take responsibility for their mistakes with Yang Guo and XLN.
    Pfft. Frankly, I think Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl needed to apologize to the Cheun Jen Sect, Gwok Fu, Wong Yung, and especially the reading/viewing audiences of ROCH.

To me, personally, no apology from those two Icons of Ick would be good enough (but it'd be a start).

After mistreating Yang Guo and kill Grandny Sun, the next time they met, except for Hao Datong which was directly responsible for killing Grandny Sun, all Sun Bu'er did was about how Yang Guo not respecting her sect and XLN striked Zhao Zhijing.
    Tell you what: next time strangers break into your house and threaten violence against you and yours, apologize to them for not opening the door for them and telling them precisely where they need to strike.

And did Huang Rong ever realized that by trying to split Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu, she almost caused the deaths of Yang Guo and XLN in the Passionless valley, or caused their lifetime regret if XLN married Gongsun Zhi, and the main reason why Yang Guo went back to Xiang Jang to kill Guo Jing? But even knowing how much her daughter and her family caused griefs to Yang Guo and XLN, suspecting Guo Xiang having a date whe Yang Guo, what did she do? She armed herself with hidden weapons, blades and her short stick to go check if Guo Xiang was meeting with Yang Guo. Was she going to kill Yang Guo? Having friends like this, it was good that Yang Guo just went away for the 16 years waiting for his wife.
    I got a paper cut this morning and it's all God's fault because God created the Heavens and the Earth, ergo humanity was created and I was born, and thirty-eight years and a month later, I got a paper cut. Clearly, it's all God's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    I just dug out the passage and I am tempted to agree with you there.
    Though I still think that it didn't quite completely dawn on him until XLN found out. (Maybe it's because her finding out added to the damage already done, maybe it was that direct confrontation that did it - but it still seems to me like he needed that wake-up call.)
    I can agree that actually seeing the damage [XLN's reaction] further stirred his soul.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Pfft. Frankly, I think Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl needed to apologize to the Cheun Jen Sect, Gwok Fu, Wong Yung, and especially the reading/viewing audiences of ROCH.
    Outch! I wear steel toe boots. I can't feel whose foot I step on. This is not the anti-Yang Guo, XLN thread, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    That's how hated rapists are.
    Nah, not all rapists - just this poor sod.
    I'm tempted to think that had ZZB raped a minor character or Guo Fu or Li Mo Chou or whoever, many more people would be willing to forgive him - and maybe he wouldn't even need to show half the amount of angst and remorse that he gets to display in the novel.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Well, in the 3rd edition, Gongsun Zhi was written as even more despicable with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and no excuses any reader could find for his behaviour. How come he's not on the list?

But I have the feeling that if Gongsun Zhi succeeded in raping GF, readers who clap in joy.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, in the 3rd edition, Gongsun Zhi was written as even more despicable with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and no excuses any reader could find for his behaviour. How come he's not on the list?

But I have the feeling that if Gongsun Zhi succeeded in raping GF, readers who clap in joy.
    NO. I would be crying if it happened. I feel bad for GF that she couldn't end up with YG, the man she loved.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    ??? I don't understand. Readers would clap in joy because a female character was raped? Well, I'm rather sure that if it did happen, readers would shake their heads and lament "Well, she was a b!tch, but she didn't deserve to be violated..." or think "Maybe, Karma?" to themselves. Certainly no one with an ounce of human sympathy would clap in joy. Even the latter thought is too cruel. Don't we all have mothers, sisters, female cousins and friends, or nieces? Some of us reading are females ourselves.

Rape is extremely terrifying and invasive, and the survivor [especially one as prideful as Guo Fu] may never get over the lasting trauma. No matter how I have hated any person, fictional or otherwise, as a woman I would never wish this upon another woman. In addition, Guo Fu was but a girl of 16 years for the majority of the show...she was just a child. It is the author who molded her into such a despicable character, thankfully he was not so cruel as some to have written for such a terrible event to occur.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    ??? I don't understand. Readers would clap in joy because a female character was raped? Well, I'm rather sure that if it did happen, readers would shake their heads and lament "Well, she was a b!tch, but she didn't deserve to be violated..." or think "Maybe, Karma?" to themselves. Certainly no one with an ounce of human sympathy would clap in joy. Even the latter thought is too cruel. Don't we all have mothers, sisters, female cousins and friends, or nieces? Some of us reading are females ourselves.

Rape is extremely terrifying and invasive, and the survivor [especially one as prideful as Guo Fu] may never get over the lasting trauma. No matter how I have hated any person, fictional or otherwise, as a woman I would never wish this upon another woman. In addition, Guo Fu was but a girl of 16 years for the majority of the show...she was just a child. It is the author who molded her into such a despicable character, thankfully he was not so cruel as some to have written for such a terrible event to occur.
    You don't know how crazy fervent wuxia fans can get.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.canmag.com/images/front/batman/darkknight15.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Zhao Zhijing and Yang Kang. 2 Despicable traitors.
    i have to agree with you

WYHL. He ruined the life of two family and their sons.